Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold (12451 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2023
Chochovini:
. So you are not even a Christian yet you have the timerity to delve into Christian topic? And as if that was not enough, you went ahead to start interrogating me when under normal circumstance, you are not surposed to. You know what? Bleep out of my mentions this minute.
Again.. Why does any of that matter as far as the decision you ought to make for yourself given what you now know? undecided

No be your Christian pastors and mogs dey scam all of una left and right even going as far as speaking of fake tongues? Now that you know, you think attacking me for asking a straight forward question will make the facts you realize go away? undecided

I hope you don't for one minute believe you can spite me by allowing the raping of your mind continue at the hands of these obvious scammers. undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Excellentmind: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2023
ebubeson:
We have several verses of the scriptures on speaking in tongues 1 Corinthians 14:2 is one on them.

Today, we have problem in various churches concerning speaking in tongues, and the issue of speaking in tongues have been abused by so many people.

What are the abuses of speaking in tongues.

(1) Speaking in tongues after committing sin. Someone may just come from prostitution, do adultery or fornication, and then may go into blasting in tongues when he or she goes to church.

(2) Speaking in tongues during repentance prayer. It is wrong to speak in tongues during prayer for repentance. If your pastor leads a prayer of repentance to the congregation, it is not right to speak in tongues, but to point out clearly the sins you may have committed, telling God to forgive you. This idea I got from someone.

(3) Telling the whole congregation to always pray in tongues. It is good. But there are times to pray in the Spirit and there are times to pray with understanding. If you tell the whole congregation to always pray in tongues, there may be pollutions if many members of the congregation are speaking in tongues with strange or familiar spirits. It is not everyone that speaks in tongues through the Holyspirit.

(4) Praying in tongues "recklessly" during quiet time or morning prayers. When you wake up early in the morning, you don't just blast in tongues for long without sober reflection, deep prayer of openness with God, intense study of the word of God, examination of one's self and attitude etc. This idea I got from someone.

Dabbling into a terrain where you grossly lack knowledge is the most foolish thing to do.

1Cor 2:14 - But the natural man recieveth not the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rm 8:6 - For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

You must repent now before it is too late!
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2023
Excellentmind:
Dabbling into a terrain where you grossly lack knowledge is the most foolish thing to do.
1Cor 2:14 - But the natural man recieveth not the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Rm 8:6 - For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
■ You must repent now before it is too late!
Do you yourself have knowledge or are you simply here to quote scripture out of context as is the way of your many pastors and mogs?

2. What evidence was given to you when you repented? Or do you like most religious think it is all by mouth and con? undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by soccerlite: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2023
maureensylvia:

Happy Sunday 😊

Same to u

1 Like

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by DavidEsq(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Chochovini:
Any speaker in tongue that‘s not the Holy Spirit that‘s leading Him or her is merely blasting nonesense. No apology.

Any tongue that does not have an interpreter is a mere cacophonous Noise. Again, No apology.
Ok, Check this out;- what really is
“bababababababa-yayayayayaya-mamamamama RUBISH.
Which tribe on the Earth speaks like that if I may ask?
True words
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by 12345bbt: 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
I remember during my nysc in the north when I joined living faith church also one of their chorister, the pastor always refer to me as a weak believer simply because I don't speak in tongues like others. One day he approached me in his car I asked reason why I don't speak in toque and I respond that the scripture said " we shall receive power when holly spirit has come upon us ...." I made him to understand that speaking in tongues is far from what you pick inside gutter or grab anyhow but has it's own Divine control. Even the desciples pray to some extent in the upper room before the holy spirit come upon them. Despite all my response he just wanted me to speak for others to know I too can speak until one day the spirit of God touched and pulled it out of me while praying earnestly and the pastor was so surprised while others remain silent and shocked. So speaking in tongue is not just bread n tea but a full force of power of God while engaging in fervent prayer.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Chochovini: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2023
[quote author=Kobojunkie post “Now that you know, you think attacking me for asking a straight forward question“

Who were you even asking and what gives you the right to delve into a matter that does not concern you?

Ai the thread about islam? Who told you we are been scammed? Even so, how is that your headache?
Shebi I warned you to steer clear of my mentions?
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2023
Speaking in tongues is a form of mental illness.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
Chochovini:
Who were you even asking and what gives you the right to delve into a matter that does not concern you?

Ai the thread about islam? Who told you we are been scammed? Even so, how is that your headache?
Shebi I warned you to steer clear of my mentions?
Again, You basically described every single "tongue" speaker in your churches including your every pastor and mogs. So, where do you go from here? I hope it means you are abandoning religion altogether. grin
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Speaking in tongues is a form of mental illness.
You mean your babalawos, and voodoo Priests, many of who speak similar gibberish your pastors and mogs do are mentally ill?? undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Chochovini: 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, You basically described every single "tongue" speaker in your churches including your every pastor and mogs. So, where do you go from here? I hope it means you are abandoning religion altogether. grin
. Why don‘t you Go ask all those your bearded mallams who keep brainwashing folks like you about certain mysthical 72 virgins you would be rewarded with in the mysthic paradise they (your mallams or do I say mohammed) created for all faithful malos at the end of time. Nonesense teachings from satan.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean your babalawos, and voodoo Priests, many of who speak similar gibberish your pastors and mogs do are mentally ill?? undecided

Babalawo speak Yoruba language. Its very clear to Ibile Yorubas. Speaking in tongues is total GIBBERISH. This is NOT even debateable.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2023
Chochovini:
. Why don‘t you Go ask all those your bearded mallams who keep brainwashing folks like you about certain mysthical 72 virgins you would be rewarded with in the mysthic paradise they (your mallams or do I say mohammed) created for all faithful malos at the end of time. Nonesense teachings from satan.
You basically described every single "tongue" speaker in your churches including your every pastor and mogs. So, where do you go from here? I hope it means you are abandoning religion altogether. grin
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
■ Babalawo speak Yoruba language. Its very clear to Ibile Yorubas. Speaking in tongues is total GIBBERISH. This is NOT even debateable.
Not true at all since some have been known to recite gibberish during rituals. undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Not true at all since some have been known to recite gibberish during rituals. undecided

These are mere imaginations in your head or watching useless anti-Ifa movies. Babalawo speak Yoruba religious language used to venerate the Ifa and Orisas.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
These are mere imaginations in your head or watching useless anti-Ifa movies. Babalawo speak Yoruba religious language used to venerate the Ifa and Orisas.
You never serious.. undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by DodadaKoKigbe: 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You never serious.. undecided

You're unlearned. Speaking to you is like speaking to a wall. No wonder you speak in tongues without understanding what the hell you're saying.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Porksupplyib: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
vicardino:
Before you brandish your ignorance, shouldn't you first understand the context? You should have at least taken your time to see the content I was replying. Blasting in tongues in churches is wrong according to who? If a church is full of tongue talking believers, how then is it wrong to speak or pray in tongues? I hope you know as well that Romans 8 : 26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that [b]cannot be expressed in words[\b]. The pentecostal experience, where did it happen? At the upper room and that paints a picture of a church. In fact, the church was birthed that day. May the Lord give you understanding.

It is good that you have mentioned the holy spirit in your statement. Now answer , what percentage of those who do shekerabulazaga!! And the likes in church are led by the holy Spirit?
How many are filled with the holy spirit in the churches? Is it not your pastors that propel them to start speaking in tongues and not the holy spirit.

If you like keep arguing. Truth remains that self deceit is what 90% of Christian's do when it comes to tongues speaking.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by emmyN(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
43Ronin:

this exactly what Paul says in ephesians. please make your own judgement from there..
He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; [a]for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air. 10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance. 11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a [c]foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me. 12 Even so you, since you are [d]zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the [e]edification of the church that you seek to excel.
from this passage you can infer that "tongues" refer to speaking in various languages(not rubbish). Also even though you speak in tongues and people don't understand you, when you are done you should interprete the tongues to the church because the Holy spirit is not one of confusion. If you are wilfully speaking in tongues and you cannot interprete or anyone can you are sinning against the Holy ghost andnits unforgivable. Many of your pastors are yoked with the devil for riches and wealth and their covenant is to lead as many people to hades with them.

There are tongues of men and tongues of angels. Tongues is not always natural language; most times it's not.

@ bold, the holyghost told you this?
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by 43Ronin: 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2023
emmyN:

There are tongues of men and tongues of angels. Tongues is not always natural language; most times it's not.

@ bold, the holyghost told you this?
cheesy
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
■ You're unlearned. Speaking to you is like speaking to a wall. No wonder you speak in tongues without understanding what the hell you're saying.
***Yawn*** undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
emmyN:
There are tongues of men and tongues of angels. Tongues is not always natural language; most times it's not. @ bold, the holyghost told you this?
That is a bloody lie! undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Porksupplyib: 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2023
12345bbt:
I remember during my nysc in the north when I joined living faith church also one of their chorister, the pastor always refer to me as a weak believer simply because I don't speak in tongues like others. One day he approached me in his car I asked reason why I don't speak in toque and I respond that the scripture said " we shall receive power when holly spirit has come upon us ...." I made him to understand that speaking in tongues is far from what you pick inside gutter or grab anyhow but has it's own Divine control. Even the desciples pray to some extent in the upper room before the holy spirit come upon them. Despite all my response he just wanted me to speak for others to know I too can speak until one day the spirit of God touched and pulled it out of me while praying earnestly and the pastor was so surprised while others remain silent and shocked. So speaking in tongue is not just bread n tea but a full force of power of God while engaging in fervent prayer.

God bless you o.
Let them keep forcing members to speak in fake tongues.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by RussellRutherfo: 3:58am On Sep 11, 2023
Chetas81:
Does the British citizen that brings this religion to us speak in tongues,I come in peace

Illiteracy.
Take time to read. You will not. "British citizen brought in...."

Illiterate. grin
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Bfly: 6:48am On Sep 11, 2023
Nigeria too full. Nothing wey no dey
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by BALLOSKI: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2023
Almunjid:
Come to ABU Zaria garden around Icsa/ Ramat roundabout come see how many Christians dey shout like mad people disturbing the peace of others in the name of speaking in tongues. Is it Christ-like to speak in tongues like a mad man? Na so Jesus Christ pray?
ICSA has a garden now?

Those oversabi student fellowship students can overdo.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by logicalhumour: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2023
Chochovini:
. Logicalhumuor, YOU ARE VEEEERY WRONG. I can assure you from the Holy Bible that speech in tongue MUST have an interpreter.
To butress my point, pls check
1 Corinthians 14:27-28.

Again, speaking in tongue must have a meaning not all thoses blablablabla nonesense noise they makes in some Churches these days. Pls read Acts 2;2-4, & 6-12. and clear you doubt.

Speaking in tongue MUST be as the SPIRIT gives utterance. Not just any gibberish nonesense noise just to make you appear spiritual when you are still swimming in deep sin.
Who is decieving who?

Well, the verses you mentioned did indeed back up your argument. However, the purpose and interpretation of "speaking in tongues" vary among different denominations and individuals.

I for one think Christianity began watering down itself right from the time of Paul. If the disciples that actually spoke in tongues wrote 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 themselves, then it would have held more water. The first time the disciples spoke in tongues, we saw that no interpreter was required. "Tongues" are people's languages. Why would you speak in tongues in a congregation that doesn't understand you without an "interpreter"? IN A LANGUAGE THAT OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT EXIST? Yes, we have a database of almost all languages on earth, and we'll know if it does exist. Lol. How do you even know the """"interpreter"""" is not just uttering some nonsense that across his mind like the speaker?

The thing most people ignore is how many CONTROVERSIES Paul came and introduced to Christianity —including 1 Corinthians 14:27-28.

Speaking in tongues is indeed speaking in other people's languages for the purpose of understanding. It shouldn't be ambiguous! In fact, expecting to see literal fire on the heads of those speaking in tongues moments before they start shouldn't be far from what is required since the Holy Spirit of yesterday is same with today, lol.

Well, this is just what I chose to believe. Like I said, it varies according to denominations and individuals. My "denomination" doesn't even speak in tongues. Lol

But anyways, for some reason, I'll be glad if you can quote Matthew, Mark, Luke and John instead.

Cc: 43Ronin
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Almunjid(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2023
BALLOSKI:
ICSA has a garden now?

Those oversabi student fellowship students can overdo.
ICSA has no garden. There's a large hall with a garden (where they write post UTME exams)
on ur way to ABU Press, that's where they gather everyday to speak in tongues. Some dey even go behind the hall inside the bush in the night and be shouting and speaking in tongues. It's very annoying.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by emmyN(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is a bloody lie! undecided

Lol, no one is fighting you.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by winner37(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2023
I just the laugh when I see her after enough bleeping at home coming to church starts speaking RUBBIS🤣🤣🤣H
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
logicalhumour:
Well, the verses you mentioned did indeed back up your argument. However, the purpose and interpretation of "speaking in tongues" vary among different denominations and individuals.
I for one think Christianity began watering down itself right from the time of Paul. If the disciples that actually spoke in tongues wrote 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 themselves, then it would have held more water. The first time the disciples spoke in tongues, we saw that no interpreter was required. "Tongues" are people's languages. Why would you speak in tongues in a congregation that doesn't understand you without an "interpreter"? IN A LANGUAGE THAT OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT EXIST? Yes, we have a database of almost all languages on earth, and we'll know if it does exist. Lol. How do you even know the """"interpreter"""" is not just uttering some nonsense that across his mind like the speaker?

The thing most people ignore is how many CONTROVERSIES Paul came and introduced to Christianity —including 1 Corinthians 14:27-28.

Speaking in tongues is indeed speaking in other people's languages for the purpose of understanding. It shouldn't be ambiguous! In fact, expecting to see literal fire on the heads of those speaking in tongues moments before they start shouldn't be far from what is required since the Holy Spirit of yesterday is same with today, lol.
Well, this is just what I chose to believe. Like I said, it varies according to denominations and individuals. My "denomination" doesn't even speak in tongues. Lol
But anyways, for some reason, I'll be glad if you can quote Matthew, Mark, Luke and John instead.
You religious folks like to write your own books which you then attempt to add to that which is written in Scripture. undecided
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
emmyN:
Lol, no one is fighting you.
Fight ke? I simply pointed out that your claim was a bloody lie.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.