Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? (8142 Views)

Only Slave Traders And Thieves Are Against Biafra Referendum- FFK / Nnamdi Kanu Is Sturbbon And British Bastard! / Biafrans Reacts to Petition Against Buhari And British-nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
The whole world is crying and wailing today about the atrocities of ISIS.

They invade peoples lands, force them into a new way of life and if they refuse, they are killed.
Some are sold as slaves.

Finally, they give you a new nation.

Rewind to a century ago, the brutish British slave traders

invaded our lands, forced us into a new way of life
Those who resisted were killed.
Some were sold as slaves.

Finally, they gave us a new nation.

If we dear to denounce ISIS.
They we must deny the brutish British and their slavery.

If Luggard and his gang of criminals are honoured, then the head of the ISIS also deserves some honour.
After all, the Islamic terrorists who invaded Northern Nigeria and Subdued her, is still honoured till today.

Those of us who dare to question the status quo are called names.

If the ISIS people succeed, in few years, they will become heroes.

That is the tragedy of humanity.

Gideon Orka attempted a coup and failed, today he is a villian,
Buhari attempted a coup and succeeded, today he is a hero.

Shame on Africans.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Omololu007(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
Am I the first to comment
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Junior66(m): 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
were u forced to accept the british religion and way of life?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by resty4(m): 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
Isis r islamic jahadists monsters wh british r civilized conquerors dat stopped slave trade.
Rmba William Wilberforce,Thomas Clerkson etc n british parliamentary laws dat prohibits slavery?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Junior66:

I was flogged silly to speak their language.
I was chided for eating my dear "fufu" with hands, instead, i should use knife and fork.
Our drugs were called "traditional" and programmed to accept theirs only.

Then I was forced to into a nation created by them.

Dont tell me you dont know all these things.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
resty4:
Isis r islamic jahadists monsters wh british r civilized conquerors dat stopped slave trade.
Rmba William Wilberforce,Thomas Clerkson etc n british parliamentary laws dat prohibits slavery?

There are Moslems who oppose ISIS,
So there were British people who opposed slave trading.

However, it was already late.

Rather than take our people and sell them into slavery,
they now enslaved us in our own land.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Junior66(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

I was chided for eating my dear "fufu" with hands, instead, i should use knife and fork.

Agreed. You were forced by who? The British or your parents and sibblings. In the islamic state you would be killed by your so-called "colonial masters! But the whitemen woudn't kill you for those minor offences. By the way, why are you comparing a theocracy with the direct and indirect rule practised by our colonial masters? Were u forced to accept the whiteman's religion too?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
Junior66:

Agreed. You were forced by who? The British or your parents and sibblings. In the islamic state you would be killed by your so-called "colonial masters! But the whitemen woudn't kill you for those minor offences. By the way, why are you comparing a theocracy with the direct and indirect rule practised by our colonial masters? Were u forced to accept the whiteman's religion too?

Read the history again.
There were wars, our people were killed.

I was flogged in school until I learnt the language.

The comparison bothers on the fact that both are foreign, both are forceful.

Finally, they give subdued people new identities and and new nations.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Observant: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
Beautiful analogy.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
The British government fought to stop slave trade being
Carried out by European traders
Your example is wrong

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Junior66(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Read the history again. There were wars, our people were killed.
the whitemen didnt force you! simple. in the IS you will even be killed.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
The British government fought to stop slave trade being
Carried out by European traders
Your example is wrong

I did not accuse the British government,
I accused the British Slave Traders.

After all, there are Islamic Governments fighting ISIS.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Junior66:

the whitemen didnt force you! simple. in the IS you will even be killed.

The White man forced his way into our domain.
It was called colonialism
They used force to annex our lands.

Our people who resisted were killed.
Young men and women were captured and auctioned into slavery.

I think you are very ignorant.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

I did not accuse the British government,
I accused the British Slave Traders.

After all, there are Islamic Governments fighting ISIS.
You did accuse the British government indirectly.
noblezone:

noblezone:

Read the history again.
There were wars, our people were killed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

You did accuse the British government indirectly.

Come to think of it, they were involved both indirectly and directly.
Luggards activities in our lands was sanctioned by the British government.

The so called (mis) amalgamation was sanctioned by them.

From then till now, blood is still flowing here.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Come to think of it, they were involved both indirectly and directly.
Luggards activities in our lands was sanctioned by the British government.

The so called (mis) amalgamation was sanctioned by them.

From then till now, blood is still flowing here.

Africa was shared by the Europeans not the british
Hope you agree your initial post was wrong

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Africa was shared by the Europeans not the british
Hope you agree your initial post was wrong

No. you are the one wrong.

It was the British that invaded my own lands.
So I am holding them responsible.

By the way, are the British not part and parcel of Europe?
What exactly are you talking about?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

They invade peoples lands, force them into a new way of life and if they refuse, they are killed.
Some are sold as slaves.

If Luggard and his gang of criminals are honoured, then the head of the ISIS also deserves some honour.
After all, the Islamic terrorists who invaded Northern Nigeria and Subdued her, is still honoured till today.

Shame on Africans.
Its all quest for power and religion is one of the best tools followed democracy
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
Junior66:

see question
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Obiagelli:

Its all quest for power and religion is one of the best tools followed democracy

My sis, long time.

Then we have the right for own quest for power.
Power not to enslave and ruin others but power to take our destiny into our hands.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
Obiagelli:

see question

I chose my religion when I was 22, I was matured enough to.
I questioned the religion I inherited and made a choice.

Now, I am questioning the nation and the education I inherited.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

No. you are the one wrong.

It was the British that invaded my own lands.
So I am holding them responsible.

By the way, are the British not part and parcel of Europe?
What exactly are you talking about?

I know you are just trying to keep this thread alive.
Without European influence we might have been better off or not.
Going by the recent behavior of most people, I am sure plantain leaf would have been Calvin Klein.
I know you are coming from a biabia perspective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

My sis, long time.

Then we have the right for own quest for power.
Power not to enslave and ruin others but power to take our destiny into our hands.
Words of wisdom
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I know you are just trying to keep this thread alive.
Without European influence we might have been better off or not.
Going by the recent behavior of most people, I am sure plantain leaf would have been Calvin Klein.
I know you are coming from a biabia perspective

Whether the thread is alive or not is not my concern,
I have put out my thoughts for all to see.

Some will hate it while some will love it.

With the European influence how we better off?

We are selling off our natural resources to buy food from them.
We sue the remainder to buy arms from them a=just to kill fellow Africans.

We study Agriculture but cant produce our own food,
yet our fathers produced their own food without "studying agriculture".

Yes, I am proudly coming from the Bia perspective.
Our Maker knows that the day we breath the air freedom is the day we shall take our destinies into our hands.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Junior66(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

The White man forced his way into our domain. It was called colonialism They used force to annex our lands.
Our people who resisted were killed. Young men and women were captured and auctioned into slavery.
I think you are very ignorant.
throw away ur phone if their way of life was forced on u. mtcheeew
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
Junior66:

throw away ur phone if their way of life was forced on u. mtcheeew

Nobody forced me to buy the phone.
Get the difference.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Whether the thread is alive or not is not my concern,
I have put out my thoughts for all to see.

Some will hate it while some will love it.

With the European influence how we better off?

We are selling off our natural resources to buy food from them.
We sue the remainder to buy arms from them a=just to kill fellow Africans.

We study Agriculture but cant produce our own food,
yet our fathers produced their own food without "studying agriculture".

Yes, I am proudly coming from the Bia perspective.
Our Maker knows that the day we breath the air freedom is the day we shall take our destinies into our hands.

Unfortunately our problems are hydra headed, I like having discourses with people, unfortunately most people you inclusive are too emotional.
We have a long way to go but the first step is mental reorientation
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Unfortunately our problems are hydra headed, I like having discourses with people, unfortunately most people you inclusive are too emotional.
We have a long way to go but the first step is mental reorientation

I think you are the one being emotional here.
I raised some points, why not address them and perhaps raise your own points?

I am willing and ever ready to discuss.
I am sure you can see that in the effort I am making to respond to you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by AgentOfAllah: 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Some are sold as slaves.

Dear Noblezone, you have highlighted snippets of the atrocities that accompany territorial incursions. The real tragedy though, which you have failed to recognise, is that there is in every surviving ethnic group - including the ones to which you and I belong - a damning indictment of the crimes of our forebearers, and we all carry with us, the shame of the atrocities that accompany the many conquers and colonisations that ensured our very existence as an ethnic group.

This has always been the way culture and civilisation spread throughout time and space. It may be inconvenient for you to hear this, but it is a truism, no less: The only difference between the British and any given African tribe is that the British were the first to develop sophisticated weaponry. War and inter-ethnic squabbles have always been one of the most effective ways humanity advanced a cause. It is only recently; less than a century, that we've started to negotiate our differences through the adoption of universal contracts such as the declaration of human rights, in an attempt to avoid the devastating consequences of war.

Shame on Africans.

The reason the paradox you highlighted in you last two lines exists is because the victor always writes history, so you're apt to observe that the promoters of ISIS' ideas will become heroes should their ideology prevail.

I don't know about you, but I hope that doesn't happen in my lifetime.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by mallamseifaldin(m): 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Usman Dan fodio never killed or force anybody to accept Islam....
His way of modest way of life compelled people to accept Islam.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

I think you are the one being emotional here.
I raised some points, why not address them and perhaps raise your own points?

I am willing and ever ready to discuss.
I am sure you can see that in the effort I am making to respond to you.

Thanks for putting in the effort to respond to me its a honor wink
Am not talking about this topic am talking about most of your older post, there is a reason there is a name, nkiruka/ihunka
As for the points, colonization/almagation is history, how do we better ourselves now.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Dear Noblezone, you have highlighted snippets of the atrocities that accompany territorial incursions. The real tragedy though, which you have failed to recognise, is that there is in every surviving ethnic group - including the ones to which you and I belong - a damning indictment of the crimes of our forebearers, and we all carry with us, the shame of the atrocities that accompany the many conquers and colonisations that ensured our very existence as an ethnic group.

This has always been the way culture and civilisation spread throughout time and space. It may be inconvenient for you to hear this, but it is a truism, no less: The only difference between the British and any given African tribe is that the British were the first to develop sophisticated weaponry. War and inter-ethnic squabbles have always been one of the most effective ways humanity advanced a cause. It is only recently; less than a century, that we've started to negotiate our differences through the adoption of universal contracts such as the declaration of human rights, in an attempt to avoid the devastating consequences of war.

I understand and I also agree with you totally.
However, dating the history to when the invaders came to our lands, they met a people living in peace.
They were not annexing other peoples lands.

Our people had made guns before the coming of the slave masters, but those weapons were for hunting and not for enslaving others.

AgentOfAllah:

The reason the paradox you highlighted in you last two lines exists is because the victor always writes history, so you're apt to observe that the promoters of ISIS' ideas will become heroes should their ideology prevail.

I don't know about you, but I hope that doesn't happen in my lifetime.

You are exciting me here.
The bolded is epic.

That was why in primary school, they taught us about Luggard, Mongo Park and Usman Dan Fodio, but nobody mentioned Eze Nri, our progenitor.

Honestly, I am taking a look at our history,
They talk about who invented gun, but we have our won inventor of gun.
We ere never thought that.

Part of taking our destiny into our hands, is to write our own history.

There is much work to be to done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Inaugurates Arepo Journalists Estate Road Reconstruction / Anambra Govt Accuses Newspaper Vendors Of Blackmail / Justice Kayode Eso Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.