Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found (1253 Views)

Lagos Assembly Speaker Visits Woman Whose Husband Flee Over 3rd Time Twins (Pic) / Baba Suwe Loses N25M NDLEA Damages Suit / Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by bilymuse: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
[size=20pt]Baba Suwe excretes again, yet no drug found[/size]

| Print | E-mail
Written by Shola Adekola and Sade Oguntola
Wednesday, 19 October 2011
THE popular Yoruba actor, Babatunde Omidina, also known as Baba Suwe, has made his third excretion but still without any hard drug found.

Baba Suwe, who is spending his ninth day in the custody of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on his way to Paris, France, last Wednesday on the suspicion of ingesting drug.

The actor had earlier made two excretions without any trace of drug, even as it continued to detain him in its custody, on the excuse that due process needed to be followed.

According to the media officer of the NDLEA, Mitchelle Ofoyeju, Baba Suwe would still remain in the custody under observation.

“I can confirm that Baba Suwe is still under observation. He excreted for the third time last night and no drug was found. But he remains under observation.

“It will not end at the third excretion, because it depends on body composition. For some people, it takes more time, more excretions. It really depends on the body of each individual,” he said.

Meanwhile, experts have raised concern over claims by the NDLEA that Baba Suwe had excreted three times in seven days without a trace of hard drugs in his stool.

A consultant paediatric surgeon, Dr Taiwo Lawal, said if by the seventh day Baba Suwe was yet to pass any trace of hard drug, there was the reason to doubt the initial claim of the agency.

According to him, there was really nothing suspicious in a person using the toilet twice in seven days, since the time lag between passage of waste varied.

Dr Lawal said what would have been worrying was if the ace comedian did not use the toilet during his seven days sojourn with the NDLEA, adding that if there was any hard drug on him, by now he must have started showing symptoms.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/29895-baba-suwe-excretes-again-yet-no-drug-found
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by playmode(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
This is really demeaning but i guess if Baba Suwe plays his cards right ,he will become a very rich man.Imagine this happening in the USA. Chai , i go chop your dollar! grin
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
playmode:

This is really demeaning but i guess if Baba Suwe plays his cards right ,he will become a very rich man.Imagine this happening in the USA. Chai , i go chop your dollar! grin

I feel sorry for him already, I think his rights are being abused. Is it possible to ingest drugs for so long and still keep it inside?
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by seanet02: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
sorry o adimeru
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by paragonpro: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
NDLEA - very daft people. They should know that swallowed hard drugs cannot remain intact in a stomach for more than 48hrs, the capsules containing the drug would have been dissolved by gastric juices in the stomach and the drug would have killed Baba Suwe by now.

To expect him to excrete the drug after 7 days, - That is ridiculous.

I hope baba suwe had contacted his lawyers, he is a potentially very rich man.
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by danjohn: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2011
These people have debased this man's dignity.
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by 1luvkipsus: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2011
Black magic don go hide d drug 4 d man body.i fear dis pple.imagine d scanning machine & ndlea lieing so cheaply.yoruba!
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by Pukkah: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^^Read over what you wrote again and see if you would be proud of every word if the post was put on network news.
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by Pukkah: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
Every passing day that Baba Suwe spends in detention subjects the NDLEA to ridicule which further exposes the soft underbelly of the way Nigeria works.

Even if the agency declares tomorrow that it has found something, such a declaration will be greeted with doubts and sceptism on which Baba Suwe can ride to wriggle out or make it messy. It is worse for them if nothing is found at the end of the day. Head or tail, NDLEA loses on this one.
Re: Baba Suwe Excretes 3rd Time; No Drug Found by payme(m): 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
"The arrest of Nollywood comic actor, Babatunde Omidina over hard drug is the latest gist in town at the moment. The widower who was arrested on his way to Paris a fortnight ago, was said to have excreted over 16 pellets of cocaine last night while a large quantity is still lodged in his abdomen.

If you recall, this same offence was committed by Baba Suwe about two years now but he had his way out of the situation and called it 'mere rumour' but it's so obvious now that what he tagged as rumour then is now a reality.

Baba Suwe, has since then been crying like a baby and pleading for forgiveness but all his pleas are to no avail. While serious investigation is going on to know how he came about it, some top marketers are alleged to be busy inducing officials of NDLEA with huge bribe to get him out of the dragnet."
Performers be careful what u dabble into

(1) (Reply)

Abdul Adelekan Of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Was Declared Winner In Mende / Where Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu? / Body Of Woman Clutching Dead Baby Recovered At Crash Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.