Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,985 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) (38021 Views)

Gadhafi's Family To Sue Nato ? / Moammar Gadhafi Is Truly Dead. Proof In 3 Gruesome Videos / Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by buzugee(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Was OBJ elected or not?

Does OBJ have a history of killing and torturing his people?

Does OBJ look like someone that you can not bear any other form of pressure on and have some effect?

So what are you chatting?

What crap are you chatting?

Why are you telling me something that happened 40 years ago?

And who were you expecting to invade?

What fcking crap are you chatting?
your argument is not consistent. you are just making up the rules as you go along. surely the measure of morality does not change whether today or forty years ago. and are you saying that you deserve to be invaded so long as there is someone powerful enough to invade you but if there is no one powerful enough to invade you, then  it is what it is. what kind of juvenile inconsistent argument is that ?
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
RIP Gadaffi but you should have surrender to your people before escalation
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
duduspace:

This isnt nice, he was actually caught alive, they killed him like Doe. That is sad.  embarassed embarassed
new footage showing he was captured alive on Sky.

There is no point having him alive, Libyans have to move on, his trial would have given his supporter more reason to fight on and more lives lost.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2011
afam4eva:

Doesn't your common sense tell you that they should be invading people that were not elected? You don't go about disrupting a democratically elected government. if the people don't like their ruler they'll pass a vote of no confidence on him.

I don't get your "common sense" here. Explain.

You are saying Gaddafi was democratically elected?

buzugee:

your argument is not consistent. you are just making up the rules as you go along. surely the measure of morality does not change whether today or forty years ago. and are you saying that you deserve to be invaded so long as there is someone powerful enough to invade you but if there is no one powerful enough to invade you, then  it is what it is. what kind of juvenile inconsistent argument is that ?

No, I am using sense.

People that make decisions 40 years ago are not the people making it now.

You can as well come and use what King George II did in 1456 to justify your argument. What don't you understand about that?
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by duduspace(m): 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
justwise:

There is no point having him alive, Libyans have to move on, his trial would have given his supporter more reason to fight on and more lives lost.  

Naa, I disagree I believe in the sanctity of life and redemption, he was no threat to anyone after being captured.
Sagamite got his wish anyway of another Doe like tape. Not as long sha but he was captured alive and later shot. They even strangled him a little sef
Arabs are really violent people.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
It is sad that Ghaddafi was foolish enough not to relinquish power when he was still popular.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by ochukoccna: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
duduspace:

Fair enough, the west will fight for their own interests, if you were in their shoes wouldn't you?
Should the UN have stood behind and allowed him to continue killing his people like the Syrian guy?  undecided
fair enough other countries will exploit any situation to further their own aims when on peace keeping/other missions
didn't Ghana actively connive with Yormie Johnson to deliver Samuel Doe to him? but does that make Doe a good person?
Lets stop blaming the "West" for everything jare, if we solve our own problems by ensuring equity and justice in our countries and societies
the scheming of external entities like the so called West will be immediately obvious. He that would come to equity must come with clean hands jare nuff said.

Man is a selfish creation.
Ever was, ever will be to protect his interest even at the detriment of others.
Was it not the same west  that initiated the slave trade that now waved the flag of slavery abolition?
Yet in today's world, isn't economic slave trade ala World Bank and the IMF the order of the day & more devastating?
From a west that wants all societies to be just & egalitarian sebi?
But releases cloak-and-dagger economic policies through Okonjo Iweala and her ilk?
The West only took on Gaddafi after knowing his military capabilities was zilch when he warmed up to them by renouncing weapons of mass destruction.
Why come they can't take on Syria because Iran, China and Russia are actively complicit with Assad?
It is true that we cant blame the West for all of Africa's ills
Was it not Africans who helped the West in fueling the slave trade by betraying their own kith and kin for mirrors, gunpowder& materialistic goods?
The thinking [if they do it at all] of many an African is shocking till today
Are we not the one who loot  our treasuries dry and keep it with the white man?
Like I said before, the whites have no altruistic charitable motives toward us.
America according to CNN has spent about $1 billion in support of NATO's  Libyan mission
$1 billion spent by a country hit hard by economic recession? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
During the Rwandan massacre, American & European economies were booming yet 800,000 plus people were left to die
Fast forward to 2010-2011, during an debilitating economic recession, this same capitalist driven economies are spending billions on 'humanitarian' grounds to 'help' the Libyan people.
Please do the math. sad sad sad sad sad sad

duduspace:

The Iraqi people will ultimately solve their problems, infact aren't they already? can't recall when last I heard of a bomb blast there to be honest and they will have a better and freer future than when they were under Saddam. It is up to them to determine if the sacrifice was worth it not yours or mine.
What history will write about Ghadaffi is that he was a despot who met a violent end at the hands of his own people in a popular uprising, the jury is out on what NATO's legacy will be.

The Iraq of which you speak of is non existent as of today.
The one that exists is torn apart by sectarian divisions even if the violence levels are not as gruesome as 3-4 years back.
Ever heard of a country called Afghanistan?
Would you say the supposed war on terror has bettered the lot of the people of that country and region?
Was it not America and her allies who created the Frankenstein monster Osama bin Laden became?
Yet I don't recall CNN nor other pro Western media remind us of this truth and fact.
History is always written by the victor not the vanquished.
Gaddafi lost the plot, what script do you expect America to write about him?
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by cap28: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
We Africans are destined to repeat history once again because we have failed to understand who are our friends  and who are our enemies - we must therefore suffer once again at the hands of the same people who have kept us enslaved  for 5 centuries.

We are destined to face the same fate as the native indians of america - complete annihilation.

In our own case it will be so much easier for the europeans to decimate us because we we wont even put up a fight like the brave people of Libya.

my only happiness is that the very people who rejoice today will very soon weep in despair when they realise what lies in store for them at the hands of the demonic forces of europe and america.

A courageous man who fought for the dignity of his people has been killed today and some africans rejoice these same people have not asked themselves why the likes of biya, bongo, obiang, museveni, campaore remain entrenched in power despite terrible atrocities that they have perpetrated against their people, these same people even fail to come closer to home and ask themselves why NATO did not intervene in nigeria when obasanjo sent soldiers to odi and gbamaratu to drop bombs on unarmed men, women and children, they also fail to ask themselves why the west did not intervene to prevent the execution of Saro Wiwa at the hands of the abacha govt and they also fail to ask themselves why the UN stood back and watched while almost a million people were slaughtered like animals in rwanda but for some incomprehensible reason actually beleive that the west intervened in Gadaffi's case on humanitarian grounds.

Even europeans now know that this is one of the most atrocious and evil attacks ever meted out on a sovereign state in modern history.

why is it that criminals like obasanjo and IBB who have done nothing but collaborate with foreigners to rap.e and plunder their own country are allowed to prosper and go from strength to strength while a man who took his country from being one of the poorest in the world to one with the highest standard of livign in africa is hunted down like an animal and murdered in cold blood in front of the entire world?

is there a God at all?

RIP brother leader Muammar Al Qadaffi.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
duduspace:

Naa, I disagree I believe in the sanctity of life and redemption, he was no threat to anyone after being captured.
Sagamite got his wish anyway.

I believe in the GRUESOME punishment of incredibly evil and selfish people. I will NEVER fight for such a person's "rights".

Zenga Zenga!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
personally i think this is the last time the west and the so-called un will have a chance to invade or topple any govt. china and russia will always veto them if military force is not removed from the equation.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
duduspace:

Sagamite got his wish anyway of another Doe like tape. Not as long sha but he was captured alive and later shot. They even strangled him a little sef
Arabs are really violent people.

His supporters are, he used black Africans to kill his own pple while his sons command, so keeping him alive will encourage his supporters to fight on.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by buzugee(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite:

I don't get your "common sense" here. Explain.

You are saying Gaddafi was democratically elected?

No, I am using sense.

People that make decisions 40 years ago are not the people making it now.

You can as well come and use what King George II did in 1456 to justify your argument. What don't you understand about that?

Bros if you do not see the hypocrisy in the premise of your argument, then i cant help you. the premise of your argument is that any leader who kills his people deserves to get invaded. OK LETS AGREE ON THIS. the american govt was involved through operation cointelpro in killing its people (the panthers who are like the rebels in that they are anti-oppression), so they deserve to get invaded too. right ? morality does not change in a 40 year span irrespective of who was in power or not. there is both hypocrisy on the part of america and hypocrisy in your argument. then your exit clause was that, well who is going to invade them ? meaning they get a free pass because no one is strong enough to invade them. well i guess thats dictatorship in itself. that tells me nato is a fascist and dictatorship. america, france and NATO are global dictators and fascists. thats what that is
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by UyiIredia(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2011
Where was his retinue of female bodyguards ? What is the fate of is family ? Will they likewise pay for his sins as the sons of Saddam did ? My opinion on his death that it was long coming but I still find it hard to believe (though it's the case) that there are people who will miss this man. As an aside, I wonder why this happens to Ghadaffi and people like Castro (and Mugabe) get off the hook.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
I wonder whether these fooooooooooooools will be defending him:

- If it is their family that he used state power to torture and wipe out.

- If it was their sisters and mothers his soldiers beat up and ra-ped.

- If it was them he ordered mercenaries to shoot on sight.

Where will their DAFT arse run to when they have such a man trying to kill or torture them?

China?

Russia?

Iran?

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by duduspace(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
@ochuko

No one says the West as you call them are epitomes of virtues, they are as bad if not worse than we are but they did largely entrench equity in their own society and largely question the action or inaction of their forebears. They even make symbolic gestures of atonement for past evils by them.
Even amongst themselves, they've fought and been cruel to one another (read up the history of the Irish, the English and the Tudor line of royalty in England).

We in the developing world however are satisfied with the status quo and always find an excuse for inaction.

I don't think we need to wait for the "West" to become squeaky clean before we get rid of despots like Ghadaffi, atimes you choose your fights or yu'll never move forward. If truely the west is bad then the time will come when even they will answer for their transgressions, (even though what most people call the west is a very loose definition that serves as a convenient stooge to pass the blame of everything on to).

For now it is the turn of Ghadaffi to receive justice and I rejoice with that multitude of people rejoicing in Libya today albeit with a tinge of sadness that even they couldn't be the better people and not execute him summarily. I will also gladly rejoice if anyone found in the so called "West" is brought to book when they are.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Skii(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
@ Sagamite
Two questions
Do you believe in God?
Are you a Christian or Muslim?
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
buzugee:

Bros if you do not see the hypocrisy in the premise of your argument, then i cant help you. the premise of your argument is that any leader who kills his people deserves to get invaded. OK LETS AGREE ON THIS. the american govt was involved through operation cointelpro in killing its people (the panthers who are like the rebels in that they are anti-oppression), so they deserve to get invaded too. right ? morality does not change in a 40 year span irrespective of who was in power or not. there is both hypocrisy on the part of america and hypocrisy in your argument. then your exit clause was that, well who is going to invade them ? meaning they get a free pass because no one is strong enough to invade them. well i guess thats dictatorship in itself. that tells me nato is a fascist and dictatorship.

Don't be daft. Don't ever describe my premise for me. You are not at the intellectual level to describe my premise.

Let me tell you what my premise in.

If you are some cold-hearted, unelected baaastard, who has taken power and not allowing anyone to challenge you by using force (killing, torturing etc) and trying to retain power solely, and who is consistently killing people at your slighted whim, then you can be invaded.

I want to see the following invaded or helped:

- Syria
- North Korea
- Burma

Don't ever summarise my premise agian for me considering the thinking level I have seen of yours in the last week. You ask!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
Skii:

@ Sagamite
Two questions
Do you believe in God?
Are you a Christian or Muslim?

I believe in God.

I am a "Robust Thinker". Which means I am superior to Muslims and Xtians!
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Concept(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
The westerners and their divide and rule method. Libya has been put into commotion - that country can never be the same. Gaddafi is a pain in their Bottom and the rebellion in his country gave the white men opportunity to violate her sovereignty. Most of our Nigeria leaders do not have the charisma that man possessed, they are like pawn for white man in their chess game. If you want to be a leader be and not a follower pretending to be a leader. Libya is a country better off than Nigeria, we know how many of our countrymen that have been deported from that country.

That is to say if our leaders have been like him, we will not be looking for green pasture in a neighbouring African country. Gaddafi might be a dictator and not accepting the democracy (dem all crazy) system of government that sometimes allow slowpoke to be ruling as a leader. I like a leader like that who die with his belief and not only just belief a working one. Call anybody in position of power that has never used the influence attached to it to his favour I am telling you, it will be hard to see one even in UK MP mis-appropriate funds despite having a standard, they most time give them funning sentence.

Nigerian leaders embezzled money, Gaddafi amass wealth. They are all on the same page but why are their citizen living a life better than ours? I think Gaddafi is a better evil. many countries are currently doing what Gaddafi did during the unrest in his country. Have you seen NATO,UN,UK,USA rolling their tanks to their border. NO interest. The way Libya issue is politicised is a mess and not the actual but the aim has been achieved congratulations to the PUPPET MASTERS.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by cap28: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
The Ku Klux Klan in planes aka NATO have  dropped tonnes of depleted uranium, white phosphorous and cluster bombs on the Libyan population, while their infantry of anti black racists on the ground have carried out a systematic campaign of ethnic cleansing- wiping out entire towns populated by black libyans or other black africans and they will continue in their ethnic cleansing campaign until not one black person is left alive in that nation.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Roland17(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
What was Ghadaffi's sin against NATO and the west, Libya is an independent sovereign nation, what have they gained? Ghadaffi was a dictator, but was a leader, something the west dread so much in Africa.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by duduspace(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
Roland17:

What was Ghadaffi's sin against NATO and the west, Libya is an independent sovereign nation, what have they gained? Ghadaffi was a dictator, but was a leader, something the west dread so much in Africa.

et tu Roland?  shocked :oDid the west dread Nelson Mandela or Thabo Mbeki as well?  undecided
do they dread the leadership in Ghana?
despite Ghadaffi's despotic rule, they couldnt even find a way to get him until he turned guns on his own people.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2011
If Mugabe tries the shyt he tried in the last election in the next one, I will hope they hlep remove his arse!

Fcking evil arseholes that people will be defending idiotically.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by buzugee(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't be daft. Don't ever describe my premise for me. You are not at the intellectual level to describe my premise.

Let me tell you what my premise in.

If you are some cold-hearted, unelected baaastard, who has taken power and not allowing anyone to challenge you by using force (killing, torturing etc) and trying to retain power solely, and who is consistently killing people at your slighted whim, then you can be invaded.

I want to see the following invaded or helped:

- Syria
- North Korea
- Burma

Don't ever summarise my premise agian for me considering the thinking level I have seen of yours in the last week. You ask!
your delusion  leans towards the juvenile. i have encountered many intellectual giants on NL and you definitely are not one of them. your loquaciousness is a mask for your fragile ego. you are just a scared angry little man. intellectual ? you definitely aint.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by twinstaiye(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite:

I wonder whether these fooooooooooooools will be defending him:

- If it is their family that he used state power to torture and wipe out.

- If it was their sisters and mothers his soldiers beat up and ra-ped.

- If it was them he ordered mercenaries to shoot on sight.

Where will their DAFT arse run to when they have such a man trying to kill or torture them?

China?

Russia?

Iran?

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS!
Oh man, you have been brainwashed to the tilt. Na wah oooo. But you dont give a hoot about thousands of civilians killed while they were doing their "legitimate" mass murder of Libyans, nor do you care about blacks being killed indiscriminately by the Alqaedas they called rebels. I guess when they wanted to invade Sirte which was a civilians populated city, you dont give a hoot about the civilians there, or are they not the same civilians they brainswahsed people like you they were protecting before invading Libya? Oh I almost forgot they are not benghazi civilians
One thing is that Gadaffi over stayed his welcomed, the other thing is that your so called western intervention is arbitrary, murderous and selifish in nature. Tell me anything to justify that is a bullshit. Am outta here.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2011
i love gadaffi
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Sagamite(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2011
buzugee:

your delusion  leans towards the juvenile. i have encountered many intellectual giants on NL and you definitely are not one of them. your loquaciousness is a mask for your fragile ego. you are just a scared angry little man. intellectual ? you definitely aint.

You are a moooron!

So what sense have you made now?

You have no more arument, this is all you could say?

You couldn't pick a hole in my premise?

Fcking ediot trying to define my premise for me. My thinking level is way beyond what you can ever comprehend. Don't fcking define my premise for me or challenge it. Your brain is too small.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Roland17(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
And you honestly feel the west does not dread Mandela for bringing an end to Apartheid in South Africa? (check your books well and do better research) and what makes Thabo Mbeki different from other corrupt presidents in Africa, its a big shame to Africa.

Why is the west not invading Saudi Arabia where there are no women rights, where extra judicial killings are carried out without any process, African leaders are portrayed as evil, they are caged like animals during trials, they are dragged on the streets of their country dead, while people like Gorbachev and other genocide criminals are celebrated and conveyed in convoys for trials, they are forgiven and have moved on.

We keep belittling ourselves every day,
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by buzugee(m): 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a moooron!

So what sense have you made now?

You have no more arument, this is all you could say?

You couldn't pick a hole in my premise?

Fcking ediot trying to define my premise for me. My thinking level is way beyond what you can ever comprehend. Don't fcking define my premise for me or challenge it. Your brain is too small.
my brain may be small but it aint so small that i can only come up with 2 words 'cretin' and 'morooooon' .the point here is, go and sit down somewhere and stop coming across as a petulant lil child. i am assuming you are a grown azzzzz man so start acting like one
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2011
I never new some Nigerians can be that f.o.o.l.i.s.h to have supported this tyrant called Gaddafi.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by HyeBits: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
Africans, where is our future? Why will history not repeat itself, as we fail to learn from pattern in history? Can someone tell me. Is democracy the best system of government? What is Government? How is Governance entrenched? Is this how Africa, a continent encircle with abundance of riches in resources will ever lived? Who says WEST is not the EVIL in our mist? No! No! No! Not WEST, but other regions of the world cause the economic thunderbolt the world is ridden. WEST has ever been reckless. Who will like to tell the tale that concoct the World Wars? Is it not the recklessNESS of this so called WEST? Just like the world Wars, I believe a similar unnoticed event of such will trigger another great war. Soonest, the bubble will burst and will really do. The WEST can't be trusted with this great heritage from God, call our Earth. They have so much corrupt it. With arrogance and uncouth recklessness. Let's turn pages of book to unravel the events that have shaped this world and see the effect of the WEST arrogance at play again.
May be I read too much, but I have the believe that the treasures of this our world are found in books. These leaders of the so-called WEST are as worse as Gaddafi. Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, REST IN PEACE, you are a true leader of Africa. I salute your bravery and rare valour. You are true to your words, Gaddafi: I WILL FIGHT TO THE LAST DROP OF MY BLOOD, AND WILL NEVER LEAVE THE LIBYA THAT I BUILD.
Aabo oro lanso fomoluabi, to o bade kulu ikun re yio do dindi.
Re: Gadhafi Captured? On CNN (Pictures) by Roland17(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
And you honestly feel the west does not dread Mandela for bringing an end to Apartheid in South Africa? (check your books well and do better research) and what makes Thabo Mbeki different from other corrupt presidents in Africa, its a big shame to Africa.

Why is the west not invading Saudi Arabia where there are no women rights, where extra judicial killings are carried out without any process, Why are they not planning to attack Iran and Ahmadejinad, because they would get wiped out by his nuclear weapon, why is the US and NATO not attacking North Korea, they would not survive the nuclear war.

African leaders are portrayed as evil, they are caged like animals during trials, they are dragged on the streets of their country dead, while people like Gorbachev and other genocide criminals are celebrated and conveyed in convoys for trials, they are forgiven and have moved on.

We keep belittling ourselves every day,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Miami Bows To Trump, Drop Sanctuary Policy, To Begin Deportation Of Illegals. / Bomb Blast, Firing In Egypt Mosque Kill 235, Injures 109 / "We Will Not Send Troops To Rescue Americans In Ukraine" - Biden Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.