Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady (42397 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US / Kaduna, Dangote, BUA Refineries May Source Crude Oil From Abroad / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by CorperKola: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.
You can't reason with obidients
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ConfidentialDoc: 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Tinubu is just collecting his own share from this madness. If he meant well, refineries....any of the refineries should have been working before subsidy removal

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by dkidd: 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
mytime24:
How old is nigeria again angry
Lol.. wetin dey ur mind grin
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by miniziter(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORKπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Asari tell you say h no get work?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by surgical: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.
This your post shows how unintelligent you are a trait of apc supporters, unfortunately we have so many of you in the country, reason they can enthrone a mediocre government in the country from buhari to Tinubu, and the country has been spiralling down since
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ezechi242: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

This is how am average batidiot thinks. No sense, no direction, just how to drag Obi and throw insults.

Blaming a country's citizens for importation?
Like, which brain una get?
4 refineries and no one is working and you correlated with Individuals importing?
Most of you need real help, not just with finance but with your mentality.
At this point, you can't think rationally again. The next thing is to insult me and throw tribal slurs as usual. Very senseless mob of individuals

leave them make them dey fool themselves, dereledave was on another thread begging people to sponsor him abroad ....the hardship is realy eating up their senses.

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Eriokanmi: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

Nothing is about to change. Obj meant it when he said the refineries won't work. Government has no business engaging in business....yes, you heard me right. Their business is to create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive. If 100 successive leaders revamp our refineries, as tinubu was also planning to do, they'd still not work.

Let all of them be privatised same way obj did NITEL and fuel would be available like water. But because the move would hurt some politicians' business, they'd never look in that direction. The vessels that take crude abroad to refine and bring back refined products are owned by them. Privatisation is the way to.go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Nice2023(m): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
I thought u were going to make sense not until u started with Obi...if u are economically savvy and knows how the economy works,u won't bring in Obi.

There is no country that has everything therefore,America imports many things from China and the same China imports so many products from America and Russia which shows that no nation is self sufficient.

However,it does not matter the economy,if Nigeria stop importation today and start producing anything,it will automatically be more expensive than the foreign products.
E.g when we were buying rice for 6k...APC buhari told us they were going to ban foreign rice so as to start local production,how far today?local rice went up and many of u can't afford to eat the same rice that used to be very affordable for all.

Importation does not kill the economy,rather unregulated importation is what destroys the economy. UNITED EMIRATE imports most of its goods and services if not 80% yet their economy is great even greater than ours.

So,next time,stop calling Obi if u don't know the nitty gritty of the economy.

tollyboy5:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by TemmyT002(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:

Never trust the party called APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Klington: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

It's either your sense of reasoning and judgement is wack or you're an economical bias and pretentious tribal bigot.

For the records, Obi has a verifiable source.
Tinubu who has all manner of criminal baggages is who you think is best for Nigeria 🀑🀑🀑

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by TemmyT002(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

If this isn't sarcasm, please delete it.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by finallybusy: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
Boo! She didn’t mention that water is wet.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Mosba: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
Don't worry, our heads don dey complete small small, after that we shall export our poo poo to you to refine and drink
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Mrtaye: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

It's more like you are among the importers and you want the business to continue
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Nice2023(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
Person use his own money go do importation, u are blaming him for his business while those who used govt money to enriched themselves have no blames levelled against them.

The originator of this Topic has to be examined critically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by CaptainAyub: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Them say Singaporean woman say buy oil bla bla bla ,u begin write 17 paragraphs about Obi πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Na madness oooπŸ˜€πŸ™‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by slowice(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

You blame the citizens for the failure of government refineries saying that the government is a mirror of the citizens and then turn around to blame OBI for importation. You are incredibly stupeed.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Nice2023(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Person use his own money go do importation, u are blaming him for his business while those who used govt money to enriched themselves have no blames levelled against them.

U this guy,i think u have a problem.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by plaetton: 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

This is how am average batidiot thinks. No sense, no direction, just how to drag Obi and throw insults.

4 refineries and no one is working and you correlated with Individuals importing?
At this point, you can't think rationally again. The next thing is to insult me and throw tribal slurs as usual. Very senseless mob of individuals
Thank you very much.
The way the average literate Nigerian thinks is what really makes very pessimistic about the possibility of turnaround of the Nigerian situation.
Nigeria started importation of refined petroleum from the Abacha era. Abacha awarded the contract for refinery maintenance to his late son for $500m. When the boy died in a plane crash, the contract was left in a limbo. Then Abacha decided to award a contract for the importation of petrol to his daughter. As soon as they tasted that sweet nectar of importing fuel , all the big thieves in Nigeria joined fuel importation wandwagon. The idea of fixing the refineries became unimportant. This is how the whole fuel importation racket began.

Now, an educated fool is someone trying to blame Obi and Igbos for the importation of fuel.

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Faposky95: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

You got it.....till
....even when you behead some snakes, they still show signs of life and have strong poisoning prospect
Obi cannot be termed as usual with the unusual we saw him build over the short time from leaving PDP to the elections.
It's precisely what we need - difference with a focal point....
BAT is a person- let's see the effect of his personality,but better still what it will do far after he's gone.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Eriokanmi: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I thought election period was over...Tinubu is there already so, leave obi alone. We can all see the Mr magic at work. 4 years is not far. Hope most of you won't say he should be forgiven and allowed to do 4 more years at the end of his tenure. We all love Nigeria and we want the best for her. A lot of people are still living in the vacuum by thinking obi is an igbo project. If he was an igbo project, he wouldn't have won lagos where Tinubu was said to have done wonders despite the daily jingles and tips given to people on the streets by tinubu supporters. Civil servants practically closed their offices, canvassing tinubu. Alimosho, the most populous LGA in Nigeria for that matter where ibo population is less than 5% voted obi. What would you say to that? Wake up guy. Obi is the project of the truly progressive Nigerians, regardless of tribe and religion. Know this and be liberated.

Talking of cabal doesn't make sense to me, if we must sanitise Nigeria. It costs nothing to take them off. Read about Lee Quan Yew who built Singapore out of nothing. He had no helicopter talk less of tinubu who had 3. Do you know how much a dollar is today under tinubu..what same Tinubu said wasn't okay at 250 naira in 2015? We're in it together. Ęyin lo maa dun ju.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by adecz: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
This happens because Nigerian leaders
make a lot of money from the process,
and live like kings, but the country and citizens get poorer. 😑😑😑😑

We need sojas to come and delete &
reformat our current political system
because it's only going to get worse.

We now have a situation where rogues
have taken the reigns of governance in
Nigeria and they will use all available underhand tactics to remain in power
against the wish of the people❗️❗️

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by spiSeyi: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Solsix:

You are wrong about Obi. He performed well in Anambra against all odds. He knows how to succeed when everyone and everything is against him. Obi is a major chair holder in some quoted company in Nigerian stock exchange. Aman who don't believe in Nigeria will not invest so much in Nigerian company. If you into the kind business he is (stores) you cannot avoid importation because some of the things nneds especially by the elites are not produced in Nigeria. When obi was the governor of Anambra state he identify big companies and wanted to refurbished and bring them to life but the shareholders of those companies took him to court. For example he wanted to revive eastern brewery but Authur Eze and co stopped him he invited international brewery instead.That company is still moribound as we speak . The same way obidients insults is the same way agbodoist insult us. There are igbos who are stunch tinubu supporters just like your people voted Peter Obi. The innoson everyone is celebrating now was so much supported by Obi, if you listen to innocent chukwuma testimony you will know what am saying. Peter Obi knows how to squeeze water out from the rock. I don't normally engage people online, but u made some valid points that needs to addressed.
Tell us one sustainable project Obi did that transformed the SE, BAT as a governor created Lekki free trade zone and today it's one of the face of SW and Nigeria 2 He was the one who revolutionized the telecoms sector monopoly by introducing ECONETS that still exist as Airtel today, and we all know how Airtel have improved the life of Nigerians & some other Africans by providing jobs and tech. Politics & tribalism apart PO is not a match for the likes of Pres BAT, Obi should be compared with and the likes of Rochas, Obiano and maybe Amaechi
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Kaiser20: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
mytime24:
How old is nigeria again angry
63-year-old little child, don't worry we shall be self-reliant when we become 300 years old, we still have time.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by slowice(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ok i agree with this. I still believe asorock cabals will be more difficult for obi to handle if he was there, just the way goodluck administration was frustrated.
Whatever everyone feels, lets hope the new government get it right within four years. I still believe Nigerians themselves need to be productive individually to reduce importation.

Some of you take pride in nonsense. That so called "aso rock cabal" that you are famzing subtly is why we need obi there. We need a man with the balls to dismantle that gang of corruption which Tinubu is part of. You people don't know obi sha, that cabal will be shocked at the magnitude of tsunami that he would bring upon them while keeping the waters very calm and peaceful.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by nisah(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
This sounds to me like insult......especially the background laughter. Nigeria will be great again Insha Allah.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by plaetton: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
Programmer47:

Don't mind that fool.

That same fool that pretends to complain about importation by Igbos also surrounds himself and his family with imported products.

I think that, unfortunately, the quality of minds our system produces is directly proportional to the quality of leaders we are saddled with.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by beexy: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

did Nigerians tell you they don't want to produce??
There is no enabling environment!
Killing on farms,
No start-up capital/loan
Policies to kill start ups, SMEs
You think people just enjoy blaming the govt? It is cos of all this above!
If there is an enabling environment and abundance of local products in our land, then you can be blaming people for importation!

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bentenny(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
She is absolutely right!
We sell raw materials that we have been blessed with and buy the finished products from these foreign countries!
Crude oil,gold and other untapped materials dont make much compared to when they are now finished products!
For instance,crude oil has got many finished products like PMS,diesel,aviation fuel,LPG,CNG,kerosene etc that should be fetching us billions in funds in naira if we had refineries!
Netherlands is one of the biggest exporters of dairy products and chocolate despite not having enough cocoa farm lands and this is because they import cocoa from many countries but make 20 times that when they process the raw materials into finished products!
With our massive land mass and abundant and valuable raw material,we can even do much more hence reduce poverty!

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bayelsaowei(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Very good...as our mumu too much this should be good...
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by CodeTemplar: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

campaign after mandate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos / Ministerial Screening: Inside SSS’ Allegations Against Nasir El-rufai / Obituary Of Eugene Anenih, Tony Anenih's Son (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.