Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (8153 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
So far, north and northerners need development and education more than anything else. I honestly think these 2 things are the only missing puzzles for this group of people to be come unstoppable in Nigeria.
Once these missing puzzles come together the Yoruba and Igbo can just forget it.

Development can easily be attained with money, good leadership and dedication
Education can also be attained with endurance, patience and dedication.
But HONESTY and INTEGRITY are priceless, You can not learn or buy these 2 factors.

I also think these 2 factors are very common among northerners more than any other tribe in Nigeria. Therefore, if the missing puzzles are attained and combined with honesty and integrity, sky will immediately become the limit for the northerners in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

Yorubas and Igbos, watch out!
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by ikeyman00(m): 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^^^^

u are quite a s tupid man!!

who like seeing aboki kneeling on his knee to pee and walking around with kettle on his hand.

do us favour man; get rid of those vampire living among u f oool!!

So far, north and northerners need development and education more than anything else. I honestly think these 2 things are the only missing puzzles for this group of people to be come unstoppable in Nigeria.
Once these missing puzzles come together the Yoruba and Igbo can just forget it.

Development can easily be attained with money, good leadership and dedication
Education can also be attained with endurance, patience and dedication.
But HONESTY and INTEGRITY are priceless, You can not learn or buy these 2 factors.

I also think these 2 factors are very common among northerners more than any other tribe in Nigeria. Therefore, if the missing puzzles are attained and combined with honesty and integrity, sky will immediately become the limit for the northerners in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

Yorubas and Igbos, watch out!

1 Like

Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by SouthEast1: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2011
Okay! We can play and joke around about tribal things here.
But a time comes when jokes and taunts are put aside

I do not understand how anyone can seriously claim that hausas/fulani have HONESTY and INTEGRITY as their tribal hallmarks and other tribes do not
I thought honesty is a personal thing?

We have seen our leaders from the North, we can say how honest they have been

To me, the fact that many northern leaders tried to torpedo the constitution and not say the true state of health of former president Yaradua in order to retain power is enough mark of dishonesty and lack of integrity

The same people have shown that they are as corrupt as other Nigerian leaders

I think tribalism is blinding many Nigerians
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2011
Look, Yorubas will be happy to finance your education.

We're tired of losing our population to you ppl. . . . Boko harams, herdsmen, na u get am.

It's about time to stop.

We support an educated North. May God bless us all.

An educated North is for the better of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2011
South-East:

I think tribalism is blinding many Nigerians

Is that right? been diagnosed recently?
Congrats, what will we wash it with? Vodka?
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2011
Sorry guys. I did not mean to step on any toes.
As an outsider, this is my honest assessment and prediction.

Hausa prefer to interact with one another and also have mutual respect for each other , much more than Yoruba vs Yoruba or Igbo vs Igbo. I think it is clear that a natural foundation of greatness among this group of people already exist. Therefore, all that are missing are development and education; which I believe can be established in a very short period of time.
An educated and developed north may be too powerful in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

Next time you travel out of the country, please try to strike a business deal with a foreigner as an Hausa man and then as Igbo or Yoruba man. Please record your experience.

Hausa will do much better and will be greater in Nigeria with education and development.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2011
Like we said, we will finance your education. If yorubas and Igbos must work together on one thing, educating the north has to be it.

Trust me, NOBODY is against it.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by SouthEast1: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2011
Depilot:

Sorry guys. I did not mean to step on any toes.
As an outsider, this is my honest assessment and prediction.

Hausa prefer to interact with one another and also have mutual respect for each other , much more than Yoruba vs Yoruba or Igbo vs Igbo. I think it is clear that a natural foundation of greatness among this group of people already exist. Therefore, all that are missing are development and education; which I believe can be established in a very short period of time.
An educated and developed north may be too powerful in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

Next time you travel out of the country, please try to strike a business deal with a foreigner as an Hausa man and then as Igbo or Yoruba man. Please record your experience.

Hausa will do much better and will be greater in Nigeria with education and development.

How has the educated northerner perfomed in matters of honesty and integrity compared to those of Yoruba and Igbo?
Surely not every hausa/fulani is uneducated
All the northern rulers (at the fed and state levels) have been educated. What difference have they made compared to Igbo and Yoruba (and other ethnic) leaders?
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2011
There is a big difference when a whole village is educated from 4 of 5 people are the only educated individuals in the village.
Education and development will open the eyes of northerners, and once this takes place the leadership style of their leaders will also change. And many other great things will follow.
A great example was when the capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja. What did you Yorubas and Igbos do? Nothing. I wonder why?

Believe me, an educated and developed North will be overwhelming and may be too powerful in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

Just watch.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by igbo2011(m): 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
Educated people will help Nigeria because we will be able to not do boko haram type of stuff. Also an enabling environment will help as well. Nigeria can be a great country. I am sick of potential, I want PROGRESS!!
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
It only makes sense to move it to the center of NIgeria for Nigeria unity.

Duh.

Esp when each side of the country was crying marginalization.

And that QUESTION should be directed at yorubas, igbos have nothing to do with it.

And how did moving the capital to Abuja increased the number of educated Northerners? You just simply made abuja your number 2 begging zone.

Dude, it looks like you're spoiling for a fight. We said that we will finance your education.

wOW, 2015 Igbo presidency is beginning to look good. Everybody is just against everybody.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2011
Mentally: they are stronger
Contentment: they are ok
Honesty: they are stronger than any other tribe in Nigeria
Reliability: they are stronger
Migration: they prefer to stay in Nigeria.
Leadership: they are also stronger
But
Education and development: they are severely lacking esteem in these areas.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^^ You're begging us to finance an educated north and you still have the vag/ina to post that?
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by SouthEast1: 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
Depilot:

Mentally: they are stronger
Contentment: they are ok
Honesty: they are stronger than any other tribe in Nigeria
Reliable: they are stronger
Migration: they prefer to stay in Nigeria.
Leadership: they are also stronger
But
Education and development: they are severely lacking esteem in these areas.

You still have not answered the question. How has northern rulers, all of whom have been educated, differentiated themselves from southern rulers?
Note that the North have ruled this country far more than the south. Please answer the question.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2011
Please understand that I am not a Nigerian by blood or birth (even though, I have a Nigerian passport).
What I have displayed is based on my experience and what is going on in Nigeria among Nigerians and what is also going on outside Nigeria.

I have no reason to be unfair.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
You still have not answered the question. How has northern rulers, all of whom have been educated, differentiated themselves from southern rulers?
I've answered your question. See below:
There is a big difference when a whole village is educated from when 4 of 5 people are the only educated individuals in the village.
Education and development will open the eyes of northerners, and once this takes place the leadership style of their leaders will also change. And many other great things will follow.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by SouthEast1: 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
Depilot:

Please understand that I am not a Nigerian by blood or birth (even though, I have a Nigerian passport).
What I have displayed is based on my experience and what is going on in Nigeria among Nigerians and what is also going on outside Nigeria.

The you are commenting on what you have no clue about. Answer the question.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by SouthEast1: 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
Depilot:

I've answered your question. See below:
There is a big difference when a whole village is educated from when 4 of 5 people are the only educated individuals in the village.

How honest and how much integrity have northern leaders being/shown in their piloting of the national affairs and even to their own people? You do not need education to be honest.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
@South-East: I can assure you that you do not know as much I know about Nigeria or Nigerians, world wide. Guarantee.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
Depilot:

Dont you just hate it when foreigners come to dictate to you what Nigeria is all about?

So then, how exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Dont worry, we have ppl pretending to be what they're not. We'll soon find out if you're Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa person pretending to be an outsider.

Seriously, I'm calculating how my "Psychology" business will run well in Naija.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by SouthEast1: 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
Depilot:

@South-East: I can assure you that you do not know as much I know about Nigeria or Nigerians, world wide. Guarantee.

Your post and answer say the opposite
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 11:12pm On Oct 16, 2011
How honest and how much integrity have northern leaders being/shown in their piloting of the national affairs and even to their own people? You do not need education to be honest.

The is not only about the leaders from North, let us concentrate more on developed north and educated northerners.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2011
I am fortunate enough to have a profession that carries me all around the world and gives me opportunity to interact with people from different countries, especially in Africa. I know what I'm talking about when I stated that Development and Education will make Northerners in Nigeria the most powerful and unstoppable tribe.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by PointB: 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
I have always said that educating the north is a national security matter. It will eradicate boko haram, polio, and also reduce poverty.
That said I believe that the idea that an average educated northerner has more integrity and honesty than his southern counterpart is illusory and has no empirical basis. If it were so, these so called men of honesty and integrity would have sold the  idea of education to their people. However for all intent and purpose, the reverse is clearly the case.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:08am On Oct 17, 2011
How you come take Igbo join for this matter ?

A people that have had their elite in power for nigh on 35 years (and with the benefit of policies like: educationally disadvantaged areas; catchment areas in University admissions; quota system; and all the other shenanigans that would have been going on beneath the 'radar' shocked), and yet still haven't caught up with the rest of the country educationally? Have they suddenly had some sort of epihany, that would make you think things are about to change now? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

Personally, there's few things that would please me more than if the North caught up with the rest of the country educationally. But like i said, you'd have to make them have the desire first.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by naijaking1: 12:26am On Oct 17, 2011
@Op
Please change the title to: A developed and educated north is the last thing educated and privilaged northerners want.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 12:42am On Oct 17, 2011
You're missing my point. I did not say that northern leaders are better or all northerners are honest or perfect.
This is my statement: I also think these 2 factors (honesty and integrity) are very common among northerners more than any other tribe in Nigeria.
I do not care if you're an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, this statement is simply the fact.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by PointB: 12:48am On Oct 17, 2011
^^^
of course it's a fact because u said it. You infallible genius.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by PointB: 12:50am On Oct 17, 2011
^^^
of course it's a fact because u said it. You infallible genius.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by ektbear: 12:52am On Oct 17, 2011
Why is this the last thing we want?

What is your argument for why the status quo is to our benefit?

Anyway, whether it is something we want or not, we have no control over it. If a man chooses not to develop his state, region and people, he has no one to blame but himself.
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by Depilot(m): 12:57am On Oct 17, 2011
An educated and developed north doesn't mean northerners will be better, but for sure they will be stronger and may be unstoppable.
This topic was not meant to identify which tribe is better in Nigeria, but was simply started to present facts, what is going on and what will eventually happen.
I have no reason to be unfair
For example, Kaduna is an ok state in terms of development and upcoming growth opportunity for technology and manufacturing jobs. Could you imagine how much more resource that could be generated annually in Kaduna state if a good percentage of northerners were educated?
Re: A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want by ektbear: 1:02am On Oct 17, 2011
What does "unstoppable" mean? Relative to who? Define some of these terms you are using.

Anyway, this stuff isn't a zero-sum game. If they were educated and developed, I'd be less interested in seeing the country split apart. There are benefits to having wealthy neighbors. Certainly better to have a developed and educated northern neighbor than the currently poor and backwards one, imo.

All of this is just hypothetical talk, likelihood of them getting developed and educated unless something dramatically changes is pretty close to nil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? / Radio Biafra International Broadcasts From America / What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.