Stats: 3,156,711 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Will You Marry Me. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry Me. (1107 Views)

Who Should Ask, 'Will You Marry Me?' / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

Will You Marry Me. by citous(m): 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
"You are ripe for the plucking". This is my buddy telling me after I complained about my issues of having all the women in my life moving way too fast for me. I dont know if there is something about me that spells; husband material. Most ladies I go on a date with seem to want to move to the next step within a very short time. This started a few year ago when my ex gave me an ultimatum about marrying her or hitting the highway.
Don't get me wrong, I wanna get married to the right lady but I wanna get to know her better before we move to the next step. Asking me where I wanna get married after a month of dating is scary, so is telling me 'I love you' withing a few weeks. The scary thing is that it isn't a race thing. It ranges from African American to African to Asian, Hispanic and white.
Is there any one having the same problems on here and please ladies a little advice on this issue.
Re: Will You Marry Me. by tellwisdom: 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
[size=23pt]GBAGAUNNNNNNNNNN sad sad[/size]
Re: Will You Marry Me. by citous(m): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2011
tellwisdom:

[size=23pt]GBAGAUNNNNNNNNNN sad sad[/size]

What is that?
Re: Will You Marry Me. by bekay911(f): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
Den stop givn d ladies green light and also stop having sex. Wt dem its kinda of soul bonding
Re: Will You Marry Me. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
its not only common with u my very dear friend, u know se husband se scarce,
Re: Will You Marry Me. by Blazing88(f): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
hmmmmmm
Re: Will You Marry Me. by bekay911(f): 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
tiniyata:

its not only common with u my very dear friend, u know se husband se scarce,
Feeling lyk waattt hhhmmmmmmm
Re: Will You Marry Me. by citous(m): 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
bekay911:

Den stop givn d ladies green light and also stop Being Intimate. Wt dem its kinda of soul bonding

Dating someone is what happens everyday, what other green light are you talking about. I date them by doing things two people do. Unlike most guys, I dont say I love you until am sure its love. I didnt say anything about intimate in my post. So stop assuming cos it makes an A.rse of U and Me.
Re: Will You Marry Me. by slimyem: 12:36am On Oct 21, 2011
i'm always rudely shocked each time a guy confesses love to me barely two weeks after the initial meet or a guy that tells me he wants to marry me in the process of chyking me.i never take such people serious anyways.
Truth is a lot of girls/guy reason this way because they do not understand the depths of relationships,love and marriage.they automatically see every 'toaster'/boyfreind as a prospective husband evenĀ  when its quite obvious the the guy isnt thinking it.they do not see the difference btwn dating and courtship.
All you need do it define your relationships from the start and be firm about it.dont let any gurl fool you with some fake luv because she thinks you are ready/marriageable .sensible peeps know the difference btwn dating and courtship.
Re: Will You Marry Me. by AmakaG29(f): 12:59am On Oct 21, 2011
Let you intentions be known upfront: Hey, I'd like to take things slow and for us to get to know each other

You could also try developing friendships first and get to know them in that light. Exclusive dating implies an accelerated track to marriage.
Re: Will You Marry Me. by lindabon: 1:51am On Oct 21, 2011
If someone is trying to rush you to the next level, try and calm the person down and show them the reason why you wanna take is slow. If they are still hasty, zoom off and never look back! undecided undecided
Re: Will You Marry Me. by iice(f): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Run away grin grin

Frankly, most guys around me don't have that problem. Too blunt to care about sensitivities. Who want wahala? Pack your things waka jare, if you no understand me.
Re: Will You Marry Me. by citous(m): 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2011
Thanks ladies for all input.
Re: Will You Marry Me. by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:41am On Oct 22, 2011
slimyem:

i'm always rudely shocked each time a guy confesses love to me barely two weeks after the initial meet or a guy that tells me he wants to marry me in the process of chyking me.
What does "chyking" mean?

CEO Of Top American Investment Bank, JP Morgan, Replies Pretty Girl / I Am Confused. Pls Advise. / Don't Get Married If...