Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return (15719 Views)

Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira / Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return / Fuel Queues Return To Abuja, Others As Supply Dips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ufotunang: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lumarstone:
We NIGERIANS are tired of hearing this type of news.
.. that is the renewed hope nigerians voted for
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by phemmyfour: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:
I am just tired of this kind of news coming from Nigeria. What are we doing to ourselves, for God's sakes? Are Nigerians not tired of suffering??
Imagine
Scarcity even at N500 per litre
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ufotunang: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
naijaboy756:
Was Tinubu overhyped?

Nothing is different from the old order

Infact it is even worse
..from renewed hope to renewed shege 🙄
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by smileyoo: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:
I am just tired of this kind of news coming from Nigeria. What are we doing to ourselves, for God's sakes? Are Nigerians not tired of suffering??
okay, its seems you are presently not in Nigeria.
here in Nigeria, we have different groups of people ; most nigerians are actually tired of suffering but seriously handicapped on how to change the system and improve their lots.
while some other nigerians are suffering but are not tired of suffering, so long as their tribesman is the one in power, they can always endure their sufferings even to the point of death.
While the last group are the highly favored political elites and their well connected few citizens who are really enjoying the skewed system, because the system give them almost everything F . O.C. as in free of charge; free housing, free mobility, free services, free electricity consumption.
infact whatever economic woes affecting the citizens, don't really affect them, hence they are in a world of their own, having daily balls while the masses are benefiting nothing.
funny enough the suffering nigerians are expecting these privileged political elites to champion genuine change willingly and that is almost impossible.
we are in a long journey over here, that of wrong system, wrong leadership and wrong followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Bluntemperor: 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
The only time a marketer was allowed to import petrol is in June. NNPCL have been the one importing since then. Marketers can buy from NNPCL. The likes of Mobil, Northwest, BOVAS are not importing oil but they are still selling and competing with NNPCL.
So far you have your money, you will buy fuel at the same price the NNPCL is getting their own.
A lot of independent marketers have been run out of business since fuel subsidy was remove. This are the set of people that have been fleecing Nigeria.

Federal government should disband NNPC- as a house of Fraud. They have outlived their usefulness and unless, President Tinubu loves it that way!
They should ask ARAMCO of Saudi Arabia ,to teach them how to run an Business of a Public Sector, that is making Profits with good Returns!
Those who are in NNPC are just on their own, without the Masses consideration!

There will be no fuel scarcity of que in Nigeria, NNPCL is on top of the situation. Some wise filling station owners have lease out there filling stations to NNPCL
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by emy9(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:

I’m tired honestly. I wish for once our leaders will get it right and put square pegs in square holes. We don’t deserve the treatment we’ve gotten over the years. We deserve better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Bro be honest to urself.. will the federal government give some of these petrol importers license to build a small refinery in nigeria
The federal government have been giving out license for people to build refineries fore more than 15 years now.

More than 19 individual/firms have been giving license to build refineries since Buhari first tenure, where are the refineries?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Growing(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2023
You see that CNG plan, I am afraid of it.

LET THE REFINERIES WORK.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
delpee:

A clearer explanation. I hope all NNPC, Mobil and Bovas stations will have fuel. Maybe others will buy from NNPC for now to solve the problem. We really shouldn't go back to the subsidy to independent marketers era. It's too fraud prone.
What problem are you talking about? Is there fuel scarcity in your city?

NNPCL is the sole importer of fuel, the marketers can buy from the NNPCL. Fuel Subsidy is gone for good.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Mrtaye: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
Petrol Marketers have being saying different kind of shit since subsidy was remove

Subsidy is gone for good.
Nobody is talking against subsidy removal o
So it just has to be a process or phase but the most important thing as the commander in chief is to ensure that refineries are working maximally before you reason subsidy removal..... i
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Mrtaye: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2023
b3llo:
Subsidy is a scam. This marketers are the same set of people involved in subsidy scam, hoarding of petroleum products, and transborder selling of petroleum products to enrich their pockets.

So are they now wrong in saying the refineries should have been operational before the removal of subsidy
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
The federal government have been giving out license for people to build refineries fore more than 15 years now.

More than 19 individual/firms have been giving license to build refineries since Buhari first tenure, where are the refineries?

I will need you read this thoroughly and tell me what you make of it. The issue is not just giving license but to guarantee needed incentive for the refinery to function properly. The problem we currently have in Nigeria is monopoly over everything. Certain individuals want to control the courtry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-approves-65-licences-for-private-refineries/amp/
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ogbe88(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

no ibo man will become president
Foolish talk from a fool.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Ezmans: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
Petrol Marketers have being saying different kind of shit since subsidy was remove

Subsidy is gone for good.
what is the good?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by blaise26abj(m): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nigerians do not have leaders . We only have a bunch of kleptomaniacs disguising as visionaries. Nothing dey their heads except theft . Uselessness everywhere
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

I will need you read this thoroughly and tell me what you make of it. The issue is not just giving license but to guarantee needed incentive for the refinery to function properly. The problem we currently have in Nigeria is monopoly over everything. Certain individuals want to control the courtry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-approves-65-licences-for-private-refineries/amp/
How many modular refinery is operating in Nigeria?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2023
Mrtaye:

Nobody is talking against subsidy removal o
So it just has to be a process or phase but the most important thing as the commander in chief is to ensure that refineries are working maximally before you reason subsidy removal..... i
Subsidy is gone, it has been remove.

Dangote refinery will start working this month while thePH refinry will start working in December
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
How many modular refinery is operating in Nigeria?

Lemme take a wild guess probably 2 or 3. Tho am aware of the one at Delta state. I still believe the problem is monopoly over everything.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Lemme take a wild guess probably 2 or 3. Tho am aware of the one at Delta state. I still believe the problem is monopoly over everything.
So you believe the 2 or 3 are the ones that are not letting the others build and operate their own?

A lot of people that were suppose to build this modular refineries prefer to import. That's the reason we only have 2 to 3 operating.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
So you believe the 2 or 3 are the ones that are not letting the others build and operate their own?

A lot of people that were suppose to build this modular refineries prefer to import. That's the reason we only have 2 to 3 operating.

There are so many factors involved including pipeline vandalism. Part of the reason they prefer importation

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by zikter(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
The only time a marketer was allowed to import petrol is in June. NNPCL have been the one importing since then. Marketers can buy from NNPCL. The likes of Mobil, Northwest, BOVAS are not importing oil but they are still selling and competing with NNPCL.

So far you have your money, you will buy fuel at the same price the NNPCL is getting their own.

A lot of independent marketers have been run out of business since fuel subsidy was remove. This are the set of people that have been fleecing Nigeria.

There will be no fuel scarcity of que in Nigeria, NNPCL is on top of the situation. Some wise filling station owners have lease out there filling stations to NNPCL
So what is the point in deregulation when NNPCL is the sole importer again? Licenses were granted to people to import fuel and sell so that, we will have a free market. However, this is made impossible by FOREX issues. The companies cannot get FOREX at official rate while NNPCL does. Again, there is the question of partial subsidy as government is trying to keep fuel prices low and this is exclusive to NNPCL. Yes, clearly the major oil marketers as you mentioned have preference with NNPCL than the independent marketers who source for their products in private depots. This is while there is a always a pricing gap between major and independent marketers.
Even with the major marketers, the challenges are becoming obvious. You can see some opening only twice a week. It is not uncommon to see the mega total filling station at bank Anthony way in Ikeja close gates this days, i.e if you the place I am talking about, you will understand. The Mobil I use hardly open 4 days a week this days. The signs in the oil industry are not encouraging at all
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Bfly: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
Imagine the level of divide and rule we allowed ourselves to be subjected to. Tribal and religion sentiments will both end up as lose lose
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by gigfx: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2023
Make una dey endure, 8 years of Emilokan will soon complete.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Kukutente23: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
“Worst hit are filling stations whose owners find it extremely difficult to secure funds to procure products for their retail outlets and both the independent and major marketers are so terribly affected that as at today, filling stations are shutting down in great numbers on a daily basis and dealers are going out of business with many more on the verge of bankruptcy because of their inability to secure funds to facilitate orders for their stations.
grin grin
Isn't this funny
I thought nairalanda1 said subsidy is the reason marketers are not making profit. Why are they now cosine down when subsidy has been removed?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by akaahs(m): 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Nigeria's biggest problem is not the political class. Our major problem is the citizenry that allows themselves to be bamboozled with tribal and religious theatrics.

For a nation with a high level of educated youths, we're too stupid and docile to be under a democratic rule. Once a section of the country produces a leader, people of that region mobilise themselves to sing "hallelujah" songs of defence for that leader, irrespective of his despicable performances.

When that happens, other voices of objective criticism are punctured and classified as "haters and wailers", yet the deteriorating state of the economy keeps crashing on the collective shoulders of everyone, tribe and religion notwithstanding.

I detest stupid and deceitful people. I may have my flaws, but I will never support a kinsman in the face of glaring incompetence or evil. And as long as we continue on this path, we'll lack, suffer and gnash our teeth in pain while we birth children who'll continue with the sorry state of affairs of our country.

I'll never for the rest of my life lend a hand of assistance to any Nigerian for free, anymore. Never!
This has always been my message to my colleagues in office who supported bad leadership especially if that person is inclined to their tribe or religion.
Imagine the kind voice that stand and kick Jonathan out of office because we all believed he didn't perform well. That only happened because he came from the minority part of the country.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by kcprince: 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
What problem are you talking about? Is there fuel scarcity in your city?

NNPCL is the sole importer of fuel, the marketers can buy from the NNPCL. Fuel Subsidy is gone for good.

It’s not as you think. All depot owners have been buying from NNPC since subsidy removal. Mobil, total, MRS etc all buy from NNPC. The current issue in the industry right now is that the cost price and the selling price is almost same thing. They expect you to buy 577 and sell 580. Thansport is not included. Maybe they want people to adjust their meter so that instead of 1 liter you will be given 80cl. As a result of this very low margin many stations are fussed to shut down. The news I was hearing last week is that NNPC does not have enough because they cannot restock cos of exchange rate . Let us see how next week plays out .
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
kcprince:

It’s not as you think. All depot owners have been buying from NNPC since subsidy removal. Mobil, total, MRS etc all buy from NNPC. The current issue in the industry right now is that the cost price and the selling price is almost same thing. They expect you to buy 577 and sell 580. Thansport is not included. Maybe they want people to adjust their meter so that instead of 1 liter you will be given 80cl. As a result of this very low margin many stations are fussed to shut down. The news I was hearing last week is that NNPC does not have enough because they cannot restock cos of exchange rate . Let us see how next week plays out .
So you mean NNPCL does not also have dollars to import fuel? I don't believe this. Let's wait till next week as you claim, I will quote you by this time next week Friday.

May God Protect us till then and beyond.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by kcprince: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
So you mean NNPCL does not also have dollars to import fuel? I don't believe this. Let's wait till next week as you claim, I will quote you by this time next week Friday.

May God Protect us till then and beyond.
The issue is not having dollar. They have to use the current exchange rate and crude oil rate to calculate landing cost. I am expecting a price increase unless fg secretly decide to go back to subsidy in order not to provoke labour union .
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
kcprince:

The issue is not having dollar. They have to use the current exchange rate and crude oil rate to calculate landing cost. I am expecting a price increase unless fg secretly decide to go back to subsidy in order not to provoke labour union .
So you don't know FG have been paying subsidy since last month or so?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by kcprince: 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
So you don't know FG have been paying subsidy since last month or so?
whatever they are paying is about to increase or they pass the increased cost to us. Either way.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
kcprince:
whatever they are paying is about to increase or they pass the increased cost to us. Either way.
I don't believe there will be a massive increase, the FG won't want to give labour a reason to go on strike
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by bluefilm: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
The Lagos builder is only building in vain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan Decides On Emergency Rule In Borno, Others Today / Umahi Emerges Chairman South-East Governors Forum (photos) / 500 Clerics Fast, Pray For Buhari’s Re-Election In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.