Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) (73151 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement Live On Channels TV / Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) / Osun Election Tribunal Judgement: Osun State Govt Issues Press Release- Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by linearity: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2023
kokoA:
I think the tribunal is right on this. It is a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION tribunal so it's concern is what happened during the election not matters before or after election. Obi made a grave mistake there, he ought to have challenged Tinubu's qualifications before the election.

That would have also failed, he still would not have standing because the issue of nomination are internal party matters.

Only an APC member who is injured by the nomination have a standing to sue at the High Court and before the Election.

e.g. People like Amaechi, etc and all who felt cheated at the APC primaries.

This will truly allow novel political strategists to enter into future Nigeria Elections. I foresee Political parties in the near future planting people in other parties and have them take memberships in that opposing party legally and sponsoring them to buy nomination forms in the opposing party just to preserve their rights to sue and knock the opposing party nominee down after the nominations.

Yes, this is dirty but you cannot win elections even in the glorified western countries without fighting dirty. In the US as immoral as it is, opposition have started even using deep fake videos to campaign.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Auxtan(m): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2023
NFBI:
Nonsense country.. make oluwa bless me make i japa abeg
Na only the sure thing.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by denzel231: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2023
Parachoko:
The Pandora Fraud from Agulu will Never become the President Of Nigeria.

Never
Pandora is made for life.. worry about your life if you have one bigot

10 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by arcis: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2023
NFBI:
Nonsense country.. make oluwa bless me make i japa abeg

sorry, you funny die, you think say Obi go win ni?

let him wait till 2090

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Parachoko: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
DMerciful:
It means Obi can never be disqualified
Yes, just the way Tinubu can never be Disqualified.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Auxtan(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
adioolayi:
From all of these...if party do anyhow in the process of nomination...only candidates that partakes in such nomination can challenge the party..not another political party
That's the nonsense the Justice is trying to say.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by denzel231: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
XY23:

That's the point. It's not about what we wish, but what is right by law. Life will go on after today, but confidence in our constitution must not be eroded. Whether rerun or not, we want to see how far they're willing to go. I wouldn't even vote PO if there were rerun, the same institutions will sabotage him.
there's no hope in 9ja.. that country is gone

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by pquaver(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
25%in the sand. The judge even sited the zamfara governorship case as why president cannot be disqualified. When we told obidients the the same law applies for governor applies for president, the loud illiterate argue.. If a governor must not score 25% in state capital to become governor, president must not score 25% in fct.. Watch out for that part.. I just extrapolated from his reading, if what applies to governor was used to back presidency, definitely the same law will see it so in 25%..

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by garfield1: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

But same you were jubilating when LP members were ousted by the tribunal on the same basis of preelection matter. The way you rant on every threads about the knowledge of the issues, one would have thought the judgement will go the way you always say it. This is more of technicality than dwelling on the case. You have not for once said they are preelection matters, instead you are even dancing skelewu for removing LP members for the same issues.

Me jubilate? Never.ive always maintained that it is a pre election matter.check the threads

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by mymadam(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
Viking07:
6:03am over here and I’m tensed. πŸ˜…
Calm down bro'. It's gonna be just fine.. las, las 😜
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by LilX: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
arcis:
Summary of the judgment...

TINUBU is duly elected and won the election..

ATIKU AND OBI, should come back in 2090.....

Period..

Congratulations TINUBU and Nigerians....

Congratulate yourself and don't put Nigerians
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by denzel231: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2023
Viking07:
6:03am over here and I’m tensed. πŸ˜…
which country
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by fergie001: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2023
fergie001:

As I have said earlier, the tribunal's power to determine whether a person is qualified or unqualified is restricted to S134 and S182 of the CFRN - Tsammani JCA
Tribunal strikes out APM's petition.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Parachoko: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2023
DMerciful:
You wish...minimum is rerun
There will be no Rerun

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by lapintoz: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2023
You be proper obi.idiot.

What is the population of the ipob states? What is the population of Nigeria? You think every Nigerian is a zombie like you people....

In your mind BAT got zero votes. He has no single supporter that can counter your hatred.

Mumu

donjazzet:
I hope nigerians are aware that many of the pro-tinubu accounts here are paid agents and not casual users like you and I?

These people are a coordinated propaganda group paid to try and shape and manipulate public opinions.
Look at the "likes" on their posts, you see how it majorly corresponds with the likes on the "pro obi" posts. If on any topic, a pro obi commenter makes a post and it gets 20 likes, you see that the pro-apc posts will get that very same range. 15-25 likes.
Please more people should speak up about this seeing as Seun is not tackling this adequately.

Don't let yourself be manipulated.

10 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Jorussia(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2023
Auxtan:

That's the nonsense the Justice is trying to say.
that's what the electoral act says.Judges rule by law and by emotions.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by garfield1: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2023
kokoA:
I think the tribunal is right on this. It is a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION tribunal so it's concern is what happened during the election not matters before or after election. Obi made a grave mistake there, he ought to have challenged Tinubu's qualifications before the election.

Even in pre election,only party embers have locus

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by stewiepeter: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2023
This idiot we are talking on serious issues, you’re trying to scam people mumu.
Kate67r:
Hdhd6
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Integrafamoo: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2023
linearity:

That would have also failed, he still would not have standing because the issue of nomination are internal party matters.

Only an APC member who is injured by the nomination have a standing to sue at the High Court and before the Election.

e.g. People like Amaechi, etc and all who felt cheated at the APC primaries.
The same tribunal nullified election in Bayelsa due to qualification of deputy after election

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Larryizi(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2023
Hmmmm
Na wao
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Parachoko: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2023
denzel231:
Pandora is made for life.. worry about your life if you have one bigot
My Comment Pain these πŸ–

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by ejimatic: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Kukutenla:

Yeah. But that's not the bone of contention with that guy. The argument is whether Obi's team showed that they won in Benue and Rivers which they did.
They did not show their scored in those cases .LP came with unsubstantiated cases that have no relevance to the results declared by INEC

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by ikoroduarea: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you sure you're following this judgment?

No, i'm following your destiny cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by agabusta: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

But same you were jubilating when LP members were ousted by the tribunal on the same basis of preelection matter. The way you rant on every threads about the knowledge of the issues, one would have thought the judgement will go the way you always say it. This is more of technicality than dwelling on the case. You have not for once said they are preelection matters, instead you are even dancing skelewu for removing LP members for the same issues.

They'll be returned on appeal
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by rotadeco27: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
Odin13:
grin

Whatever happens today won’t be the end of Nigeria..

Politics is all about interest.. .. would be a plus.. to me if druggie is reconfirmed..

Might not be overall interest of the country or best.. but for my pocket and family right now ..

Atiku remains a Boss with clear prospect of tackling Nigeria situations.. having been there .. he knows exactly what we need as a country and how to get Nigeria out of it ..
yes he has done it before with his Boss OBJ.. coming from military regime to steadying democracy and building Nigeria economy..I remain loyal to my party and my boss

Obi.. hmmm … if not for Yoruba sentiments of abusing the whole Igbo tribe .. as their useless propaganda of making it look like an ethnic cry..
Knowing well how he won

Benin
Rivers
Nassarawa
Jos
Lagos

All this outside igboland … when Yoruba media has decided to tribalise the election.. because of their tribal nature ..

The problem of nigeria is Yoruba and they will be the first to shout ..

If anything go south as it was in 66’

Is always the tribe that brings tribalism and hatred into everything ..

66” the brought media propaganda into the policy that saw a counter coup..5

This is something their press has hidden for years ..

Whatever ..

God bless Nigerians
God bless Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬
You mentioned some points in your write up that need some Clarification!
You accused the Yorubas of being tribalistic,"hmmm" that is a joke taken too far by an Easterner!
Iam a full blooded Yoruba person , and tries to be non tribalistic in issues that concern dealing with fellow Nigerians, but to attack other tribe of what you are guilty of is not acceptable.
My family house happen to be a very big one in which members come during festive seasons for marriages, Christmas etc, from different part of the country and abroad. Because of the large number ,we usually recognize one another by where the nuclear family lives: you will be hearing " Baba Ghana( the man who lives in Ghana with his family) has arrived , baba Kaduna. Awon omo baba Jos( children of the man that lives in Jos). Wife of baba Bauchi ,Gombe ,zamfara, to as far as Maduguri, Benin, port etc . There were never any mention of such name like baba Enugu, onitsha Anambra etc. I once asked that question , the answer I got was what u accused Yoruba of -: hostilely tribalistic entity is the second identity of Igbo person esp where they are at their region. . Who even wants to live with people that have tendency to eat a fellow human beings!
Lets leave that and and go to employment issues: Federal character only applies to the north and the west, you can go and verify. Go to federal hospitals and ask for the name of the staff. I went to UDUTH , sokoto , I forgot momentarily that I was in the north by various languages flying in the air even conc. ijesha assent! Go to UCH Ibadan, u will see alots of northerner, easterners and of course the children of the soil. Kindly go to the easter part and see who is tribalistic! Even in my father complex in Ilorin we have not less than 4 Igbo tenants doing well in their businesses . My brother was once taking goods to Aba, he was set up and dupped of his hard earned money running into several millions of Naira.
You guys are too hostile and can never be trusted.
You made mention of the coup! Hope u are aware that the foundation of the " mistrust" in the amalgamation called Nigeria was perpetuated by one Kaduna Nzeogu( Iam not sure if the spelling is correct) an igbo man during which Sadauna and his pregnant wife were murdered as well as Akintola a prominent Yoruba politician from Oyo state.( The Fulani has not forgiven you for that till now and will always kill your people at any opportunity in revenge)
Irosi who became president post the coup refused to execute the criminals but instead transfered them to a safe facility in the east ( who was tibalistic)
You guys have a lots to do politically and in terms of relationship with other ethnic groups else you will be 4th political citizen as long as Nigeria exists.( You need to remove the log of wood in you eyes before attempting removing a strand of wool in others eye).

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by optimusprime2(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
APC dribbling past the APM defense with deft technical speed...

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Parachoko: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
JuicyStar:
All issues would be thrown out as most of them are pre election matters. My only area of concern is the interpretation of the issue bothering on 25 percent in the FCT.
Every Vote in Nigeria is Equal

None is greater than the other.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by pquaver(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

If truely it is then it can be upturned at the higher court..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by Betanaija42moro: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2023
Parachoko:
The Pandora Fraud from Agulu will Never become the President Of Nigeria.

Never
And Nigeria will never progress in the hands of drug, corrupt politicians
Re: 2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) by sakam(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2023
Dear Nairalanders, kindly contact me for Financial Consultancy, Cash flow Projections, Internal Control Models, etc.
Thanks. 0802 350 4200

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply)

Appeal-Court Sacks Ikpeazu, Declares Otti Winner / 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Invited For Trump's Inauguration, Buhari Not Invited -Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.