Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,488 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? (18201 Views)

Poll: Who got balls of steel?

Colonel Ojukwu: 29% (48 votes)
Colonel Gadhaffi: 52% (84 votes)
None of above: 5% (9 votes)
I cant be bothered: 12% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

‘you Can’t Be More Biafran Than Ojukwu Who Abandoned Struggle’ Ben Apugo / I Slept Around With Maried Women Including Bianca Ojukwu, Who Am I? / Maitama Sule And Ojukwu Who Is More Eloquent And Has Good Command In English.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by lagcity(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
chei! see drama for thread! My Yoruba and Igbo brothers, una don fall hand seriously ooo.

Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Onlytruth(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ak47mann

I suspect that Okija_juju's father must have been executed by Ojukwu for sabotage or maybe ra-ping women during the struggle. So, he has resorted to shadow boxing in futile attempts to tarnish the legacy of a legend.
So, just ignore him henceforth.

Ojukwu is bigger than some peoples' brains can wrap around.
I have read and research the war SERIOUSLY, and I am a fierce seeker of truth, at least to help me mold a better future.
The only reason Biafra lost the war was due to lack of heavy weapons or counter measures for heavy weapons. Nigeria never presented enough time for anyone to plan well, even right from independence. That is why there is always massacres, riots, coups. These are all products of spontaneity. Ojukwu had two choices after the July 1966 counter-coup and the continued killing of Igbos: flee Nigeria and allow the North to kill off the rest of Eastern army officers and valuable civilians; or stand and fight.
He chose to stand and fight, though unprepared and unplanned. For that alone, he is a GIANT of un-Nigerian proportions, because there is no other man like that in the entire Nigerian history.

Back to the war, this was proven completely by accounts of what happened when France started late in the war to supply Biafra with FEW of field artillery and mortars. Now imagine if they did that earlier before Biafra lost most of the best fighters. I can only accuse Ojukwu of not being GOD (cos he did EVERYTHING humanly possible to save Biafra). I was amazed by the ingenuity of the Biafran fighting force,eg how they outmaneuvered the Nigerians almost on regular basis, and how the Nigerians couldn't capture small areas of land without first leveling it with heavy artillery fire, tank fire and massive aerial bombardment.  History tells us that Biafran fighters were FAR MORE motivated and braver in war. The loss masks all these.
So, those who choose to insult men like Ojukwu had fathers who could not get close to Ojukwu enough to wipe his  @55.  cool
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by EkoIle1: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
bestview:

I have just realised that you a bigger fool like your father inbreeder Obj. The ordinary almajiris killed the first class yoroobas abioala, kudirat, bola ige, fusho williams and what Yoruba leaders did was to collect bribe to seal their leaps in fear, as for your foolish awalowoa he committed suicide.

When people quote and don't address and dispute the facts presented and instead spewed irrelevant and redundant rubbish, it clearly means they wholeheartedly agree with you and have nothing to go against your facts.

Sucks to be ibo for real,

Quote from: Eko Ile on Today at 06:53:56 PM

According to the history of Nigeria, ojukwu and ibo people are the ultimate cowards.

1. Zik ran off like a lil Kitty when the country was burning.

2. Aguiyi-Ironsi chickened out by not punishing the ibo murdered after the first coup in Nigeria and his a/s/s got wiped out.

3. 50,000 ibo got slaughtered up north and they all ran back to their villages with their tails between their legs.

4. Ojukwu the grand coward himself created his own exit strategy by dumping ibo people on the battled field after leading 2 million people to their deaths and head off to IC to drink pamy and fcukkkkk ashawo.

Your whole history is all about cowardice,

ndo-
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Onlytruth(m): 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
The funny thing also is that the war was actually won by Northern Nigeria men.
The only division of the Nigerian army (3MCO) during the war under a Yoruba, was seriously dealt with and would have been routed completely if not for the other two divisions commanded by Northerners.
However, I don't see much of Northerners bragging here. It is always Yoruba. lol

However, my main concern is that I don't know whether current Easterners possess our fathers' fighting spirit and doggedness. I don't know, and I worry because Nigeria remains unresolved.

@my Igbo and Eastern brothers, let us abandon this thread like we did others.
Our fathers were lions and I hope that we are lion cubs.  cool
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by lagcity(m): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

The only division of the Nigerian army (3MCO) during the war under a Yoruba, was seriously dealt with and would have been routed completely if not for the other two divisions commanded by Northerners.

However, I don't see much of Northerners bragging here. It is always Yoruba. lol

However, my main concern is that I don't know whether current Easterners possess our fathers' fighting spirit and doggedness. I don't know, and I worry because Nigeria remains unresolved.

Our fathers were lions and I hope that we are lion cubs. cool
why must you lie? does this help you sleep at night or what? it is like someone saying one Biafran division would have been routed if not for another Biafran division. what sense does that make? is war meant to be fought by one single division in the first place? anyway all of this is just consolation because i know you know that it was Murtala who screwed up the most during the war and Achuzia dealt with him.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by jason123: 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^
Na now you just dey know Onlylies aka Igbotruth??
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
Yoruba is no better than Igbo

Igbo is no better than Hausa

Hausa is no better than Yoruba

Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are same = Nigerians

Any other opinion is ignorance and backwards thinking.

These tribalist posts are not making anybody feel good about themselves, so why continue?

We Nigerians have to look to positives in ourselves and stop negativity.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by almoner(m): 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
Learn to respect heroes, people!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by delpee(f): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Our fathers were lions and I hope that we are lion cubs.  cool

Really? U no sabi history. Gen. Benjamin Adekunle aka Black Scorpion was the one that tormented Biafrans the most. Not that i am proud of it  but war is war. OBJ took over from him. Ask those who were soldiers then. Besides even in peacetime, Col Adekunle Fajuyi chose to die rather than give up his guest an Igbo man - Gen Aguiyi Ironsi.

GenBuhari:

Yoruba is no better than Igbo

Igbo is no better than Hausa

Hausa is no better than Yoruba

Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are same = Nigerians

Any other opinion is ignorance and backwards thinking.

These tribalist posts are not making anybody feel good about themselves, so why continue?

We Nigerians have to look to positives in ourselves and stop negativity.

I agree with you. Dont mind these noisemakers, many of whom are spewing out hearsay and causing disaffection among tribes when we all know that every tribe has its good, bad and ugly.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by scorpio1(m): 12:29am On Oct 25, 2011
@poster, I spoke to your mom. I asked her that now she has had a chance to see what kind of a man you turned out to be, would she have re-considered and aborted you? She told me,"Hell YES!, I personally would have sucked him out with his Daddy's shop Vac and tossed his carcass on the floor for the stray cats to eat." Looks like you are a big time loser cupcake. Do us all a favor and consider ending your miserable life. You are taking up valuable resources.

GBAM!, No need to waste time replying this Idiot!
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by remarkD(m): 12:35am On Oct 25, 2011
@Delpee, why was Benjamin Adekunli replaced?
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by kettykin: 3:52am On Oct 25, 2011
@ posters , i would rather have 10,000 ojukwus who can fight with me for 30 months and desert me in the face of war fatigue, superior enemy firepower and lack of weapon than have 100,000 ghadaffy who can fight only for 8 months before getting captured and killed in battle front while begging for his life , than having 10,000,000 army made up of diya, ogundipe, adisa, e.t.c who cannot fight with me when it matters most.

My instincts tells me that if gej was a yoruba man he would have run off to london or ghana during the yaradua health issue.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Obiagu1(m): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2011
Silly thread!

Col. Gaddafi fought only 8 months war, was caught like a rat holed up in a hole, dragged along the road, killed like a criminal and stored in a meat freezer. His people celebrated his death.
Col. Ojukwu fought a 30 months war, is loved by his people and seen as the leader of his people, state money was spent for his medical treatment and would probably receive a state burial when he is gone.

So why on earth would any sane person compare the two
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by remarkD(m): 4:36am On Oct 25, 2011
Maybe they're just doing it for fun? cause its hard to believe the amount of panadal one would be taking for someone elses head ache, albeit a perceived headache! haha i laugh in , don't even know what to laugh in lol.
I have a feeling that even after Ojukwu dies, some people would still shiver and begin barking at the sound of his name.
E mere ya unu eme? We're all one y'all. The same dignity and respect you have or want, is applicable to the other person no matter his tribe or ethnic group. Being vicious and extremely tribalistic ain't healthy at all. Don't hate, appreciate smiley One love smiley
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by olduche(m): 4:52am On Oct 25, 2011
Now u check this out: 'One was called a Rat by his own people the other was called a Lion and will remain a LION to his people'. Ojukwu all d way.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by lagcity(m): 5:03am On Oct 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

Col. Gaddafi fought only 8 months war

kettykin:

@ posters , i would rather have 10,000 ojukwus who can fight with me for 30 months and desert me in the face of war fatigue, superior enemy firepower and lack of weapon than have 100,000 ghadaffy who can fight only for 8 months before getting captured and killed in battle front while begging for his life

Igboman dey lie as usual. 8 months against NATO is like 8 years against Nigerian forces.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by lagcity(m): 5:08am On Oct 25, 2011
kettykin:

My instincts tells me that if gej was a yoruba man he would have run off to london or ghana during the yaradua health issue.

Well, cry all you want, GEJ happens not to be a Yoruba coward grin. Thank you for confirming that running away is cowardice. Ojukwu ran away, he's a coward. There's no other way around it tongue.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Relax101(m): 5:27am On Oct 25, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzlNq2GTBc&[/flash]

I dedicate this song to all the tribal lords of Nairaland.com.
Enjoy and keep bashing yourselves beyond redemption.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 25, 2011
^^^This is way better than that trash. My gosh, I loff 9ice kiss kiss kiss

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMonOjbEGws?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Tony payne best tame him for herself sha. I no every naija babe wants a piece of that grin
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 25, 2011
He's the only one that can make Yoruba sound so flawless in this Naija "Hip hop"
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by kettykin: 5:44am On Oct 25, 2011
The truth about Nigeria is that nigerians don't own up to the truth. How can fighting NATO be compared to fighting soviet union . Great Britain. Germany .Egypt US with African countries . The only role NATO played in libya was providing air cover for rebels. Ghaddafi fought rebels for Gods sake.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by slimghost(m): 8:50am On Oct 25, 2011
@OP
I wont insult any tribe because of your stupidity.But if you think Ojukwu is a coward who betrayed his people,just go to any eastern state,any one,stand on the street and shout "Ojukwu is a coward" and see what happens to you. grin cheesy grin
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2011
Bia, AK47Mann

Take ya time. Nka bu qua your last warning!! E kwe qua na kam we iwe oku ebe e no'!!

hapu'm aka. My opinion and your own may differ mana I remain an Elder, a Titled man and an Eze mmuo!

A kpari zi nam!!

Onlytruth:

@ak47mann

I suspect that Okija_juju's father must have been executed by Ojukwu for sabotage or maybe ra-ping women during the struggle. So, he has resorted to shadow boxing in futile attempts to tarnish the legacy of a legend.So, just ignore him henceforth.

JESUS of AROCHUKWU!!

Onlytruth!! Kedu ngbe nka bido?! So I must agree with you and your logic abi!!? Nna I will only let this slide by maka ibu nwafor, otherwise I would have brought out my ogbunigwe and gone to war!!

Let me re-affirm my position on Ojukwu, He is a Bitc'h, a Coward and will die a slow, painful and shameful death. DO you know why Biafra will never be actualized? Because the man who led them to war was a coward who wasnt ready to die for what he believed in.

You said no one could get close to Ojukwu!! Let me laugh at you a bit!! My grand father fought that war as one of the commanders. His picture hangs inside Ojukwus bunker even today. My Grand father was on a first name basis with that traitor call Ojukwu, who led them into battle and left them to die.

My friend, just because we all chat and act foolish on here atimes dont mean you are talking to nobodys, for all you know, direct decendants of major players in that ill-thought war may just be the ones hiding behind one of these user i.d's.

You are not more Igbo than I am, the difference btw us is I say it as I feel it, you cant stand those who do not agree with you.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
Please educate yourself about Nigeria's history:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.0.html
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Dede1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
delpee:

Really? U no sabi history. Gen. Benjamin Adekunle aka Black Scorpion was the one that tormented Biafrans the most. Not that i am proud of it  but war is war. OBJ took over from him. Ask those who were soldiers then. Besides even in peacetime, Col Adekunle Fajuyi chose to die rather than give up his guest an Igbo man - Gen Aguiyi Ironsi.

I agree with you. Dont mind these noisemakers, many of whom are spewing out hearsay and causing disaffection among tribes when we all know that every tribe has its good, bad and ugly.

Eko Ole is demented Osaka swine who unfortunately has disciples of uneducated clowns. The only phrase the devilish swine could remember is “Sucks to be ibo for real”, a gutter language that resonates with glorified gutter fools such Eko Ole.

deplee has inflated the statistical database of lazy and moronic scholars out of Nigeria who dwelled on innuendos and fabricated falsehood. The bolded has spoken volumes about the character named deplee.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by EkoIle1: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2011
Dede1:

Eko Ole is demented Osaka swine who unfortunately has disciples of uneducated clowns. The only phrase the devilish swine could remember is “Sucks to be ibo for real”, a gutter language that resonates with glorified gutter fools such Eko Ole.

deplee has inflated the statistical database of lazy and moronic scholars out of Nigeria who dwelled on innuendos and fabricated falsehood. The bolded has spoken volumes about the character named deplee.  

Sucks to be ibo of course.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by babyboy3(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
What I dont understand is the bunch of hypocrites who are growing in anger because people claimed that Ojukwu legged it at the sight of Danjuma and his armies,

if the question was about Genevieve vs Omotola you would the opportunity to vent their anger as if Omotola owes them money just to prove that Genevieve is better, am sorry Igbo people on this forum you should be able to take the rough with the smooth, when the rumour broke out that Dbanj is dating Genevieve the Igbo's on here started calling him all sorts of names. Am sorry regardless where they are both from Gadhaffi is a different animal to Ojukwu, Gadhaffi took on the western world and died in the end, If Ojukwu faces the western world or Nato he would have took off after the 2nd tomahawk missile has been launched.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by Dede1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Sucks to be ibo of course.

In the same manner it sucks to be Yoruba and Oke Ole the maggot.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

SucksGREAT to be iboIgbo of course.

Just wanted to help you correct a few mistakes in your post wink. No need to thank me, i'm just nice like that. grin grin wink
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by lagcity(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
kettykin:

The truth about Nigeria is that nigerians don't own up to the truth. How can fighting NATO be compared to fighting soviet union . Great Britain. Germany .Egypt US with African countries . The only role NATO played in libya was providing air cover for rebels. Ghaddafi fought rebels for Gods sake.

no wonder you are the way u are. u actually believe this crap abt NATO aircover grin .by the way, which soviet union, britain and germany do you liars keep referring to? is it Nigeria's fault that Biafra sucked in international relations despite all the propaganda about being a christian country under attack? are u also telling me that Biafra didn't get foreign help therefore it manufactured planes, uzzis, and Ak47 used during the war? didn't Ojukwu say u guys had 117 rifles at the start? i know it is human nature to want to make excuses and console yourself but this is a public forum where you can't get awat with lies. It is not my business whether Ojukwu abandoned your ppl or not. In fact, I even wish you your own country more than Uwazurike himself, just don't come here and start killing us with the lies.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by delpee(f): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
Dede1:

Simply confirm by asking those who should know. Anger and abuse is most unnecessary dear brother.
Re: Colonel Gadhaffi Vs Colonel Ojukwu:who Got Balls Of Steel?who Was The Real Man? by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Just wanted to help you correct a few mistakes in your post wink. No need to thank me, i'm just nice like that. grin grin wink

Unfortunately for you, you can not correct ibo people's sense if insecurity, low self esteem and needless desire to always compare yourself to everything under the sun and if I might add, crying everyday and blaming the whole world for your silly and goofy adventures.

Try work on that.

Still sucks to be ibo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects / How God Saved Me From Dasukigate – Senator Arise / Buhari Cancels Trip To Sambisa Forest, To Be Represented By Defence Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.