Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs (25179 Views)

Nigerian Woman Commits Suicide In Gambia (Photo) / NARD STRIKE! Health Minister Directs CMDs And MDs To Open Attendance Register / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by emapeteum(m): 10:16am On Aug 31, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Another iliterate opening this mouth to talk rubbish. You can't compare prices ike that that except it is one dollar to 1 Naira.

But iliterates don't know this hey look at the dollar conversion whic is dumb an stupid

Can you live on N6000 monthly you mumu? No you can't but someone can live one $2000 monthly.

It's jottngeir fault you keep devaluing your currency due to bad leadership policies and no sense 9n governance.

So you can't compare even ordinary Ghana right next to you there Nigeria Ghana with a lower currency 5han Naira is still by far a better country but ou are too uneducated to know this and ca never afford to leave Nigeria in the first place so no need to argue with you 🤣🤣🤣🤣
How is he illiterate? Those who are quick to call others illiterate are the least informed set of people.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by soccerlite: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
I got an offer to egypt as a medical doctor for 6,000$ a month with a year vacation

Lolzzzzz

Check his profile

Don't fall for false information

"Mods pls help me out, am a shy type,i am desperately looking for girl to marry, am 23 years old, i have my OND and presently in 200level in open university reading economics, i presently work in civil defensce corps, am planning to marry in 2 to 3 years coming and i plan to relocate to abroad to do my master and stay dere, please some will think am forming, but is not everybody dat av d boldness to approach a girl, am damn serious, i stay and work in abuja, thank you all, pls if you av sum1 pls link me with d person, thanks and God bless"

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by israelmao(m): 10:16am On Aug 31, 2023
You pontificating patriotism here as we have a nation where leaders care about his citizen without discrimination and in honesty,the sense if patriotism only comes alive in nation where every citizen feels sense of belonging and not ostracized.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Unperturbedpota: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2023
emapeteum:

How is he illiterate? Those who are quick to call others illiterate are the least informed set of people.

Go and read the nonsense he wrote without reasoning then you would know he is a iliterate.

Too many iliterates in Nigeria are one of the problems of that country
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Blitzking: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2023
dre11:
Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs Tell Reps

https://dailytrust.com/nigerian-doctors-relocating-to-sierra-leone-gambia-to-earn-4000-wages-cmds-tell-reps/
so you want Dr's to remain collecting stipends forgetting that the profession is like manual labourer the day u mistakenly become disabled e go shock you 0 kobo u no go see everybody go forsake you. Drs need to start opening businesses cos it would be painful after a long stay in school u labour in vain..while some ppl share Ghana must go bag of dollars for doing nothing.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Gentlevip: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2023
What is wrong with Nigeria. This trend has been happening for nearly 60 years

Is their a need to consult the Oracle?? Is there some curse we need to lift?? Or is it us
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by LordBillionz: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2023
Sierra Leone is the new destination wink wink
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Dozis: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2023
modernWays:

Will you also advise them to run for medical training in abroad you are much cherished? Some of you people will get trained with less than 1m in our public universities, only to take the same certificate to work in another countries. These selfish beings will never compare the cost of training with another countries, they will only keep crying on the payment as if they are not earn above all civil servants in Nigeria.

If the cost of training is cheaper, the cost of rendering the service must not be expect to be too high. Government considered you to be Nigerians first before they subsidise your training, it only logical for you to be of help or useful to the same country that trained you.

It is high time Government enact a law that will banish Doctors done in public universities from relocating in their first 10 years of service.
Just look at the way you reason.
It was the collective treasury of the nation that was used to train everyone and not anybody's personal money. We are all partakers of whatever resources we find in the nation we were born into, please don't give me that crap.
The money belongs to all of us, so no special favour was done to anyone, that anybody was elected to be in custody of what we collective own doesn't make the person the owner, just a custodian.
Most of the politicians were also trained in Nigerian universities, so going by your reasoning, they should equally be earning peanuts because the country trained them.
We notice that of healthcare because it is a critical sector, what of non health care workers trained in Nigerian universities that have left too?
My parents trained me in university, maybe I should just go and be serving them instead of looking for a way to better my life.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Nkemsplendid: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2023
The man is right. If you do a bit of research, you will find out he is speaking the truth. The Edward Francis Smalls Teaching Hospital in Banjul is recruiting seriously right now and the pay is actually $4k per month. Several of our colleagues here in Enugu have taken the offer.
spiSeyi:
Nor be the same Gambia that pays a maximum of 45000 GMD ~ 608 USD/month sad . Nigeria might not be paying Medical doctors well but comparing Gambia's pay with Nigeria's is a white lie grin . Post-NYC Doctors in Nigeria receive at least 250 USD/month not to talk of house officers. What is the GDP of Gambia that a medical doctor will be paid 4k USD undecided. Make I no even mention angry 🇸🇱 Oshey doctor lamba Okpor cheesy .
What is he still doing in Nigeria as CMD, Gambia nor far nah grin
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Dozis: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2023
jamesversion:

Na free visa and air ticket?
Why not go to the airport with your luggage and board any flight you like.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 31, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
I got an offer to egypt as a medical doctor for 6,000$ a month with a year vacation
Make lielie no do you something for this life sha
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Menclothing: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2023
More student should be admitted
More schools should be given license of medicine
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by emapeteum(m): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Go and read the nonsense he wrote without reasoning then you would know he is a iliterate.

How is he illiterate pls? Do you think the standard of living in the Western world is the same in Nigeria?
Since you are the few literate in Nigeria, disagree with him with facts

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Princedapace(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2023
toshiem:
While I have a strong affinity for unity, I believe that the act of dividing our nation could potentially lead us towards progress. Nigeria's challenges, such as extensive tribalism, election zoning, favoritism, the quota system in governance, and the selection of ministers based on regional representation, appear to be hindering our advancement.

That is the problem of Nigeria and if u carefully watch Europeans, they planned their countries in a way that would mitigate tribalism by having more of nations than states as countries.

According to research, countries that are nations tend to do better than countries that are state in formation. And those places where ethnicity maybe an issue where the countries are in state formats, the white run a system that help to give the ethnic groups identity and high level of separation from the central govt.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by dontrulee: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2023
I recently got an offer on a twelve month contract to be part of a 20 man team gynecologist to neighbouring west Africa with a wage of 3,500$ per month with other benefits and major expenses paid. Such a nice offer but I refused it because of other engagements I have for the following year

The health system in Nigeria is very bad, right from when I was in medical school, my consultants and professors advice us to leave Nigeria. It's getting worse by the day. Just few days ago, a whole CMD assaulted a medical officer on call. That's barbaric and uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by dontrulee: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2023
Menclothing:
More student should be admitted
More schools should be given license of medicine

It's not helping matters.

Many hospitals are lacking house officers at the moment and yet, the portal isn't opened. Many recently inducted medical doctors are just wasting away or doing PP or locum awaiting for the portal to open.
The whole system is whack. Sorry to say grin[center][/center]
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by tabaralph: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2023
Omenapounds:
May anybody who still went ahead and voted for Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the February 25th presidential election after the past 8years of utter failure of Buharis administration, never experience peace for as long as Tinubu is on that seat. May his generation never forgive him for dragging them with himself into such mess...
So our doctors are now running to smaller African countries just to survive, and some people are still playing the tribalism card? 🥺🥺 You guys think we hate Tinubu but no, we know he doesn't have anything positive to offer Nigeria cus you can't give what you don't have. Tinubus dainted image will haunt him on that seat until he leaves it...

It is well...

Drops Mic
TINUBU Is bad ,Atiku not good, Obi that closedown all the government hospitals in Anambra during his reign as governor would have be the best right?… sense would not kill you
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Saidfx(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2023
LagosPrince:
Tinubu hardship is hitting everywhere

The rich are getting poorer under Tinubu illegitimate government

It's been happening before tnubu. It's a Nigerian problem and the oligarchs don't want you to like the country.. simple
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2023
Which services? The services rendered are lip services if any surgical operation arises such operation will be diverted to their private hospital and tell the patients that such services cannot be rendered in public hospital.
CodeTemplar:
at least they rendering the service either personally or publicly. The japa-cligue aren't.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Ballmer: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2023
Continue deceiving your foolish Igbo head na Tinubu n Buhari reduce the salary of doctors.

Omenapounds:
May anybody who still went ahead and voted for Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the February 25th presidential election after the past 8years of utter failure of Buharis administration, never experience peace for as long as Tinubu is on that seat. May his generation never forgive him for dragging them with himself into such mess...
So our doctors are now running to smaller African countries just to survive, and some people are still playing the tribalism card? 🥺🥺 You guys think we hate Tinubu but no, we know he doesn't have anything positive to offer Nigeria cus you can't give what you don't have. Tinubus dainted image will haunt him on that seat until he leaves it...

It is well...

Drops Mic
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Aguogba(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2023
Very soon na native doctors go dey in charge of our hospitals.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by StemCellTherapi(m): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2023
But can't the government pay these doctors $4000 monthly?

Anyways, government should give me Scholarship to study Medicine.

I am a Graduate and I have the brains for it.

But anyways, I am a Naturopath and Organic Stem Cell Therapist.

Atleast, we dey get clients tongue
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Srii: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2023
Ferdinandu:
How much do you pay for accommodation in Michigan compared to Nigeria, how much is basic plate of food in Michigan compared to Nigeria, how much do you pay for monthly utility compared to Nigeria. You people are always after the nominal value of these wages compared to the real value. Last time I checked the basic accommodation fee of a typical US city is 10 times or more compared to that of a Nigerian city. These wages makes only so much difference if you can be earning but spending it with Nigerian standard which is not possible. Flaunting the nominal value of salaries doesn't tell the real story
May God bless you.

Personally I don't support the government or what is happening in the country, it's sad and pathetic but the noise and comparism is too much.
How can you compare salary of a country where 1 year house rent is #500,000 with a country where 1 month house rent is #600, 000.

Anybody that want to leave should leave silently, its not like they are kuku happy to stay, many of them are not even qualified to work outside and those that are qualified should leave.

Everybody is underpaid in the country,they are not the only one.

The noise needs to stop. The government should also work hard to fix the country, in the end it's we Nigerians that are the problem.

Ask an average man what he will do if he becomes the president and see why we are here.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Exceed15: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2023
I support them especially with the way Tinubu has brought more hardship.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by modernWays: 11:10am On Aug 31, 2023
Dozis:

Just look at the way you reason.
It was the collective treasury of the nation that was used to train everyone and not anybody's personal money. We are all partakers of whatever resources we find in the nation we were born into, please don't give me that crap.
The money belongs to all of us, so no special favour was done to anyone, that anybody was elected to be in custody of what we collective own doesn't make the person the owner, just a custodian.
Most of the politicians were also trained in Nigerian universities, so going by your reasoning, they should equally be earning peanuts because the country trained them.
We notice that of healthcare because it is a critical sector, what of non health care workers trained in Nigerian universities that have left too?
My parents trained me in university, maybe I should just go and be serving them instead of looking for a way to better my life.

It is collective money but not collective good to use the same skill giving to you by the same society to improve or help her? Why don't you compare the cost of training and cost of living of the countries they are running to before you start blaming the government of low pay? The last time I cheack, an average doctor earn more than any civil servant, and they are well above middle class. Patients are dying in numbers everyday in our various hospitals due to lack of skilled or adequate doctors but these heartless greedy few don't see their services as important to the society that subsidise their training? To answer your question, other sectors are not so critical to the society or received the same advantage giving to this sector. Government don't spend that much on them compare to medical departments. If you go to university, you will understand this. Anyone can chose or change profession anytime at will but can't be a medical doctor over the night.

Medical sector is very crucial to the society, you don't compare it to other sectors. That is why It never cheap to acquire this certificate anywhere in the world because they know the value attached to it. If Nigeria are to follow the same ethnic practice as it being done abroad, 98% of these doctors will never be one today. How many of them can afford to pay up to $38k or #34m per year as international student in UK and American universities. Even their nationals pays roughly around $9k or 8m per year. You can see why medical training are highly subsidise by government to enable us to have adequate doctors in our hospitals.

The reality is that, an average black man is too individualistic by nature, he lacks foresight, wicked, egocentric and greedy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Psady(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2023
Omenapounds:

It is well...

Drops Mic
Nd your mind tells u peter obi has it? Let me tell you something .
People like us who happened to be knowledgeable about the affairs of governance aren't playing that tribal card as u lot put it, but we seek competence and past records .U trying to shove a business orientated man down our throat , A big NO!
U Guys better rethink and amend the broken bridges and come up with a saleable candidate,if not the Nzogbu Nzogbu kind of politics u play will keep u all faraway from presidency .keep pretending and giving false hope on awaiting judgement of the judiciary come this September, like you not a Nigerian. Take or leave ,Power is a game that requires support even from your foe or enemy it's an added advantage to beat the odds .That birthed idea brought pres. Bola Tinubu to power.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Confirm4real(m): 11:14am On Aug 31, 2023
Agbo sellers go take place of Doctors soon in Nigeria incase you get malaria tongue

By then if you go hospital dem go prescribe Agbo cos no Doctor on ground...
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:21am On Aug 31, 2023
Omenapounds:

It is well...

Drops Mic

Despite all our fasting, prayers, night vigils, Prophecies and countless "above my dead body, God forbid", hmm..... all was/is in vain against Tinubu.

God still raised him high above all of us who hated this man. It's better to be on the side of who it is very clear God has graced and not who God has disgraced. Am fully BATIFIED. May God continue to bless you Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, may He continue to grant you wisdom, and grant all of us good health, long life and prosperity. God please continue to bless Nigeria with visionary leaders hence forth.

"Every once in a while, I think that history gives us one or two persons who are gifted transformative leaders. I believe that our country has been gifted with this transformative leader, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I believe very strongly that this man’s political trajectory has only just begun. He is a man who has tremendous giftings and God has great plans ahead for him". Prof Yemi Osibanjo Ex-Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by jamesversion: 11:27am On Aug 31, 2023
Dozis:

Why not go to the airport with your luggage and board any flight you like.

No, you wrote like one can just walk to the embassy and get free visa and then go to the airport, board an airplane and travel abroad.

That health personnel continue to work in Nigeria and earn meagre wages is due to their prevailing circumstances. Its no news that you health workes will hit it big abroad, but without the financial means, many will remain stuck in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Gerrard59(m): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2023
Where are Sukkot and his gangsters when you need them?! 🙄
Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by gforce5: 11:29am On Aug 31, 2023
Bros, don't waste your time arguing with these people. Nigerians are some of the most ignorant and deluded set of people in the planet. They always like making irrational/hasty comparisons between the standard of living in a developed country and a standard of living a third world country like Nigeria. The west is structured in a way that the middle class can have a COMFORTABLE standard of living while a third world country like Nigeria is structured in such a way that ONLY the rich and upper middle class can prosper.
Unperturbedpota:

Re: Nigerian Doctors Relocating To Sierra Leone, Gambia To Earn $4,000 Wages, CMDs by Fearyourcreator: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2023
eliyke:
Omo,we dey expect statistics of how Nigeria is d best country in d past 3months 4rm some people,and Dem go tell you say we are on d right track. cheesy grin grin
Dey go sierra lone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa / My Doctor Told Me That Am Infected With HIV Without Prior Notice Of The Test! / Man Electrocuted While Reconnecting Electricity In Abia (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.