Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! (14363 Views)

My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. / Here Are 6 Signs Your Ex Wants You Back / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by lizzy4u: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2007
HaHa
what is the meaning of this.

i thought he has forgotten you for good 9 Months,now he wants to call back.

well dont let me say that cos i dont really know wat he wants to say.

baby just let him come, since he didnt ask you to come, so let him come

so as to know wat he want to say ok.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Gmoney5(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2007
@poster,

Allowing him to come over for a chat/lunch does not seem sensible IF you are not trying to get back. Anything he wants to talk about can be done on phone and if that doesn't work with him, he should keep the gist to himself then. You said he doesn't want to talk on phone. How does that concern you? What if you don't want to talk in person too? You certainly don't need to see him. What will your current dude think of your ex traveling from outta state just to 'talk'. Regular chaps don't make such trips just for peace or to tender apologies, such trips are targeted at comebacks. So if you are not game for that, just say no.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by olanajim(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2007
Henchbench, you said it all.

Doyin13, I feel you. Hope Babeelove had not gone out of control?

@poster, you have got the best advice already. Only you can solve the remaining riddles.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by olanajim(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2007
Lizzy4u, point of correction: it is not realistic to think couples with bitter or sweat past relationship would forget one another just because they are seperated. For good or bad reason, memory lingers.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by adekennis(m): 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2007
@G money
is this Adeoye Ganiu?
just asking.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Gmoney5(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2007
@adekennis

Nope. C'est ne pas. Ko le se se.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Rubbermaid(f): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2007
what ex wants
what ex wants
what ex wants
vs
what the poster wants
what the poster wants
what the poster wants

vs
what current boyfriend wants

She should tell us what she wants.

Maybe she wants to hear his sweet raps so she can squeeze his balls and go for blood [aka revenge]
Maybe she wants to hear his sweet raps so she can sleep at night knowing that she has two options [aka greed, indecisiveness, cheating]
Maybe she wants to hear OUR words of advice so she can feel like she is really in a dilemma "oh my, I am confused" - she says in a tiny voice then faints.

*Nonsense*
Only Pinkttea knows what she wants - the past or present. I bet you the present will be past if he hears of a secret meeting with the ex.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mafolayomi(f): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2007
ok, take for instance, you both starts again and after some time he bleeps up big time this time arround how will you

feel? very very painful my dear talking from experience. open your eyes girl dont even go near him atall do not give him

the feeling that you are still available, be faithful with yr new guy, he may start suspecting you unnecessarly. tell him off  you can talk anything on phone let him no you cannot make it PERIOD
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Gmoney5(m): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Rubbermaid ,

Well said!! I think present can become ex if care is not taken!
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by jericho: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2007
Pink tea,

My advice to you is that you let him come for the lunch and then stand him up. Just dont go for the lunch.

I bet he wont call u back ever.

There is no point in opening old wounds. If u say u hav a good relationship now stay  there and resist all forms of temptation.

Sorry to be crude but "na small s**t dey stain yansh"

A word is enuf for the wise.

jericho
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Rubbermaid(f): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2007
Don't mind all these confused shildrenses
he he he grin

G-money do you know why I am laughing?
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by cuteass1(f): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2007
G-money:

@Rubbermaid ,

Well said!! I think present can become ex if care is not taken!

Exactly why i advised that if for any reason, she considers going for the meet-up, her new boyfriend should be informed before-hand, not afterwards. And if after a long talk, he doesnt find it ok, then she should say a "polite no" to her ex . . simple as that, some things are more important than others.

jericho:

Pink tea,

My advice to you is that you let him come for the lunch and then stand him up. Just don't go for the lunch.

I bet he wont call u back ever.

There is no point in opening old wounds. If u say u hav a good relationship now stay  there and resist all forms of temptation.

Sorry to be crude but "na small s**t dey stain yansh"

A word is enough for the wise.

jericho

Fair analysis, but i prefer her saying "no" to the meeting than standing him up. The past has to pass for the present to be, they went their seperate ways 9months ago, she's happy where she's at now, now i see no reason why she should be cruel to him before making her stand known, taking revenge now will only seem as if she's still bitter whch she doesnt sound to be. A "no, i can't meet with you" should do.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by soty(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2007
well girl, u said ur relationship was not about sex.dat means u can hold up ur end if u both meet.BUT im more concerned wit d reaction of ur new boyfriend.
i believe ur should let him(new boyfriend) know to cover ur end if he agrees,ok.if he don't theres nothing dat urgent he shud tell u on fone
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by obyann(f): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2007
Please inform your present guy and go ahead to have lunch with ur ex guy. Make sure your present guy will protect you that day.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Mabullet: 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2007
He wants just a talk over lunch, is thats all?, Hes a foregone issue, so stop letting those ideas run thru your head.

Do u really think, he wants you back?, If he really wants you back sincerely, he wouldnt ve asked for that opportunity.He would ve gone further than that, Its just one call baby

He only made one call, and thats all, not twice.Dont give him the go ahead.

or else wink wink wink wink lipsrsealed
let ur new boyfriend know about this?
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Rubbermaid(f): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2007
Maybe he wants to tell her he is HIV positive and she should check herself **just kidding** grin

I AM SO SICK OF HEARING WHAT HE WANTS cheesy cheesy

We are such a catering society. The only thing that should matter is WHAT SHE WANTS as the outcome of this phone call/request/meeting.

If she wants him back then she knows what to do
If she does not want to jeopardize her current relationship then she knows what to do
If she wants to eat 'lunch' with him, wipe her mouth and then pretend she never ate anything then she knows what to do

It's all about WHAT SHE WANTS.

This game of being confused is so yesterday sad
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by joey22(f): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2007
@ poster

i think it is not right to see him especially if he is the kind you once had strong feelings for.i have an ex who i try very hard to fight.i melt if he calls me so i can't even take the risk of having a discussion with him over lunch. dat would mean killing me.if you are vulnerable like me towards him, tell him no but if he insist, tell him it would have to be a lunch for 3
you, your ex and the new guy.dat would really put him in his place and he will know you are NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by pinkttea(f): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2007
@mafolayomi
who said anytime about starting again, start what if i may ask?

@Rubbermaid

if i decide to have this lunch, it will be out of curiosity
does that sound comfused to u child!

@cute_ass

thanks girl
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by dollyfil(f): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2007
Pinktea

u cant be 100% sure of wat ur ex has to say so i'll advice u talk to your present boyfriend about your conversation with your ex. if he(ur present boyfriend) says it's ok for u to go, dn u can go but be careful cos if ur ex was ur first luv u might not be able to resist him. On the other hand if ur present boyfriend says u shouldnt go, then pls dont go, but tell ur ex u wont show up so he should discuss wtever over the phone.

Be open about the whole situation. wink
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by pssword: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Poster

Put yourself in your guy's shoes. If the scenario happened to your guy, would you want him to go? If your answer is yes, then I guess your conscience is clear, just inform him. But if your answer is no and you sneak off to see him without informing your dude, then it's a form of cheating - not so?
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Rubbermaid(f): 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2007
pinkttea:

@mafolayomi
who said anytime about starting again, start what if i may ask?

@Rubbermaid

if i decide to have this lunch, it will be out of curiosity
does that sound comfused to u child!

Nope, you deciding to have lunch with your ex does not sound comfused to me.
Confusion is more that you don't know what to decide - but hey, what's important is that having weighed the potential outcome, you do what you want.
Good luck.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mekoyo(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
Just be cool and have a nice time.

ehhhhh i'm not advicing you to go o.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Gmoney5(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Rubbermaid,

i sure can guess why you are laughing.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Rubbermaid(f): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2007
give me a clue grin
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by BlackMamba(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2007
You still want him. If you have truly moved on like you want us to believe, you wont bother seeking advice on an internet forum. I'm sorry for your present guy.If only he knows how you truly feel. But, who cares. You have to do you.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by tommyex(m): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2007
ANYTHING U ALL LIKE U CAN SAY!

1 THING I AM COCK-SURE OF IS THAT WHEN THEY MEET SOMETHINGS WILL HAPPEN THAT WILL LEAD TO ANOTHER THING,

JUST GIVE US THE GIST COS U LL LOVE THE EXPERIENCE

ITS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE THE 20'S
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by mariejane(f): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2007
if u know dat wat u have now is 4  real i would advise dat u dont keep dat lunch date, he is called an ex because he is in your past, 4 crying out loud where has he been 4 d past 9 months? in as much as no one can decide 4 u, i would suggest you think about this very well an pray too,real hard
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by LongOne1(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2007
Girl c'mon, thats the oldest rick in the book, he probably just wants to GIVE IT TO U ONE MORE TIME. It happened to me once, i had a girl i really cared about and stupidly i didnt have sex with her, after SHE broke upwith me, my motivation was strictly for revenge to rear that rubber(virgin), i havent yet suceeded but when i do i'll let you know.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Gmoney5(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Rubbermaid,

you are either laughing at the confusion or pretense of the poster or at the fact that we said same thing in different ways or,
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Rubbermaid(f): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2007
No, I 'm laughing because I believe we are actually very good friends in the real world. No wonder we make sense cheesy

I took a good guess from your favorite scripture, your location, and G-money. By the way, I go be like you one day o.

Hints:
You got a generic email from me today. Corporate world. I go slap them for you. My momsie makes wicked efo. Thornton. New House. PM. Ok, I stop here. grin

Nothing dey shake. Ssshhh. Good to see u here grin

I have a meeting in an hour but I'll call or send a txt later.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Gmoney5(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2007
My dearest PMP!!! Na you be that? Small word o. You be real correct person jare. How runs now. anyway, u get my id.
Re: My Ex Wants To Have Lunch And A Talk! by Kemjisuper(m): 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Poster

If you're emotionally strong enough, then go for the "lunch and talk" and make pretty sure you stick to the plan! On the contrary, if you're not so sure of your emotions, please forget it - you could end up losing a good thing or breaking some heart (did I mention that the broken heart could indeed be yours?)

A word is enough for the wise, I think we've seen more than a million "one word" so far on this forum.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hubby Fertility Test / UBUNJA''s MISEDUCATION:4 Things About Women That Only Players Know. / Y Do Yoruba Girls Have Big Ass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.