Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! (4556 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? Muslim View Point / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? A Nairalander's Lamentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Enigma(m): 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2011
I am a member of the Church. smiley

cool
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2011
Pastor AIO:

So what do you suggest?  That he never open another thread ever again?  Because whatever thread he opens you can bet that he has a motive for opening it.  Is his every motive necessarily evil simply because he is 'a false prophet'?

He can open a thousand threads 24/7 , I have no qualms.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Joagbaje(m): 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
frosbel:

Considering that this article was started by a false prophet who believes that Christians and Muslims worship the same GOD, who called himself a god and spreads the prosperity poisonous gospel all over nairaland like a virus, my guess is he has an ulterior motive for opening this article.

I just don't trust the guy !!

Pride is your problem. It's not about me. It's about what the bible teaches. You can call me any name you want. Thats your opinion which you should know doesn't count. If you won't take the correction because it came from Joagbaje. You should take it because that's what the bible teaches. A humble man you take the scripture for what it says.

There's no ulterior motive . All the attacks on other religions and counter attacks on Christianity Does not glorify God. You are in error in this . I have mentioned it to you before  And you should take correction. Except you're telling me that you don't have their salvation in mind.  There is an attitude for a soul winner according to scriptures .

2 Timothy 2:24-26
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

Pride is your problem. It's not about me. It's about what the bible teaches. You can call me any name you want. Thats your opinion which you should know doesn't count. If you won't take the correction because it came from Joagbaje. You should take it because that's what the bible teaches. A humble man you take the scripture for what it says.

There's no ulterior motive . All the attacks on other religions and counter attacks on Christianity Does not glorify God. [/b]You are in error in this . I have mentioned it to you before  And you should take correction. Except you're telling me that you don't have their salvation in mind.  There is an attitude for a soul winner according to scriptures .

[b]2 Timothy 2:24-26

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

1.In an earlier comment I admitted to sometimes using a harsh tone for which i take correction. It has always bothered me how I went on a rampage in the ISLAM section exposing ISLAM for what it is , but if you notice I have not been there for months, so much that I have forgotten what the sites looks like. grin

2. Catholicism is also a false doctrine, and we are told to expose darkness . Would you rather I tell the TRUTH or pretend that worshipping MARY and Dead saints is valid as a Christian doctrine. Of course not.

I am sorry harsh tone yes I agree, but exposing false doctrine will never stop as far as many of you keep spreading false messages here .

Adieu Bro grin
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Azibalua(f): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
Enigma:

I am a member of the Church. smiley
cool
Sorry let me help,am interested in this issue.
What's the name of your local assembly?
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Joagbaje(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
frosbel:

1.In an earlier comment I admitted to sometimes using a harsh tone for which i take correction. It has always bothered me how I went on a rampage in the ISLAM section exposing ISLAM for what it is , but if you notice I have not been there for months, so much that I have forgotten what the sites looks like.  grin

2.  Catholicism is also a false doctrine, and we are told to expose darkness . Would you rather I tell the TRUTH or pretend that worshipping MARY and Dead saints is valid as a Christian doctrine. Of course not.

There Is a biblical way for truth to be communicated . And I have heard you talk about soul winning etc. Thats why I'm concerned. If it's other people like enigma and co ,I may not bother. Because they won't understand. If must communicate Jesus to the world there is a bible way that's all.

I am sorry harsh tone yes I agree, but exposing false doctrine will never stop as far as many of you keep spreading false messages here .

Fine, if you feel I preach false doctrine. Simply take me up on it. You still don't have to abuse me. Show me where I'm wrong by scriuptures  and be patient to hear my view. Let truth prevail.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Joagbaje(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
Azibalua:

I can tell he doesn't go to any church. Can people like him be under a pastor? grin. Maybe I'm wrong. I will really be glad to be wrong.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Azibalua(f): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
Newmi said
,l get the point, no one can be won to Christ through argument or offence-driven criticism notwithstanding though this is not to insinuate that there is no room for sincere exchange of knowledge and constructive criticism within the radius of love and mutual respect.

I wish a lot more folks will take out time to discover for themselves the meaning of this word.

Joagbaje:

I can tell he doesn't go to any church. Can people like him be under a pastor? grin. Maybe I'm wrong. I will really be glad to be wrong.

We will soon find out he normally responds very fast.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Enigma(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
Jobalua/Azibagbaje (being both one and the same person, often anyway)

I have actually discussed the issue of my "local assembly" before, you know. In any event, I will do so again on one condition --- you answer either one of the two following questions,

A. Where did Oyakhilome get his PhD from?

OR

B. Who ordained Oyakhilome?

cool
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by dare2think: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
I agree with your notion Jo,

And I don't agree with you a lot, but I commend you for this,

However we must expose fraudulent, manipulative or destructive individuals regardless of their faith especially within one's own faith.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
i dont understand joagbaje's point. Christ stirred up so much hate that He was crucified in place of a detestable robber. Was He wrong?
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Azibalua(f): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
Enigma:

Jobalua/Azibagbaje (being both one and the same person, often anyway)
I have actually discussed the issue of my "local assembly" before, you know. In any event, I will do so again on one condition --- you answer either one of the two following questions,
A. Where did Oyakhilome get his PhD from?
OR
B. Who ordained Oyakhilome?
cool
Free123DNAEnigma
Were you not taught not to answer a question with another ?
Just answer the question it's simple enough
Or are you going to disappoint some people
Eewo
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Joagbaje(m): 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2011
davidylan:

i dont understand joagbaje's point. Christ stirred up so much hate that He was crucified in place of a detestable robber. Was He wrong?

He was hated , but he didn't hate. He cursed not.

1 Peter 2:23
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

He was hated , but he didn't hate. He cursed not.

1 Peter 2:23
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

You must be confused because i wasnt asking that question.

You said and i quote - You're missing the point. Evangelism is not a defence of faith. Defence of faith is within the church. But what we owe other religion and faiths is the gospel. You cannot win people to christ by attacking them. You only stir up hate. The gospel is Gods love to man.

Not only did Christ CLEARLY and OPENLY attack the hypocrisy of the pharisees and Saducees, He also stirred up hate merely by healing the sick and raising the dead . . . should the mere fact that Christ was so hated He was crucified be the litmus test for whether our approach is right or wrong?

Besides, your flawed position here is a subtle slide towards apostasy and the eventual "we all serve the same god" lukewarmness that is gradually descending on the church. The new ecumenical system where we all consider ourselves one and the same under one universal nameless Gawd.
What we owe other faiths is the gospel, but the gospel itself is AN AFFRONT to other religions that OPENLY DENY that Jesus Christ is LORD! How can you get around that? How can you preach salvation to a muslim without stirring up hate?
Even the bible says Christ didnt come to spread peace on earth but a SWORD! You cant preach the gospel and expect no push back or hate . . . the gospels made that very clear that men will hate you for preaching the word. What is this new strain of ecumenism now sweeping the so-called church?
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by PastorAIO: 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2011
davidylan:

You must be confused because i wasnt asking that question.

You said and i quote - You're missing the point. Evangelism is not a defence of faith. Defence of faith is within the church. But what we owe other religion and faiths is the gospel. You cannot win people to christ by attacking them. You only stir up hate. The gospel is Gods love to man.

Not only did Christ CLEARLY and OPENLY attack the hypocrisy of the pharisees and Saducees, He also stirred up hate merely by healing the sick and raising the dead . . . should the mere fact that Christ was so hated He was crucified be the litmus test for whether our approach is right or wrong?

You miss Joe's point.  Jesus practiced the same religion as the pharisees and the Sadducees.  Jesus did not attack Jupiter or the religion of the Greeks, nor the roman worship of Mars, or the religion of the Persians etc etc

critising and admonishing people of your own faith is not what he is talking about. He is talking about going to attack people of another religion.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2011
Pastor AIO:

You miss Joe's point.  Jesus practiced the same religion as the pharisees and the Sadducees.  Jesus did not attack Jupiter or the religion of the Greeks, nor the roman worship of Mars, or the religion of the Persians etc etc

critising and admonishing people of your own faith is not what he is talking about. He is talking about going to attack people of another religion.

I stopped reading at the highlighted point. Clearly you dont know what you are talking about. No point responding beyond that.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by mabell: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
Azibalua:

Local assembly ke!
He probably sits and knocks his head on the floor everytime
maybe thats why he is the way he is
kpo! kpo!! kpo!!!
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by inedi: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
A man that is on a mision and is busy winning souls for Christ, will not have time for criticism, for his master Jesus has instructed him to work while it is day, for a time cometh when no man can work again. A Christian that criticizes other is only exhibiting one thing (pride) he now has right to criticizes other because he is better. Why can't you leave them to there faith, and concentrate on the work that you have to work. To the pure all thing are pure
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by mabell: 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2011
Pastor AIO:

He is talking about going to attack people of another religion.

see why people should write WAEC themselves
As simple as this statement it, some still don't understand it
sad
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
mabell:

see why people should write WAEC themselves
As simple as this statement it, some still don't understand it
sad

Quite daft because it seems you didnt even read yourself . . .

This is what Pastor AIO send in ignorance - He is talking about going to attack people of another religion.

This is what i said in response to joagbaje - Not only did Christ CLEARLY and OPENLY attack the hypocrisy of the pharisees and Saducees, He also stirred up hate merely by healing the sick and raising the dead . . . should the mere fact that Christ was so hated He was crucified be the litmus test for whether our approach is right or wrong?

Besides, your flawed position here is a subtle slide towards apostasy and the eventual "we all serve the same god" lukewarmness that is gradually descending on the church. The new ecumenical system where we all consider ourselves one and the same under one universal nameless Gawd.
[size=13pt]What we owe other faiths is the gospel, but the gospel itself is AN AFFRONT to other religions that OPENLY DENY that Jesus Christ is LORD! How can you get around that? How can you preach salvation to a muslim without stirring up hate?[/size]
Even the bible says Christ didnt come to spread peace on earth but a SWORD! You cant preach the gospel and expect no push back or hate . . . the gospels made that very clear that men will hate you for preaching the word. What is this new strain of ecumenism now sweeping the so-called church?

I dont know, maybe you both need new reading glasses.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by PastorAIO: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2011
davidylan:

I stopped reading at the highlighted point. Clearly you dont know what you are talking about. No point responding beyond that.

Hahhh! pele o!
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by mabell: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
davidylan:

Quite daft because it seems you didnt even read yourself . . .

I dont know, maybe you both need new reading glasses.

yawns!
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Azibalua(f): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
Mabell
Which glasses were you using before that you need new ones now,
Try these
cool
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
inedi:

A man that is on a mision and is busy winning souls for Christ, will not have time for criticism, for his master Jesus has instructed him to work while it is day, for a time cometh when no man can work again. A Christian that criticizes other is only exhibiting one thing (pride) he now has right to criticizes other because he is better. Why can't you leave them to there faith, and concentrate on the work that you have to work. To the pure all thing are pure

Winning souls and leaving them to be devoured by the many fake MOG in Christendom today is not biblical. Read your bible again.

Jude, Peter , Paul and even Christ were constantly against false prophets , teachers and wolves who misled the sheep.

Some false doctrines I have had the misfortune to read on this forum are literally damaging to the spiritual well being of multitudes.

While I am generally open to correction , exposing falsehood in the Christian church is healthy to the body of Christ.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by mabell: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2011
Azibalua:

Mabell
Which glasses were you using before that you need new ones now,
Try these
cool

just frames but i'll try yours
thnks
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by mabell: 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
frosbel:

Winning souls and leaving them to be devoured by the many fake MOG in Christendom today is not biblical. Read your bible again.

who should the leave them to, you!?!
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
mabell:

who should the leave them to, you!?!

grin grin

Sorry I am not a pastor , I do not wish to be one, I am not seeking a following , God forbid !

I am Simpy here to engage in debate and exposition of truth and rejection of falsehood.

You are the one promoting the name it and claim it false gospel , promoting fake men of God like TB Joshua and co who preach diabolical messages that have nothing to do with Christ Jesus.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by inedi: 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
A man on a mision does not have time for criticism, a christian  most be busy doing the work that his master has sent him, which is winning souls. For he must work while it is day, for a time cometh when no man will work. Criticism is always a show of pride, because they feel they are better than others, why not leave every body to his own faith, and if you know the truth, then communicate it in love. To the pure all things are pure.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
inedi:

A man on a mision does not have time for criticism, a christian  most be busy doing the work that his master has sent him, which is winning souls. For he must work while it is day, for a time cometh when no man will work. Criticism is always a show of pride, because they feel they are better than others, why not leave every body to his own faith, and if you know the truth, then communicate it in love. To the pure all things are pure.

and leave them for the wolves to devour , right grin

I can see you are a Christ Embassy Fan !!
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by inedi: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by inedi: 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
Mr frosbel, so you are the one that God has anointed to the people from wolves, why not go and be the deliverer of Israel.
Re: Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! by inedi: 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
Am very special fan of Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ / This Man Met And Spent Four Nights With The Devil / Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.