Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price (2734 Views)

Guys If You Don’t Have Up To 500k You Don’t Deserve Sex – Nigerian Lady Says / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves / Most Non-virgins Are Jealous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by CallTheCops(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
AFvckingAlpha:
Yo lemme grab my loud as I see how this drama ensues.

Yo one lady is taking y’all men on, damn!

Y’all men need to do better, cos she’s clearly savage that all of ya!

Y’all be recycling lines and she be tearing y’all with very spicy and sharp words.

I said what I said my nigga
see how they all attack her with so much vigour. This is why females Don't post on Romance section anymore. So many immature boys
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Suunnn(f): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
Emekaphilip360:
There’s a reason why your kpekus is sealed by God. It’s only for your husband. You can’t have many body counts and you expect an innocent man to pay for your bride price. Your past matters as a woman!
If judging a woman by her past is necessary so goes to a man

We are all humans, no body is perfect except you really are then cast the first stone 💝

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Anny69: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
You're my type. undecided
mapist:

I refuse to engage a low IQ female. Go and find your type.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Anny69: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:

Being an evening newspaper these days should be something of pride you know… grin
I didn't know.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Emekaphilip360:
There’s a reason why your kpekus is sealed by God. It’s only for your husband. You can’t have many body counts and you expect an innocent man to pay for your bride price. Your past matters as a woman!
Broke guys don't deserve a partner.
There is a reason why God told men to till the ground and provide for their wives. Your wife deserves to be treated like a queen. You can't be broke and expect an innocent woman to marry you. Your financial status matters as a man!

2 Likes

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by tundebasic(m): 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Merry100:

There is a reason why God told men to till the ground and provide for their wives. Your wife deserves to be treated like a queen. You can't be broke and expect an innocent woman to marry you. Your financial status matters as a man!
Can you show anywhere where God said broke men should not find love? Even the first wedding that Jesus attended, the wine finished. Wine dey finish for rich man wedding?

More so, where is it ever written that a man should till the ground to provide solely for his wife?
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by ILoveFaith: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
Anny69:
I didn't know.

I just updated you

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by mapist(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
Merry100:

Ofcourse; just as the past of a woman matters for women.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2023
tundebasic:
Can you show anywhere where God said broke men should not find love? Even the first wedding that Jesus attended, the wine finished. Wine dey finish for rich man wedding?

More so, where is it ever written that a man should till the ground to provide solely for his wife?
1 Timothy 5:8
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

It is God's design for man and woman to become one, and He provided reproductive organs that are intended for joint participation and not individual functioning. The reproductive organs in both male and female are needed by both genders and meant for the use of both genders, it seems God shared organs between both genders so that they can collaborate rather than giving each genders organs that will enable them to function individually. Hymen was simply assigned to women while God was doing the sharing. Its presence does not imply that the law concerning sexual purity applies exclusively to women. Its presence conveys a message of sexual purity to both genders, just as the reproductive organs in both genders functions collaboratively.

The law of sexual purity unquestionably applies to both men and women. If you believe that God excluded men from the law of sexual purity and permitted them to fornicate, who are they supposed to fornicate with?

Can you even specify a verse in the Bible where God declared that virginity is exclusively for women or permitted men to engage in fornication?

Why are you even crying? I thought you were playing a game of assumptions. Hope you know that two can play the game?

2 Likes

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by izonborn098(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2023
CallTheCops:
see how they all attack her with so much vigour. This is why females Don't post on Romance section anymore. So many immature boys
mumu
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by tundebasic(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2023
Merry100:

1 Timothy 5:8
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

It is God's design for man and woman to become one, and He provided reproductive organs that are intended for joint participation and not individual functioning. The reproductive organs in both male and female are needed by both genders and meant for the use of both genders, it seems God shared organs between both genders so that they can collaborate rather than giving each genders organs that will enable them to function individually. Hymen was simply assigned to women while God was doing the sharing. Its presence does not imply that the law concerning sexual purity applies exclusively to women. Its presence conveys a message of sexual purity to both genders, just as the reproductive organs in both genders functions collaboratively.

The law of sexual purity unquestionably applies to both men and women. If you believe that God excluded men from the law of sexual purity and permitted them to fornicate, who are they supposed to fornicate with?

Can you even specify a verse in the Bible where God declared that virginity is exclusively for women or permitted men to engage in fornication?

Why are you even crying? I thought you were playing a game of assumptions. Hope you know that two can play the game?
Where in my comment did you see any mention of sexual purity before wedding as a requisite for women only?

I was more concerned about you saying men are to work to provide for women. As if that's the purpose of creation of a man.

The passage you quoted says:

That text specifically did not say a man. I know you get why he was used in that context.

There are many wealthy women in the bible. The same bible that many women are using as an excuse to be lazy.

I also hope you know that the role of provision given to a woman is almost equal or even much more than of a man (If you need it, I'll post it here)?

Well, I support a man providing for his household, but when you say a man should "spoil" his wife, are the women also spoiling their husbands in return? Men are not robots too, they like to be "spoiled".
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by NEUDUDE: 11:38am On Oct 10, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Of course am ashamed somebody with #2,100 wants to bleep me. grin

If you was worth more somebody with 2k will not approach you grin
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2023
NEUDUDE:

If you was worth more somebody with 2k will not approach you grin

The person is actually an Obi supporter, you know them with their mental disease called self delusion. grin Him no know him level.

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Lucystarr(f): 11:49am On Oct 10, 2023
Emekaphilip360:
Wereeeyy
U know how many f*uk ur mama before she born you? .

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2023
tundebasic:
Where in my comment did you see any mention of sexual purity before wedding as a requisite for women only?

I was more concerned about you saying men are to work to provide for women. As if that's the purpose of creation of a man.

The passage you quoted says:

That text specifically did not say a man. I know you get why he was used in that context.

There are many wealthy women in the bible. The same bible that many women are using as an excuse to be lazy.

I also hope you know that the role of provision given to a woman is almost equal or even much more than of a man (If you need it, I'll post it here)?

Well, I support a man providing for his household, but when you say a man should "spoil" his wife, are the women also spoiling their husbands in return? Men are not robots too, they like to be "spoiled".
Most of you just enjoy twisting the Bible to your advantage.

Let me refresh your memories. In your first comment you wrote this "There’s a reason why your kpekus is sealed by God. It’s only for your husband."

Two can play the game.

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by tundebasic(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
Merry100:

Most of you just enjoy twisting the Bible to your advantage.

Let me refresh your memories. In your first comment you wrote this "There’s a reason why your kpekus is sealed by God. It’s only for your husband."

Two can play the game.
I am not the one. Maybe it was someone else. No, you should not play that game. I've come to realise that the corruption of this world will make people who don't do it seem to miss out at the end of the day.

Imagine keeping yourself as a man or woman and you couldn't find a member of the opposite sex, who even claimed to be christian like you being chaste/pure?

Men and women keeping themselves till marriage is both scriptural and cultural.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2023
tundebasic:
I am not the one. Maybe it was someone else. No, you should not play that game. I've come to realise that the corruption of this world will make people who don't do it seem to miss out at the end of the day.

Imagine keeping yourself as a man or woman and you couldn't find a member of the opposite sex, who even claimed to be christian like you being chaste/pure?

But you replied me when I quoted the person that made the statement that means you are in support of what he said. You should have also quoted him if you are not bias.

If we are to go by the Bible it's not wrong for a woman to refuse to work, even widows are expected to be supported financially and in 1 Timothy 5, the term she was mentioned in some verses before verse 8 where he was mentioned, does this not imply that the message was directed to men?

1 Timothy 5
5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

2 Likes

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
tundebasic:

You can keep your virginity to honour God's law concerning sexual purity, you are not meant to keep your virginity for your wife at the first instance. Imagine my guy telling me he kept his virginity for me, what do I want to use his virginity for, all I want is for my guy to be faithful to me.

3 Likes

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by tundebasic(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
Merry100:

But you replied me when I quoted the person that made the statement that means you are in support of what he said. You should have also quoted him if you are not bias.

If we are to go by the Bible it's not wrong for a woman to refuse to work, even widows are expected to be supported financially and in 1 Timothy 5, the term she was mentioned in some verses before verse 8 where he was mentioned, does this not imply that the message was directed to men?

1 Timothy 5
5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
I really may not have time to be going back and forth on this.

However, this is another translation of the same verse you are quoting:
New Living Translation (1 Tim 5smiley

5:8. But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.

5:16 If a woman who is a believer has relatives who are widows, she must take care of them and not put the responsibility on the church. Then the church can care for the widows who are truly alone.

How would you take care of someone if you are unemployed yourself?

You said widows are even justified if they don't work. Well. Why I will not want to concern myself with that, we are not focusing on widows here.

We are discussing the issue of man and woman, husband and wife.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by tundebasic(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
Merry100:

You can keep your virginity to honour God's law concerning sexual purity, you are not meant to keep your virginity for your wife at the first instance. Imagine my guy telling me he kept his virginity for me, what do I want to use his virginity for, all I want is for my guy to be faithful to me.
Whether you are keeping it to honour God, or your husband it doesn't matter. What matters is obedience to God's word, simple.

Moreover, if you have the opinion that one can do whatever they like with their body (since God will forgive them and they don't want to keep it for a mere husband), then, why were you asking me about the guy you mentioned earlier? Is this not the same thing he was reiterating?
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
tundebasic:
Whether you are keeping it to honour God, or your husband it doesn't matter. What matters is obedience to God's word, simple.

Moreover, if you have the opinion that one can do whatever they like with their body (since God will forgive them and they don't want to keep it for a mere husband), then, why were you asking me about the guy you mentioned earlier? Is this not the same thing he was reiterating?
The guy I mentioned earlier was just criticising ladies.

Sure, what matters is obedience to God's word but God is able to forgive all sins and we are not even permitted to judge anyone. What is my business with how someone lived his/her life in the past? Are my the judge of the world?

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2023
tundebasic:
I really may not have time to be going back and forth on this.

However, this is another translation of the same verse you are quoting:
New Living Translation (1 Tim 5smiley

5:8. But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.

5:16 If a woman who is a believer has relatives who are widows, she must take care of them and not put the responsibility on the church. Then the church can care for the widows who are truly alone.

How would you take care of someone if you are unemployed yourself?

You said widows are even justified if they don't work. Well. Why I will not want to concern myself with that, we are not focusing on widows here.

We are discussing the issue of man and woman, husband and wife.
1 Timothy 5:16
If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

Try to be logical, in other verses including the verse 16 you quoted genders where specified, it is only in verse 8 that it was not specified. NLT is a new translation Bible, the older translations used the term "he and his" to specify in verse 8. Anyway, I won't agrue with you on this.

Personally, I don't advise women to become liabilities but it is very well known that Biblically men are expected to provide for their family.

In Exodus 21:10 Moses urged men not to stop providing for their first wives even after they marry another wife, which means men usually provide for their wives. Though in the same verse, Moses permitted marrying more than one wife because of the hardness of people's heart but Jesus explained the law better when He came to the world.

Exodus 21:10
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by tundebasic(m): 12:20am On Oct 11, 2023
Merry100:

1 Timothy 5:16
If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

Try to be logical, in other verses including the verse 16 you quoted genders where specified, it is only in verse 8 that it was not specified. NLT is a new translation Bible, the older translations used the term "he and his" to specify in verse 8. Anyway, I won't agrue with you on this.

Personally, I don't advise women to become liabilities but it is very well known that Biblically men are expected to provide for their family.

In Exodus 21:10 Moses urged men not to stop providing for their first wives even after they marry another wife, which means men usually provide for their wives. Though in the same verse, Moses permitted marrying more than one wife because of the hardness of people's heart but Jesus explained the law better when He came to the world.

Exodus 21:10
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

The passage you quoted above is about a daughter sold as a slave, and betrothed to the son of the master. Who provides food for a slave?

So, I will like to know. You are trying to say a woman has no financial responsibility in the home?

It's only the man that will do everything? If you believe a woman has financial responsibilities in the home, then what are her responsibilities?

My own argument is that both of them are told to provide, not just the man.

Now, you'll see how a woman should provide here: Proverbs 32:13-16.

She seeks wool and flax,
And willingly works with her hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
She brings her food from afar.
She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her profits she plants a vineyard.

So, what are you saying about a woman should not work if she likes?

Your man should provide for you fine, you too play your own part, just do something for your husband and family.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by CallTheCops(m): 6:30am On Oct 11, 2023
izonborn098:
mumu
your father is the mumu. He should've simple used a codom to prevent this predicament of a son to be birthed. I'm sure he's regretting that moment wherever he is.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by aisha1314(f): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2023
Emekaphilip360:

Misogynist alert!!! All misogynistic guys like this who think they own women's bodies and get to decide what we do with our bodies should go and die!!! The number of partners someone has does not define them or their worth.

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Merry100: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2023
tundebasic:

The passage you quoted above is about a daughter sold as a slave, and betrothed to the son of the master. Who provides food for a slave?

So, I will like to know. You are trying to say a woman has no financial responsibility in the home?

It's only the man that will do everything? If you believe a woman has financial responsibilities in the home, then what are her responsibilities?

My own argument is that both of them are told to provide, not just the man.

Now, you'll see how a woman should provide here: Proverbs 32:13-16.

She seeks wool and flax,
And willingly works with her hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
She brings her food from afar.
She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her profits she plants a vineyard.

So, what are you saying about a woman should not work if she likes?

Your man should provide for you fine, you too play your own part, just do something for your husband and family.
Many significant women in the Bible were just homemakers. Does that mean they were not virtuous women?

The Bible is a collection of different stories at different points in time. Every story is unique and has its own pattern. Sarah, Deborah and Esther are all godly women but they didn't share the same patterns. Different consequences needs different approaches.

Every significant men and women in the Bible had their own specific pattern and way of life, they were not a photocopy of one another. Even Solomon had a different pattern and principle from that of his father, David.

Let me site an example, Psalm 58:10 was written by David and Proverb 24:17 was written by the son of David, Solomon but Proverb 24:17 gave a different concept from that of David.

Psalms 58:10
“The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.”
Proverbs 24:17
“Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:.”

God majorly want us to worship Him, love Him, love our neighbours and co-exist peacefully with others, He did not ask us to become a photocopy of someone else. Study your own situation and handle it responsibly. God has given us dominion over all things, most of the rules today were set by man. We don't have to live in fear or live by unnecessary rules that threatens our peace of mind. We are all kings on earth and we are the author of our own happiness.

I can never be a liability. I'm just playing your own game with you and showing you how the Bible can be used to any gender's advantage.

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Emekaphilip360: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2023
aisha1314:

Misogynist alert!!! All misogynistic guys like this who think they own women's bodies and get to decide what we do with our bodies should go and die!!! The number of partners someone has does not define them or their worth.
shut the fuvk up. Look at what this one is saying

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Emekaphilip360: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2023
Suunnn:

If judging a woman by her past is necessary so goes to a man

We are all humans, no body is perfect except you really are then cast the first stone 💝
olosho don drop quote
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Emekaphilip360: 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
Lucystarr:

Wereeeyy
U know how many f*uk ur mama before she born you? .
see this fool. My mom married as a virgin. Na your mama don f*uk almost 20 men before she born you. Speak for your mama
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by Emekaphilip360: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2023
Merry100:

see this one relaying on guys money to survive. No wonder yahoo boys use you guys to do suya. I pity you. Don’t learn how to be independent yourself. You will learn the hard way.
Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by TheFreshVanilla: 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2023
Broke guys shouldn't be in a relationship let alone dating a virgin. No tangible work, you barely feed yourself, but have data to talk sh!!t online about women. If you can't provide for her, you don't deserve her virginity.

1 Like

Re: Non-virgins Don’t Deserve Bride Price by aisha1314(f): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
Emekaphilip360:
shut the fuvk up. Look at what this one is saying

Go Bleep yourself and your mother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help. My Girlfriend Wants Me To Choose : Or She Will Leave Me / Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship / Can U Allow Ur Fiancee Wear A G Strings Pant!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.