Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo (43319 Views)

Senate: Akpabio Blackmailing Us Over NDDC Contracts - Senator Ayo Akinyelure / 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal / 2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by nairalandkachy1: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
Elisha Abbo, sacked Adamawa North senator, has fingered Senate President Godswill Akpabio in the appeal court ruling which removed him from the office.

The Court of Appeal in Abuja voided the election of Abbo of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared Abbo winner of the February 25, 2023 parliamentary election, but Amos Yohanna, his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rival, rejected the result and headed for the court.

The tribunal, in its judgement, dismissed Yohanna’s petition for lacking in merit.

The PDP’s candidate, through his counsel Johnson Usman (SAN), approached the Appeal Court.

The Court of Appeal, after hearing arguments from parties, agreed with Usman that based on Section 137 of the Electoral Act, 2022, the results tendered clearly showed that there was no compliance with the Electoral Act.

The court, thereafter, deducted the invalid votes from the parties and found that Yohanna and PDP won the election by majority of lawful votes.

The three-member panel presided over by Justice Chioma Egondu Nwosu-Iheme, in a judgement, ordered INEC to issue a Certificate of Return to Yohanna as validly elected lawmaker for the senatorial district.

Reacting to the court’s ruling, Abbo said four other senators who worked against the emergence of Akpabio as Senate President had been targeted for removal from the Red Chamber through the court.

In an interview with reporters on Monday in Abuja, Abbo specifically mentioned Senator Orji Uzor Kalu (APC Abia North) as the next target for removal from the Senate.

“I have it from a reliable source that myself and four other senators within the fold of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) will be removed from the Senate through rulings from the courts, all because of working against the emergence of Akpabio as President of the 10th Senate.

“I won’t mention the names of all the four other ones targeted but the next in line is Senator Orji Uzor Kalu,” he said.

He wondered how with over 11,000 votes margin of victory he had above his closest river, Yohanna Amos Yohanna of the Peoples Democratic Party in the election, the Appeal Court upturned his victory.

“The court judgement is strange and the judiciary needs to please remain the last hope of the common man,”
Abbo said.

He, however, appealed to his supporters to remain calm, vowing to recontest in 2027.

Efforts made to get the reaction of Akpabio to the allegation did not yield result at the time of filing this reort.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-akpabio-behind-my-removal-from-senate-says-abbo/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7879101/adamawa-north-appeal-court-sacks#126438975

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Kosoco(m): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nothing last forever ever is....

31 Likes

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by slivertongue: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
adamawa electorates are behind your defeat

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by ojun50(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2023
Wetin concerns us for NL

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by FreeStuffsNG: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-akpabio-behind-my-removal-from-senate-says-abbo/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7879101/adamawa-north-appeal-court-sacks#126438975
He should please go and rest joor. When he was doing street fight with his constituents, fighting in toy shop, having marital scandals, fighting his APC excos and refusing to campaign for his party's presidential candidate, he didn't know that he was alienating himself and his sack was just a matter of time. Smh
Check my signature for free stuffs!

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Urheadmaster(m): 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
Without that you wouldn't have anything to type here on nairaland tongue
ojun50:
Wetin concerns us for NL

2 Likes

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by olatade(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
The woman head wey this sex tourist slap strong oh, e don finally catch the bleacher grin grin grin

38 Likes

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by babaRUNtinz(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
OK óò, Who is next after Kalu ó? JUST ASKING.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by pocom35: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hehehe angry grin grin grin

Sex doll senator

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Skillsnigeria: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by iCauseTrouble: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2023

1 Like

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by HeadNigga: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
You sure say four years sure akpabio?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
The video of this animal assaulting and slapping a lady in her shop.

What goes around comes around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mx4Ugy_32s?si=CciHuJKPSCjxbeoP

The internet never forgets.....

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by chiefolododo(m): 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ok
Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
So you confirming to us that the judiciary is for the highest bidder and justice in Nigeria is for sale

But you are not a good senator when you were in the red chamber , Abi no be you beat woman for sex toll shop in Abuja

20 Likes

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Realestatevixen: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
Lol
Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Roboto11: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
Is this fool suggesting that the Judiciary has been compromised?

Does he understand by extension, it means the legislators are also corrupt?

It appears people don't even understand what shouldn't be uttered.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by id4sho(m): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
intimacy gadget shop senator tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by humberjade: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
I knew it...the party left him to the wolves for going against its choice in the Senate leadership tussle. I wouldn't say he didn't deserve it, because if you want to dine with the devil, you are going to need a very strong and long spoon.

nairalandkachy1:

“The court judgement is strange and the judiciary needs to please remain the last hope of the common man,” Abbo said.

So table don turn, this animal now sees himself as a common man, very hilarious 😂

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by bestman09(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
grin
Good riddance!
More questionable characters should be shown the way out of the Senate.

4 Likes

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
Okay
Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by vastolord4(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
The sex gadget senator

7 Likes

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by zombieHUNTER: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
We know you were removed by the election bandits...

Their wrath is coming
Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by aloziedaya(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
We should remove elections in Nigeria and allow the courts to pick.
What a nonsense Republic

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Dreal1247: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
Any politician who is not sympathetic to the masses on the high cost of living in the present day Nigeria Is free to get removed and never come back again. Akpabio deserves to be removed also. The President of the enjoyment Senators.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by VinnyBaba: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
Rumble in the Jungle!😯😯

Instead of this USELESS Tinubu/APC Govt to try deliver some of their Promises,
They have been Engaging in one FOOLISH Acts or another! 🙁😒

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by mannobi(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
In a serious country, is Elisha abbo supposed to be anything near civil service not to talk of senate.
How a man fighting over a sextoy be honourable. Is anything honourable about his rectangular head?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by Passionate888: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo by tunjijones(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
This 2023 election was nonsense. It was really a showdy job. Just the the numbers of court cases from all over the country, it's just too much.

Or is it that many people's eyes just opened to going to court after election. The cases too plenty abeggg.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Rocks Uyo: Buying Of Fuel Survival Of The Fittest (live Photos) / 7 Billion Spent Yet Vp's House Still Incomplete [photo] / Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.