Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges (9725 Views)

DSS Detains Wale Adedayo, Ogun LG Chairman Who Accused Abiodun Of Fund Diversion / Yoruba Nation: The Coming Storm - Wale Adedayo / Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Omooba77: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2023
The Chairman of Ijebu East Local Government Area of Ogun State, Wale Adedayo, has accused Governor Dapo Abiodun of diverting the statutory Federal Allocation due to the state’s Local Governments in the last two years.

Adedayo, in a letter written to former Governor, Chief Olusegun Osoba, on Sunday, and obtained by our correspondent alleged that over N10.8bn fund of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme was also diverted by the governor.

The LG boss claimed that the 10 per cent of the state’s Internally Generated Revenue, which the constitution also stipulated should go to the local government has not been given since Abiodun reportedly got into office.

While attributing the diversion of funds as a key reason the All Progressives Congress lost some of the councils in the last general election, Adedayo urged Osoba to convince Governor Dapo Abiodun to allow the Federal statutory allocation to reach each of the councils.

So This Happened (216) Reviews Policeman Beaten By Mob In Lagos, Others | Punch
According to him, the trend of denying local governments their due Federal Allocations in the State began during the Administration of former Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

He added, “This letter should have been written about two years ago. But I was wary of what many naive people would say about me. Besides, at your age and given the level of your selfless contributions to the development of our state, and Nigeria in general, we expect you to be taking a well-deserved rest at this time.

“Your urgent intervention is sorely needed to convince the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, that the statutory Federal Allocation to Local Governments in Ogun State should be allowed to reach each of them as envisaged by the 1999 Constitution. Since we (Ogun State Local Government Chairmen) got on board in 2021, there has been Zero Federal Allocation to each local government. The 10% of the state’s Internally Generated Revenue, which the Constitution also stipulated should go to the local government has not been given since Abiodun got into office.

“Now, the negative consequences of Zero Federal Allocations to Local Government Councils in Ogun State should be clear for all to see. We should not have lost the last elections in all the places we did during the Governorship and House of Assembly polls if our local governments were being funded as provided for in the 1999 Constitution. I am not proud to say that we (Local Government Chairmen) have done very little or nothing since we were sworn in because the funds to work are being withheld by Mr. Governor.

“Former President Muhammadu Buhari assisted the states and Local Governments with what we call palliatives today. They called it, SURE-P. The first sent to the 20 local governments in Ogun State was N2.5 billion. The second one was, N2.6 billion. The third was, N2.8 billion, while the fourth shortly before Buhari left office was N2.9bn. Not a dime of these funds was released to any local government in Ogun State.

The Ogun State Executive Committee of the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) had a meeting with the Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Dapo Okubadejo, early this year. The Commissioner claimed that the 20 local governments were owing the Ogun State Government N17 billion, which they continue to deduct. But I know for a fact that my Ijebu East Local Government is NOT owing Abeokuta one Naira!

“We’ve also heard about Ecological funds and others. These have developed wings too without trace. It is certain that the current one being packaged by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu may likely follow the same course. And, we are the ones the people will abuse. I am the butt of jokes in my local government right now, with many saying one is incompetent.

“In Ijebu East Local Government Area, our people need roads, especially in the interior. They need water. The Health Centres are nothing to write home about. The primary schools are something else. It is a crying shame that, in 2023 some of our people still depend on water from the stream to drink! Great Awo provided pipe-borne water almost 60 years ago.”

Efforts to get the response of the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Lekan Adeniran were not successful.

He promised to send a statement but had yet to do so at the time this report was filed.

Meanwhile, Adedayo has petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, urging the institution to investigate the same allegations against the governor.

https://punchng.com/abiodun-diverted-ogun-lgs-allocations-n10-8bn-bailout-council-boss-alleges/

2 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Sonia2212(f): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2023
Alright
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by TemplarLandry: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2023
cool
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Omooba77: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2023
Babalawo fighting Dapo, this is serious oooòo.......

4 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Racoon(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2023
shocked This Dapo Abiodun have an alleged criminals records with the US that made him fled back to contest for elective position as a governor in Nigeria. Yet people of sophisticated politics voted him in. Now the criminality continues

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by 22o62021: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2023
What of buhari?
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by slivertongue: 11:07am On Aug 29, 2023
corruption everywhere you go
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by TheGameYard(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Recover
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by meum: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Na now una day break abi?

I keep saying it, if the penalty for corruption isn’t death then any fight against corruption is just a waste of time. Take it or leave it!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Angelfrost(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Again, I say it...

Without eliminating Corruption, this nation will never move forward.

The funny thing is that underfed idiots will come forward to defend the man...!

How many governors or Mayors or PMs across the world get this kind mind like our leaders here to touch public funds anyhow??!

We have fully endorsed Corruption and Immorality as citizens and as leaders... Yet we claim to be very religious and cultural.

Tueh!!!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by helinues: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2023
Daniel's lapdog on dirty errands

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Jackson619007: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2023
The veracity of the charge appears credible, although this is a sentiment commonly encountered and observed within the context of being Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Unperturbedpota: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2023
Now you all see they I said it . If only Asiwaju had decided to be different amd bring in people with integrity and brains people like this criminal will be behind bars.

But what can I say, h compensated those who helped him win , meaning he had no intention of compensating the citizens by being an honest and good leader
See let me tell you guys Peter obi is not he best , but of the 3 he is the most sane and less corrupt.

Looking at Asiwaju's cabinet saddens me ... Corrupt motherless bastards looting our motherland .

One day we will have a leader who will tell the cabal and all these so called bastards to go fūck transformer . The person will jail and arresst all these corrupt bastards and save Nigeria.

The entire board of NNPC will b arrested, the whole past governors and senators arrested and made to account for very kobo they stole .

All past presidents will be jailed and all they stole seized from them .

All past rebels and militants from Tompolo to Nnamdi kanu arrested and executed

All past military chiefs who stole money arrested and executed.

Trust me after this a new cabinet can be formed and a new Nigeria will be born

But the type of leader who can do this is not currently in political limelight. I don't think even Peter Obi has the balls to do this .

But this is what Nigeria needs

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by westlius(m): 11:45am On Aug 29, 2023
The way these people call Billions
To them its thousands
I wonder how many thousands of people one billion will push out of poverty
Person will now steal billions
God no go shame us

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by bro4u: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2023
Fantastically corrupt country,, Nigeria
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by BigDawsNet: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2023
If these allegations are tru... right now I doubt theirs's much that can be done...

This party has lot of immunity especially when they are still serving...

I know when they suck dry this country... even the rich will be so scared to move around without atleast 10 bodyguard

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Kingpele(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2023
APC is a party of thieves....u can't survive in APC if u are not a big thief ....but my problem is with poor supporters of this party ...when APC came on board in 2015 a dollar to one naira was 213 ...APC told us that they were going to bring it down to 1 dollar 1 naira but after 8years 1 dollar to naira is nearly 1k now...maybe they meant they will make it 1k to 1 dollar... we were decieved by this gangs of criminals...inflation is reducing the purchasing power of masses...we protested against fuel subsidy removal in 2014 during GEJ when we are not hungry now APC have inflicted massive hunger in the land ...nobody has the strength to protest anymore...u can't protest on empty stomach...the supporters of APC are the real enemies of humanity

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Rilwayne001: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2023
The problem with this country is that Nigerians don’t hold state and local government accountable for their duties, all eyes on the FG.

This gives the State and LG to do whatever they like.

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Akerele44(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2023
Handsome criminal

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by madridguy(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2023
Without we the citizens protest against our respective state governors I don't think we can have any development.

The governors will continue to enslave the local government chairmen which is not good for our society.
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2023
Hmm..
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by MrUchenna1(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2023
with all the internal generated revenue from Ogun state, laterally no government present within the communities from Berger to Sagamu
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by updatechange(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2023
They said he’s a billionaire I said he’s a thief… I don’t know why I hate this governor with passion. Very useless human being.
Ogun state have been very unfortunate in having a good governor, but amongst all this one is the worst…
Ikpeazu is 10x better even when both of them are failures.
Na to Dey fly yellow cap up and down stupid cultist angry
Spits in his bald head.

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by MrPOTUS: 11:51am On Aug 29, 2023
undecided

Credit card theif turned governor. What do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by safarilove(m): 11:53am On Aug 29, 2023
Sorry to say this..you guys are all the same!

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by utenwuson: 11:54am On Aug 29, 2023
Governor Bello of kogi state diverted the same money and dash the chairmen 10m for personal use

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Winning123: 11:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Are you clean!

Unperturbedpota:
Now you all see they I said it . If only Asiwaju had decided to be different amd bring in people with integrity and brains people like this criminal will be behind bars.

But what can I say, h compensated those who helped him win , meaning he had no intention of compensating the citizens by being an honest and good leader
See let me tell you guys Peter obi is not he best , but of the 3 he is the most sane and less corrupt.

Looking at Asiwaju's cabinet saddens me ... Corrupt motherless bastards looting our motherland .

One day we will have a leader who will tell the cabal and all these so called bastards to go fūck transformer . The person will jail and arresst all these corrupt bastards and save Nigeria.

The entire board of NNPC will b arrested, the whole past governors and senators arrested and made to account for very kobo they stole .

All past presidents will be jailed and all they stole seized from them .

All past rebels and militants from Tompolo to Nnamdi kanu arrested and executed

All past military chiefs who stole money arrested and executed.

Trust me after this a new cabinet can be formed and a new Nigeria will be born

But the type of leader who can do this is not currently in political limelight. I don't think even Peter Obi has the balls to do this .

But this is what Nigeria needs
Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by SmartPolician: 11:56am On Aug 29, 2023
No be Ebola guy?

Why should anyone be surprised? undecided

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by ACRI: 11:57am On Aug 29, 2023
Ogun don enter one chance

That man does not deserve a second term, the state is competing with Niger and Kogi in terms of bad roads and poor development indices.

Guyman governor, he ll embezzlement that #5B too, just watch

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges by Unperturbedpota: 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Winning123:
Are you clean!

When our son asks you, "daddy should I be a thief like you" please tell him yes, when he asks you "bu daddy isn't stealing bad , daddy you are a thief o"Say who cares, are you clean?

Go on that way you hear me?

Please do not have children, they won't be useful to society with this your mentality

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prostitution Banned In Abuja / 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration / Kebbi People, Aminu Arrive Bunza To Set Pace Ahead Of Atiku’s Visit (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.