Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,782 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Truth You Learnt As An Adult - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truth You Learnt As An Adult (37316 Views)

What Lesson Have You Learnt From Women? / 3 Important Relationship Lessons I Wish I Learnt As A Young Man / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Pooly: 11:24am On Sep 24, 2023
this life na all man for him self

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by samsard(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2023
JonCina:
Tinubu WILL be the President of Nigeria for the next 4years!
Nothing in life is promised. Not for me, not for you, not for Tinubu. Some things are "likely" but certainly not fixed reality. It's one thing I remember to keep me humble.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by occfx: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2023
WarrenP:
FAMILY IS NOT ALWAYS FAMILY

I just got to know this after marriage. Didn't believe it's the hard truth.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by GUNITGuy: 11:26am On Sep 24, 2023
You're only as valuable to people and society based on the contribution you make to them

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Say Nigeria get money but the people are suffering!

9 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by SeriouslySense(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2023
learned Africans are their problems, and we can solve it, by being better.
Books are good, and the application of knowledge is more important than having so much knowledge, abstract thinking is undervalued. smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by occfx: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2023
obinna58:
People will want to help you when it’s of no use to you anymore, they’ll try to give you what you have already achieved, they’ll show concerns at the point it doesn’t matter,benefit you.

They’ll deny you food when you’re hungry/starved and try to feed you when you’re full

They’ll bully, terrorize and show you plenty of wickedness at your lowest point but start preaching morality at your peak level

You’ll be castigated, insulted at your worst times but be praised at your best times.

I just screenshot this

10 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by FireUpNow(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2023
Trusting people when it comes to money is so hard and women are the greatest liars

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by mukthar2000(m): 11:29am On Sep 24, 2023
Don't tell anybody ur good side to make them stay, tell them ur worst side and see who stay.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by ayenika1: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2023
Stay positive always and be self reliant..

Man no be God.

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by bewise24: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2023
THAT MEN ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HIGH RATE OF FAILED MARRIAGES AND THE ATTENDANT DECADENCE.

I 'm writing/opposing a motion which says that FEMINISM HAS DONE MORE HARM THAN GOOD. Pls send me useful material (if any). Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2023
I only ate out on Friday, I didn't cook anything in the house and my house is clean..I started feeling unwell in the evening of that same day.
dingbang:
its because your house is dirty.

5 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Obainomilano: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2023
You are truly on your own in time of sorrow

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2023
Church, mostly pentecostal Churches are business organizations.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by AgentGoat: 11:33am On Sep 24, 2023
Don't give up after a failure. Giving up is equal to complete loss. Building on the failed experience is 50% close to achieving your dream. This means, starting over again is not actually starting over again. This is what i have learn about life so far.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Eezyboy2: 11:33am On Sep 24, 2023
Christianity is not a religion but a life style designed to give you success and long life... just think about it... everything we regret in life as an adult could have been avoided if only we lived as true Christians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2023
Thanks, I feel a lot better today... smiley smiley smiley
greenermodels:
sorry o, make I free you today from my usual wahala. Get well quick.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by A305: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2023
blingxx:
Drake once said more money more problem" money can't really take away your problems, get used to your problem because it's part you, IT IS WHAT IT IS
it was Fabulous B.I.G who first said it.

Rip Biggy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Babypal: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2023
WarrenP:
FAMILY IS NOT ALWAYS FAMILY

This is so true

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Caleycash(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2023
DND069:
There is no KARMA. Evil people prevail, even their generations still excel.
This is what I'm looking for!, all those BS about Karma are all scam!

5 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by SeriouslySense(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2023
hmm

Please as a parent encourage your child to learn something useful especially what they are good at, education and skills are more expensive than ignorance, hmm

Teach them to be useful please, instead of looking for human sacrifices, okay tur. grin grin grin

is that culture, what happened to the brain kwoi.

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by hssd8nland: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What’s the hardest truth you have learnt as an adult?
You would learn one reality "NOBODY REALY CARES".

7 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by jerrymej(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2023
It's a total waste of time to explain yourself to people 😞

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Caleycash(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2023
obinna58:
People will want to help you when it’s of no use to you anymore, they’ll try to give you what you have already achieved, they’ll show concerns at the point it doesn’t matter,benefit you.

They’ll deny you food when you’re hungry/starved and try to feed you when you’re full

They’ll bully, terrorize and show you plenty of wickedness at your lowest point but start preaching morality at your peak level

You’ll be castigated, insulted at your worst times but be praised at your best times.

Alot of people are scam 💯

7 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by phemmyfour: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Challenges are inevitable no matter what you do or did not do

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Phoenix873: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2023
Our most painful experiences often teaches us our biggest lessons.

Sometimes, all you need to bring you back to your senses and teach you invaluable lessons is disappointintment or a romantic heartbreak.
If those don't give you a reality check and makes you wiser, nothing else will and you are destined to come to this world to suffer.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Ademola121(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2023
I’ve learned many hard truths that cost me a lot. I will share some of them FREE because I know a lot of people will NEVER take them serious or even pay them attention because of the same reasons listed below…….

1. Life is a joke. The more you take it serious, the more it laughs at you. The more you laugh at life, the more it takes you serious.

Entertainers and comedians see life from this perspective

2. Life is not fair. You have to take risks that are within the ambits of the law to get lucky. Then use the little little luck you get to improve your life.

School dropouts who face their life head on by venturing into business and investments see life from this perspective

3. Safety first! Not taking this cost me a lot I won’t wish on my friends. Whatever you want to do in life, protect yourself. Seek caution. At least be conscious of the risks and look for ways to mitigate or plan your exit strategy.

4. All man for himself, God for all. When all the chips are down, you are on your own. Get used to the mentality of taking care of yourself first because everybody has that responsibility and they are aware you should take it as your responsibility to take care of yourself also.

5. Good friends do not change. Bad friends do not change. As you go on in life, DO ALL YOU CAN TO KEEP GOOD FRIENDS AND DO ALL YOU CAN TO KEEP AWAYS FROM BAD ONES.

Ensure you also add value to your good friends

6. Life is all about value. The more valuable you are as a human being, the more you will enjoy this world. IN ALL THAT YOU DO, ADD MORE AND MORE VALUE TO YOURSELF

7. Life is a zero sum. Life is two faced. Positive and negative.. As you are learning to know God, don’t deceive yourself as to not to want to know how the devil also works. The more you know about the adversary and it’s antics, THE MORE YOU WILL GET CLOSER TO THE SAVIOUR.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by DOINGS2022: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2023
[quote author=CaveAdullam post=125966061]1. Talk is cheap, action is hard.

2. The majority of humans clamor for freedom. But the price of freedom and individual sovereignty is an expensive price to pay. This makes people settle for mediocre lives, mediocre jobs, and mediocre relationships.

3. Refusal to do the important things with joy when young will be done in shame when old.

4. Don't castigate what you don't understand. Because in few years you may become a partner with it.

5. Humans are altruistic as well as selfish. The side you find them on any day is dependent on their mood.

When situations are light, the altruistic side shines. When it becomes a matter of survival, which is the commonest mode, selfishness goes overboard.

6. If you don't have solid principles you'll be tossed to and fro by every wind that blows.

7. It becomes harder to remain focused and consistent as you age. Because your mind is scattered along many terrains.

8. Hard work is important. But to rise from top to bottom, you'll need a helping hand.

9. It takes one person to change your life for good. Hence, be vigilant with everyone you come across.

Don't squander time and interactions with good and powerful people.

10. Nothing goes for free in this life. If you have nothing of value to exchange nobody will treat you with respect.

11. Instead of begging someone for help, see how you can help them. In doing so, you protect your reputation and dignity. And nobody can shame you for working to earn.

12. Anything right and good your mind is prompting you to do now, do it. Don't postpone it. That's where your fulfillment lies.

13. Stay aloof from people who fail to reciprocate kind gestures.

Reciprocation doesn't need to be equal. At least they should be trusted enough to side with you when you are at the low.

14. If you want to see the burgeoning of good behavior, good deeds, and luminous character, reward people who effuse it.

15. Learn to think in 2, 3, 4... dimensions. Your first and best plan may fail. But having other strategies and options will help you when things become tough.

16. Don't depend on promises and favors. Without it, you'll survive. So, why then have you suspended your survival hoping for it?

17. Disappointment is part of life. You must be prepared and wait for it. This is not pessimism. It's just a little handbook of wisdom.

18. Never fail to express your love to people who love you. Your friends and families. Acting strange with them makes you less than lower animals.

19. Wolves are always in the raiment of sheep. Being a sheep draws them close as they arrive to feast on you. Being a wolverine yourself makes them fear you.

Occupy the paradox as an adult.

[/quote: These are words of wisdom and I have learnt alot from it. Thank you CaveAdulam and the OP who came up with this topic.

5 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by frankson1(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2023
Chingyyy878:

No matter how you manage, the money will still finish one way or the other cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by SeriouslySense(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2023
Keep the good ones smiley smiley
Ademola121:
I’ve learned many hard truths that cost me a lot. I will share some of them FREE because I know a lot of people will NEVER take them serious or even pay them attention because of the same reasons listed below…….

1. Life is a joke. The more you take it serious, the more it laughs at you. The more you laugh at life, the more it takes you serious.

Entertainers and comedians see life from this perspective

2. Life is not fair. You have to take risks that are within the ambits of the law to get lucky. Then use the little little luck you get to improve your life.

School dropouts who face their life head on by venturing into business and investments see life from this perspective

3. Safety first! Not taking this cost me a lot I won’t wish on my friends. Whatever you want to do in life, protect yourself. Seek caution. At least be conscious of the risks and look for ways to mitigate or plan your exit strategy.

4. All man for himself, God for all. When all the chips are down, you are on your own. Get used to the mentality of taking care of yourself first because everybody has that responsibility and they are aware you should take it as your responsibility to take care of yourself also.

5. Good friends do not change. Bad friends do not change. As you go on in life, DO ALL YOU CAN TO KEEP GOOD FRIENDS AND DO ALL YOU CAN TO KEEP AWAYS FROM BAD ONES.

Ensure you also add value to your good friends

6. Life is all about value. The more valuable you are as a human being, the more you will enjoy this world. IN ALL THAT YOU DO, ADD MORE AND MORE VALUE TO YOURSELF

7. Life is a zero sum. Life is two faced. Positive and negative.. As you are learning to know God, don’t deceive yourself as to not to want to know how the devil also works. The more you know about the adversary and it’s antics, THE MORE YOU WILL GET CLOSER TO THE SAVIOUR.

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by frankson1(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

Bitter truth
That the reason why slave trade lasted for so many years and all the slave owners are doing well in live today.

My great-grandfather was into slave trade business and his descendants are all doing great cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by olaztek(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2023
For this life, whether you're rich or poor, life go give you wotowoto.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Can I Scope A Lady The Very First Time I Meet Her On The Way: / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Same Spot He Met Her 5years Ago / If A Man Dates You For a year or more And latter Dumps You,check Yourself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.