Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari (19803 Views)

If You Know The Building Cost Of The HQ Of Customs, You Will Faint - Shehu Sani / See 1 Of The Wonders Of INEC In Kaduna Governorship Election That Has Gone Viral / Bala Haruna Dies After Swimming In Gutter Water To Celebrate Buhari Reelection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by dre11(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
Former Governor of Adamawa State, Barr Bala Ngilari, says he will faint if he personally sees and owns N1 billion.

The ex-governor said this while reacting to the corruption case that made him the first victim of the court ruling since the return of democracy in 1999.

Ngilari, who governed the North Eastern state briefly between October 2014 and May 2015, was convicted of corruption involving N166 million and sent to prison, after leaving the office.

The former governor said this while speaking as a guest in a recent interview with Trust TV’s Daily Politics programme.

When asked if he had “like N1bn of your own?”, he replied, “If I see N1bn now, I will faint.”

“In fact, the good thing is that the greatest difficulty for a person who tries to be honest and righteous is that you gather so many enemies. Till tomorrow, I say it boldly without fear or favour, if you take the proceedings of the courts that arraigned me on a five-count charge, there is not one count of the five that said I took one naira or diverted one naira, not one,” he said.

He further said that after losing the governorship seat, he wanted to contest as a senator in the following election year, but could not because the delegates in his party were asking for N1m each.

“In fact, I tried to contest for the Senate too under APC. I went round, toured and two, three days to the primary election, I called and reached out to the delegates through my director general and my coordinators.”

“The delegates told me, ‘Look, sir, when it comes to the right person to go for this thing, you are the right person, but honestly we will be sincere and honest with you we cannot accept N100,000 which you want to offer us.’

“To help. My idea was that I could offer N100,000 for probably 200 people. That would come to about N20 million, so that they could go and start something at home.

“I mean N100,000 at that time was something. (But) they said, ‘No, sir, we will not collect your N100,000 because there are people who are willing to give us one N1 million each.’”

https://dailytrust.com/ill-faint-if-i-see-n1bn-ex-gov-ngilari/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
He should stop pretending
One billion is not a big money

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by ChatterHouse: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
grin
1 billion are you learning work from bulava handbook

6 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Odumi: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2023
Just to tell you the way average Nigerian politician perceive their followers

3 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by NwaNimo1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
...but not 999 Million?

45 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by ArchangelMicky(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
Okay naw
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by TheSuperX(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
Liar
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by crown08(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
grin

1 Share

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Righthussle: 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
All I have to say is "ok".

That's the thing I say when anyone says "Jesus is coming soon".
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by jojothaiv(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Tales by the beer parlor.

The confession would make light jokes in the local pub but for people who are realistic, he's a liar.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
grin if e get, shey e go talk say e get?

6 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Kizzygentle: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
See thief oo... Person wey embezzle billions of state funds... This guys just dey whine theirselves sha..

1 Like

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by iammo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
cool

#1,000,000,000

No be small money ooo

If you spend #100,000 daily that's 27 years and some months daily 100k

31 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Kingjite1: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
9ja politicians and lie grin wetin come bring faint come the matter

1 Like

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Ugwueke11(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
person wey don invest 8billion on landed property and 2billion abroad

3 Likes

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by AsomStructures: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
Stop playing sir....
BTW..
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2023
He has more than that
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Boywiszy: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2023
Our brains are the lightest in the world, I believe some youths not even old people will defend this man as long as he is from their tribe, Nigerians we are really suffering, ( tribalism and religion is killing us )

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Eriokanmi: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
You'd make that money as a governor in 6 months.. liar
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Aolfooties(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
He might be right, but he's a politician

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by Weedhustler: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
Swear you didn't steal more than this when in power?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by tefund(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2023
Keep deceiving yourself .
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by ecolime(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
Lori iro

1 Like

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by AllBlack: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
As a Nigerian, just do whatever you like. It might work for you and people will even clap for you.
Pray to have so much money to keep shutting up police sha cos na there wahala dey.

see as this one openly admitted to offering 100k bribes to delegates

1 Like

Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by 9jabox(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2023
Being that he occupied the office for so short a time and wasn’t savant in the ways other politicians run these things leading to his indictment despite such a small fund found to have been looted by him, I’m tempted to believe he doesn’t have such amount of money… but his status sha can give him way more than that as a former governor.

But again, as a Nigerian politician, it is very hard to believe them; these guys lie too much. For that, I’ll hold my former view with little confidence.
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by FuckTheMod: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
Wey rey
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by vikstandon(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kizzygentle:
See thief oo... Person wey embezzle billions of state funds... This guys just dey whine theirselves sha..

In six (6) months?

Be objective.
Re: I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari by b3llo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
Hehehe.... Him don broke and it seems Fintiri no show am Love

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamu Muazu Denies Dumping PDP, Wishes Propagandists Goodluck / I Still Hold President Jonathan In Very High Esteem - Femi Fani-kayode / FFK - Why Femi Gbajabiamila Should Be Elected As Speaker Of House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.