Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Benefits Of Being Single - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Benefits Of Being Single (19895 Views)

My 70-Year-Old Grandmother Engaged After 20 Years Of Being Single - Twitter User / I Am Tired Of Being Single / Lady Tired Of Being Single Accepts Proposal From Her Imaginary Boyfriend (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:
See ehhh for me personally at this stage of my life I don't think there is any benefit for me being single. I'm 31yrs old and my life cycle is only work, church and house. Most times weekend I just find reasons to go to work so that I don't feel bored.
■ I have friends who are married so it shrinks my cycle because they spend more time with their family.
My case is even worse because I don't even go out, I neither drink, club or even go anywhere. It's just me moving from room to parlour like that all day.
■ I crave for a family, I am sick and tired of being a bachelor, I want to see my kids like e dey hungry me.
I have been single for too long and see no benefit of being single anymore.
1. You have more time on your hand at 31, meaning you have more time to explore interests you may have had even during your younger years. undecided

2. Then consider going out to clubs, and making new friends with interests that may Meld with yours or eve join meet up so you can partner with like-minded individuals. If you are a loner, there are online hangouts to explore, book clubs to help get you inspired, etc. undecided

3. Creating a family is not the solution to boredom or loneliness. Ask your many friends who you claim are in marriage to be honest with you about this. There are many in marriage who are lonely and bored. Many resort to taking on sidechicks and visiting prostitutes for that very reason but that hole is harder to fill with pleasures that are external to the mind of the individual experiencing it. You need to discover you and what you are for if you plan to beat boredom and loneliness. Else, like majority, you only go on passing the buck until they both overwhelm you for good. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Olawade24: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
porthouse7:
Marriage is scam, if you have to do it at 55yrs for companion sake
Why do you say so? How about 40.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Premiumbuy(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Tell us
for the broke guys the little money you are making won't be splitted with an oww
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by porthouse7(f): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Olawade24:

Why do you say so? How about 40.
enjoy ur life till 55yrs, marriage will fraustrate you, u will age faster cos of marriage, and 80% fact is men die b4 woman in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Laurene: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:
See ehhh for me personally at this stage of my life I don't think there is any benefit for me being single.

I'm 31yrs old and my life cycle is only work, church and house. Most times weekend I just find reasons to go to work so that I don't feel bored.

I have friends who are married so it shrinks my cycle because they spend more time with their family.

My case is even worse because I don't even go out, I neither drink, club or even go anywhere.

It's just me moving from room to parlour like that all day.

I crave for a family, I am sick and tired of being a bachelor, I want to see my kids like e dey hungry me.

Then why are you still single?
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Mexyz(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:
See ehhh for me personally at this stage of my life I don't think there is any benefit for me being single.

I'm 31yrs old and my life cycle is only work, church and house. Most times weekend I just find reasons to go to work so that I don't feel bored.

I have friends who are married so it shrinks my cycle because they spend more time with their family.

My case is even worse because I don't even go out, I neither drink, club or even go anywhere.

I crave for a family, I am sick and tired of being a bachelor, I want to see my kids like e dey hungry me.

This is me here, you even have work to go to on weekends, I don't because we are not given access to the Office on weekends unless with the approval of your head of unit or a higher authority.(Due to the nature of the sector am in)

The only thing helping me now is that my job involves lots of traveling (one month in Lagos, one month in another state) but you see that month am in Lagos, na boredom everywhere.
Not easy.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by bigiyaro(m): 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
yinmu

Benefits of being single
-no in-law drama, madness or expectations from spouse and children
You can sleep anytime you want and wake up anytime you want your money is your money
You can fvck whenever you want
You can decide whatever about your life without anybodys consent or validation
You can decide to cook anytime you want or eat out anytime you want
Nobody is controlling your time, movement or money and no one's telling you what to do
You enjoy more quiet time
No putting up with anything you don't like just to keep the peace since you stay alone
all these are the symptoms of a social retard.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by SAMBARRY: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
bigiyaro:
single status SHA dey pain you grin

Pele dear.you go dey alright cheesy

Meanwhile go wash the dishes and lay the bed before Mr husband comes o so Una no go argue Taya this night grin
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Anonymoususher: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mexyz:

This is me here, you even have work to go to on weekends, I don't because we are not given access to the Office on weekends unless with the approval of your head of unit or a higher authority.(Due to the nature of the sector am in)

The only thing helping me now is that my job involves lots of traveling (one month in Lagos, one month in another state) but you see that month am in Lagos, na boredom everywhere.
Not easy.

The thing is depressing. Me I am so tired.

I seriously want to settle down but...
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Anonymoususher: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Laurene:

You won't understand
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by bigiyaro(m): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
single status SHA dey pain you grin

Pele dear.you go dey alright cheesy

Meanwhile go wash the dishes and lay the bed before Mr husband comes o so Una no go argue Taya this night grin
grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Anonymoususher: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You have more time on your hand at 31, meaning you have more time to explore interests you may have had even during your younger years. undecided

2. Then consider going out to clubs, and making new friends with interests that may Meld with yours or eve join meet up so you can partner with like-minded individuals. If you are a loner, there are online hangouts to explore, book clubs to help get you inspired, etc. undecided

3. Creating a family is not the solution to boredom or loneliness. Ask your many friends who you claim are in marriage to be honest with you about this. There are many in marriage who are lonely and bored. Many resort to taking on sidechicks and visiting prostitutes for that very reason but that hole is harder to fill with pleasures that are external to the mind of the individual experiencing them. You need to discover you and what you are for if you plan to beat boredom and loneliness. Else, like majority, you only go on passing the buck until they both overwhelm you for good. undecided

I. Understand what you are saying. For clubs, I hate noisy places, even in church most times I stay faraway from the speakers. Smell of a beer makes me throw up so club is out of it.

My issue now is not about hanging out, my mind and soul is prepared for marriage. I don't know if you get.

You know that burning desire you get when you cross to next phase of life. That is the phase I am in now
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Anonymoususher: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
okerekingsley90:

Honestly I felt this!!!! Pray then position yourself to look for a responsible lady. It is your sole responsibility search for a good lady. Work and put efforts you would be blessed with a good lady if you do what is right. There are still marriageble ladies in Nigeria. Be responsible!!!. Good luck

Thanks for this. Yes I am on it, in no time it will be settled
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mexyz:
■ This is me here, you even have work to go to on weekends, I don't because we are not given access to the Office on weekends unless with the approval of your head of unit or a higher authority.(Due to the nature of the sector am in)

Not easy.
Starting a family is not cure for boredom. Neither is it cure for loneliness. Your heart/mind lacks stimulation in both cases and the best kind you can give it is the kind that would reward you in the end. Even something as small as starting a vegetable garden in your backyard or doing volunteer work or even joining a neighborhood soccer club is better way to fight boredom and loneliness than marriage. Marriage is not a cure for loneliness nor boredom. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:
■ I. Understand what you are saying. For clubs, I hate noisy places, even in church most times I stay faraway from the speakers. Smell of a beer makes me throw up so club is out of it.
My issue now is not about hanging out, my mind and soul is prepared for marriage. I don't know if you get. ■ You know that burning desire you get when you cross to next phase of life. That is the phase I am in now
The reason you have given here for marriage are boredom and loneliness. Those are both not good reasons to enter into a marriage at. They are terrible reasons to do so. undecided

2. That burning desire you describe are simply the chemicals in your brain pushing you to do something and you locked in on marriage as the something you chose to do. Those chemicals can't reason for you as their job is simply to motivate you to do something, anything to ease the discomfort in your mind, the boredom and loneliness. It's up to you to apply intelligence.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by lendahand(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Princeton92:
I sleep well at night and manage my financial crisis alone.
cry
grin God will lift us out of crisis in Jesus name...

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
bigiyaro:
Far from it! undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Laurene:
Seriously? What he described is considered as a form of mental illness.... yes, boredom and loneliness are illnesses of the mind that even those who are married and surrounded by big families can and do suffer from. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Bluearrow: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
Wotowotoman:

Oga if you were not lonely you won’t be on Nairaland 247 at the age of 50 bantering with children. Your mates are not here on Nairaland..and if they come, they read and go. This forum is full of teenagers and lazy youths. Guy, you are very lonely jor angry
Kobojunkie is a lady

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Merry100:
You have more time to focus on your personal growth and plan for your future.
Personal growth... something most young people overlook in their rush to grow up and get married. Look around and you find so many immature parents and grandparents.... people who never took time out to work on personal growth —emotional and mental kind in particular. undecided

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by LONEWOLFJOHN: 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Goodlyhrt:
Very few benefits I must say. For one you are accountable to no one circa less responsibility.

I kind of enjoy being alone when I am broke.. One mouth to feed and shii.. Less resources to go round so it's wise I don't involve any other person.
great benefits.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Melagros(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
parkervero:
Suffering and smiling.

Pretense

Broke inside rich outside.

Peace of mind

Chop alone die alone

Lol grin grin
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by zoeymikey(f): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:

I'm single and ready to mingle.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Wotowotoman: 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Bluearrow:

Kobojunkie is a lady

Abajo. Very lonely and depressed old woman wey don expire…
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Positiveme2020: 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllKnowing:
I remember seeing this particular comment on Instagram. It went thus:

When you comot for relationship, e go be like say kidnapper release you.”

I don laugh tire. Nigeria wahala

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by lendahand(m): 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
exactly!

So if you are not going to financially support or help in any way why giving the unsolicited advice.so the bottom line is if you are not going to help the person, don't give unsolicited advice.its disgusting and intrusive.

I remember one of our church members was trying to throw a jab at me and she asked me "why are you not married" and I said why are you not pregnant since your years in marriage.ahe got the message,for offended and I didn't give a fvck
grin grin below the belt. Reminds me of "he who lives in a glass house shouldn't play with stones" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Ohis1802: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
How about sexual urge? Hope konji no go kill person last last or just to do soapy!! Lol.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ohis1802:
How about sexual urge? Hope konji no go kill person last last or just to do soapy!! Lol.
If you are not able to discipline yourself as a single, do you think marriage will do magic? Self-control and self-discipline are great attributes to have both as a single and even as a married. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Theama(m): 7:05am On Sep 24, 2023
FitCorper:

We are not talking about God here of cos God is supreme. But one on one, I’ve seen so many violent and aggressive men become calm, I mean extremely calm since the got a significant other.

Lol... Feminine touch, that's true Sha.

But let's not also forget honestly speaking there are also people (both gender involved) who became aggressive and depressed after getting in/out of a relationship. Some commiting suicide, some wanting revenge/punish whoever they get with next.

I think this is your point and mine meets:
The thing ehn is that a relationship may make a person better or worse than when they came in, it can be a nature-changing factor, but it's not the ultimate or only factor for change. (e.g some people calming after anger management classes.) You get?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FitCorper: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Theama:

Lol... Feminine touch, that's true Sha.

But let's not also forget honestly speaking there are also people (both gender involved) who became aggressive and depressed after getting in/out of a relationship. Some commiting suicide, some wanting revenge/punish whoever they get with next.

I think this is your point and mine meets:
The thing ehn is that a relationship may make a person better or worse than when they came in, it can be a nature-changing factor, but it's not the ultimate or only factor for change. (e.g some people calming after anger management classes.) You get?
I quite agree with you baba. You have spoken well, I pray we all find the right fit for us boss. Happy Sunday!
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by talented321: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2023
When you don't have money to give ur girl, you begin explain what you are passing through, your challenges and financial status to her so that it would not sound like you are stingy or lazy..
But when you are alone, your problems are best known to you because you don't have anybody billing u..
Johnaisales:

On point. Although i no understand No 5

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is This A Legit Reason For Being Single? / Dear Nigerian/black Beautiful Women / Yes, I'm Proudly A Small Girl With A Big God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.