Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej (7269 Views)

Fashola Will One Day Be The President Of Nigeria - Actor Kunle Afolayan / Fashola Will Need A Doctor, A Massager, And Prayer Warriors’ - Reuben Abati / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by cristog120: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
fashola knows the best way to play nigerian political tricks to sing his praises than GEJ.HE STARTED SO MANY PROJECTs in so many densely populated areas in lagos before election this year knowing how important they are to win him election but imediately after the election those areas have become a gory sight than how the contractors met them.he even came and commissioned an uncompleted road project weeks b4 the election and no unidentified person were allowed to speak at the make believe ceremony.i concluded in my mind that what goes around comes around,
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by ImaIma1(f): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
whether or not fashola is chopping or saying "oh yes"to tinubu, as long as the state is progressing sha, thats the koko. everyone saw jonathan as the savior that would come and save the world but i saw him as a person too slow to handle a fast country.
fashola seems more capable and the work goin on in lag shows this. what is jonathan doing? wearing his palmwine tapper attire and dragging himself about.
we talk according to wht we see not what we hear.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2011
kaboninc:

For me, for the fact that Fashola is performing now dosent mean that he can do well or not at the Federal level. One thing we must realise is that the job of a president is very complex and no matter how clean and well-intended the occupier maybe, it's still hard to have faith in them. Fashola manages a state with less bureacracy unlike that Jonathan does. Well, you never know untill he's in.

And if you talk about godfathers in PDP, I also believe that there are godfathers too in ACN. Sentiments aside.

Rubbish post really

Yes Lagos is 1 out of 36 states but it is a very good projection of what he can do in all 36 states. Do you know what projections and statistical analysis is ?. You create a small model and see if it works before going large. Gooooshhhhh!!!!!

Being a gov. is a very good projection.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
Any1 that denies this is an imbec.ile, Too tired to type out my reasons,
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by CuteTj(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
When i first started visiting Nairaland in 2006, it was a place i got innovative ideas but fast forward to 2011 it is now a place where people air their silly and unreasonable opininions and these unintelligent ideas/arguments now make the front page. I pray that come another 5 years time, Nairaland should be more than it is and not slip into oblivion with the way baseless arguments make the front page. Moderators please do something!!
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by cristog120: 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
fashola doesnt have much headache to contend with.no housa compulsary appointment,no politicians hiding under boko haram.he understands his people better.gej has got enough monsters from all tribal dungeons to contend with.ruling over northerners is a hard nut to crack.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Ayoobscom(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
Whenever i hear the name Gov Babatunde Raji Fashola I feel like the name is yet to be completed

Will soon become PRESIDENT Babatunde Raji Fashola

Nigeria deserves a sensibly radical,a courageous driver, a brave and visionary personality like him
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Gbawe: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Yes Lagos is 1 out of 36 states but it is a very good projection of what he can do in all 36 states. Do you know what projection and statistical analysis is ?

What other groups are you talking about ?

the post makes a lot of sense.

How has fashola impose candidates on people. Are you aware of ACN lost in Ikorodu ?

All u just posted there lack objectivity, evidence and shows how close minded you can be .

What do you mean. Are we voting based on performance or based on zones and ethnic groups ?

Yet the founding father of ACN is Ngige and Atiku

Yet a tribal party won, anambra, akwa ibom, benue, edo and has a strong position in NE and NC

you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Moreover this has nothing to do with ACN but Fashola

Nope Lagos deported almajiries

while Orji deported productive people

so what are you talking about here NO  comparison HERE

completely different reasons and scenarios

Tinubu is facing is before the tibunal now so he does not answer to Tinubu.

Alhaji, good job but you are wasting your time. Nigerians just love showing to the world that we don't do things logically in our Country. Instead we prefer to view everything with sentiments and one bias (ethnicity) or the other( religion). This is what landed us with GEJ when two austere, prudent and brave men (exactly what Nigeria needed) ran in the same election.

Go to some African Countries today and you will marvel at the sophistication of their political election discussions. Issues will be about the performance, history of competence, achievements, ideological leanings of candidates and other solid parameters that shows who is likely to run Nations well!!!! The proof that this political sophistication , seen elsewhere, is bearing fruit can be seen in the laudable progress other African nations are beginning to make while Nigeria stagnates badly!!!  

In a topic like this it is amazing anyone , with a straight face, can make make a case for GEJ. That , if any is required, is the ultimate proof we are far from the sort of political sophistication that will see us pragmatically select a genuinely transformational President.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-783536.0.html

The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travelling to Nigeria and continues to recommend U.S. citizens to avoid all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers; the Southeastern states of Abia, Edo, Imo; the city of Jos in Plateau State, Bauchi and Borno States in the northeast because of the risks of kidnapping, robbery, and other armed robbery in these areas.

Violent crime committed by individuals and gangs, as well as by some persons wearing police and military uniforms, is an ongoing problem throughout the country, especially at night.  Visitors and resident U.S. citizens have experienced armed muggings, assaults, burglary, carjacking, violation, kidnappings, and extortion - often involving violence.  Home invasions remain a serious threat, with armed robbers accessing even guarded compounds by scaling perimeter walls; following, or tailgating, residents or visitors arriving by car into the compound; and subduing guards and gaining entry into homes or apartments.   Sad

Armed robbers in Lagos also access waterfront compounds by boat. U.S. citizens, as well as Nigerians and other expatriates, have been victims of armed robbery at banks and grocery stores and on airport roads during both daylight and evening hours.  Law enforcement authorities usually respond slowly or not at all, and provide little or no investigative support to victims.  Armed robbers have boarded both commercial and private vessels to rob travelers.  The Nigerian Navy has limited capacity to respond to criminal acts at sea.

lag no dey there - nuff said - so much for the noise about akwa ibom and the home state of our commander in chief
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by cristog120: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
CuteTj:

When i first started visiting Nairaland in 2006, it was a place i got innovative ideas but fast forward to 2011 it is now a place where people air their silly and unreasonable opininions and these unintelligent ideas/arguments now make the front page. I pray that come another 5 years time, Nairaland should be more than it is and not slip into oblivion with the way baseless arguments make the front page. Moderators please do something!!

when i see people write this way i get pissed off.show off your intelligence here let people learn from you if you know better afterall all nigerian dont look similar. we can never ve the same line of thought.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
cristog120:

when i see people write this way i get pissed off.show off your intelligence here let people learn from you if you know better afterall all nigerian dont look similar. we can never ve the same line of thought.

u dey mind am, just ignore
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
Gbawe:

Alhaji, good job but you are wasting your time. Nigerians just love showing to the world that we don't do things logically in our Country. Instead we prefer to view everything with sentiments and one bias (ethnicity) or the other( religion). This is what landed us with GEJ when two austere, prudent and brave men (exactly what Nigeria needed) ran in the same election.

Go to some African Countries today and you will marvel at the sophistication of their political election discussions. Issues will be about the performance, history of competence, achievements, ideological leanings of candidates and other solid parameters that shows who is likely to run Nations well!!!! The proof that this political sophistication , seen elsewhere, is bearing fruit can be seen in the laudable progress other African nations are beginning to make while Nigeria stagnates badly!!!  

In a topic like it is amazing anyone , with a straight face, can make make a case for GEJ. That , if any is required, is the ultimate proof we are far from gaining genuinely transformational leaders.

true talk my brother
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by kaboninc(m): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Rubbish post really
Yes Lagos is 1 out of 36 states but it is a very good projection of what he can do in all 36 states. Do you know what projections and statistical analysis is ?. You create a small model and see if it works before going large. Gooooshhhhh!!!!!

Please tell us what PROJECTIONS AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS IS?
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Dpharisee: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
Has Fashola shown the will to be a Mugabe, Ghadafi or Nyerere and not a rubber stamp for the West at UN security council that GEJ has become who doesnt even have the will to abstain from voting western frivolities like the BRICS.
Can Fashola go against the wishes of America, France and Britain on the international stage like Chavez of Venezuela or Lula Da Silva of Brazil.
Can Fashola say to Shell and Chevron 'go clean up your mess in Niger Delta' and review their contracts in Nigeria?
Can Fashola tell the Emirs in the North 'kai mallam every child must be in school and ban Almajirism and royal servitude'
Can Fashola say to the South East 'we must bring back the glory of Aba and work towards its rapid  reindustrialization?
Its about asking questions about the international stage which is entirely different.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
kaboninc:

Please tell us what PROJECTIONS AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS IS?

I summarised it into a sentence

alj_harem:

You create a small model and see if it works before going large.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Skii(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Without a doubt in my mind, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, will make a better president than President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan PhD, if given the opportunity and things work in his favor. Sadly the chances of that being a reality are not so high. Too many factors involved

Just based on a few personal metrics alone like Charisma, Eloquence, Exposure and what have you, BRF out does GEJ.
Professionally, no disrespect but BRF is a Lawyer, an SAN. GEJ holds a PhD in zoology!
On experience, BRF was chief of staff before becoming Governor, GEJ was Deputy Gov, Gov, Vice Pres, Acting Pres and now Pres. The accomplishments of both men speak for themselves.

Its a pointless argument
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
D-pharisee:

Has Fashola shown the will to be a Mugabe, Ghadafi or Nyerere and not a rubber stamp for the West at UN security council that GEJ has become who doesnt even have the will to abstain from voting western frivolities like the BRICS.
Can Fashola go against the wishes of America, France and Britain on the international stage like Chavez of Venezuela or Lula Da Silva of Brazil.
Can Fashola say to Shell and Chevron 'go clean up your mess in Niger Delta' and review their contracts in Nigeria?
Can Fashola tell the Emirs in the North 'kai mallam every child must be in school and ban Almajirism and royal servitude'
Can Fashola say to the South East 'we must bring back the glory of Aba and work towards its rapid  reindustrialization?
Its about asking questions about the international stage which is entirely different.

Has he been put in those situations ?

Was GEJ put into those situations before he became the president ?

Moreover, Multi-nationals come to lagos all the time even Cameron went to Lagos and meet with Fashola the other day
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
Eko-ile will make a better president than GEJ. It's a no brainer.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
afam4eva:

Eko-ile will make a better president than GEJ. It's a no brainer.

LOL

is fashola = eko ile grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by kaboninc(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

I summarised it into a sentence

In your model, lets say its a state, like Lagos. And I suppose there are some factors you'd put in to consideration - seen and unseen - and see how your model progresses? Right?
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
kaboninc:

In your model, lets say its a state, like Lagos. And I suppose there are some factors you'd put in to consideration - seen and unseen - and see how your model progresses? Right?

Hmmm my apologise; I do not understand your point.

What factors are you talking about here ?
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Skii(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
kaboninc:

Taking a que from your post, it reminds me of design in engineering. first a prototype of the design is made and tested mimicking all possible factors in reality. The results are then gathered and the design is improved upon

If Lagos were the prototype, and all factors of Lagos considered and Nigeria is the real thing, I still conclude, Fashola would perform. Equate all the PDP God fathers to Tinubu, all the Boko Haram and MEND to the area boys in Lagos, what else? Given all this Fashola still dey perform,
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
Skii:

Taking a que from your post, it reminds me of design in engineering. first a prototype of the design is made and tested mimicking all possible factors in reality. The results are then gathered and the design is improved upon

If Lagos were the prototype, and all factors of Lagos considered and Nigeria is the real thing, I still conclude, Fashola would perform. Equate all the PDP God fathers to Tinubu, all the Boko Haram and MEND to the area boys in Lagos, what else? Given all this Fashola still dey perform,

+10
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by boyt1: 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
Fashola is a good guy, yes he can.  but please not with ACN  and that FAKE CRIMINAL TINUBU!!
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by hercules07: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
What most people who have spoken against Tinubu have missed is that it is Tinubu that has allowed Fashola to perfrom, he has the assembly men in his pockets, he has settled all those troublesome grassroot politicians and has told them to leave Fashola alone to perform his function, Tinubu is Fashola's enabler, if Fashola becomes a President today, he needs someone to play the dirty side of politics for him.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Skii(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
hercules07:

What most people who have spoken against Tinubu have missed is that it is Tinubu that has allowed Fashola to perfrom, he has the assembly men in his pockets, he has settled all those troublesome grassroot politicians and has told them to leave Fashola alone to perform his function, Tinubu is Fashola's enabler, if Fashola becomes a President today, he needs someone to play the dirty side of politics for him.

I almost totally agree with you, but not quite
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by kaboninc(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Hmmm my apologise; I do not understand your point.

What factors are you talking about here ?
Good! I thought you understood the meaning of PROJECTIONS AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS very well before you made thins comment - You create a small model and see if it works before going large."
Maybe you should understand your comment before insulting someone.

[/quote] [quote author=Skii link=topic=783563.msg9359576#msg9359576 date=1318868301]

Our prototype this time (Lagos) has so many things working for it. One for sure is that it used to be the capital and even Fashola himself admitted it. Fashola met infrastructures here when he came on board. He wasnt responsible for the number of companies sited here in Lagos, nor the industries, nor was he responsible for the strategic location of Lagos. He's just complementing and building on what he saw here.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
hercules07:

LOL and that person would be tinubu a thief right?

Tinubu is infact dragging Fashola and Lagos down. FACT !!!

Once tinubu is out of the equation in Fashola's political career then the sky is the limit
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by hercules07: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Skii

Every leader needs his dogs of war, Fashola can make Tinubu his if he plays it right, Tinubu is a necessary evil for now, until someone else with a more altruistic mind, intelligence and deeper pockets can rise up in the SW, we will have to make do with Tinubu, the alternative is mediocre.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by hercules07: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
@alj

If tinubu leaves Fashola alone, he will be impeached within days, do you think he has not fallen foul of some procedural rules, forget it, Tinubu has enabled Fashola and a lot of the projects that will define Fashola were started by Tinubu.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
kaboninc:

Good! I thought you understood the meaning of PROJECTIONS AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS very well before you made thins comment - You create a small model and see if it works before going large."
Maybe you should understand your comment before insulting someone.
Our prototype this time (Lagos) has so many things working for it. One for sure is that it used to be the capital and even Fashola himself admitted it. Fashola met infrastructures here when he came on board. He wasnt responsible for the number of companies sited here in Lagos, nor the industries, nor was he responsible for the strategic location of Lagos. He's just complementing and building on what he saw here.

Na wa o

You mentioned factors and I said which factors, there are a lot of factors in Lagos and Nigeria that needs to be considered and I meant which factor in particular were you talking about .

@Bolded

SMH

so GEJ did not meet infrastructures in Nigeria before he became the president ? Or Nigeria was VOID AND EMPTY
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by hercules07: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
Fashola will obviously make a better President than GEJ, what we need to ask ourselves is if Fashola will be the best president, comparing him to GEJ is an insult, I can think of several governors who will make better Presidents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State / Election Postponement: Nigerians Still Counting Losses / Governor Of Rivers State Wike Finally Destroy Ait Building In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.