Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15474 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Manofsteel2013(m): 6:10am On Oct 24, 2023
kennyz247:
No money in the church and fine fine babes no dey come church again..

hmmmmm, really? So you Are going to church just to see fine babies.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kennyz247(m): 6:14am On Oct 24, 2023
Manofsteel2013:

hmmmmm, really? So you Are going to church just to see fine babies.

Are they not God good making/creations,so is anything wrong in going to see God's creations?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Manofsteel2013(m): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2023
kennyz247:

Are they not God good making/creations,so is anything wrong in going to see God's creations?

hmmmmmmmn, i see. sad
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by HoneySwag(f): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
Michael547:

So which church has the correct doctrine? Or are all the contradicting doctrines correct?
When you visit a lighthouse church then you'll see the difference.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Michael547(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2023
HoneySwag:

When you visit a lighthouse church then you'll see the difference.
You did not answer my question. Am I to conclude that lighthouse church is the only church that teaches the correct doctrine from the bible?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chochovini:
TO NAIRALAND ADMIN.
I really need to know why, in an islamic thread one cannot access nor able to contribute unless you swore an aligeance to be a muslim.
But in a Christian thread it‘s not so. Why? Muslims have access to Christian‘s thread without any protocol. Why is it so? I really want to know the reason for the preferencial treatment.

Just look at all the grammatical accidents in this comment.

I will keep schooling you as a teacher does until you learn. 🤣

Your own ears will open to correction by fire, by fire.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by XploraBen(m): 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Just look at all the grammatical accidents in this comment.

I will keep schooling you as a teacher does until you learn. 🤣

Your own ears will open to correction by fire, by fire.
You made me laugh at the bolded. cheesy

But on a serious note, do you teach or tutor people in English language?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
XploraBen:
You made me laugh at the bolded. cheesy

But on a serious note, do you teach or tutor people in English language?

I do not, jare. grin

Don't mind that silly fellow.

Chochovini, I am going to let you off the hook just because of this person's cheery's comment. It's infective. cheesy
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Dvea(f): 1:13am On Nov 20, 2023
I think most people here replying that the church failed them, or it's a scam or fake pastors. The problem lies in the fact that your eyes where not on God but on the pastor. Una forget say pastors can lie, pastors can sin, pastor is also running this race me and you are running and we can all fall. That's why your yardstick should be on the person you are serving and not on the pastor. The truth is, there are many reasons to stop serving God, especially when we see Nigerians take Christianity as a reason to be stupid. But The Christianity I know empowers us with wisdom and reason and not stupidity.

The problem also lies in the fact that people worship pastors and not God, so if the pastor says jump, they don't even ask how high. They just break the roof. Christianity it's is beautiful, in truth, serving God is beautiful, He's there, He listens, He knows, He is working for you. I believe that if a church or pastor has failed you, stop, reevaluate what your relationship with God is and then search for the place that can help you grow in service to God.

Remember always that when practicing any religion, your eyes should only remain on the person you are serving and not on the servant who is leading you.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by XploraBen(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I do not, jare. grin

Don't mind that silly fellow.

Chochovini, I am going to let you off the hook just because of this person's cheery's comment. It's infective. cheesy
By the way, you write quite well.
I like your diction and verbal wit.👍

You must be a good writer and/or a voracious reader.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:22am On Nov 20, 2023
XploraBen:
By the way, you write quite well.
I like your diction and verbal wit.👍

You must be a good writer and/or a voracious reader.

Thank you. 😊
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Codeofconduct(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02
222Martins:
grin grin grin Materialism! Materialism!! Materialism!! has taken over the church. It now all about the flow of money from you in your branch to the Church HQ; and even if the members of a branch are dying, money never flows back from Church HQ to the branch where you worship. You are on your own.

100% I remember always being there for church members paying hospital bills, contributing to church fixing church bus e.t.c then I had a setback that I needed help because my business crashed the pastor was like I should go and find a 30k per month work lol my monthly house bill was like 4x of 30k. I made up my mind to start afresh the rest is history but I understood something. Church loves you as long as you're dropping money 😂

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Stephaustin(m): 4:10pm On Apr 07
10mobile:
In my immaturity, I once stopped going to church. The temptation still returns from time to time. My reason was/is that church started looking like a scam. They seem to be far more interested in money than what the Bible says.
Have you started going again?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Stephaustin(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07
prinsam30:
I don't even know wen last I go to church and I don't av a reason for that
Would you like to go back?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.