Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,289 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents (7502 Views)

Zimbabwe Coup Updates: Robert Mugabe Seen Moving Through Harare / Zimbabwe Crises Is Like A Military Coup - AU / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by afrobadoo: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2023
Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents

In the ever-shifting sands of Niger’s political landscape, ominous whispers of counter-coups are becoming increasingly hard to ignore. As tensions escalate, a deep-rooted struggle for power and influence reveals itself, with various factions positioning themselves amidst the growing instability.

A clandestine source, wishing to remain unidentified for security reasons, has shed light on some concerning developments within the nation. According to the source, there has been a significant reshuffling of members within the National Guard, hinting at possible preparations for unforeseen developments on the political horizon. The constant movement of personnel is raising alarms, adding a new layer of complexity and uncertainty to the already tense atmosphere in Niger.

At the heart of this turbulence is General Tchiani, who has reportedly ensconced himself within the Presidential Palace, refusing to leave its confines. This seclusion suggests a strategic consolidation of power, or possibly the anticipation of an imminent threat. Adding fuel to the speculative fire is Tchiani’s reported preparations for a military intervention by CEDEAO, a move that hints at the broader regional implications of the unfolding drama.

Meanwhile, two prominent factions are emerging, fiercely critical of Tchiani’s actions and seemingly aligning with foreign influences. First, the “Americans,” comprising Modi, Barmou, and Mama Sani Kiaou, are asserting their stance openly, aligning closely with the United States and utilizing its influence to challenge Tchiani’s reign. Their public denouncements of Tchiani are creating ripples in Niger’s political circles, presenting a formidable opposition to the General’s regime.

Conversely, another faction seems to be fostering ties with French authorities, Accroding to counter insurgency expert in Nigeria Zagazola as evidenced by a covert meeting facilitated by General Salaou Barmou in Zinder. This gathering, which included top French officers stationed at the base in Chad, poses troubling questions about the extent of foreign involvement in Niger’s internal affairs. Barmou’s motivations and the objectives of this clandestine meeting remain shrouded in mystery, adding a dangerous element of unpredictability to the unfolding narrative.

As Niger stands on the precipice of potential upheaval, the unfolding events cast a long shadow over the nation’s future. The looming question now is – what do these shifting allegiances and shadow movements signify for Niger? As factions jostle for power and foreign influences make their presence felt, the path ahead seems fraught with danger and uncertainty.

In these turbulent times, the citizens of Niger and the global community watch with bated breath, hoping for a peaceful resolution, even as the undercurrents of political turmoil threaten to engulf the nation in chaos. The intricate web of alliances, rivalries, and foreign interventions is weaving a complex tale of a nation grappling with its destiny, a narrative that the world hopes will eventually lead to stability and peace for Niger.
https://www.theustimes.com/unveiling-nigers-political-undercurrents/

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Rico96(m): 5:17am On Sep 19, 2023
Nigeria should just go to war since they can't seize power... very weak military

1 Like

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Zenikit222: 5:18am On Sep 19, 2023
Tough men
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Toredola: 5:20am On Sep 19, 2023
I just this coup leads to their stability and peace
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:21am On Sep 19, 2023
as threats of military intervention don fail...ecowas/ebola wan use propaganda & fake news to restore Bazoum. jokers! what happened to their 7days ultimatum?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by speaktome(m): 5:21am On Sep 19, 2023
Enemies within

1 Like

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by FreedomArmy: 5:22am On Sep 19, 2023
Lagos ibadan fake news. Nigeriens have decided to free themselves from French neocolonialism. We should leave them alone and focus on the zoo rising food insecurity.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by dele1727: 5:22am On Sep 19, 2023
Africa's curse....sell your brothers to the highest bidder....for the good of yourself and your personal family

5 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Highways: 5:22am On Sep 19, 2023
It's well
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by kingthreat(m): 5:23am On Sep 19, 2023
This is how you counter a coup. Make internal enemies of the current junta and use them to frustrate the government. Hence, the coup is unable to fulfil its obligations to the people and become unpopular till they leave power.
Not saying you want to invade a sovereign country. That was a very silly thought.

13 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Picw: 5:26am On Sep 19, 2023
undecided
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by iammo(m): 5:26am On Sep 19, 2023
cool

We told them but they won't listen

A soldier that left barrack's to commit Coup, and now live in Presidential Palace controlling billions would never relinquish power back to civilians

You don't want to sell your resources to France and Europe,

Yet Communist Russia and China are the people you want to trust with your resources

19 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by TongueTwista(m): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2023
iammo:
cool

A soldier that left barrack's to commit Coup, and now live in Presidential Palace controlling billions would never relinquish power back to civilians

Yet Communist Russia and China are the people you want to trust with your resources

Some of una sha!

Thread is talking about the possibility of factions with varying interests amidst the military order and your comment is facing backwards addressing something entirely unrelated to the subject matter.

Na wa!

9 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Wisereborn: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2023
afrobadoo:
In the ever-shifting sands of Niger’s political landscape, ominous whispers of counter-coups are becoming increasingly hard to ignore

Lamba

These people are united because of the love they have for their country. They have removed the puppet called president, selling out his country men undecided

They will not hand over to a similar person who will continue where the ousted president stopped undecided these ones are determined not to labour in vain smiley

The counter-coup would have been very easy in Nigeria because of their love for money above all things, humans inclusive undecided

They are not Nigeria that kills their own citizens in broad daylight and bury them without repercussions all because of money and power undecided

So make una rest! This militarized government are going nowhere!!!

4 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by iammo(m): 5:33am On Sep 19, 2023
TongueTwista:

Some of una sha!

Thread is talking about the possibility of factions with varying interests amidst the military order and your comment is facing backwards addressing something entirely unrelated to the subject matter.

Na wa!

That is why Nairaland is a discussion forum for broad conversation... Try and use Reddit and Quora to understand how forum discussion boards works

Or do you see me question you when you put that very annoying song dedication on your thread and comment?!

I don't question you because it's a forum and you have the liberty

10 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by Phred1717: 5:36am On Sep 19, 2023
Take back your country and run it your way
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by mejetov422: 5:39am On Sep 19, 2023
The coup is really working for them, the Nigeria government play during the coup have made them to see us as a toothless bulldog.

We cut all our supply, thinking they will beg. But rather it makes them strong. Now we can't do anything but using fake propaganda to deceive the gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by LordGuru1: 5:39am On Sep 19, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by TongueTwista(m): 5:40am On Sep 19, 2023
iammo:

That is why Nairaland is a discussion forum for broad conversation... Try and use Reddit and Quora to understand how forum discussion boards works

Or do you see me question you when you put that very annoying song dedication on your thread and comment?!

I don't question you because it's a forum and you have the liberty

I don't do any of that song dedication nonsense. That's the recalcitrant behaviour of that supporter of APC nigga, TemplarLandry.

I use Quora and people hardly comment off tangent. Issues are addressed roundly. There's nothing in this thread that made reference to power transition from the military to a civilian administration. That you found it audacious to comment in that direction and even seek to justify it, leaves the mind swirling in wild circles.

4 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by BarrElChapo(m): 5:41am On Sep 19, 2023
🤔
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by iammo(m): 5:43am On Sep 19, 2023
TongueTwista:

I don't do any of that song dedication nonsense. That's the recalcitrant behaviour of that supporter of APC nigga, TemplarLandry.

I use Quora and people hardly comment off tangent. Issues are addressed roundly. There's nothing in this thread that made reference to power transition from the military to a civilian administration. That you found it audacious to comment in that direction and even seek to justify it, leaves the mind swirling in wild circles.

I think if you were any wise, after diplomatically asking you to mind your own business and make your own comment without castigating mine, if you push on with whatever silly idea or agenda of causing nuisance this morning, it might squarely back fire on you, because I won't hesitate to put you in your place

So I suggest you mind your business and never you tell anyone how to exercise their freedom of speech and expression

4 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by TongueTwista(m): 5:48am On Sep 19, 2023
iammo:

I think if you were any wise, after diplomatically asking you to mind your own business and make your own comment without castigating mine, if you push on with whatever silly idea or agenda of causing nuisance this morning, it my squarely back fire on you, because I won't hesitate to put you in your place

So I suggest you mind your business and never you tell anyone how to exercise their freedom of speech and expression

This one opened a nairaland account with the uncouth mindset that brandishing threats should be a yardstick to inspire fear..😂.

Oga, go and exhibit your totalitarian idea of freedom of speech in your father's sitting room. Learn to keep your contributions within the confines of the subject matter. Don't derail threads with your sinister motives then issue warnings when you're called to order. Do I look like that teenager you're shagging?

E dey warn me! See person! E dey talk voice dey shake, you wan cry?

4 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by maticar: 6:05am On Sep 19, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
as threats of military intervention don fail...ecowas/ebola wan use propaganda & fake news to restore Bazoum. jokers! what happened to their 7days ultimatum?
😂
Useless ultimatum
Useless regional body
Useless drug baron leader

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by TongueTwista(m): 6:07am On Sep 19, 2023
iammo:

You know what... I am having a great morning and you obviously woke up very bitter terrible and incoherent

Please kindly stop qouting me, look for your fellow riff raffs to banter with

Thanks as you comply

It is the irony for me..😂.

Nigga be talking about incoherence. You clearly have very limited knowledge of what that concept is, cause if you did, a swift mirror glance would have given you a lucid explanation.

Mah allow you loiter small for nairaland, before you begin cry.

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by maticar: 6:11am On Sep 19, 2023
iammo:
cool

Talking offpoint like that offpoint clown.

Who is we?
As in do you matter in the scheme of things concerning nigeriêns and how they run their country?

😂 😂
They can sell their resources to the devil if they want, how is that your business for God's sake?

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by ObiORBiafra: 6:24am On Sep 19, 2023
If you are not democratically elected forget it. Days of military dictatorship is gone. If you are that popular then contest the election if not build alliances. You can't just seize a country in 2023.

5 Likes

Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by tefund(m): 7:18am On Sep 19, 2023
afrobadoo:
Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents

Coup begets more coup.
Re: Coup: Unveiling Niger’s Political Undercurrents by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Moskow - This Is How The Boss Of All Bosses Rolls. / Trump Sent CNN Reporter Out Of The Oval Office Over ShitHole Countries(Photos) / Queen Elizabeth II Calls For Unity Ahead Of Brexit In 2018 Christmas Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.