Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15484 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Chasito(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2023
Because I'm a traditional worshiper

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by oyeb15: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2023
Have decided that if Nigeria Churches is d only way to heaven, then I prefer to go to Hell.

Nigeria Christians are worse. I don't even allow anybody to preach in my side. If I prefer to go to Hell, what's your business with that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by porthouse7(f): 9:19am On Oct 15, 2023
90% of nigerian pastors are scam, and they behave like they the real god

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Emeks008(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2023
222Martins:
grin grin grin Materialism! Materialism!! Materialism!! has taken over the church. It now all about the flow of money from you in your branch to the Church HQ; and even if the members of a branch are dying, money never flows back from Church HQ to the branch where you worship. You are on your own.

You nailed it right.

Headquarters kept receiving from branches but when problem comes up in the local branch, headquarters will ask the branch to task themselves to solve the problem.

What goes up never comes down in many Nigeria churches.

10 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by genkins(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2023
Simeony007:
As long as I'm living I and my family will always be in his presence

😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🤩🤩🤩🤩😇😇😇😇

Where would I be if not in his house?

I thought God is everywhere.or abi my eyes de pain me?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by killsmith(f): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2023
Some idiots, since they were born, they have been shouting "holy ghost fire", shouting "Devil die!!"
Yet, devil is not dead. But they no go still give themselves brain. Tomorrow, they will still shout devil die.

Christianity is for fools!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sageb: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2023
Georgejeez:
Ever since it became clear that it's actually Family business , I have not stepped my foot in any Religious business centre .

Imagine a father sidelining all the experienced , Godly pastors who started the church with him to appoint his Worldly tattoo and dada carrying wayward son as the Head Pastor , all because he doesn't want the key to the Church purse to leave his household ..

So you remember that Odukoya's son case.
The sad reality

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kodab: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2023
nick50:
I stopped going to church when I learnt that one can still go to heaven without going to church..God himself lives in our heart
werey u wan follow shortcut 🤣😂🤣😂
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Georgejeez: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2023
222Martins:
grin grin grin Materialism! Materialism!! Materialism!! has taken over the church. It now all about the flow of money from you in your branch to the Church HQ; and even if the members of a branch are dying, money never flows back from Church HQ to the branch where you worship. You are on your own.

You should be more protected than the CBN headquarters because you are a national treasure .

My local church has been paying huge tithes to the headquarters in Benin (CGMI) for more than 15 years ,,,,,, the Church have been applauded by the district headquarters, the Zonal Headquarters and the Church leadership for their faithfulness in remitting tithes promptly and bountifully , yet the local church have been struggling to pay rents to 4 different landlords which owned the various portions of the church land for donkey years now .

No good modern church instruments , no good facility because of the possibility of eviction cos of the tenancy , no good equipments etc , yet the local church keep remitting money monthly and even after conducting Annual Thanksgiving harvests , CGMI Benin keeps flourishing while the local church keeps languishing in penury .

Each time our branch pastor apply to the district, zone or Headquarters, we are promised to be assisted with the purchase of a land very soon , they will send a big Man of God to come and applaud us for complying with remittance and assure us about the land , even telling us to look for one around , we will search and show them but they wouldn't do nothing until another Church buys it ..

If they had allowed the local church autonomy to use its money generated to purchase the land and go for good instruments , the Church would have done that long ago but the big Churches continue to tax and fleece the local church just like the Federal Government is living large on the wealth of the Niger Delta states while the states continue to languish in underdevelopment and poverty..

Like Federal Government, like Pentecostal churches, like Politicians like pastors , they all hate restructuring and live on lies ...

These days I see Churches especially Pentecostal ones as a social gathering to just go to enjoy your fine clothes and snap good pics there after service and catch fun , THERE IS NO PRESENCE OF GOD THERE.

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Enemyofpeace: 9:26am On Oct 15, 2023
The girl that led me there broke my earth

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BXNX: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2023
Biggiemike:
You are insulting churches and advertising your business at the same time.
You mumu no too much?

Why are you pained!

I am speaking based on my experiences..

How old are you?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by usecondom(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2023
Because the places are a mere business centers. Fraud house

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by oranget(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2023
Curious345:
As a child of God , church automatically became my comfort zone ..

How can I quit church ? Be like say the op dey ment
OP dey ment? And you claim to be a child of God. I tire for this generation of Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Dreadlock69(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2023
I’m catholic by birth

I do go to pentecostal churches

But menhhh they

Close late

I’ll start feeling sleepy

How many tithes and offering

Preaching bout end times always

Politics

Disagreement among pastors / oversabi staff for church

Church romance

Etc

Went back to my catholic, i guess I’m a cat if you like invite me to your church i no dey go nah catholic i go still go .Everything moderate there

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by BigDawsNet: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2023
Won't stop.. rather change church if I'm not comfortable worshiping at a particular church
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sulakishop(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2023
Religion these days is more of a scam

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kodab: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2023
I stop going to church, when my pastor told me I'm oweing her offering money for 7 Sunday that's I was absent from church 2.instead of preaching na story of her lifehood she dey tell us up and down 3.everytime na money money she go dey talk about 4.i just loose interest in the church then I changed church again the pastor lie for me say I go get Nigeria navy before u know I turn church boy but nothing later happen the pastor even chop my Money self , imagine pastor dey me say all church members na broke dude them be ,I was like hahaha ,shey na money God tell u make u come dey collect

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sprints1: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2023
MilitantAtheist:
Because of the Terrorist character the Bible portrayed as God. However the Grand architect of the Universe is very much in existence and watches us all, I was atheist but I know better. I know religion is created by the cults to control the global morons, however GAOU exists just accept this even as an atheist, u can't be a Free Mason without belief in the Grand architect
freemason are not atheist bro u are right they believe in the grand architect... watch a freemason video and carefully narrated how they operate... they are a cult and are certified builders... that is where the word Mason comes in... there ancestors built angkor Wats... you are nor an atheist if u believe there is a form of God. Atheist are generally believe there is no God anywhere that existence of mankind is unknown and dont want to hear.. You are an agnostic person. Me would have love to but currently broke.. though I believe in universal faith and am semi agnostic... i try to learn every religion and I don't discriminate... I can attend mosque Buddha temple even herbalist lair.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by CloudTrees(f): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
Church Universities are too expensive, so the time I will use to go to church, is better is use it to hustle so I can send my children to school.

Churches are not helping anything....
Hello you called me sir
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by pendragonbladgo(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2023
topyhanky:

Try church like Christ embassy. And am very sure you would thank me for this one day.
okay oh
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2023
I stopped going because I realized it's an avenue for mass brainwashing by the ill informed pastors.

All the church goers are not better off than the non church goers.

Your relationship with God is a personal affair.
I can't stand the hypocrisy and mass delusion.
I also stopped going because all the churches and prayers have not helped Nigeria and it's people.
I see so much suffering and poverty on the streets of Lagos which breaks my heart.
I will read my Bible and pray but never will I subject myself to brainwashing.

FYI, The pastors, religion and our politicians have destroyed this country.
We are going to China to borrow money.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by tachia406: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2023
1. I stopped going to church the day I realized that the Sabbath day is Saturday and not their Sunday.

2. I stopped going the say I realized Sunday is the first day of the week and not the seventh day.
3. I stopped going the day I realized that Sunday was a day Romans set aside for the worship of their sun god (SUN-day.)

4. I stopped going the day I learn that church has no place in the scriptures.

5. I stopped going the day I realized that no Prophet of Abba Yahuah preached in a place called church.

6. I stopped going the day I realized that there's only one Supreme Being called Abba Yahuah and no other.

7. I stopped going the day I realized that Yeshua Hamashia'c didn't tell us He is God but human beings did etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by oranget(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2023
kodab:
I stop going to church, when my pastor told me I'm oweing her offering money for 7 Sunday that's I was absent from church 2.instead of preaching na story of her lifehood she dey tell us up and down 3.everytime na money money she go dey talk about 4.i just loose interest in the church then I changed church again the pastor lie for me say I go get Nigeria navy before u know I turn church boy but nothing later happen the pastor even chop my Money self , imagine pastor dey me say all church members na broke dude them be ,I was like hahaha ,shey na money God tell u make u come dey collect
You don suffer for pastor hand o

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Bighead95(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2023
I stopped going to church because I haven't seen my beloved CAC church within the NEW place I just moved.

Just searching Sha ..

But for now na my house be my church until CAC is discovered
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sageb: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2023
Georgejeez:

You should be more protected than the CBN headquarters because you are a national treasure .

My local church has been paying huge thithes to the headquarters in Benin (CGMI) for more than 15 years ,,,,,, the Church have been applauded by the district headquarters, the Zonal Headquarters and the Church leadership for their faithfulness in remitting thithes promptly and bountifully , yet the local church have been struggling to pay rents to 4 different landlords which owned the various portions of the church land for donkey years now .

No good modern church instruments , no good facility because of the possibility of eviction cos of the tenancy , no good equipments etc , yet the local church keep remitting money monthly and even after conducting Annual Thanksgiving harvests , CGMI Benin keeps flourishing while the local church keeps languishing in penury .

Each time our branch pastor apply to the district, zone or Headquarters, we are promised to be assisted with the purchase of a land very soon , they will send a big Man of God to come and applaud us for complying with remittance and assure us about the land , even telling us to look for one around , we will search and show them but they wouldn't do nothing until another Church buys it ..

If they had allowed the local church autonomy to use its money generated to purchase the land and go for good instruments , the Church would have done that long ago but the big Churches continue to tax and fleece the local church just like the Federal Government is living large on the wealth of the Niger Delta states while the states continue to languish in underdevelopment and poverty..

Like Federal Government, like Pentecostal churches, like Politicians like pastors , they all hate restructuring and live on lies ...

These days I see Churches especially Pentecostal ones as a social gathering to just go to enjoy your fine clothes and snap good pics there after service and catch fun , THERE IS NO PRESENCE OF GOD THERE.

The sad reality
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by spencekat(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2023
Every Sunday, you guys keep on asking this question.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Godwin4444: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2023
Curious345:
As a child of God , church automatically became my comfort zone ..

How can I quit church ? Be like say the op dey ment
u go to church n still harbor all d hate in your mind

Even me wey I no dey go church again don’t hate people

U igbos are political Christian’s
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by LagosG: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2023
Jbleenk:
I read that at 95% Nigeria is next only to Afghanistan at 98% as the MOST PRAYERFUL COUNTRY in the whole world.

It is not a coincidence that both counties are the most corrupt and two of the fastest decaying countries of the world.

Whereas on the other hand, China at 1%, UK at 6% and Switzerland at 6% are ranked as the LEAST PRAYERFUL COUNTRIES in the whole world.

No surprise.

Ironically, my people in Nigeria are praying, fasting, casting and binding and their Pastors are Prophesying for them to get VISAS to go and slave it out in those foreign, less prayerful countries by adding to their LABOUR FORCE and helping to improve the PRODUCTIVITY in those countries.

My people won't have much space to PRAY when they get to Europe. It is all round work else you don't survive.

We were never like this. We were targeted and railroaded into the situation we find ourselves and the people we have become today.

We were deliberately misguided and pulled out of our various peaceful and less congested locations where we are very productive, and brought or perhaps forced out to live the congested city arrangement where we became much less productive and dependent on the finished goods from the lands of the people who railroaded us into the cities.

We need to reverse the sequence that brought us here

The very first step to take control of our lives is to MAN UP TO THE PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS TO US.

There is an urgent need for a reversal of the trend of Rural-Urban Migration.

We must become INDUSTRIALIZED and the very start point is massive investment in AGRICULTURE.

The various Governments at state levels must work out ways to decentralize their city centers by at least adding value to the rural communities such that our people can return to rejig our society from the very base.

But we are not doing this.

The controllers of our National life are making certain that RELIGION is permanently on the top burner for us and in our consciousness. They are funding these people you see carrying ÒSÙKÁ on their heads and the PASTORPRENEURS to do what they do.

They are making certain through their activities that AS A PEOPLE we are permanently glued to religion and forever listening to the ADEBOYES of this country.

Pastor Adeboye's recent comment on the ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN crises, calling for prayers for Israel, is enough to reveal his hypocrisy, insincerity.and true self.

These people are agents of NEOCOLONIALISM. I don't think anyone should argue this!

#WeHaveMissedRoad

© Adedamola Adetayo
15 October 2023
You don talkam finish

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by McLizbae: 9:40am On Oct 15, 2023
Well my 1 penny advice is: do not go or stop going to churches with a man's picture boldly/clearly printed on the banner/sign post/board of the church.

When you go to such churches you are mostly going there to serve the man/woman displayed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? / Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.