Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold (12450 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by emmyN(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Fight ke? I simply pointed out that your claim was a bloody lie.. undecided

I doubt you were convinced with your assertion. smiley
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
emmyN:
I doubt you were convinced with your assertion. smiley
🥱
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by JimCrane30(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
flexyrule:
Growing up as a baby Christian. I was taught that the gift of speaking in tongues comes as an evidence of the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

In Deeper Life Bible Church where I grew up, speaking in tongues wasn't common back then (1993 to early 2000's), and their doctrine specified the steps in attaining that feat...

1. Being born again
2. Sanctification
3. The baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Sometime in 2005, I attended a service at one of these Y2K churches and the pastor said he wants to give us (first timers) a gift... - The gift of speaking in tongues.. grin grin grin

I was confused. I thought this highly sacred gift comes after months of undiluted committed relationship with the HOLY Spirit?

So how then are we gonna obtain it at a promo price today? Well, I was in for the show. So I waited to see how is it being done.

Pastor, asked us first timer to step out, and then laid hands on each first timer, some fell, others started vibrating and speaking in tongues I didn't understand...

He didn't even lead us to Christ, nor authenticate the status of the bodies he was about transmitting this "Sacred gift" to..

When it got to my turn, I was keen to experience how this gift would be downloaded into me, from their servers without passing the prerequisites.

Man of God, laid hands on me, and kept pushing me to fall. Well, I kept going backwards till we reached the church entrance, then pastor obviously sensed that this one won't fall ooooo. Then he left me......

It was a funny experience though. I tried to get the guy who invite me to their service to elucidate on how the gift of speaking in tongues was processed and transfered to first timers in their church, he kept mentioning the name of his GO in his explanation, rather than referring to the Bible. I just knew that those ones don't know what they were doing.

There are a lot of things people do in Christiandom that you just look at in dismay. Many tongue speakers of today's church don't know what they're doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.