Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,597 members, 7,843,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady (42355 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US / Kaduna, Dangote, BUA Refineries May Source Crude Oil From Abroad / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ufotunang: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
What a shame..and our politcians will say nigeria is the giant of Africa....giant of Africa that refineries are not working

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ufotunang: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
ruggedtimi:
And the nigerians politicians on the tour bus dey laugh out loud. Terrible situation we find ourselves. Imagine if we are actually refining our crude. Wetin concern us with dollar rise.
..why won't they laugh..when it's our greedy, incompetent leaders and politicians that put nigeria in this situation
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ufotunang: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2023
For good 27 years our refineries are not working. Our leaders and politicians do not care about it...just to loot money they know... Even ajaokuta steel company not working for the past 42 years and our leaders and politicians do not care... nawaoooo...

2 Likes

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by themanderon: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Yet successive governments have made us believe we cannot refine crude by ourselves. They should just scrap this country and bring back the British to continue ruling because we have failed as a nation in all ramifications.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by barinedan(m): 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
International embarrassment

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by BigIyanga: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
Not going to happen

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Okwyjesus(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
Orisirisi, Nigerians are very funny set of people. Emeka, Ebuka and kingsley are into importation business and they import all manners of rubbish from abroad.
Tayo, Taiwo are also importing all kind of jargons from Europe. Now the government import petrol and many of you are complaining. The government is just a mirror of her people.

Give ten Nigerians loan today if they wont build hotels, club etc everywhere. I honestly asked one person who criticize obi when he was a governor on this forum why he/she was now rooting for obi now. The person did not reply my mention. Obi business model and performance as Anambra does not make him the best candidate over others to me.

You cant give what you don't have, how can a importer model the Nigeria economy when he failed to do that in his state?
My friend do say my soft spot for tinubu is because i'm a lagosian, i dont just have time for his capping yet. I know his soft spot for obi is because he likes igbo and edo people are big fan of obi.
Normally the igbos are being cheated in Nigeria but obi will fail if he was the president in nigeria kind of government settings where cabals has a bigger say in government. The person most fit for this job is the boastful mr tinubu. Lets see if he can really prove himself.

Obi fans feel they apply common sense but what they apply is emotional sense of entitlement. My friends tag me as tinubu supporter but some of my APC family tag me obidient but this obidient dont know we cant hate on our family because they're APC or tolerate insult because of a political party lol. On the day of election everyone in our house went to vote obi, my mum forced our igbo tenant to come out to vote obi. I had my reservations but my uncle said "Obi ni o!" . Now elections are over everyone has moved on but obi fans are still insulting us.

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

And those rooting for military rule and yet complaining about wike arrogant nature are confused and might also be obidient also.

One.of the most sensible write up from PBAT supporter l have read.

I voted Obi with my household but l honestly doubt if Obi can boldly take some of the steps Tinubu is taking to resharp the nation.

My concern with Tinubu was his age and the fact that it's really would have been just for lgbos to taste presidency at this age.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by redirect(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Useless so call Country

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by occfx: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.

Tinubu is not thinking about it, for now thats not his problem.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
bentenny:

What has been done by the current administration that also supported the 8 years failure of Buhari to provide the basic requirements like efficient power supply,unified tax regime,reduction of transport cost,reliable security system and accessible roads for businesses to run smoothly in the country?
All this present administration has done is to keep increasing taxes for an already taxed private sector!
I never supported buharis administration. What i do know is buhari was a step to tinubu achieving his goal.. His administration would have been better but he chose to sideline tinubu and tinubu waited patiently.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Charly68: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Even Obj with his letter writting skill could not stop the fraud in the oil sector ,our leaders are looters and wasters ...their children children will live in poverty because of what they did to Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Okwyjesus:

One.of the most sensible write up from PBAT supporter l have read.

I voted Obi with my household but l honestly doubt if Obi can boldly take some of the steps Tinubu is taking to resharp the nation.

My concern with Tinubu was his age and the fact that it's really would have been just for lgbos to taste presidency at this age.

Personally I've never liked tinubu. But i'm a Lagosian and my extended family are more in APC. We voted obi and my dad don't vote but was strongly supporting obi base on prophecy he got from his Abuja church. Me i just know all those stuff will not work then but decided to watch till the end. If you tell people the truth then they will nearly swallow you.
The optimism of obidient was powerful and sent a strong message to nigeria politicians. If not that my polling boot was attacked by some gun men obi was wining we that are left were waiting to vote obi.

I still maintain my stand that Nigerians are not productive enough that is why we cant elect an excellent productive leader from among us.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bentenny(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I never supported buharis administration. What i do know is buhari was a step to tinubu achieving his goal.. His administration would have been better but he chose to sideline tinubu and tinubu waited patiently.
The highlighted is stale and illogical!
Even Tinubu openly said Buhari had done very well
In other words,he was either lying to Nigerians or he was simply trying to pander to his fulani masters at the detriment of his own people!
If the former leader of APC Bamdele Akande could call out Buhari for poor leadership,what stopped Tinubu from doing the same when it was obvious that Buhari was taking us to a seeming economic crisis?
Even now,Buhari's 100 days in office was far better than Tinubu's 105 days in office!
May we not end up saying Buhari was better than Tinubu because so far its going that way!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by lastkingsman: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
Gerrard59:
Yeah. Exxon has one of its biggest refineries in Jurong Island. Ditto for Shell, which has a massive petrochemical facility on the same island. That island is a beehive for petrochemical industries, a major component of Singapore's manufacturing sector.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
bentenny:

The highlighted is stale and illogical!
Even Tinubu openly said Buhari had done very well
In other words,he was either lying to Nigerians or he was simply trying to pander to his fulani masters at the detriment of his own people!
If the former leader of APC Bamdele Akande could call out Buhari for poor leadership,what stopped Tinubu from doing the same when it was obvious that Buhari was taking us to a seeming economic crisis?
Even now,Buhari's 100 days in office was far better than Tinubu's 105 days in office!
May we not end up saying Buhari was better than Tinubu because so far its going that way!
You're not being sincere. There is nothing like nothern masters. The game of politics is what tinubu played and we all understood.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by okoroemeka(m): 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.
that is a promise I believe that will come true very,dangote will surely put a stop to that
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Marvfem: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2023
DeLaRue:
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.which one have you produce with all this initiative

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by tollyboy5(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
ifegen:

You really had me with the first few paragraphs but I was reading on to see what solutions or conclusions you were going to make and there was none. Just there. RANTS RANTS RANTS, POINTLESS CRITICISM.
Are you saying Tinubu will cut down on imports? What exactly is he going to do to turn the tides around since as we can see, importation is one of the things killing us in this country from the video we just watched.
This isn't the post for your political sentiments, flush it down the toilet biko.
My major point was that we as a nation of different people, we're not productive enough that is why when election comes we elect bad leaders from community leaders to federal level.
The bad leaders are result of our net productivity as individuals. Everyone wants to live the life and have peace of mind, hardly we you see anyone that want to make a difference. So when we elect leaders among us, we elect those that want to live the life more than making a difference.

Lets wait to see what next year holds for us. As a Lagosian the only thing I've seen so far is quite stable is electricity we've been promised its still going to improve. If the redline kick off and transportation within Lagos became a lesser burden, honestly speaking Dangote refinery closer to my hometown will just be added advantage and I'm sure these alone will help to boost the morale of the few productive individuals we have in Nigeria. Whatever the situation in other state in Nigeria is not my business, i'm sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by starstaz(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
ufotunang:
For good 27 years our refineries are not working. Our leaders and politicians do not care about it...just to loot money they know... Even ajaokuta steel company not working for the past 42 years and our leaders and politicians do not care... nawaoooo...

27 yrs ( 7 world cups executed successfully by FIFA

42yrs ( 10 World cups and 10 Olympics executed successfully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by lexy2014: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
That'll stop soon..

We promise.

Who is the "we'?

How will it stop?
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:
WE ALREADY KNOW.... THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE.

MY PRAYER IS THAT THE PH REFINERY OBASANJO SAY WON'T WORK TO BEGIN OPERATION IN DECEMBER. AND YOU WILL NO LONGER REFINE FOR US AGAIN.

ALL OUR ILLEGAL REFINERIES BOYS IN CREEKS OF N.D. NOW HAVE JOBS TO DO.

MAKE ASARI DOKUBO SEFF GET WORKπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Even if PH refinery works, how crude will it refine that will end importation?

1 Like

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by nice2muphy: 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pick 1 pick 2 pick 3

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Programmer47: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
membranus:

When you are throwing the same insults and tribal slurs at the opposing camp, and you are expecting to be exempted from the same bullets, that's surely a delusional mindset.

Oga, you will get what you served, with no reservation from any.

But meanwhile it is too early to judge your sworn political enemy, BAT, of non performance just after only 3 months. Come back after 2 years, then your appraisal will be meaningful.

And I doubt if your Obi can do better than what BAT has done so far.

Because that is how you think. You think people are insulting Tinubu either because of his tribe or Party.
And to that , I have nothing to say to seeing as we have no common factor in our reasoning.

If Nigeria is better , everyone would be happy but a precedent must be set. You cannot rig and snatch your way into power with criminality. If this is allowed then a standard would be set for future elections.
I don't expect you to understand seeing as it's all about the NOW for most of you
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Programmer47: 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
membranus:

When you are throwing the same insults and tribal slurs at the opposing camp, and you are expecting to be exempted from the same bullets, that's surely a delusional mindset.

Oga, you will get what you served, with no reservation from any.

But meanwhile it is too early to judge your sworn political enemy, BAT, of non performance just after only 3 months. Come back after 2 years, then your appraisal will be meaningful.

And I doubt if your Obi can do better than what BAT has done so far.

We are talking of refineries and the only thing an Apc member can think of is the Opposition party? May God help us all sha. Selective amnesia has a way of biting the owner
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by KennethEnyi(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2023
Useless county
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by Programmer47: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
walexbiz:
I concur with what the poster said. If you look at the current crop of political leaders we have in this country I agree it's the citizens that should have self introspection of themselves. From Obi to Tinubu we don't merit anyone of them but unfortunately those are the best we deem fit to rule. Obi has shown times without number that he can lie over and over again and Tinubu existence can only be described as a mystery. If the citizens want good governance they must start to act right.

As a Muslim, the Holy prophet enjoins us to always act right. I have citizens of this countries collude with criminals to vandalize government properties and yet they would blame government for their own misfortune.

Trying so hard to lump Obi with Tinubu.
Typical mob mentality. Funny enough the growth of this nation comes from utilising our raw materials , which will benefit the North more than any region but trust religious/tribal sentiments to block the sense of those who most affected.
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by francis71: 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
This what our govt officials like... To be commission agents. Sell the oil, collect commission. Rebuy it again,get commission. Instead of opening the refinery at home to creat jobs for Nigerians, the prefer to creat it in Malaysia and come and tell us how much they love Nigeria.

IT'S WELL
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by ufotunang: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
starstaz:

27 yrs ( 7 world cups executed successfully by FIFA

42yrs ( 10 World cups and 10 Olympics executed successfully
...abi..i don tire for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by seuncyrus(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Obi is just like the rest nothing special to offer, at this stage of my understanding i can tell when someone is just gathering enough fans to when someone will actually perform. Obi will perform well in a government where there are lesser opposing forces but for this type of government, tinubu or atiku are ones that can make big moves and dare alot of opposing forces in government.

Tbh I've given this a thought too. I really like him and I think he's the the "best" out of the majory candidates that contested. But He was impeached because of the moves he made in this state. On state level oh . What will now happen at the federal level where majority are APC and PDP
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bentenny(m): 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're not being sincere. There is nothing like nothern masters. The game of politics is what tinubu played and we all understood.

You think i'm being unfair right?
Okay!

Who was the APC leader after Akande?

How come akande was able to call out Buhari but Tinubu could not?

How many terms did Buhari do?

Did Tinubu say that Buhari did well in security?
If Tinubu said so then it implied he was part and parcel of the failure because he had sold Buhari to us as the best thing since sliced bread and cannot be exonerated from blame!

It was so glaring from the first term that Buhari was a monumental disaster waiting to happen yet the same Tinubu aggressively campaigned for Buhari in 2019(second term) while refusing to call out Buhari for how he handled the security of the country esp the massacre that happened at a church in Ondo state and other states in the north!

All this was because he wanted to become president hence the only way to pander to the northern caliphate was to look the other way while Buhari divided and regionalized the country!

Yes Tinubu played the 'game of politics' to the detriment of his own people who were largely affected by the onslaught of the rampaging herdsmen in some communities in the SW which necessitated the creation of amutekun by the SW governors!

Fairness is being able to call a spade a spade not axe!
Tinubu was silent despite all the atrocities committed by Buhari simply because he didn't want to upset or anger his fulani masters who were loyal to Buhari!

Its that simple!
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by nomolos92: 12:21am On Sep 14, 2023
DeLaRue:
Importation will reduce by fire by force.

The current high inflation has reduced people's ability to purchase goods, particularly imported ones.

Demand for non-essential imports must already be falling drastically, and with crude oil price increasing, Nigeria's balance of payment will rebalance in favour of higher export earnings.

Making imports expensive by devaluing the naira, which is what the government has done is one of the most effective tools for achieving increased local production even though there are unfortunate downsides to that policy.

I think we finally have a clever government.

Go to any supermarket, you will see up to 10 different types of imported breakfast cereals, olive oil, this oil and that oil. Even imported can coke, and many more non-essential imports.

We can produce all the corn we need to make different breakfast cereals, but we don't. We have palm oil, groundnut oil etc, and there is nothing wrong with locally produced coke.

These are just few examples of non-essential imports that is killing the naira.

In the future, when we are producing more and the economy is in a better condition, may be these things can be imported.

For now, we can go back to eating yam, beans etc for breakfast. People did this in the past, it didn't kill them.

Yam, rice, garri, beans and other locally produced foods are not even affordable, this is a fuel driven economy and if we still import with our bastardized currency the inflation will keep rising.

As long as we're still importing fuel, your analysis is 100% balderdash
Re: We Buy Oil From Nigeria Refined It And Sell It Back To Them-a Singaporean Lady by bdon12: 12:27am On Sep 14, 2023
tophempire:

His Excellency will say "you're not an engineer" that's what he told Obasanjo

Lol na ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Owo Bandit Attack / Is Labour Party Sharing Rice? (Pictures) / Tam David-West Dies At 83

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.