Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15477 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Juju70(m): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2023
Too many unanswered questions for a logical mind!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Jbleenk: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
BeigJawnson:

Who told you China don't pray? A man serving idols too pray. Indians too pray...
You can tell me Americans don't pray. When they say God bless America, na curse be that?

Our problem in Africa is that we have bad leaders not prayer...

I didn’t make this up

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BeigJawnson(m): 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jbleenk:

I didn’t make this up

The source might be right, no religion on this earth that doesn't pray to anything they serve...

What is the meaning of the word "Pray"
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BeigJawnson(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jbleenk:

I didn’t make this up

This is the meaning of the word "pray"

"Pray"
verb
address a prayer to God or another deity.

I never said your statistic is wrong ooo. No country that has religions that won't have who pray.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Myer(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
sonofthunder:

Can we have a counter thread on why people started attending church.

Not always we focus on the negative aspects
Great idea. If it's not yet opened, I'll do that. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ayotoluakande: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2023
[b][/b]I understand that so many are hurt by the church’s purported money antics. In some cases the avarice of some church leaders have been very evident, but have you guys heard of the Church of Christ.

Those guys serve God and do just what Bible says no drama, no scheme, no human head. Check them on the internet. If you are in Abuja, there’s one in Kado, Lagos - computer village and so many places, in fact it is everywhere. Just church google fit the one closest to you
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Myer(m): 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2023
Softino:
I Quit going to anything related to church because Christianity is a weak religion, meant for the weak. Islam is the only way. The only religion I can practice now.

When you meet true Christians you will have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Myer(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
Chibosco:
church na business now,no be church in the olden day again

Yea, a lot of churches today arr simply business ventures. And most people fall for them because we also love to hear what they preach.

When you search for a church that preaches and teaches the true gospel, you will see the difference. But you must be ready to submit to the Truth as revealed in the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Jamie1000: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
I stopped for while, now I go when I need to free my mind. Anything weyy them dey talk OYO. 😆 🤣 😂
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Chizigreat(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
How We Receive In This Kingdom.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg5wzJK3SMM?si=Q6t3acp7mFVBLks6
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Gajagojo: 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
Profit and loss account
No gain

much loss

in common sense,time and money

Best way to free your mind is silence and solitude

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Ubdavison: 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
The moment I started thinking and acting logically

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by InvertedHammer: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
/
Just like in politics, the colonialists left and handed the keys to their barns to some Africans to keep the sheep chained to ignorance. Their African counterparts are doing one hell of a job keeping the chains secure for pecuniary gains.

Anyone with an iota of brain will know that whoever is willing to enslave for oil in your backyard (like in Nigeria) or the mineral resources in your land (like in Niger, etc) never meant good. It is idiotic to subscribe to their trojan horse packaged as religion.

But then, we are talking about black people. What else could go wrong?

/
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Nigerian men keep disturbin me there embarassed embarassed

Why won't they disturb you? When you go dey shake booty all in the name of praise and worship
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by xtervaganza(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
I cannot worship a God whose description does not even look like me or my ancestors.

An African christian or Muslim na mumu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Chetas81(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
Zee0007:
I want to go but I am very broke. Nothing dey my side. I am waiting on God to tell one of his sons to ask for my acct no and give me a miracle alert.
entitlement
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by seunmsg(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
When I realized going to church is just a complete waste of time and resources.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by captaininiobong(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2023
10mobile:
In my immaturity, I once stopped going to church. The temptation still returns from time to time. My reason was/is that church started looking like a scam. They seem to be far more interested in money than what the Bible says.

I swaer and some of them don't know what is love. go to a church , that doesn't know love, only one person have Toyota Corolla out of 50members. It make it look Asif it's a scam but it's not. Individuals are trying to also exhibit thier self attribute despite been called born again.. but there are still some churches that are doing fine.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by MrBroke(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
I realised the truth

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Gattuzo05: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
These words of yours told me you are highly intelligent and sound. I wish you could be an online friends and show me some logic reasoning which is scarce in our daily lives

Ferdinandu:
I just realised that I have been deceiving myself, that I don't even believe in most of the things they preach in church, I was just forcing myself to believe them, like going to heaven, like the cock and bull story of Tithes and offering. I only see the smarter persons outsmarting others either to enrich themselves or up their social standing. Even their sole aim of preparing for their life after death, a communal life that is supposed to take care of every member has been discarded a long time ago for oppression on who bought the best cars,best houses, who dresses best, who has the most influence, who has the best spouse and the best children, who receives the most of their imaginary miracles .Everywhere reeks of hypocrisy. I just left the whole brouhaha behind and since then I never felt I missed anything and I have learnt to take care of myself, understanding that successes and failures , pains and joy are all part of life, you will always meet all in your life irrespective of who you are, or who you claim to serve. Above all we all must die and be forgotten
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by xproducer: 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
Sundays are usually set aside for church, to worship and praise God.

-So many still derive pleasure in going to church despite life's challenges.
-Yet so many have stopped going to church due to one reason or the other.

If you fall in the second category, kindly share why you stopped going to church.
Let's encourage one another in love...

++++++++

Indeed...

"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:24-25

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
okay thank you for sharing.
emerged01:

You missed the all whole point. If you are going to a bible believing church,you will develop bond with the members,from there you have a big family that will always be there to rejoice and mourn with you. The joy of being the midst of strong believers is one reason you have to be in church and also to learn from one another.
Being in a wrong church always come with a burden.

You go to church to make your burden light not to make it heavier.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Kachidubem: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
All my pastor children are schooling abroad, the only one in Nigeria schools in Babcock.

He doesn't have any other Job I know aside running the church.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BlessedSam01: 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
No church is a scam..... the truth is non of you ranting church is a scam has done your due diligence as a Christian. You just chose to seat over a the fence a become a beach warmer who just go to church religiously....if you've had personal revelation of God and a Genuine walk with the Holyspirt who guides into all truth am not sure you will be saying such.
Though all of you never had a foundation in God reason why you were blown away by the devil.
My counsel return to God and have a life of peace and Joy.
Seek to know God beyond church
And have a personal walk with the Holyspirit.

Selah.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by joe4christ(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
Cos religion is man made tool to control the mind of the sheeples. Religion is a tool of control same way Government is, I realized this way tok early and that's why I don't see the need to keep lying to myself. I've been at peace with myself since then!
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by eepeepook: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
I did?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by iamjavadem(m): 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2023
Because it does not flow with logic and reasoning.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by soccerlite: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
oyeb15:
Church na scam.

If u need money, Pastor will tell you to pray but if Pastor need money, he will tax the members.

Can't he pray too!

Lolzzzzz 🤣

No kill person with laughter abeggii

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by soccerlite: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Your likes wouid always hate Adeboye, not only because of his recent support for Istrael. Google is your friend....no single Muslim pledged any support for Istrael rather, a few sympathetic Christians were on the Palestinian side . Not because the attack on Israel was right or justifiable but because of many innocent lives that were in danger due to the hamas stupidity. Do you expect pastor adeboye to join Muslims to support Palestine after the latter attacked them and killed over 1000 Istraeli and other nationals?

They said Istrael should leave Gaza and they did so in 2005. They now separated their land from Palestine. What else did hamas want? Istrael can't be a foreigner in their own country.

Rightly said
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by effido666: 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
Hope u are also doing wat pleases God and human .....just church going is not enough
Simeony007:
As long as I'm living I and my family will always be in his presence

😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🤩🤩🤩🤩😇😇😇😇

Where would I be if not in his house?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sonmvayina(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
I stopped going when I realized Christianity is all about the "queen of heaven" A.K.A the morning star...or better still Lucifer..

There was never any Jesus, but is Serapis christus...

So I decided to align with my root and my heritage...and I realised also..There was never anything wrong with it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Lakuku19: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
I stop going to church when pastor T.B Joshua died and no other pastor stop concerned just bcoz of jealousness….

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes / Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.