Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa (13029 Views)

For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand / Policeman Kills Youth For Insisting On Sighting Election Result Sheet / I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
Iolo:

@Bluetooth

Thanks that's it.

Just Googled and here's a link to the original story and the 100million naira settlement the court awarded the lady.

davidajao.com/blog/2008/11/09/rear-admiral-harry-arogundade/

nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-388585.0.html

Maybe when Nigerians begin using Police/Military brutality cases as a means of getting rich in mass (the next Yahoo-Yahoo) this people will wake up.
Since Gani's death,I don't think I have heard of any lawyer that provides free legal services to the poor.So it still narrow down to affordability of legal services by the poor who are the most victims of police brutality.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by agog: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2011
so sadden.
NPF is doomed.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2011
Abuloma80:

It has equally been said that "No matter their skin color (even the fair ones) when they die, they turn abnormaly BLACK"
There was an incident at a mortuary, when an identity of a corpse was asked (as to wheither it was a police), the mortuary attendant
answered by saying it cannot be, because all police turn Black after they die. So i quite agree that "curses are too much on their heads.

My sympathy for the family especially the mother. May God protect us from these bunch of ruthless and heartless ones among them. Amin!!

What is the significance of a corpse turning black? I mean what good comes from that? What good is that so-called curse?

I don't get it. A possibly disturbed mortuary attendant tells you that the body of police men turn black and you immediately slurp that up without much as a WHAT?   Seriously?

agog:

so sadden.
NPF is doomed.

How so?
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Ideyontop: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
this is so sad and horrible!
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
hmmmm.

this is why i say "F___ the police." angry
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by stankovic9: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
when will all these non sense stop in this countryits only God that can help us oooo angry,pls keep praying for Nigeria. angry
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by oohunt: 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2011
Pathetic, we are really heading no where if the police cannot protect us.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Orikinla(m): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2011
Nigeria has never been this bad until President Goodluck Jonathan was elected.

I warned Nigerians before the presidential election not to vote for him, but you went ahead to vote for him.  
Now corruption, lawlessness, poverty and insecurity have become worse and the commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has failed woefully to address the unofficial state of emergency in Nigeria.

R-a-p-i-sts, terrorists, looters and other satanic people of the lunatic fringe are on the prowl all over Nigeria. Yet the President continues to post lies on Facebook and the useless hypocritical apologists online and offline continue to pat him on the back.

Can you tell me what you have gained from the evil administration of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP)?

The innocent blood of every victim of these extra-judicial crimes, pensioners who died whilst being denied their pension, NYSC corps members killed, patients who died due to bad health care, unemployed people who died from the hazards of poverty, unfortunate victims of Boko Haram and other marauders on rampage in the northern regions and the middle belt and other unknown victims of corruption, lawlessness, terrorism and other evils and crimes will be on the heads of the members and supporters of the evil ruling party in Nigeria.  You are all cursed to perish until you repent and stop your evils and crimes against humanity.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by begwong: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2011
what do you xpect from pple that adorn black materials the devil loves as uniform
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
Orikinla:

Nigeria has never been this bad until President Goodluck Jonathan was elected. I warned Nigerians before the presidential election not to vote for him, but you went ahead to vote for him.  Now corruption, lawlessness, poverty and insecurity have become worse  and the commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has failed woefully to address the unofficial state of emergency in Nigeria. R-a-p-i-sts, terrorists, looters and other satanic people of the lunatic fringe are on the prowl all over Nigeria. Yet the President continues to post lies on Facebook and the useless hypocritical apologists online and offline continue to pat him on the back. Can you tell me what you have gained from the evil administration of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP)? The innocent blood of every victim of these extra-judicial crimes, pensioners who died whilst being denied their pension, NYSC corps members killed, patients who died due to bad health care, unemployed people who died from the hazards of poverty, unfortunate victims of Boko Haram and other marauders on rampage in the northern regions and the middle belt and other unknown victims of corruption, lawlessness, terrorism and other evils and crimes will be on the heads of the members and supporters of the evil ruling party in Nigeria. [s] You are all cursed to perish until you repent and stop your evils and crimes against humanity.      
[/s]
Can you post this to his facebook page ? I don't think Nigerians are cursed,most of them just powerless to do anything to stop all these rubbish.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2011
stankovic9:

when will all these non sense stop in this countryits only God that can help us oooo angry,pls keep praying for Nigeria. angry

It will only stop when Nigerians start demanding they be treated as human beings. It's over 51 years and God has yet to come down to do it.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by hbrednic: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
not surprised,life and properties has never been safe in nigeria.
God bless the dead,
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by jidewin(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2011
This is why The Nigerian Police force will never support the idea of making it legal for citizens to bear and carry firearms freely in Nigeria.Especially when they know there will be reprisal attacks on the evil men of the force who shoots and run away.Only to come back and claim the VICTIM is an armed robber or ganja smoker.
Ifnot show,please can anyone show me a single case reported when AN EXPARTRIATE was shot dead in an "accidental discharge in naija", NO NO NO it does not and will never happen.
I feel for the mother of the slain, Please try and take heart.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by atasteve: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
Haaa Lord have mercy sad
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Orikinla(m): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Can you post this to his facebook page ? I don't think Nigerians are cursed,most of them just powerless to do anything to stop all these rubbish.

Posting it on Facebook will not make any difference.
It is better as discussed here and now.

Nigerians are not powerless.
Majority of them had the power of the ballot box and they actually voted for President Goodluck Jonathan.
This is their harvest. So, let them reap it.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by 9ijaprince(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
what happened on sunday was babaric on the part of police. It has become a tradition in yenagoa for police to mount checkpoints every sundays near major churches extorting money from motorists going or coming from sunday service.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2011
Orikinla:

Posting it on Facebook will not make any difference.
It is better as discussed here and now.

Nigerians are not powerless.
Majority of them had the power of the ballot box and they actually voted for President Goodluck Jonathan.
This is their harvest. So, let them reap it.
They have voted him so the deed is done already.getting out of the situation is what we should be talking about.Talk about revolution !
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by deavicky(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2011
JESUS; I HATE police infact i feel like ruining them over, each time i see them at check point. I av never heard of police catching any armrubber on the Road, yet they are still on the road.(infact i hate police to the extent that one of my uncle advised me to join police when i left school newly. since that day i decide to stop talking to him till date)
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
deavicky:

JESUS; I HATE police infact i feel like ruining them over, each time i see them at check point. I av never had of police catching any armrubber on the Road, yet they are still on the road.(infact i hate police to the extent that one of my uncle advised me to join police when i left school newly. since that day i decide to stop talking to him till date)
shocked shocked shocked shocked
O boy this your own hatred na classic.Abeg go and make amends with your uncle jo.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Okijajuju1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2011
Sagamite:

Nice summary.

What I have been thinking for a while.

That muthafcker needs to be found and slaughtered.

How do you suppose you do that?! If you look properly, they do not wear their name tags or I.D numbers at night, especially at those illegal checkpoints.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Sagamite(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2011
Okija_juju:

How do you suppose you do that?! If you look properly, they do not wear their name tags or I.D numbers at night, especially at those illegal checkpoints.

Maybe Nigerians need to organise through social media an annual "Week of Rage: Hate the Nigerian Police and the Nigerian government" every year to highlight how much people hate them. Do it annually until the reetards that rule see it as a potential political winner.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by chines4(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2011
Police toll collection centers(Sorry i mean checkpoints) have caused Nigeria more harm than good, Do you know how many man hrs lost due to hold ups caused by this toll gates. Can you imagine that from Niger bridge to Asaba a journey less than 10mins now extends to up to an hr, because you have to pass like 5 toll centers. Its high time NPF abolish checkpoints ooo, stop and search operations that involves blocking of the roads.

And let justice be done, smoking of weed, does not carry death sentence. It baffles me ooo, how can a police man shot an unarmed person. This is just lawlessness to the highest order
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by dadicvila(m): 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2011
I wish Nigerians or Nairalanders will be able to translate this much talk to action,the truth is that till blood flows like stream in dis Naija,the corn3 will never move forward, till police men start getting shot on daily basis by mask men things will not change
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by shadows4(m): 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2011
dialo dialo, police is your friend
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by harakiri(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2011
This has nothing to do with Nigerian Police Force. All these sad events erupt from our inhumanity to each other. It only reveals itself when we are in positions of power to met out the wickedness in our hearts to others. In every federal infrastructure or public organization, you see our fellow Africans using their positions to oppress others e.g soldiers/naval and air-force officers will beat civilians to the point of death in broad daylight while people gather to watch, LASTMA/VIO and other individuals whose jobs is supposed to maintain order on our roads use their position as an avenue to extort motorists (to them, it's a crime for your vehicle to break down on the road and they can beat you up for not "co-operating"), nurses in general hospitals don't care about human life unless you give them egunje to take special care of your loved ones (I've seen a lot of nasty things i can't mention here), the president/governors/senators/rep members/LGA chairman/councilors are only interested in looting government funds and don't give a damn about the masses, commercial bus drivers seize every little opportunity to hike the price of transport fares, market traders utilize every little change in the economy to skyrocket the prices of commodities, landlords increase rent on a yearly basis without a care in the world for the struggling man, tenants choose to owe their landlords rent for years while going to court all because they feel they can get away with it, churches are nothing more than business centres who exploit the gullible and weak minded (i can go on and on).

What i'm trying to say is, Africans (or Nigerians to be specific) don't give a damn about anyone else than themselves. This nonchalance reflects on our police force. Go to the tribal section of this forum and the kind of evil/vile/wicked posts you see there is a reflection of our animosity towards each other.

Nuff said!
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by fm7070: 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2011
The revolution that will occur in Nigeria will be worse than what was experienced in Egypy, Yemen or even Libya. It will be brutal and bloody.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2011
i dont talk about naija police anymore,waste of time
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Gbenge77(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2011
shocking.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by sleekman(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
If there's a revolution in this country then I'm going to be sorry for the following groups of people in the following order.

1. Politicians
2. Police
3. PHCN (Leper)
4. Customs
5. Some civil servants in ministries et al.

Those in the heart of the revolution can kiss their souls and lives goodbye. I see a couple of months more, we'll soon get there.
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Orikinla(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

They have voted him so the deed is done already.getting out of the situation is what we should be talking about.Talk about revolution !

Revolution looms, panel on polls violence warns - The Guardian ,
http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63959:revolution-looms-panel-on-polls-violence-warns&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2011
Bayelsa lipsrsealed
Re: Police Kill Youth For Criticising Checkpoint Extortion - Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
dayokanu:

Bayelsa lipsrsealed
president jonathan's state !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appear In Court, Tribunal Tells Ganduje, Abba / 2023 Election: Nigerians Are Feeding Their Oppressors - Isaac Fayose (Video) / Travel Abroad With Purpose Of Returning To Develop Nigeria - Kukah Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.