Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,541 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy (43321 Views)

Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) / Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by emamos: 7:28pm On May 03, 2016
FOR the third time the 2016 appropriation bill has been returned as President Muhammadu Buhari was said to have picked faults in the re-worked budget and returned it to the National Assembly for further legislative work.
It was reliably gathered that the re-worked budget was sent to the president at about 1: 15am on Tuesday but was returned to the National Assembly at about 12.00 noon Tuesday.
It was also gathered that principal officers and members of the review committee from both legislative chambers met at about 3.20pm till about 5.30pm in the Senate wing to reconsider the observations made by the president on the budget.
Vanguard’s attempts to get some of the principal officers and the review committee members to confirm or deny the budget return story proved abortive as some of them switched off their phones while those whose phones were active ignored calls and refused to respond to SMS.
A source close to the committee confirmed that the budget was actually submitted to the president but he refused to touch it due to some issues he was not comfortable with.
He said “the budget got to the State House at about 1.10am and Mr. President went through it early this morning and still had some issues with some of the figures. I can not tell you exactly what it was but I think the insertions made by the lawmakers were not significantly altered.
“You know the lawmakers had moved some allocations for key projects that are dear to the president to other areas especially to their constituency projects. Of course, they have changed some but I believe Mr. President is not satisfied with the reconciliation they made. I think this is one of the reasons why it was returned”. .
He also disclosed that the president would assent to the budget tomorrow (Wednesday) should the lawmakers make all the corrections and transmit the document to him tonight.
“I can assure you, Mr. President is desirous to sign the budget because he is aware and has acknowledged that Nigerians are going through hardship. He is also concerned so if the budget is cleaned up this night and sent to him, he will sign it as soon as possible. That I know very well”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/buhari-returns-budget-3rd-time-demands-final-copy/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by emamos: 7:29pm On May 03, 2016
chess game..All na Change.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by akanniade10(m): 7:29pm On May 03, 2016
Baba Go-Slow is @ it again grin. We patiently waiting for the results. #BeingOptimistic

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by madridguy(m): 7:29pm On May 03, 2016
THANK GOD FOR CHANGE.

NO MORE WURU-WURU IN BUDGET.

RIDE ON SAI BABA.

382 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by nrexzy: 7:31pm On May 03, 2016
Dice Game

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:33pm On May 03, 2016
Where is that silly SSA on NASS affairs, that told us that we will smile to the bank. I laugh at ppl like Madrid guy, they don't know what they are in for. I remember telling someone, that come today, we will get another telenovela twist. This President is Useless, confused, incompetent and a downright liar. They will play us like film trick from now till thy kingdom come. APC zombies, Una eye go soon clear.

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:36pm On May 03, 2016
madridguy:
THANK GOD FOR CHANGE.

NO MORE WURU-WURU IN BUDGET.

RIDE ON SAI BABA.
Even if President Buhari, takes the budget and Pees on it, U'll say that he is showing strength. Ur eye go soon clear. That chicken change allowance you manage, will soon disappear. In 2017, alert will come no more.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 03, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Where is that silly SSA on NASS affairs, that told us that we will smile to the bank. I laugh at ppl like Madrid guy, they don't know what they are in for. I remember telling someone, that come today, we will get another telenovela twist. This President is Useless, confused, incompetent and a downright liar. They will play us like film trick from now till thy kingdom come. APC zombies, Una eye go soon clear.

Na wa ohh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Sunky200: 7:42pm On May 03, 2016
the NASS ought to have learned by now that they can't get free money or even with Bubu using that budget.

if they must play their usual habitual prank in this dispensation, it will definitely not be with figures/money

i stand with Mr President on this one, the priviledged few must not hold the nation on ransom at the expense of the millions of masses

thank you for this well taken shot my President

239 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by madridguy(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2016
Let him take a year to sign the budget if that is what will bring the positive change I voted for. Enough of Trial and error budget. Under the Satanic Party " PDP " budget is signed in less than a week after the exchange of Ghana must go. PMB: I will not bribe anyone for the budget and that is why the legis-looters there are trying to paddle to the budget for their own selfish interest.

GOD BLESS THE DAY I VOTED FOR SAI BABA.

iflywithbuhari:

Even if President Buhari, takes the budget and Pees on it, U'll say that he is showing strength. Ur eye go soon clear. That chicken change allowance you manage, will soon disappear. In 2017, alert will come no more.

251 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Jesusloveyou: 7:43pm On May 03, 2016
i like that, God bless pmb

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by SUPERPACK: 7:43pm On May 03, 2016
budget of yams rejected by the goats again.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:48pm On May 03, 2016
madridguy:
Let him take a year to sign the budget if that is what will bring the positive change I voted for. Enough of Trial and error budget. Under the Satanic Party " PDP " budget is signed in less than a week after the exchange of Ghana must go. PMB: I will not bribe anyone for the budget and that is why the legis-looters there are trying to paddle to the budget for their own selfish interest.

GOD BLESS THE DAY I VOTED FOR SAI BABA.

Ofcourse, enjoy your allowee, You lied hard for it.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by LoveMachine(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2016
NASS has no shame! I won't comment further cause I don't wanna get banned.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by yerilistik: 7:54pm On May 03, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Do you expect him to sign anything they package to him like previous zombie presidents without choice? Definitely not possible at least with the present government headed by the useful, well-oriented competent and honest leader. Nigerians should just know that our greatest enemies against real change are the legislators and the judiciary and not our God given president who is really on a rescue mission.
Let's have patience with him, give him all he needs to clear up the mess of the past 16 years of PDP, and hold him to ransom if he eventually fails.

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by princemillla(m): 7:54pm On May 03, 2016
I said this in the morning... Buhari should pls take his time to review the budget proper. We need those change.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Pheals(f): 8:06pm On May 03, 2016
Oga lalasticlala sit down for thread !!... Need to c the budget abi ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by demolinka(m): 8:08pm On May 03, 2016
NO MORE BUSINESS AS USUAL angry

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by sparrowkid: 8:08pm On May 03, 2016
This is pre-emptive reporting! Only God knows what Vanguard intend to gain from this sheer misinformation.

“We are just about to take delivery of the first copy for preview from the Committee of the National Assembly. We are like walking very closely to the end of the exercise.

So, Nigerians will be very happy in the next few hours. I will not be categorical about whether the President will get it tonight or tomorrow (today) but I just want to let you know that we have just taken delivery of the preview copy and Nigerians will be very happy, very soon,” Enang said.

https://www.nairaland.com/3083250/nigerians-happy-few-hours-ita-enang

According to the post above, what was handed over to the SSA was a preview copy and not the final copy. Is Vanguard expecting the President to sign a preview copy for God's sake? It was called a PREVIEW COPY so that amendments can still be made before the final copy. I think Vanguard is acting a script, whatever it is, I pray they live to survive it.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by mrvitalis(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2016
Who ever is blaming Buhari for this budget issue is definitely dumb

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by jmichlins(m): 8:21pm On May 03, 2016
Please tell these men that jobs are lost as a result of their lazy attitude and corner cutting. Pass this budget this is may already for heaven sake. Both the legislature and executive should find a way around this impasse
Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:27pm On May 03, 2016
yerilistik:

our God given president who is really on a rescue mission.
Godgiven wtf, grin don't make me laff. Guy, just go and take your paycheque, U earned it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 03, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef grin

Abi you want see the clean and final copy undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:31pm On May 03, 2016
sparrowkid:
This is pre-emptive reporting! Only God knows what Vanguard intend to gain from this sheer misinformation.

“We are just about to take delivery of the first copy for preview from the Committee of the National Assembly. We are like walking very closely to the end of the exercise.

So, Nigerians will be very happy in the next few hours. I will not be categorical about whether the President will get it tonight or tomorrow (today) but I just want to let you know that we have just taken delivery of the preview copy and Nigerians will be very happy, very soon,” Enang said.

https://www.nairaland.com/3083250/nigerians-happy-few-hours-ita-enang

According to the post above, what was handed over to the SSA was a preview copy and not the final copy. Is Vanguard expecting the President to sign a preview copy for God's sake? It was called a PREVIEW COPY so that amendments can still be made before the final copy. I think Vanguard is acting a script, whatever it is, I pray they live to survive it.
Perhaps you didn't see the part where he claims there are some errors he wants edited. Be waiting for happiness from heaven. You better go and find a real job, because if you are banking on this government, then you're dead on arrival.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by patrickmuf(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2016
We're ready to wait, slow and steady does the trick...Enough of fast and furious...
We voted for change and we're ready to exercise patience to have things turn around for good...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 03, 2016
Buhari has limited power over the NASS as they are elected officials, elected by us the masses, we all also have a role to question their input in this whole budget saga.

The interesting thing, which I believe, is if the president is this diligent taking his time to get things right it should create fear to the ministers and their respective ministries to know that Baba is watching.

But if after all this we can't score Baba 70% after the end of his tenure, I might probably give up on Nigeria project for a while.

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Shortyy(f): 9:01pm On May 03, 2016
SMH. And someone said they will start being happy from tomorrow. Lmfao. Funny country and Funny government.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by tommykiwi(m): 9:01pm On May 03, 2016
If U like sign or no sign the budget, am use to ur economy policies... Mtchew..

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by cold(m): 9:01pm On May 03, 2016
Hian! APC needs to get their ducks in a row. It's really shameful that the Senate led by the APC and the exec of the same party can't seem to agree on anything. A party of strange bedfellows indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by Mariopgomery(m): 9:02pm On May 03, 2016
buari watin we do u for Christ sake

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Returns Budget For The 3rd Time, Demands Final Copy by jeron1(m): 9:02pm On May 03, 2016
watin dey worry this NASS people na?..

give this man watin he want.

wailers be like "baba go slow"

they will NEVER see anything good in PMB cos they r short sighted

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Remains In Hospital Bed [photos] / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out / Tinubu, Modu-Sheriff, Ben Bruce At Tosin Saraki's Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.