Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets (20969 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada / Sanwo-olu Orders Probe Of Pupil Sent Out Of School Over Obi’s Poster / LASG Gives 2 Weeks Ultimatum To Illegal Occupants Of Jankara Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Morbeta11(m): 6:16am On Oct 09, 2023
The Lagos State Governor on Sunday ordered the demolition of Jankara and Bombata markets in Lagos Island to allow for the free flow of water into the drains.

There will be zero-tolerance and from Monday, the Ministry of Environment will start giving demolition notices to all the stores that have been built on the drains and all existing drains.

They have built shops on all the drains and that is why we are having these problems of flooding and environmental pollution.

“We cannot let a few people risk the lives of the larger number of us,
Sanwo-Olu said after a drainage and regeneration tour of Lagos Island.

He noted that a lot of illegal structures erected in the markets had blocked the drainage channels causing flooding, adding that human activities had negatively impacted the areas.

He stressed that the markets must give way to allow for urban regeneration and to end perennial flooding in the area.

The governor told all illegal squatters and those involved in illegal activities that the government would take and clean up the markets as it enforced its zero tolerance for illegal environmental activities.

Sanwo-Olu also observed that Pelewura Market was currently harbouring a large number of illegal squatters.

“We are going to give them adequate notice and we are going to work with our concessionaires, the local government, and all the stakeholders will be brought on board.

We will all agree as to when that demolition and evacuation will start. I have given them the first notice already and I will give them the opportunity as stakeholders, for us to know when that final demolition will take place,’’ Sanwo-Olu said.

The governor noted also that Idumagbo Avenue Road which was once well-built had failed because of activities in markets in the area.

He affirmed that the tour offered him the opportunity to establish what the issues were and to evolve lasting solutions to them.

He said the solution would begin from Ilubinrin Pump Station as the government had been on the project for almost two years because of the depth of work to be done.

He explained that the government would start an assessment of Idumagbo Avenue, Ojo Giwa, and Adeniji Adele Road.

“It will be an opportunity for us to review Phase 2 of Adeniji Adele, which starts from Idumagbo Junction, all the way to Ebute Ero.

“That will be a long-term regeneration of the entire area and with this coming up early next year, we will solve the entire drainage issues of the place,’’ Sanwo-Olu said.

He cautioned residents of the areas against blocking the drains, noting that their way of life and behaviour contributed to the problem.

According to him, no matter how deep the drains are, they will get blocked if people continue to dump refuse in them.

NAN

https://punchng.com/sanwo-olu-orders-jankara-bombata-markets-demolition/#:~:text=The%20Lagos%20State%20Governor%20on,of%20water%20into%20the%20drains.

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Dreal1247: 6:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Hope there is adequate plans to get the traders relocated to avoid economic hardship.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Ttalk: 6:39am On Oct 09, 2023
smiley
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by TemplarLandry: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by jahsharon: 6:43am On Oct 09, 2023
Point and Do Governor.

One of the Disciples of Emilokan JAGABAN Borgu

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by accordadoga26(f): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2023
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Corrinthians(m): 6:46am On Oct 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
Hope there is adequate plans to get the traders relocated to avoid economic hardship.
There's enough space to accommodate you and your brothers and sisters in the East. You may all relocate there. After all, y'all brag about taking your investments back home.

This should be a no brianer. Go home.

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by SoNature(m): 6:46am On Oct 09, 2023
I love this. I often wonder why markets in Nigeria don't have cemented floor. Whenever it rains, everywhere becomes like shit! The day I visited the Ketu market and Ladipo Spare parts market after rains, I nearly threw up! I kept wondering how those people were comfortable selling in such disgusting markets.

In the pictures below, notice the difference between the Nigerian market and the Indian market. The Indian market is tiled while the Nigerian market wasn't tiled. This is almost like a tradition in this country.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by hamouston91(m): 6:53am On Oct 09, 2023
Watch the Igbos wailing over Yoruba matter. grin

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by a4cube: 6:56am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
There's enough space to accommodate you and your brothers and sisters in the East. You may all relocate there. After all, y'all brag about taking your investments back home.

All the markets mentioned are small markets for mainly Yoruba peasants. I have not even heard of them before apart from Jankara where you guys buy human parts for protein and ritual purpose.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by MadamExcellency: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2023
SoNature:
I love this. I often wonder why markets in Nigeria don't have cemented floor. Whenever it rains, everywhere becomes like shit! The day I visited the Ketu market and Ladipo Spare parts market after rains, I nearly threw up! I kept wondering how those people were comfortable selling in such disgusting markets.

In the pictures below, notice the difference between the Nigerian market and the Indian market. The Indian market is tiled while the Nigerian market wasn't tiled. This is almost like tradition in this country.

Stop comparing free zone and main market.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by SoNature(m): 7:03am On Oct 09, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Stop comparing free zone and main market.

Madam or whatever gender you are, my point is simple: government should start using all the levies they collect from those market women to fix their markets. We should stop living and behaving like animals in this part of the world. Dem no swear for us!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Couldntfigurean: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

So there are no Yorubas selling in those Markets?

I can’t with you yoruba Muslims anymore,always typing before thinking

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Cassandraloius: 7:15am On Oct 09, 2023
Good innovation.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by IDENNAA(m): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

If you weren't dd.u.mb you would have known these market are populated by Yoruba people...tribalism is a disgrace

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Beremx(f): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

those markets are mostly dominated by Yoruba people. Before you pour your frustrations on Igbo people, go and ask the percentage of Igbos doing business in those markets

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Acidosis(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

Tribalism has eaten this one's brain. Igbos now own everything, including the entire markets in Lagos.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Simeonjoe1: 7:33am On Oct 09, 2023
SoNature:

Madam or whatever gender you are, my point is simple: government should start using all the levies they collect from those market women to fix their markets. We should stop living and behaving like animals in this part of the world. Dem no swear for us!

Swears... Even dumb heap of refuge inside market. We live like goat shitting where we eat and sell.

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by TinubuDeDrugLor: 7:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

Nigerians have right to live anywhere they want. You can't force anyone out you son of a bi....tch....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Corrinthians(m): 8:11am On Oct 09, 2023
Beremx:
those markets are mostly dominated by Yoruba people. Before you pour your frustrations on Igbo people, go and ask the percentage of Igbos doing business in those markets
Do I look like a give a shit about your opinion or that of any other iboe around here? Once it is Lagos or any other parts of the west y'all come out barring all fangs. The same was said to be in the offing in Anambra and other parts of that blighted landscape, but just like the bald witch called Ezekwesili, y'all lost your voices. Not a single grunt was uttered.

You lot think too highly of yourselves. You've gotta take a rain check sometimes and tell yourselves the truth. Oh, sorry, to do that, one has to be human first. My bad.

Now you can crawl the Bleep on. I'm sure your kind, other iboes, are waiting for you down the line. Cheers.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Corrinthians(m): 8:12am On Oct 09, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Nigerians have right to live anywhere they want. You can't force anyone out you son of a bi....tch....
Charles Darwin was right after all. 😊

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Finestgurlie(f): 8:15am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
Do I look like a give a shit about your opinion or that of any other iboe around here? Once it is Lagos or any other parts of the west y'all come out barring all fangs. The same was said to be in the offing in Anambra and other parts of that blighted landscape, but just like the bald witch called Ezekwesili, y'all lost your voices. Not a single grunt was uttered.

You lot think too highly of yourselves. You've gotta take a rain check sometimes and tell yourselves the truth. Oh, sorry, to do that, one has to be human first. My bad.

Now you can crawl the Bleep on. I'm sure your kind, other iboes, are waiting for you down the line. Cheers.
as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje ooo
as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje baje
as e dey pain gan gan
e dey sweet me baje baje
gbagili gbagili gbagili

Hahahahahaha nice song

21 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by MadamExcellency: 8:20am On Oct 09, 2023
SoNature:

For your mind tilling empty spaces is better for environment? This is ecological summersault.

Your sense of judgement is in kindergarten stage. I repeat stop the comparison and advocate for keeping the environment clean and healthy for human activities.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Beremx(f): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

All these your offpoint fake american writing doesn't stop the fact that those markets are highly populated by Yorubas. Everything is not all about Igbos. Stop sulking

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by theophorus(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2023
Any small thing like this, one particular people go dey cry and insult others, dem go still dey claim Victim join.

Abeg Broda Sanwo-Olu do wetin you gat do to make that city into a first class city, Abeg no look uche face ooo.
Just carry go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by NaijaCover(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Abolodje: 8:27am On Oct 09, 2023
Sanwo-olu wan bomb Bombata market😆

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Onyeigbo10000: 8:27am On Oct 09, 2023
Just because some set of people did not vote for you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by STEWpid(f): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2023
Chai..

See tribalists above.

They comment without reading or asking why!

Awon eran'gbe.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marketers Sell Petrol Above N145/L In 16 States (see the states) / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / 2023: Zoning Presidency To South "Not A Must" — Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.