Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) (73108 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement Live On Channels TV / Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) / Osun Election Tribunal Judgement: Osun State Govt Issues Press Release- Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by NothingDoMe: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2023
JuicyStar:
All issues would be thrown out as most of them are pre election matters. My only area of concern is the interpretation of the issue bothering on 25 percent in the FCT.
Yes. That has been the most interesting and long awaited bone of contention. I've really really been looking forward to this as it is the first time it is happening in over 20 years.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Betanaija42moro: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2023
lapintoz:
You be proper obi.idiot.

What is the population of the ipob states? What is the population of Nigeria? You think every Nigerian is a zombie like you people....

In your mind BAT got zero votes. He has no single supporter that can counter your hatred.

Mumu

Druggie keep quiet

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by emanobis(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
HoeBee AKA the lying machine.
We Nigerians dodged hollow-tip bullets by rejecting him at the polls.

I diss him with “Gra Gra” by Timaya.
Great jam!

Speak for yourself...not get Nigerians involved

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by linearity: 11:14am On Sep 06, 2023
Integrafamoo:

The same tribunal nullified election in Bayelsa due to qualification of deputy after election

Tribunal are not the final adjudicators and they can be wrong, you only make their decisions final if you don’t appeal.

The aggrieved party would have appealed and let the Supreme Court rule thereby affirming the understanding of that rule of law or invalidating it.

Also, all the verdicts been read today can and should be appealed, let’s allow the Supreme Court put their final stamp of approval or disapproval.
@talented321

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by JasonNOTStatham: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2023
joxxy01:
Oga why are you behaving ignorantly, you've been corrected and yet wont yield...America english my a#s
He is using more as a cover-up for his blunders, in other to seem like he blunder intentionally.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by pquaver(m): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2023
JuicyStar:
All issues would be thrown out as most of them are pre election matters. My only area of concern is the interpretation of the issue bothering on 25 percent in the FCT.

In the defense of judgment against president Tinubu qualification, the honourable justices quoted a section of a judgment on zamfara governor yari. If the law or constitution which ruled on the governor is used to defend the president case, then apply your sense.. Just a logical question.. Does a governor compulsorily have to score 25% in the state capital to become governor? What ever answer ur head gave you, apply it to the president.. Shikena shalom..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by cyrusmillz: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2023
The funniest category of people are the unemployed and people earning less than 100k monthly still supporting APC. What a pity it grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by haffaze777(m): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2023
emanobis:

Speak for yourself...not get Nigerians involved

Allow Nigerianz to tell him that after all you are a biafran

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Kukutenla: 11:17am On Sep 06, 2023
ejimatic:
They did not show their scored in those dtatesy.LP came with unsubstantiated cases that have no relevance to the results declared by INEC
I guess you're the judge to arrive at this conclusion
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Switruth: 11:17am On Sep 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
May we not labor in vain. 😁
stop acting like a child. You’re derailing this thread na Oga.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by optimusprime2(m): 11:18am On Sep 06, 2023
Multiple Nomination for APC has just beaten all the defenses of the petitioners with technical step overs...
Incredible combination by Multiple Nomination and Locus Standii.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Mitsurugi(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2023
pquaver:

In the defense of judgment against president Tinubu qualification, the honourable justices quoted a section of a judgment on zamfara governor yari. If the law or constitution which ruled on the governor is ised to defend the president case, then apply your sense.. Just a logical question.. Does a governor compulsorily have to score 25% on the state capital to become governor? What ever ur head gave you, apply it to the president.. Shikena shalom..

What did you just write? 😳

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2023
Parachoko:
Every Vote in Nigeria is Equal

None is greater than the other.

And yet Wike an appointee of Tinubu is carrying out the duties of an elected Governor in Abuja. Abuja residents has no right like Lagos residents to elect their Governor.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by muykem: 11:20am On Sep 06, 2023
Auxtan:

That's the nonsense the Justice is trying to say.
That's the law. why do you call it nonsense. What concern APC with PDP primary election!

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by GoodGovernance: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2023
adioolayi:
From all of these...if party do anyhow in the process of nomination...only candidates that partakes in such nomination can challenge the party..not another political party

Good summary.

However same candidate can be challenged by another party/candidate, if the former does not qualify to be elected to a particular position,based on the requirements of the constitution.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by vicdom(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2023
Why is this court looking into the meat of this double nominations case by the PDP, when it can easily strike it out since it brothers on Jurisdiction as cited in the case of APM?
cc: Fergie001 Garfield1

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Suspect33(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2023
Any attempt to protest after our president's election victory is validated will be met with great resistance. Tinubu is your president. Deal with it grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by adioolayi(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2023
GoodGovernance:

Good summary.

However same candidate can be challenged by another party/candidate, if the former does not qualify to be elected to a particular position,based on the requirements of the constitution.
Yes.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by talented321: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2023
If u said so, what about the case of bayelsa? Lyon and his deputy palava
linearity:

That would have also failed, he still would not have standing because the issue of nomination are internal party matters.

Only an APC member who is injured by the nomination have a standing to sue at the High Court and before the Election.

e.g. People like Amaechi, etc and all who felt cheated at the APC primaries.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by pquaver(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2023
Mitsurugi:

What did you just write? 😳

Dont tell me i quoted obi.. Du... nce? I dont believe so.. Overlook mistake cos i am typing from work.. Read and understand my message it is clear.. What applies to governor apllies to president..
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by garfield1: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2023
talented321:
If u said so, what about the case of bayelsa? Lyon and his deputy palava

The 2022 electoral act amended that law

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by cyrusmillz: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2023
Ustadah:

Dey play. So if they join you to abuse APC, President Tinubu and Nigeria in general they will suddenly be employed and their salaries upgraded to 500k

I don't understand you
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Suspect33(m): 11:24am On Sep 06, 2023
Lol, cursed country
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by fergie001: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2023
fergie001:

Tribunal strikes out APM's petition.
Justice Tsammani is delving into the merits of the case and taking it together with the preliminary objections.

This is made necessary as the PEPT is not the final Court.

Still on APM v. INEC, APC, Tinubu, Shettima & Masari.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by garfield1: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2023
vicdom:
Why is this court looking into the meat of this double nominations case by the PDP, when it can easily strike it out since it brothers on Jurisdiction as cited in the case of APM?
cc: Fergie001 Garfield1

Maybe they want to sustain it
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by JuicyStar: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2023
pquaver:

In the defense of judgment against president Tinubu qualification, the honourable justices quoted a section of a judgment on zamfara governor yari. If the law or constitution which ruled on the governor is ised to defend the president case, then apply your sense.. Just a logical question.. Does a governor compulsorily have to score 25% on the state capital to become governor? What ever ur head gave you, apply it to the president.. Shikena shalom..

I would have enjoyed engaging u in an intelligent discussion but u have shown to be a very rude individual. Secondly, if u are conversant with the constitution, u will know that the issue of 25 percent does not apply to states. Thirdly, my humble interpretation of the section dealing with the issue of 25 percent is that Abuja does not hold a special status and a candidate shouldn’t be disqualified on the ground that he did not score 25 percent. Like I said earlier, I am inquisitive to know how the court will interpret that section of the constitution.

Bye

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Odin13: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2023
rotadeco27:

You mentioned some points in your write up that need some Clarification!
You accused the Yorubas of being tribalistic,"hmmm" that is a joke taken too far by an Easterner!
Iam a full blooded Yoruba person , and tries to be non tribalistic in issues that concern dealing with fellow Nigerians, but to attack other tribe of what you are guilty of is not acceptable.
My family house happen to be a very big one in which members come during festive seasons for marriages, Christmas etc, from different part of the country and abroad. Because of the large number ,we usually recognize one another by where the nuclear family lives: you will be hearing " Baba Ghana( the man who lives in Ghana with his family) has arrived , baba Kaduna. Awon omo baba Jos( children of the man that lives in Jos). Wife of baba Bauchi ,Gombe ,zamfara, to as far as Maduguri, Benin, port etc . There were never any mention of such name like baba Enugu, onitsha Anambra etc. I once asked that question , the answer I got was what u accused Yoruba of -: hostilely tribalistic entity is the second identity of Igbo person esp where they are at their region. . Who even wants to live with people that have tendency to eat a fellow human beings!
Lets leave that and and go to employment issues: Federal character only applies to the north and the west, you can go and verify. Go to federal hospitals and ask for the name of the staff. I went to UDUTH , sokoto , I forgot momentarily that I was in the north by various languages flying in the air even conc. ijesha assent! Go to UCH Ibadan, u will see alots of northerner, easterners and of course the children of the soil. Kindly go to the easter part and see who is tribalistic! Even in my father complex in Ilorin we have not less than 4 Igbo tenants doing well in their businesses . My brother was once taking goods to Aba, he was set up and dupped of his hard earned money running into several millions of Naira.
You guys are too hostile and can never be trusted.
You made mention of the coup! Hope u are aware that the foundation of the " mistrust" in the amalgamation called Nigeria was perpetuated by one Kaduna Nzeogu( Iam not sure if the spelling is correct) an igbo man during which Sadauna and his pregnant wife were murdered as well as Akintola a prominent Yoruba politician from Oyo state.( The Fulani has not forgiven you for that till now and will always kill your people at any opportunity in revenge)
Irosi who became president post the coup refused to execute the criminals but instead transfered them to a safe facility in the east ( who was tibalistic)
You guys have a lots to do politically and in terms of relationship with other ethnic groups else you will be 4th political citizen as long as Nigeria exists.( You need to remove the log of wood in you eyes before attempting removing a strand of wool in others eye).

All this your gibberish..

Go stand for kawo kaduna during crises and tell those Hausa boys you be Yoruba man

Enter Baruch central during crisis and tell those Fulani fanatics you be Yoruba man

Go Kano central mosque during crises and tell those fanatics you be Yoruba Muslim.. and still can’t recite their creed

You see say you’re empty with trash

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by talented321: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2023
Auxtan:

That's the nonsense the Justice is trying to say.
But pdp won apc in bayelsa because of the same occurrence..
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by garfield1: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2023
fergie001:

Justice Tsammani is delving into the merits of the case and taking together with the preliminary objections.

This is made necessary as the PEPT is not the final Court.

Out of the 5 prayers,how many is left
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2023
denzel231:
which country
Canada
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Parachoko: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2023
wisdomguy4u:

And yet Wike an appointee of Tinubu is carrying out the duties of an elected Governor in Abuja. Abuja residents has no right like Lagos residents to elect their Governor.
What's your Point exactly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply)

Shehu Sani: "Dino Melaye On Drip & Not On Handcuffs, His Neck Bandaged" / Precious Chikwendu And Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday / Dino Melaye Buys His Special Assistant A 1992 Honda Accord Car (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.