Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt (28145 Views)

2023: Senators Scheming For Governorship Seats / Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by aminulive: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
Some disgruntled senators keen on impeaching Senate President Godswill Akpabio are also scheming to ‘destabilize’ President Bola Tinubu’s government, this newspaper can report authoritatively.

Reliable sources familiar with the grand scheme identified four Senators from the North, including two former Governors from the Northwest region, who are heavily committed to the plan.

In the past weeks, several meetings have been held by these Senators who are bent on ousting Akpabio, which is the ‘first phase’ of their plan.

Two of those meetings were held outside the country, this newspaper gathered.

According to sources in the National Assembly, Akpabio’s closeness to the President threatens the independence of the legislature and some lawmakers have frowned at that.

Some other Senators are still aggrieved about the emergence of the leadership of the National Assembly and the zoning arrangement adopted by the All Progressives Congress, APC.

“These people have not been pacified and are willing to do anything to make sure Akpabio is removed,” said a top official who does not want his name disclosed.

This newspaper also learnt that the aggrieved lawmakers have been meeting with other colleagues to win them over to their side in a bid to get enough votes for impeachment.

“Some lawmakers and Governors from the South are also in on the plan. Two lawmakers from Southwest have joined the group,” another source commented.

As of the last count, they have secured the support of ten Senators, while still expecting a positive feedback from many others.

Plan to destabilise

As part of the plan, these Northern Senators also hired Marabouts in Saudi Arabia to ‘pray’ and ‘lobby’ to create a 'situation' in the Nigerian Senate in order to change its leadership

Further Investigations showed that they are also making plans to make the Tinubu Government unpopular in the Northern region by employing services of armed non-state actors.

“This plot is being spearheaded by the senator from Bauchi who is the head of a major security committee in the senate,” a source privy to the plan confirmed.

He added that the lawmaker has also utilised this sensitive position to form alliances with violent non-state actors to create insurrections in the north with the goal of destabilising Tinubu's government.

“You noticed that reports of bandit killings and kidnappings have reduced. They are planning to resume their activities in full force,” the source disclosed.

All of these are attempts to force the President to negotiate with them and let them produce a new Senate President should they fail to get the majority votes needed to impeach Akpabio.

Floating new party

The aggrieved lawmakers, after removing Akpabio, agreed to float a new party that will rival the ruling APC.

According to sources, they have also concluded the registration of the party using some of their cronies who are outside of the APC. The new party, sources said, would exploit the weakness of the Tinubu-led administration to cede power back to the North in 2027.

Some of the Northern elites and businessmen have also committed resources to ensure that this happens in the 2027 general election, our reporter gathered.
https://politicsnigeria.com/senators-scheming-to-oust-akpabio-hire-marabouts-plot-to-destabilise-tinubus-govt/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by ecolime(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2023
Which scheming wan reach the last Presidential primaries? We all saw how it ended.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Themanleshey: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
It’s ok , we are watching them with eagle eyes.. 👀

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Laple0541(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
Enemies of the country; they will never succeed. Tinubu will complete his two terms and the country shall know his time for unprecedented growth and development.

Igba oko pelu ada toun ba oke leri, oodaju oke ni o bori gbogbo won.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Angelfrost(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
Senator Akpabio and co... Is this all you crooks came into office to do?!! To jostle and fight over power?!!

Since May 29, not one meaningful thing from a whole Nation's Parliament... Nothing!

They only rubber-stamped ministerial nominations, and embarked on a prolonged leave of absence at the expense of an economically dying nation.

Na wa o!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Eriggs: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Elinawhi929: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
Alright noted let see

2 Likes

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by lexy2014: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
aminulive:
https://politicsnigeria.com/senators-scheming-to-oust-akpabio-hire-marabouts-plot-to-destabilise-tinubus-govt/
Story story.

Even if that is what is in d works, it's just a ploy to get attention for greasing

3 Likes

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Racoon(m): 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
Every evil done deserves another evil turn. Fingers crossed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by WantsandMore: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
Interesting. Stay Scheming

1 Like

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by gaby(m): 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
Make the North complain, do their worse, then make we see wetin go happen next...make we kukuma dabaru the table wey dey stand on one leg since sef.

This might herald the restructure or collapse of the sheet called Nigeria.

I am beginning to like Tinubu for his boldness to make a statement that of course, two can play the game and kolo together at the same time.

Make we all mad together.

Tinubu is of course a cunning and street savvy man whom they made a mistake to allow get into the Presidency. He is the only one who can put them in their place for believing that they own Nigeria.

You see this news about a gang up to impeach Akpabio, take it with levity at your peril unless you don't understand Nigerian politics.

They are actively scheming to position one of them for the Senate Presidency such that should their be a surprise ruling at the Supreme court, one of them will be the President albeit for a maximum of 3 months until a new election is conducted. We all know what this portends in the Nigerian setup so, who would blame Tinubu for playing his game of blocking every possible loophole as a survival strategy. The worst case scenario, the Presidency will remain in the South even if he fails to retain it. The game loong and deep.

What happened to GEJ and his naivety of trying to seem like a good boy and a Mr. Pleaser to people who cared less about him? Tinubu learnt from all these and the MKO saga.

Tinubu, continue your clanish and nepotistic moves after all no be you start am.

To understand Tinubu's moves, Wike's Appointment and Akpabio's should be a pointer and this isn't sitting well with them but it is a game and he is playing it to the best of his ability.

The above is a plan B for BAT in case they think they can use their over-inflated support of block votes as a bargaining chip na to unite the SW and SS while hoping SE will see the game and join in.

War and politics aren't usually emotion-based.

Na survival of the fittest.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by humberjade: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
One of the reasons why I keep losing hope on Nigeria, no matter who the President is, or where he comes from, some evil men will be at a corner cooking how to ensure the sitting President fails so that they can profit in the next administration.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by KingKO22: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
That's how they mad us believed that 27 nothern governors are secretly working for Atiku.
They even mentioned that majority of SW senators prefer Atiku

But to our utter astonishment, Asiwaju even got more votes in North than what we expected

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by OneCandleAway(f): 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tinubu better carry your babalawo to aso rock cuz these northerners are always jittery when out of power. They've used insecurity to destabilise their region from. Attractive investors and its this power they always cling on to.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by CoolgraphixG: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2023

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by compoundC: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Share

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tinubu is a fraud. His government remains illegitimate.

1 Like

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Och77(m): 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2023
I just wish this is true, let's see how this pans out
Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by iammo(m): 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2023
cool

They think Tinubu is Jonathan

Tinubu controls the Media, if Northern Senators plot another insecurity, Tinubu would water them down using his media Arsenal

He already fired Generals not loyal to him leaving new fresh hands

His 10 out of 16 appointment is strictly his very close inner circle

22 Likes

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by PaulNwosu: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Cowards
Put out their names let them explain themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Quenncee: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Babatunde0la:
Please help me; I am dying of hunger.

With five hundred naira, I should be able to buy something to eat. I know that things are hard these days, but please help me.

All I need is four hundred naira to enable me to withdraw five hundred naira at the POS.

I have two hundred naira in my account. Access Bank: 166 90 88875 (my name is Tunde.)

May God continue to bless you and all users of this forum. Amen

I know many of us are also going through a hard time. I am begging because I have no other means.

I have done my best to work hard for money, but my strength is diminishing.

I do concrete work at sites but haven't been there since eight days ago because I am very sick.

Babatunde, make the hunger kill you there. Na your brother wey you vote for dey for aso rock.

I think say as him win you will automatically become rich?
Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by Femich18(m): 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Wahala
Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by PaulNwosu: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tinubu is not Jonathan or Buhari and these Senators are about to learn the hard way.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt by vickydevoka(m): 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
Babatunde0la:
Please help me; I am dying of hunger.

With five hundred naira, I should be able to buy something to eat. I know that things are hard these days, but please help me.

All I need is four hundred naira to enable me to withdraw five hundred naira at the POS.

I have two hundred naira in my account. Access Bank: 166 90 88875 (my name is Tunde.)

May God continue to bless you and all users of this forum. Amen

I know many of us are also going through a hard time. I am begging because I have no other means.

I have done my best to work hard for money, but my strength is diminishing.

I do concrete work at sites but haven't been there since eight days ago because I am very sick.
I would have given you 20k. But seeing your name , I can't and will never give some one from that side my one Naira

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Don Moen At Taiwo Odukoya's 60th Birthday Celebration / Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety / You Are Not The Only Voice Of Nigerians, Wait Till 2027 - Tinubu To NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.