Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Benefits Of Being Single - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Benefits Of Being Single (19892 Views)

My 70-Year-Old Grandmother Engaged After 20 Years Of Being Single - Twitter User / I Am Tired Of Being Single / Lady Tired Of Being Single Accepts Proposal From Her Imaginary Boyfriend (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by maasoap(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2023
Merry100:
You have more time to focus on your personal growth and plan for your future.
You have more money because you have fewer expenses.
You have more freedom to make your own decisions without having to consider anyone else.
You have less stress and more time to socialize and enjoy yourself because you don't have to worry about a partner or children.

Loneliness awaits you at the end of your up and down. Go and ask the elders who took the issue of companionship for granted.
Imagine yourself at 50 years old living in a flat and always welcomed by empty rooms! Your depression is still doing press-up. grin grin grin
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by maasoap(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2023
AllKnowing:
I remember seeing this particular comment on Instagram. It went thus:

β€œWhen you comot for relationship, e go be like say kidnapper release you.”
Kinda true initially until you begin thirsty for another relationship. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Boyjaco: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2023
Masturbation will be your hobby πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by maasoap(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2023
GeneralPula:
You see this life, regardless of how you spin it, there will always be 2 sides..

You're single, you'll pay the price..
You're dating, you'll pay the price..

You have a car, you'll pay the price..
You don't have a car, you'll pay the price..

You get married, you'll pay the price..
You don't get married, you'll still pay the price..

You working, you'll pay the price..
You have no job, you'll still pay the price..
Thank you. Individuals just need to choose their poison
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by maasoap(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
The growth I have experienced since I dated the last Nigerian girl is massive.i was able to save and achieved a lot of things.
May be the next time you go into relationship with "Nigerian girl", do it with your brain. Know what you want and stand by it
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Exceed15: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2023
Freedom from marriage torture.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Merry100: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2023
maasoap:

Loneliness awaits you at the end of your up and down. Go and ask the elders who took the issue of companionship for granted.
Imagine yourself at 50 years old living in a flat and always welcomed by empty rooms! Your depression is still doing press-up. grin grin grin
I asked the elders who rushed into marriage without proper planning about their experiences. Some said they were lucky enough (they emphasized the word "lucky) to marry a responsible man, but others had bitter tales to tell. Some said they are just enduring a toxic marriage, some said they are living a frustrated life, some are divorced and some didn't even live to tell the tales.

Everything in life is a risk, but it is better to take calculated risks. There are other ways to have kids o. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2023
maasoap:
β–  Loneliness awaits you at the end of your up and down. Go and ask the elders who took the issue of companionship for granted.
Loneliness is a mental illness that even those married and surrounded by a big family are prone to experiencing. No matter how many people you surround yourself with, you can still remain lonely. So the solutionisn't external -- getting married or having kids -- but of internal resolve. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by maasoap(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Loneliness is a mental illness that even those married and surrounded by a big family are prone to experiencing. No matter how many people you surround yourself with, you can still remain lonely. So the solutionisn't external -- getting married or having kids -- but of internal resolve. undecided
Is this the product of your own thinking or what? I think you are mistaking depression in this case for loneliness, you need to understand these two different words and where and how to use them.
Depression is more internal trouble while loneliness is more of external problem.
"Alone" = "loneliness".
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
maasoap:
Is this the product of your own thinking or what? I think you are mistaking depression in this case for loneliness, you need to understand these two different words and where and how to use them. Depression is more internal trouble while loneliness is more of external problem. "Alone" = "loneliness".
Loneliness is a major symptom of depression, yes! undecided

To be alone is not the same as suffering loneliness. Loneliness is a mental problem that needs resolving. Aloneness is simply just that, aloneness. There are people who enjoy their time alone and prefer it too. There is no problem attached to that at all. But when you are lonely, it means you are struggling with a problem that needs resolving. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
THERE'S NOTHING SWEETER THAN BEING SINGLE AND HAVING GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

CHASTITY AND HOLINESS
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
FRANKOSKI:
THERE'S NOTHING SWEETER THAN BEING SINGLE AND HAVING GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

CHASTITY AND HOLINESS
What has chastity to do with holiness? Why do you folks like to muddle the meaning of words? undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Rossycares(f): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Focus on Ur self, avoid unnecessary dramers.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Versal: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Plenty advantage. Think of anything. Its an advantage.
I wonder the advantage of getting married undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Versal: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
illicit:
You can spend more on yourself

I am tired of being single tho

Now I hate sleeping alone πŸ›Œ

🀦
You are a bad company to yourself then.
Address that.
No carry need enter relationship.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by placeofallure(f): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
I'm not condemning 'singlehood' but everything in life has its merits and demerits.

I receive proposal for more businesses lately. This means more money of course, about 3 times what I earn now. In this present economy, many people wouldn't hesitate to latch unto such opportunity but you won't believe I'm dilly-dallying with the offer, why? Marriage. My oga doesn't want me to go all out, he wants attention, "the house needs me" that's his opinion. He's not far from the truth though.

Mind you, I don't regret being married one bit. My husband has been good and true to the promises he made years back. Somehow, we have built mutual trust, love and companionship that one could hardly survive without the other.

To the singles, if your marriage is healthy, you will understand what I'm saying in due course. There are times I'm sick in my body and I just need my husband's touch to feel better. I just ask him to touch the problem area, maybe my head or stomach or back. I don't know what's in the touch, but it's soothing. After a while, I sleep off, relieved!
Don't let all the negative stories here and there bamboozle you into shunning marriage. Just marry rightly and you will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by illicit(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
Versal:

You are a bad company to yourself then.
Address that.
No carry need enter relationship.

What are u saying

πŸ₯΄
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
placeofallure:
β–  I'm not condemning 'singlehood' but everything in life has its merits and demerits. I receive proposal for more businesses lately. This means more money of course, about 3 times what I earn now. In this present economy, many people wouldn't hesitate to latch unto such opportunity but you won't believe I'm dilly-dallying with the offer, why? Marriage. My oga doesn't want me to go all out, he wants attention, "the house needs me" that's his opinion. He's not far from the truth though. Mind you, I don't regret being married one bit. My husband has been good and true to the promises he made years back. Somehow, we have built mutual trust, love and companionship that one could hardly survive without the other.
β–  To the singles, if your marriage is healthy, you will understand what I'm saying in due course. There are times I'm sick in my body and I just need my husband's touch to feel better. I just ask him to touch the problem area, maybe my head or stomach or back. After a while, I sleep off, relieved! Don't let all the negative stories here and there bamboozle you into shunning marriage. Just marry rightly and you will be fine.
1. Do you receive these so-called proposals BECAUSE you are married or simply because you have a service that these people require? Mutual love means you give up a lot of proposals for the sake of marriage. Or that you content yourself with these so-called promises that he made you and has supposedly kept? undecided

2. Or you could simply take a pill and the pain and aches are all gone... no more. I don't believe it is wise to tell people to sign on for the burden that is marriage in order that they can have a hand to touch them when they are ill in order for the pain to magically go away as you described. There are many in marriages right now who are sick and no amount of touching can help their condition because they are weighed down by so many burdens no thanks to the union. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by placeofallure(f): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Do you receive these so-called proposals BECAUSE you are married or simply because you have a service that these people require? Mutual love means you give up a lot of proposals for the sake of marriage. Or that you content yourself with these so-called promises that he made you and has supposedly kept? undecided

2. Or you could simply take a pill and the pain and aches are all gone... no more. I don't believe it is wise to tell people to sign on for the burden that is marriage in order that they can have a hand to touch them when they are ill in order for the pain to magically go away as you described. There are many in marriages right now who are sick and no amount of touching can help their condition because they are weighed down by so many burdens no thanks to the union. undecided

Believe whatever! I don't have the energy Biko. I've learnt to avoid you like a plague. Whenever you see my moniker too, please, reverse.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Versal: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
illicit:

What are u saying

πŸ₯΄
Reduce your needs before you enter any relationship.
Don't go and bore somebori child with your needs.
Enter relationship to share, not to bore with your needs
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
placeofallure:
β–  Believe whatever! I don't have the energy Biko. I've learnt to avoid you like a plague. Whenever you see my moniker too, please, reverse.
***Yawn*** undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by illicit(m): 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
Versal:

Reduce your needs before you enter any relationship.
Don't go and bore somebori child with your needs.
Enter relationship to share, not to bore with your needs

What are the needs

I didn't mention any need(s)

I just said being single has tired me

I no longer enjoy sleeping alone
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Versal: 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
illicit:

What are the needs

I didn't mention any need(s)

I just said being single has tired me

I no longer enjoy sleeping alone
How do you understand English Language?

You said singlehood have tired you and you need someone to be sleeping with.
Are these not needs?

Are you not supposed to live alone? Were you born with somebori?
Or was somebori birthed for you?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by illicit(m): 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
Versal:

How do you understand English Language?

You said singlehood have tired you and you need someone to be sleeping with.
Are these not needs?

Are you not supposed to live alone? Were you born with somebori?
Or was somebori birthed for you?

I don't even understand you one bit

Why did God gave Adam, Eve

He looked and saw that it's no good that man should be alone

Why do you think people marry?

How is that even needs That needs to be reduced.... Reduced to what?

πŸ₯΄
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
illicit:
I don't even understand you one bit. Why did God gave Adam, Eve. He looked and saw that it's no good that man should be alone. Why do you think people marry?
Adam was ALONE β€” he was the only human being in existence at the timeβ€”, the only man who has ever been ALONE on the planet, mind you. You are not Adam but a hor_ny pigeon! undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by illicit(m): 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Adam was ALONE β€” he was the only human being in existence at the timeβ€”, the only man who has ever been ALONE on the planet, mind you. You are not Adam but a hor_ny pigeon! undecided

If being a hor_ny pigeon is why people marry

Then I am not unusual
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
illicit:
β–  If being a Hot pigeon is why people marry Then I am not unusual
I am fine with whatever bloody reasons you give yourself there just do not compare yourself ignorantly to Adam is all. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by illicit(m): 11:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am fine with whatever bloody reasons you give yourself there just do not compare yourself ignorantly to Adam is all. undecided

I am the only man alive presently

πŸ₯΄πŸ€•
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Versal: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2023
illicit:

I don't even understand you one bit

Why did God gave Adam, Eve

He looked and saw that it's no good that man should be alone

Why do you think people marry?

How is that even needs That needs to be reduced.... Reduced to what?

πŸ₯΄
God gave Adam to who?
Adults making historicity outta folktales grin grin grin grin

Oga, go and handle your business.
Stop looking for someone's child to labour
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What has chastity to do with holiness? Why do you folks like to muddle the meaning of words? undecided

REFRAINING FROM SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IS PRACTICE OF HOLINESS. DON'T YOU KNOW ?
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by DonroxyII: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
placeofallure:

Believe whatever! I don't have the energy Biko. I've learnt to avoid you like a plague. Whenever you see my moniker too, please, reverse.
grin ... Na Only Someone on Fresh Smoke from Osogbo fit handle Kobojunkie ...

Makes me remember "Musiwa" Back in the Days On Nairaland, E tey before I know na Yabaleft Escapee I dey argue with .... Fresh Mad People everytime ...
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by placeofallure(f): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
DonroxyII:
grin ... Na Only Someone on Fresh Smoke from Osogbo fit handle Kobojunkie ...

Makes me remember "Musiwa" Back in the Days On Nairaland, E tey before I know na Yabaleft Escapee I dey argue with .... Fresh Mad People everytime ...

It's like this one's area of specialty is going about looking for people to taunt. I get craze too on a good day; just that these days, I'll rather chase after tangible, worthwhile ventures than pay mind to that luckless troll.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dear Nigerian/black Beautiful Women / Is This A Legit Reason For Being Single? / Yes, I'm Proudly A Small Girl With A Big God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.