Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15339 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Myer(m): 6:39am On Oct 15, 2023
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BXNX: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2023
i believe most churches are scam!!

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by 10mobile: 6:49am On Oct 15, 2023
In my immaturity, I once stopped going to church. The temptation still returns from time to time. My reason was/is that church started looking like a scam. They seem to be far more interested in money than what the Bible says.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Jbleenk: 6:49am On Oct 15, 2023
I read that at 95% Nigeria is next only to Afghanistan at 98% as the MOST PRAYERFUL COUNTRY in the whole world.

It is not a coincidence that both counties are the most corrupt and two of the fastest decaying countries of the world.

Whereas on the other hand, China at 1%, UK at 6% and Switzerland at 6% are ranked as the LEAST PRAYERFUL COUNTRIES in the whole world.

No surprise.

Ironically, my people in Nigeria are praying, fasting, casting and binding and their Pastors are Prophesying for them to get VISAS to go and slave it out in those foreign, less prayerful countries by adding to their LABOUR FORCE and helping to improve the PRODUCTIVITY in those countries.

My people won't have much space to PRAY when they get to Europe. It is all round work else you don't survive.

We were never like this. We were targeted and railroaded into the situation we find ourselves and the people we have become today.

We were deliberately misguided and pulled out of our various peaceful and less congested locations where we are very productive, and brought or perhaps forced out to live the congested city arrangement where we became much less productive and dependent on the finished goods from the lands of the people who railroaded us into the cities.

We need to reverse the sequence that brought us here

The very first step to take control of our lives is to MAN UP TO THE PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS TO US.

There is an urgent need for a reversal of the trend of Rural-Urban Migration.

We must become INDUSTRIALIZED and the very start point is massive investment in AGRICULTURE.

The various Governments at state levels must work out ways to decentralize their city centers by at least adding value to the rural communities such that our people can return to rejig our society from the very base.

But we are not doing this.

The controllers of our National life are making certain that RELIGION is permanently on the top burner for us and in our consciousness. They are funding these people you see carrying Γ’SΓ™KÁ on their heads and the PASTORPRENEURS to do what they do.

They are making certain through their activities that AS A PEOPLE we are permanently glued to religion and forever listening to the ADEBOYES of this country.

Pastor Adeboye's recent comment on the ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN crises, calling for prayers for Israel, is enough to reveal his hypocrisy, insincerity.and true self.

These people are agents of NEOCOLONIALISM. I don't think anyone should argue this!

#WeHaveMissedRoad

Β© Adedamola Adetayo
15 October 2023

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by 10mobile: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2023
BXNX:
i believe most churches are scam!!

I was still writing my comment when you posted yours. I'm happy you said something similar to what I'm saying. It's really hard to find a church that doesn't look like a scam (ie. that is absolutely dedicated to the cause of salvation rather than money). But, to reduce the chances of getting scammed, I advice people to attend where your spirit accepts and ONLY for the sake of God. This is to say that you don't do things just because the pastor said it but because you know it's what God wants. Thanks.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ReacherSaidNoth: 7:09am On Oct 15, 2023
Even when I was a Christian the crowd and their activities always bored me. Now I have stepped away from it, it amazes me how I could ever endure such mass delusion.

Christianity and its imported desert god are an unfortunate remnant of colonialism. Once you see the scam it of you will prefer to mop the Atlantic instead of wasting your time in the midst of brainwashed noisemakers.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:47am On Oct 15, 2023
4kn scamming religious bigots of the brain washed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by JASONjnr(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Even when I was a Christian the crowd and the their activities always bored me. Now I have stepped away from it, it amazes me how I could ever endure such mass delusion.

Christianity and its imported desert god are an unfortunate remnant of colonialism. Once you see the scam it of you will prefer to mop the Atlantic instead of wasting your time in the midst of brainwashed noisemakers.

Imagine going to church for several years and every single time, you get prayed for, to prosper and to receive your blessings and wealth and cars and houses and so on... Yet churches keeps recording high number of poor people in their midst. While the preacher gets richer and would use himself as example to tell his congregation how God came through for him and how he's now rich.....

They'll tell you that if you don't have money, you should go to church, that God's blessings are all that you need But is the church the only place to receive God's blessings?

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Curious345: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2023
As a child of God , church automatically became my comfort zone ..

How can I quit church ? Be like say the op dey ment

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Simeony007(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2023
As long as I'm living I and my family will always be in his presence

😍😍😍πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Where would I be if not in his house?

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Alearna: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2023
Cos I've been chronically depressed.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Jahzrockballer(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2023
omo
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ClassicMan202(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2023
Fhh
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SonofGod231: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2023
I always go to church,I just change from one church to another when they become boring and demanding.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by id4sho(m): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2023
People I look up to were devil's advocate. They are elders and missionary workers . They've mastered the art of deception and manipulation. It's been six years now but last quarter of this year is a new dawn for me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by DiamondPant(f): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2023
Myer:
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love.

The answers to our questions and the solution to our problems are in the Presence of God- in our personal secret place and the gathering of saints.

Meanwhile, let's prep for service.
Prayers are still being answered.
I'm still trying to convince myself that I should go and worship a god who expects me to praise him when things go right and still praise him without asking questions when things go wrong.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by TwentyOnePilots(m): 8:59am On Oct 15, 2023
undecided
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by prinsam30: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2023
I don't even know wen last I go to church and I don't av a reason for that

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SAMBARRY: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2023
As much as I don't like attacking or criticizing churches,I have a feeling that that is the purpose of this thread because if not so why this thread of all days, sunday.meanwhile as irritating as Muslims can be with their violent and unruly tendencies,you Will never see them badmouthing where they go to slam their head.even they themselves know that they are toxic to each other but you will never see them opening their yansh for the world to see.yes they're overbearing but they have unity of purpose and know how to cover each others bs.

Christians it's enough stop running down churches and pastors.yes we have bad eggs amongst pastors making Christianity seem like a joke but dragging them every Sunday will change nothing.going to church is a personal decision.if you want to go,go,if you don't want to go you can rest at home but it's not necessary to state why you chose not to go to church because you owe no one any explanation.christianity is an individual race not a collective journey

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by MilitantAtheist: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2023
Because of the Terrorist character the Bible portrayed as God. However the Grand architect of the Universe is very much in existence and watches us all, I was atheist but I know better. I know religion is created by the cults to control the global morons, however GAOU exists just accept this even as an atheist, u can't be a Free Mason without belief in the Grand architect

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Krisdan(m): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
Most churches now only care about speaking in tongues(whether na lie ko na true I no no)...no more deep spiritual preaching na only bunch of spiritual and physical hypocrites u go dey find 4 church now adays

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by money121(m): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
Ok
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kennyz247(m): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
No money in the church and fine fine babes no dey come church again..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Xwizard: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
It’s been 5yrs I stopped

No regret so far, just more time available for other stuffs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Icarus99(f): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
Pastor say we don finish bible

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Georgejeez: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
Ever since it became clear that it's actually Family business , I have not stepped my foot in any Religious business centre .

Imagine a father sidelining all the experienced , Godly pastors who started the church with him to appoint his Worldly tattoo and dada carrying wayward son as the Head Pastor , all because he doesn't want the key to the Church purse to leave his household ..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Winters23: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2023
grin

The only church I will attend is the one I am the president and founder.

Until then I observe from a distance.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Smithwilliams826: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2023
Sunday isn't God Sabbath day.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by dust144(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2023
The pastor took a side in political parties

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.