Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? (8314 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Husband Incurs Heavy Debt , Flees From Matrimonial Home / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by ashiri1: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

"all" the ladies? hmm that's a rather strong gneralization o. chairman, are you married? if yes, is your wife lazy? if your answer is "no" how would you feel seeing her being maltreated by your mum because it's her son's house? well, truth is if your parents are wicked, it is very likely you too will be. but the bottom line is if your mum is a trouble-maker, she doesn't have to stay long enough to cause your wife to breakdown and if on the other hand, you married a trouble- maker for a wife, well, it's still one week max for your mum to avoid her being disrespected and insulted. shame on a woman who can't respect her mil and shame on a woman who goes to her child's home to ferment trouble. chikena!

Bros. i have seen several of dis case. these ladies bliv they be left alone in their hubby home. but my question is who married them? in ma place its the man and his family, and ion same vein we married thier own family. marriage is a union not division of families.

the trend is this- MOST LADIES DREAD THEIR MIL AND ACCEPT THEIR OWN MUM THE MORE. But in my case i say know. My mother is 100% invited in my home so is her mum, but i decide wen any leave by mutual consent. and it may interest u to know that NO OTHER WOMAN EXCEPT MY WIFE COOKS FOR ME ,ELSE I WONT EAT IT. this in place why should any of the mother be in the kitchen. IF THEY CAME FOR CHILD KEEP. They stick to it and rest. I AND MY WIFE BEHAVE AS IF WE HAVE NO VISITOR AND HANDLE OUR HOME THE WAY WE DO. BUT SAYING 'SHE SHUD LEAVE TODAY OR MORO OR NEXT' is a big lie. IT IS MY HOME BEFORE IT BECOMES 'OUR' HOME. Beni egbon mi
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by mummy3(f): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
My mother till triumphed sound
But my MIL (highest one week) because she’s a case file as long as her 5 son’s wives are concern she’s a case file I repeat again.

MIL = angry sad cry embarassed

SWEET MOTHER = smiley wink cheesy grin cool kiss
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by ChuckD2(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2011
chief ashiri1, you be typical native man. hahaha, but hey, as long as yous style guarantees understanding and peace (between the trouble-makers and peace-lovers), no yawah, fire down.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by shumno(f): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
For as long as they want. One day I would also visit my kids in their homes when they are married and would not want to be chased out of their home as if I am a stranger. Do unto others what you would have them do to you. Women remember your mil has become your mum too. You love her son you have to love her too because she gave birth to him. Shalom!
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by beknown(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2011
Outstrip:

I totally agree that you cannot be as free with your mother in law as you would your mother. Anybody that says other wise is lying. The point I was making was that if you want your mother to stay with you for one month then you should be okay with his mother staying the same amount of time. That is the only fair thing. If your mother can grow old in your home then so can his own mother

It is nice to know that some women still think about fairness in matters of relationship.

@Outstrip, thank you for your wisdom. I encourage other women to learn from your wisdom.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by beknown(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
shumno:

For as long as they want. One day I would also visit my kids in their homes when they are married and would not want to be chased out of their home as if I am a stranger. Do unto others what you would have them do to you. Women remember your mil has become your mum too. You love her son you have to love her too because she gave birth to him. Shalom!

Thank you. True talk. That is the difference between experienced and inexperienced.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Outstrip(f): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
shumno:

With this mentality you are gearing up to be a difficult in law. It is wonderful that you are okay with it but just don't assume that it will be that way with your daughter in law simply because you gave birth to her husband. The fact is when he marries it is their home and though you are not a stranger you need to realize that it is not your say. You should not even hold it against them if you are told that you cannot come for a three month visit. My suggestion to you is that you live your life to the fullest so that if your son chooses to enjoy their lives to the fullest you will not be a stumbling block. I love my mother too but that does not mean that my house will now be a camp ground. Thank God that she likes her own home. If she had her way she would just carry all her grand kids and keep them in her home. She built her home and she will not run to her children's home and become a nuisance. And yes your parents can be a nuisance even sometimes without their knowledge. Even my mom who understands her limits when it comes to her children's marriage needs to be cautioned at times. It can get too much. My mother is an organizer and I already knew that I did not want her getting into my stuff and arraging this and that when she was coming. I knew she would so I had to even throw away some "kinky" things I had lying around. Abi is it my aunty that is a saint for that matter but I can see her driving her daughter in law up the wall with her obsessive need to have everything cleaned an exact way. I think everbody should plan to not need to stay with their children for any long period of time. Make it your mindset. If the time comes and you get too old and weak for it to be unsafe for you to live alone then hopefull your children will understand that it is time to step up. Don't just think that you will pack your "bag and baggages" into another woman's house because yoru womb held her husband. Na only you get womb? Abeg
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Outstrip(f): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
mummy3:

My mother till triumphed sound
But my MIL (highest one week) because she’s a case file as long as her 5 son’s wives are concern she’s a case file I repeat again.

MIL = angry sad cry embarassed

SWEET MOTHER = smiley wink cheesy grin cool kiss

Which is a problem. I sooooooooooo understand what you are saying. The reality though is that you have to deal with that case file as well as you deal with your own mother. I remember walking in when my mother was here and she was about to start cooking soup. She already had all kinds of crayfish and that her stock fish that looks like part of the furniture. I had to stop her becasue I had a meeting to run out to and I did not want the smell on me. It was not a problem though she will roll her eyes and say stuff grin grin compared to when I told my brother in law no to a suggestion he made and he felt that I had disrespected him. What I really wanted to say was hell to the no lol he was lucky that all he got was no. If it was my dad I would say no and not even think of it. He will just move on. I think that is one way that I realize that I am so lucky with the kind of dad I have.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by shumno(f): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
@outstrip you are just assuming that I would be a terrible  mil to my dil, I reject that in the name of Jesus. All am trying to say is that you should not be too hard on your parents because of what you see happening around you, after all the Bible says you should honor your father and your mother, I feel being kind to them is part of it. If the need arises for them to have to live with me I would even invite them (mil and mother) to come live with me, it is an African custom. I don't blame you, na your oyibo mentality dey worry you.

Now get this, it is only people like you who are not secure or something that would bother themselves about such things, as far as I am concerned a wife's role is quite different and distinct from the role a mother plays. You as a mother can never take the place of a wife, likewise the wife can never take the place of a mother, two poles apart, and if both you and your husband understand, love and respect each other nothing can come between you, your husband sef will be on your defense.

For your info and by the grace of God, I am not planning to live off my children, only a bad mother would do that. I am comfortable right now and believe it will remain so if Jesus tarries it is my prayer that the kids turn out even better than we are right now, at any point in time if they ever will need help my husband and I will not hesitate to run to the rescue. We would continue to pray that all goes well with everyone (parents and children) so that nobody bothers anyone. I  even declare even right now that by the grace of God I will NEVER in future be a problem to my sils and dil and I pray to abide by what I have declared (I strongly believe in God), amen and shalom to you!
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by cynthiafred67(f): 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
One month tops 4 my Mom or my MIL
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Outstrip(f): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
shumno:

@outstrip you are just assuming that I would be a terrible mil to my dil, I reject that in the name of Jesus. All am trying to say is that you should not be too hard on your parents because of what you see happening around you, after all the Bible says you should honor your father and your mother, I feel being kind to them is part of it. If the need arises for them to have to live with me I would even invite them (mil and mother) to come live with me, it is an African custom. I don't blame you, na your oyibo mentality dey worry you.

Now get this, it is only people like you who are not secure or something that would bother themselves about such things, as far as I am concerned a wife's role is quite different and distinct from the role a mother plays. You as a mother can never take the place of a wife, likewise the wife can never take the place of a mother, two poles apart, and if both you and your husband understand, love and respect each other nothing can come between you, your husband sef will be on your defense.

For your info and by the grace of God, I am not planning to live off my children, only a bad mother would do that. I am comfortable right now and believe it will remain so if Jesus tarries it is my prayer that the kids turn out even better than we are right now, at any point in time if they ever will need help my husband and I will not hesitate to run to the rescue. We would continue to pray that all goes well with everyone (parents and children) so that nobody bothers anyone. I even declare even right now that by the grace of God I will NEVER in future be a problem to my sils and dil and I pray to abide by what I have declared (I strongly believe in God), amen and shalom to you!

Amen to your prayer. You still missed my point though. You do not have to be a terrible person to be a nuisance or to cause serious marital strife
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by blank(f): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
They both can stay as long as they like.

Whenever my MIL is around, i do not do anything at all in the house. She cleans, tidies the house, goes to market and cooks all before i reach home and if it is not too late, she does my hair for me. She is yet to spend the night but i do not mind her at all. I enjoy her coming over as she is great company. She always has very interesting gist for me. Worst case scenario, we watch African Magic together till she is ready to go home. She is an action woman. She complains of hip pain but never agrees to sit in one place.

My mum is more of a stay at home kind of person but she is so insightful. I love her company and her soup makes me green with envy. She has only ever come to my house when i gave birth and she was looking to leave as soon as possible cos she felt she was being a burden, as if. I love these 2 women with all my heart and i will never stop singing their praises till i meet my creator.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Outstrip(f): 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2011
blank:

They both can stay as long as they like.

Whenever my MIL is around, i do not do anything at all in the house. She cleans, tidies the house, goes to market and cooks all before i reach home and if it is not too late, she does my hair for me. She is yet to spend the night but i do not mind her at all. I enjoy her coming over as she is great company. She always has very interesting gist for me. Worst case scenario, we watch African Magic together till she is ready to go home. She is an action woman. She complains of hip pain but never agrees to sit in one place.

My mum is more of a stay at home kind of person but she is so insightful. I love her company and her soup makes me green with envy. She has only ever come to my house when i gave birth and she was looking to leave as soon as possible cos she felt she was being a burden, as if. I love these 2 women with all my heart and i will never stop singing their praises till i meet my creator.

They both understand boundaries that is why everything is peachy grin The beautiful part of this is that when they get too old to live alone you will not think twice about having them stay because there is no resentment. I have seen where (in my opinion o) people were almost praying for their own parent to die because the burden was too much with their illness. These are the kinds of parents that when they are going back to Nigeria will demand only kelloggs corn flakes or Jergens lotion grin grin grin rather than the walmart brand or kroger brand. I am sorry but human beings especially Nigerians like to lie to themselves. After spending years catering to all their unreasonable demands they almost breath a sign of relief when they die all the time going through all the dutiful motions that people can see. I pray that you enjoy your MIL and Mom for a long time. When things get hot like they will remember when she used to do your hair and tidy your house LOL
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by stainny: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2011
@Blank!

MY Dear!you are very lucky. you wont understand especially on the mil side. Maybe your MIL is educated. I envy you. I long for such relationship in a family. My prayer is that God will change mine. AMEN. Enjoy.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by ToniaLee(f): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
T IS QUITE SAD THAT A WOMAN CAN SAY THESE THINGS! I AM IMAGINING IF YOU HAVE ANY FEELINGS @ ALL? I AM ALSO TRYING TO WONDER IF YOU EVEN RESPECT ANYONE AT ALL! I ALSO CANNOT PUT THOUGHTS TOGETHER AS TO WHETHER YOU RESPECT YOUR OWN PARENTS @ ALL!!! WHAT THE HECK? ARE YOU SERIOUS? THE SAME WOMAN WHO BORE YOUR SO CALLED HONEY-ROASTED-HUSBAND? OMG!!! WHAT IS THIS LIFE TURNING INTO? I AM DAMN SURE THAT IF IT IS YOUR OWN MOTHER,YOU WON'T WANT YOUR HUBBY TO CHASE HER AWAY (THAT IS IF YOU EVEN RESPECT YOUR OWN MOTHER AT ALL) . . . TONIA,YOU ARE VERY SILLY OOOO! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE I READ THIS!!! THAT SHE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! IS SHE YOUR HOUSE HELP? ARE YOU FOR REAL? THIS IS WHAT THESE RUBBISH "WIFY-SWAG"CAUSES!!!! . . . .TONIA,IF YOU WANT TO LIVE LONG,HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER/ELDERS!!!! YOU HAVE NO IOTA OF HONOR!!!! NONSENSE! YOU BETA THINK TWICE!!! OYIONSHI!!!

You are talking like a man. Probably this woman has to WORK, TAKE CARE of herself, her husband, the baby, the house and then the mother-in-law and the visiting people. Probably the husband will not help out. Do you want to kill her? She probably has no house-help and her kids are still babies.

The man should be the one to tell his mother to help out, at most with the baby, that's not too much. Or the man should tell her to leave diplomatically and ASAP.

If it was her mother, am sure her own mother will lighten her load. please put yourself in the position of a woman for once, you won't turn to one, don't worry
Posted on: October 25, 2011, 05:27 PM
Posted by: Outstrip

@SWAGDUDE. PLS TAKE IT EASY.WAT EVER I POSTED HER, I DID THAT COS I WAS FED UP. U CANT BE IN YOUR HOUSE AND DERTERMINE IF I AM RESPECTFUL OR NOT. MY MUM CAN NEVER BEHAVE THE WAY SHE IS DOING.HOW CAN U BE AT HOME AND NOT HELP OUT AT ALL. I HAVE TO GO TO WORK.IT IS HOW I LEAVE THE HOUSE THAT I MEET IT.I HAVE A LITTLE BABY WHO I CANT EVEN LEAVE WITH HER COUPLED WITH THE OTHER KIDS.
WHATELSE DO YOU EXPECT FROM ME,I CANT PRETEND ANYMORE.BUT I AM AS STRAIGHT AS POSSIBLE WITH HER WHEN SHE DOES THINGS I DONT LIKE COS IF IT WERE MY MUM I WONT TAKE IT FROM HER. I WONT EVEN ALLOW MY OWN MUM STAY THIS LONG.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by JOSSYdan: 12:15am On Nov 06, 2011
I will not allow my mum to stay that long in my matrimonial home because it is written there shall be no third party angry
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
mother in laws should think like this HERSELF WANTED FREEDOM FROM HER OWN MOTHER IN LAW so she should stay for reasonable period and leave daughter in law to enjoy her husband

this applies if she has her own house

the best solution is always home far away from your parents visits would be limited
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
As long as they want oh, both Mom and Mama In Law. Both of them are busy women sha, I prefer my mother in law sha, my husband behaves very well when she is around. He cleans, picks up after himself and cooks. My mom thinks am living in sin cos I remarried, my mother in law on the hand treats me like a baby. When I had my Baby she was God sent. We go partying, shopping, have spa days etc. My ex mother in law is also welcome in my new home, once in a while she comes and spends a weekend, she loves my son and am even scared she will spoil him. People re different sha, everyone has his own story. Me I can stay with anyone oh, I respect pple and expect same. I open my heart to people and even though some take advantage of it, I ve been blessed with the best mother in laws.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2011
Maximum 2 days, no be me go pursue her, she will fly back to Lagos where she can get some sleep without having to listen to the love making noises all night embarassed grin
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by ashiri1: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2011
jennykadry:

Maximum 2 days, no be me go pursue her, she will fly back to Lagos where she can get some sleep without having to listen to the love making noises all night embarassed grin

Nah so una be. all da badt naija gals wit hidden agenda. u surely wud marry a weak man who wud alow such tretment f=meted to a woman who carried him 9 month.

no wonda hubby de hard u to get seif. mtshewwww
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by tessybaby(f): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2011
What i have come to realise is that you have a very good relationship with ur MIL but immediately she starts living with you in the same roof (and for too long) everything go spoil.

I never pretended towards my inlaws before and even after marraige
i made them understand my point and would not do things just to please them
or show them am a good wife.
I always treat my MIL like she was my mother (am used to this dis coz i grew up with 2 mother taking care of me-my step mother and my mother and i treat them the same) but i have have come to realise that she looks at everything i do with a twist. if i tell her i don't like her opinion it's a problem etc and i hate it when she comes to my house and start comparing everything in my house with her daughter's. " My daughter does it this way, my daughter had this same funiture and she places it just about here, i did same to my daughter's kids when she put to bed, my daughter dis and dat.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by 2shuz: 12:19pm On Nov 28, 2011
The answer to this question is very simple, AS LONG AS BOTH PARTIES CAN LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE PEACEFULLY!!!! afterall we know of kids that cant stay under the same roof with thier mothers.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by ashiri1: 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
tessybaby:

What i have come to realise is that you have a very good relationship with your MIL but immediately she starts living with you in the same roof (and for too long) everything go spoil.

I never pretended towards my inlaws before and even after marraige
i made them understand my point and would not do things just to please them
or show them am a good wife.
I always treat my MIL like she was my mother (am used to this dis coz i grew up with 2 mother taking care of me-my step mother and my mother and i treat them the same) but i have have come to realise that she looks at everything i do with a twist. if i tell her i don't like her opinion it's a problem etc and i hate it when she comes to my house and start comparing everything in my house with her daughter's. " My daughter does it this way, my daughter had this same funiture and she places it just about here, i did same to my daughter's kids when she put to bed, my daughter dis and dat.

If she wer ur bio moda. pls tell me u kant manage her well? selfish ladies.
women are one and same all ova. they need a strong minded man who is in control.

if my moda isnt good for my home, then my moda in law isnt too and not even one benefit not given my mum would be dealt her. yes. obu otuahu.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
@OP
as long as she possibly can, so long as my partner doesnt mind then why should i send her away?
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
All the ladies here complaining about their MIL, I hope their DIL too would chase them out of their sons wife.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 22, 2011
Have you noticed how most fathers-in-law aren't a problem? They don't intrude. Something women need to learn.

I do fine with people who don't send me on errands, talk too much, crazy over food or hang around me when I'm in the kitchen trying to peep at what I'm cooking. Do this, do that. . .ehn you didn't greet me today, ehn you rolled your eyes . . . ehn you can't pray well. . .exhibiting pettiness. . .jeez

If you tick all the boxes above then heck no, you cannot stay with me, not even a matter of length.
If you are the quiet, respectful type, you can stay as long as you want. I trust myself, I won't even notice you.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by teemy(m): 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
I haven't heard anyone mention if both mums were around - provided there is available space - how long should they stay?
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2012
MIL woes make laugh all the time grin grin grin grin. I'm quite lucky my MIL is one of those happy go lucky ones. She no just send and when she visits, I'm usually on cloud 9 because she does not let me lift a finger. My mum on the other hand refuse to visit because her husband won't shift an inch from Lagos cry angry
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by moremi2008(m): 2:12am On Jan 18, 2012
I can't marry a woman that doesn't love my Mum. Period. In that sense I am very traditional. The woman leaves her family to join my own family - period. If she can't do that, then she needs to go find herself another man! grin grin grin
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by nonyJ: 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
Toonice: How Long Can U allow your MUM to stay in your Matrimonial home?
How abt how long can she stay for OMUGWUO? cos some mums can tend to overstay. My mum can visit for weekends and go back home to take care of her husband and my siblings.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by smallworld(f): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
i think some people are seeing it in a wrong way,when u are working,nursing a baby and still need to cather for the house i think if anybody comes arround for a visit and wil be staying more than 2-3days giving a helping-hand wont be a crime.lets take for instance:- wen i put to bed of my first baby my husband wasnt arround and my mum and my MIL came arround,my MIL left the following day claiming that she want to go and make arrangment for the naming ceremony,she came 2days after the naming ceremony(m sure she came purposely because her son will arrive in 5days and left 5days later.
1. my mum is 73 and my MIL is 50.
2. my mum stayed for 3months,my MIL stayed 1week after d naming
3. my husband is the first of his mother and our baby is d 1st grandchild
4. i am the last born and my mum ve got so many grandchildren
5.my mum will wash all my babies cloths,sometimes including ours and some household-shores
6.my mother inlaw wil not do anything and sometimes when d baby is crying when she needs to back her she will be saying shes old so she can not be stressing herself too much
7.the very first day my MIL and SIL came to our home they spent 3days(i was heavily pregnant then),not even my SIL could help in the house for the 3days,the most annoying part was that my MIL lied to my husband that 'this ur wife is very hard working o,ur sister asked her to bring the cloth she was washing she said she shldnt bother)Meanwhile it was all a lie,what they do is eat,sleep,watch films and gist not even my SIL could do anything and she is younger than i am

Although i didnt complain to my husband i just took it as i wont allow all that to happen again,but to be candid i feel its not good to allow a MIL to overstay if u want to avoid trouble in ur home.
Re: How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? by GboyegaD(m): 4:01am On Jun 09, 2012
It depends on the relationship between the couple and the mother. For me, my mum cam stay for as long as she wants and I am sure when I get married, my mother in law would be allowed to stay as long as she wants. Growing up, my maternal grandma visits often and stays for as long as she wants and my parents never had issues with it so why should mine be an exception? My mom at her last visit stayed a year with my eldest sister and her family and same happened when her husband's mum visited as well. In it all, I think for a nice mother in law, the couples like having them around. That is my experience from my married friends and siblings.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please My Marriage ! Advice Please / How Do We Avoid Future Chaos In The Family / DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: The Negative Effects On A Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.