Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,642 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) (38019 Views)

Gadhafi's Family To Sue Nato ? / Moammar Gadhafi Is Truly Dead. Proof In 3 Gruesome Videos / Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sunofgod(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2011
al-qaeda:

an inter-tribal war will now take over libya. just like iraq. for some1 to rule his people for so long with an iron fist, means they can only be ruled in that manner. what gaddafi did to his people in 42 yrs with an iron fist is happening in 9ja also but in a democratic way. he put libya on tha map. petrol was selling for only 22naira a liter. steady light. beautiful roads in the desert. roads that u cant even find in the best of nigerian cities. a steady economy. what more could they ask for. they will surely regret this. western nations using people to destroy themselves. the west will soon collapse. global power is shifting. it was obvious at the last un meeting on syria. welldone to russia and china for seeing who the west really are.

Thank you,

The middle east is being purposely distabilised for a reason - Divide and conquer!!!

The NTC are being used and screwed by the west - and they dont even know it.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2011
playmode:

Monkey ,why don't you do it here.You must feel so important asking someone to open a thread to challenge you.I am not queer so i don't know why you think i would have any interest in creating a thread for you.That is an extremely childish request and it shows that you still have the mind of a child.You know my username now,we will engage soon on real topics and we will see how much of an intellectual "butcher" you are.

On this topic though ,you have failed miserably to say anything intelligent or do you think bursting into a debate and cursing makes you an intellectual.

I doubt you know the meaning of the word.Imagine going on a live Tv debate and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is : You bloody cretin

eroko jati jati!

You are a mooron!

Open a fresh thread where arguments will not be sunk in a popular thread.

Open one and state why Gaddaffi was a good leader, let me suya you intellectually.

I dare you.

Fooool!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by lindabon: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
[b]i thought when someone dies, people use the line "may his soul rest in peace", first before anything,

Well, MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE!  cry cry cry

First, Gaddafi should have bowed out of his seat long ago. It was not fair for him to want to rule forever. . .
Secondly, The rebels would have fought against him without needing to sell their souls to the west.

On a more serious note, are Africans just naturally stupid, or is it that we are not intellectually endowed? When are we going to learn that the west are only after what they can gain from us rather than what they can give to us. Colonization, Imperialism, slavery. . . and still after all these, we still let them have the slightest control over us, in  the name of "helping out". Shame on us! Big Shame!
Gaddafi is an example of each and every Nigerian political leader. He is even better in a way because he tried to protect his people and he built infrastructures for them. And here we are, celebrating Gaddafi's death, when worse people are ruling our own country. Shame. . . What a Shame

You will be suprised that if a similar situation is to occur in Nigeria, the west are going to side our government as the lot have already sold their souls to them. I don't blame these world powers because I believe that they are exploring an opportunity (pure human instinct); abi you go give person sugar for mouth expecting the person to spit it out. Mbanu!  undecided undecided I only blame the idiots that keep giving them the opportunities that they exploit
Instead of finding a way to rebel against our own Nigerian government, we are there jubilating over matters that have nothing to do with us, while our own issues still remains with us. I so pray that the west doesn't remember us soon. Cos once given the opportunity, the west's evil hand no dey fear face[/b]

I know i've gone off topic, but yeah whatever! ! !
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by duduspace(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
velo10:

Yes please count, how many people he has killed. You want to blame him for an uprising when rebels looted weapons to fight against he government and the government defended itself. Go on! You want to blame him for NATO extending the war, go on. You want to blame him for the Rebels massacaring black people like yourself in Libya, go on. Libya was one of the most peaceful nations in North Africa. You're about to see a War Zone. But unfortunately people like you supporting a western-backed conflict would sit in your peaceful country while a victim nation roasts

His own people rose up against him my friend, do you want to rewrite history? even before his people rose up he has been killing his own people.
How many leaders in the west that you detest so much need to use the kind of bodyguards he uses? The symbol of oppression was everywhere, don't pretend to be blind to it just cause you hate the west.
All those people coming to see the fall of Ghadaffi and rejoicing, were they paid or something?
You people just like seeing conspiracys everywhere. Even the west that you hate so much, their own people protest despite having a democratic platform but they are not gunned down like dogs when some of them probably should be.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
Damn this man na fool, i wonder why he did not runaway
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Olumogun: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
Where is LYBIA going from here?

Warning to all leaders in Africa. The SEAT of leadership is not your inheritance.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
lindabon:

i thought when someone dies, people use the line "may his soul rest in peace", first before anything,

Do you take drugs?

What the fck did you smoke?
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sunofgod(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2011
lindabon:

[b]i thought when someone dies, people use the line "may his soul rest in peace", first before anything,

First, Gaddafi should have bowed out of his seat long ago. It was not fair for him to want to rule forever. . .
Secondly, The rebels would have fought against him without needing to sell their souls to the west.

On a more serious note, are Africans just naturally silly, or is it that we are not intellectually endowed? When are we going to learn that the west are only after what they can gain from us rather than what they can give to us. Colonization, Imperialism, slavery. . . and still after all these, we still let them have the slightest control over us, in  the name of "helping out". Shame on us! Big Shame!
Gaddafi is an example of each and every Nigerian political leader. He is even better in a way because he tried to protect his people and he built infrastructures for them. And here we are, celebrating Gaddafi's death, when worse people are ruling our own country. Shame. . . What a Shame

You will be suprised that if a similar situation is to occur in Nigeria, the west are going to side our government as the lot have already sold their souls to them. I don't blame these world powers because I believe that they are exploring an opportunity (pure human instinct); abi you go give person sugar for mouth expecting the person to spit it out. Mbanu!  undecided undecided I only blame the idiots that keep giving them the opportunities that they exploit
Instead of finding a way to rebel against our own Nigerian government, we are there jubilating over matters that have nothing to do with us, while our own issues still remains with us. I so pray that the west doesn't remember us soon. Cos once given the opportunity, the west's evil hand no dey fear face[/b]

I know i've gone off topic, but yeah whatever! ! !

Wassup Babe -  cool

You sound like the type I would like to engage in 'Mental Intercourse' with -  cool

So whats up?  cool
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by ochukoccna: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
Blue Magic:

Even Abacha is begin to look better than d crappy JEG.

He was. @ least he had a sense of direction and was not a follow follow, even though he was in cahoots with Gaddafi as a dictator too.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
Olumogun:

Where is LYBIA going from here?

Warning to all leaders in Africa. The SEAT of leadership is not your inheritance.

As long as they can keep looting the public funds and ensuring our education system keeps churning out the cretins I am identifying on this thread, it just might remain their inheritance.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by duduspace(m): 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2011
ochukoccna:

Even though you've sided with the west, try to see the whole picture and spit it as it is.
We all know NATO twisted the UN mandate to their advantage.
The West -Occidentals- have never had altruistic intentions towards other races especially Arabs and Africans.
I believe that you know yourself.
We remember how Iraqis celebrated their 'liberation' by the West some years back.
Thankfully, the western press are still relaying images of the 'smartness', of that decision unto our retinas up till today.

Do not complicate it further.

Fair enough, the west will fight for their own interests, if you were in their shoes wouldn't you?
Should the UN have stood behind and allowed him to continue killing his people like the Syrian guy?  undecided
fair enough other countries will exploit any situation to further their own aims when on peace keeping/other missions
didn't Ghana actively connive with Yormie Johnson to deliver Samuel Doe to him? but does that make Doe a good person?
Lets stop blaming the "West" for everything jare, if we solve our own problems by ensuring equity and justice in our countries and societies
the scheming of external entities like the so called West will be immediately obvious. He that would come to equity must come with clean hands jare nuff said.

The Iraqi people will ultimately solve their problems, infact aren't they already? can't recall when last I heard of a bomb blast there to be honest and they will have a better and freer future than when they were under Saddam. It is up to them to determine if the sacrifice was worth it not yours or mine.

What history will write about Ghadaffi is that he was a despot who met a violent end at the hands of his own people in a popular uprising, the jury is out on what NATO's legacy will be.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by hbrednic: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2011
may you rest in peace, a true hero and a great man is gone.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by ssjalo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2011
NOW M.GADDAFI WAS ENDED IN HEAVY BULLET SHOOT, LIVING HIS FAMILY IN SHAMEFUL,DISGRACE AND FEARFUL LIVE.

BUT WE HAVE ANOTHER GADDAFI'S HERE IN YOLA,COS DEAD RATE IS  HIGHER THAN BIRTH RATE IN THE WHOLE STATE

CAUSES OF INABILITY OF  GOVERNOR MURTALA H.NYAKO TO IMPLEMENT MINIMUM WAGES,WHICH CAUSES A SIX WEEKS STRIKE ACTION LEAD BY LABOUR.

WHILE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE ON STRIKE ABOUT SEVEN MONTH NOW.PLS GOD RISE SOME ONE TO ELIMINATE THIS EVIL IN OUR STATE.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by lindabon: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Do you take drugs?

What the fck did you smoke?

Are you a drug dealer!
Hope you get busted soonest tongue tongue tongue

Sun of god:

You sound like the type I would like to engage in 'Mental Intercourse' with -  cool

Are you a male p.rostutute . .   angry angry angry angry
sorry. aint into that poo so flee!  undecided undecided undecided undecided
But I can find customers for you though!   tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by soochukwu(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2011
yes
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Orikinla(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2011
Kuru pa Kuru.
Gambari pa Fulani.

From hero to zero.
Its a pity.
Life goes on.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by revomind(m): 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite, I find you a little too rude to have the standing to question people's education. You have your opinion, others have theirs. Your insults cannot sustain any discussion with you but the good news is that it won't stop us from airing our views.

Like every human, Ghadafi had his faults, one of which is agreeing not to build nuclear weapons, Smh.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by mikron(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
why do these cowards always hide in holes when they know they ve lost the battle. Saddam did the same. Was osama bin laden caught in a hole too? Just wondering
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by playmode(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sun of god:

Thank you,

The middle east is being purposely distabilised for a reason - Divide and conquer!!!

The NTC are being used and screwed by the west - and they dont even know it.

The only reason Gadaffi was attacked by NATO is because of the African Monetary Fund he wanted to create not to mention his other move to create a Gold based currency.Gadaffi's problem was that he talked too much.His bragging and threats got him on the wrong side of the French.Secondly his handling of the uprising was terrible.I believe if he had reached out to the rebel leaders in the earlier days of the revolution ,he might have reached a sensible solution.

If you look at the current NTC ,quite a few of his former cronies are members.That just goes to show that the NTC itself is not a real revolutionary movement.I just hope Libya does not become another Iraq because that will be very bad taking into account that Libya is very close to west Africa.The first step now for NTC is to disarm the rebels who will not be serving in the new army.It will be a tough task but it must be done.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2011
mikron:

why do these cowards always hide in holes when they know they ve lost the battle. Saddam did the same. Was osama bin laden caught in a hole too? Just wondering
Jeez! You are very funny!!!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
playmode:

The only reason Gadaffi was attacked by NATO is because of the African Monetary Fund he wanted to create not to mention his other move to create a Gold based currency.Gadaffi's problem was that he talked too much.His bragging and threats got him on the wrong side of the French.Secondly his handling of the uprising was terrible.I believe if he had reached out to the rebal leaders in the earlier days of the revolution ,he might have reached a sensible solution.

If you look at the current NTC ,quite a few of his former cronies are members.That just goes to show that the NTC itself is not a real revolutionary movement.I just hope Libya does not become another Iraq because that will be very bad taking into account that Libya is very close to west Africa.The first step now for NTC is to disarm the rebels who will not be serving in the new army.It will be tough task but it must be done.
Mister, go and sleep in your land of gold. Dream on!!!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by duduspace(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
mikron:

All holes are equal but some are more equal than others.  
Osama's hole had a comfy bed, DSTV and some fine yanriyans  grin grin
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2011
[size=15pt]Rampaging Western Murderers [/size]

This was murder !!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Anyone who supports the attacking of an independent country to kill it's leader and install a puppet government is MAD !!!!!!!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by playmode(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
all4naija:

Mister, go and sleep in your land of gold. Dream on!!!

Dream on of what Did you even read the comment or you felt you needed to blow hot air? Try making an intelligent argument instead of sparodic outbursts.Show some manners,you are a grown man ain't you?
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sunofgod(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
BBC showing black people being rounded up and led away in Sirte.

Terrible . . . . may they rest in peace.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by gfus: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by playmode(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
duduspace:

All holes are equal but some are more equal than others.
Osama's hole had a comfy bed, DSTV and some fine yanriyans grin grin

You dey craze o! grin grin grin grin
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by feelamong(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
frosbel:

[size=15pt]Rampaging Western Murderers [/size]

This was murder !!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Anyone who supports the attacking of an independent country to kill it's leader and install a puppet government is MAD !!!!!!!

Yea rite, just as a mad as any one who supports a leader that kills his own people!!!!! embarassed
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by topsywest(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
Just confirmed it. He is stone dead for real. He died from head and leg injuries.

May his violent soul rest in peace.

Amen. But a martyr he was and he still is, even in death!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
RIP OUR HERO. I wish All these Bad Northerners Bad Meat the Same Death angry angry
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by kenx1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
Col, Gadhafi and Libya
1.There was no electricity bill in Libya; electricity was free for all its citizens
2. There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law
3. Home considered a human right in Libya –Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent
4. All newly weds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms –all for free
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 (N22) per litre
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000
14. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country
So What's the Problem with Libyans? The long rule? Wetin?! Abeg, he needs to rule Nigeria for 500yrs! Pls we need Gaddafi o cry !
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by trimwis: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
r.i.p gaddafi thank god you are not among those cowards that call themselves presidents who americans and britain use to exploit africans

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Miami Bows To Trump, Drop Sanctuary Policy, To Begin Deportation Of Illegals. / Bomb Blast, Firing In Egypt Mosque Kill 235, Injures 109 / "We Will Not Send Troops To Rescue Americans In Ukraine" - Biden Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.