Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return (15679 Views)

Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira / Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return / Fuel Queues Return To Abuja, Others As Supply Dips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ijustdey: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2023
-Say $0.35m needed to set up one CNG station

By Obas Esiedesa

MARKETERS have faulted the process followed by President Bola Tinubu in the removal of subsidies on petrol, saying measures that ought to have been in place before the removal were not taken.

The marketers insisted that the nation’s refineries ought to have been operational and issues around foreign exchange resolved before the petrol subsidy was removed.

It comes on the day fuel queues began to emerge in Abuja with most independent and indigenous major outlets shut down. Check by Vanguard around the city showed that outlets owned by A.A. Rano, AY Shafa, and Shema Petrol were shut. However stations owned by TotalEnergies, Mobil, and Conoil were opened but their pump had increased to N619 per litre from N617.

Speaking during the National Executive Council meeting of the Natural Oil and Gas Suppliers Association of Nigeria, NOGASA, in Abuja, the marketers questioned the Federal Government’s inability to end the illicit trading of dollars in the country.

Speaking at the opening of the meeting, President, Petroleum Products Retail Outlets Owners Association of Nigeria, PETROAN, Mr. Billy Gillis-Harry noted that while the marketers support the decision of the government to end subsidy on petrol, the implementation was faulty.

Mr. Gillis-Harry, who was not impressed by the government push for Compressed Natural Gas as an alternative to petrol, observed that it costs about $350,000 to set one CNG station.

Where is that money going to come from in an environment that is not stable and viable? The government needs to do more. The refineries need to work and importation needs to end”, he added.

Speaking at the meeting, NOGASA President, Mr. Benneth Korie warned that the downstream in the country was under serious pressure as stations were shutting down due harsh operational conditions.

Mr. Korie pointed out that “depot owners are so terribly affected by the increasing cost of the crude and exchange rate to the extent that many depots are practically deserted as their owners are unable to secure bank loans to fund their business due to high interest rates.

“Banks are not willing to guarantee funds release to stakeholders as a result of the difficulty, instability and galloping rates of foreign exchange and high cost of the dollar. Many depots are presently dried up or out of stock, and this is no gainsaying as it is evidently verifiable.

“Worst hit are filling stations whose owners find it extremely difficult to secure funds to procure products for their retail outlets and both the independent and major marketers are so terribly affected that as at today, filling stations are shutting down in great numbers on a daily basis and dealers are going out of business with many more on the verge of bankruptcy because of their inability to secure funds to facilitate orders for their stations.

“Government must therefore urgently come to the aid of the industry as quickly as possible to save it from an impending colossal collapse which will in turn result in a more devastating blow to the economy at large. Indeed, the success of this government highly depends on the survival of the oil industry, whose critical stakeholders are presently most negatively affected”, he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/petrol-markers-fault-subsidy-removal-process-as-queues-return/

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by TemplarLandry: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2023
cool
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Racoon(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2023
Renewed and reloaded shege promaximus upgraded
Urchins and miscreants will collect it wotoporously.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Octopusssy(f): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2023
I am just tired of this kind of news coming from Nigeria. What are we doing to ourselves, for God's sakes? Are Nigerians not tired of suffering??

37 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by wittywriter: 11:16am On Oct 06, 2023
Sighs...no thanks to the ruling party and BAT administration!.
Octopusssy:
I am just tired of this kind of news coming from Nigeria. What are we doing to ourselves, for God's sakes? Are Nigerians not tired of suffering??
Pitiful.

Wittyness

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by BoldBrainz(m): 11:23am On Oct 06, 2023
Nigeria's biggest problem is not the political class. Our major problem is the citizenry that allows themselves to be bamboozled with tribal and religious theatrics.

For a nation with a high level of educated youths, we're too stupid and docile to be under a democratic rule. Once a section of the country produces a leader, people of that region mobilise themselves to sing "hallelujah" songs of defence for that leader, irrespective of his despicable performances.

When that happens, other voices of objective criticism are punctured and classified as "haters and wailers", yet the deteriorating state of the economy keeps crashing on the collective shoulders of everyone, tribe and religion notwithstanding.

I detest stupid and deceitful people. I may have my flaws, but I will never support a kinsman in the face of glaring incompetence or evil. And as long as we continue on this path, we'll lack, suffer and gnash our teeth in pain while we birth children who'll continue with the sorry state of affairs of our country.

I'll never for the rest of my life lend a hand of assistance to any Nigerian for free, anymore. Never!

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by RepoMan007: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2023
Politics is very different from leadership. They prioritized the politics of removing subsidy above the after effect and mitigating it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 11:25am On Oct 06, 2023
Petrol Marketers have being saying different kind of shit since subsidy was remove

Subsidy is gone for good.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Sirmwill: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2023
Fuuu uuuck you all

5 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Lumarstone: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
We NIGERIANS are tired of hearing this type of news.

5 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by joseph1832(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:
my dear, Nigerians are one with suffering, it is in our very nature. Aside that. We are one heck of a kind of people who see it as our birth right to genuinely cheat ourselves at any given opportunity.

No government can save us from the impending doom that is coming for us all, only we can save ourselves.

17 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Randal: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
It is getting tougher

1 Like

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Siwisheswereesh: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
Noticed it too embarassed

50 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ATEAMS: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
Never give up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by FactBoyz: 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
grin
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Angelfrost(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Honestly, I wish I cared... I really don't give a flying fvck anymore.

Let the financially strongest survive! Next!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by naijaboy756: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
Was Tinubu overhyped?

Nothing is different from the old order

Infact it is even worse

15 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Brendaniel: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
Reno Omokri and Tinubu supporters won't come here now and fight for Nigerians who are actually going through the pains of the consequences of Tinubu's decisions...

If it is to fight others who are telling them truth about Tinubu they will be everywhere.

When politics becomes more important than governance this is what you get.

16 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by HardBishop: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
Is black man a curse to humanity? Yet we still insult Americans and Europe. Common petrol to refine and distribute, we still dangling

13 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by GanagiBitrus: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by b3llo(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
Subsidy is a scam. This marketers are the same set of people involved in subsidy scam, hoarding of petroleum products, and transborder selling of petroleum products to enrich their pockets.

6 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Obierika(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Ukalejohn(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
-Say $0.35m needed to set up one CNG station

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/petrol-markers-fault-subsidy-removal-process-as-queues-return/[/quote]
TemplarLandry:
cool
What’s the meaning of this statement
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by mmadu5(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nigerians problem is tribalism not politicians . come to Ghana and see how all their tribes are living happily in unity . with this the country is moving peacefully. Nigerians try and change your mindsets and see how things will get better.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by osuofia2(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
I WAN BE PRESIDENT, NOW SEE

5 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by b3llo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
xantruu:
May God help us
God don abandon us

3 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by wittywriter: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
APCheats...
ATEAMS:
Never give up
BoldBrainz:
Nigeria's biggest problem is not the political class. Our major problem is the citizenry that allows themselves to be bamboozled with tribal and religious theatrics.

For a nation with a high level of educated youths, we're too stupid and docile to be under a democratic rule. Once a section of the country produces a leader, people of that region mobilise themselves to sing "hallelujah" songs of defence for that leader, irrespective of his despicable performances.

When that happens, other voices of objective criticism are punctured and classified as "haters and wailers", yet the deteriorating state of the economy keeps crashing on the collective shoulders of everyone, tribe and religion notwithstanding.

I detest stupid and deceitful people. I may have my flaws, but I will never support a kinsman in the face of glaring incompetence or evil. And as long as we continue on this path, we'll lack, suffer and gnash our teeth in pain while we birth children who'll continue with the sorry state of affairs of our country.

I'll never for the rest of my life lend a hand of assistance to any Nigerian for free, anymore. Never!

Wittyness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Whois(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
Panic buying go soon start for Lagos lipsrsealed wahala for e-hailing drivers

1 Like

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Usmanovic95(m): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
This is the CAN YOU SURVIVE AGAINST ALL ODD stage. God will see us through.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by HateBigots: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
On your marks, set, go...

Oya bulabans come and defend the forger/identity thief or blame Obi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. / Kaduna Preaching Bill: Resolving The Constitutional Controversy (1) ...punch / Appeal Court Reduces Dariye’s Sentence To 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.