Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today (50895 Views)

Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023 / Wike: I Will Speak Soon, Nigerians Will Know What Transpired In PDP / Justice Mary Odili In Supreme Court Panel Reviewing Bayelsa Election Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Larryndelaw: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
Mynd44:

I said this earlier and someone was arguing with me. If you cannot call the desponent to testify in court, it is mere hearsay as it is assumed that the respondent didn't have a chance to ask questions thereby not defended his/herself. The deposition itself is merely a waste of time if it was not in open court.

As for this
forgery being a criminal offence have to be proved beyond any doubt else you are just playing around
Dont mind all these children who doesn't know anything about court processes
Forgery is a big offence which has to start with police investigation before it gets to court. Atiku and his team has not done these but want the supreme court to admit it.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by seeteazain(m): 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
Why will a judge who is suppose to be neutral ask a lawyer, "what will you gain if you win this appeal"?. That comment is enough reason to demoralize the lawyer, thus, he had no option than to withdraw the appeal.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by SensetionalGoal(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
Dsimmer:

You dey mind those idiots. I don't even understand the stupidity. Those idiots don't even know the meaning of student transcript. The moment CSU severally stated that Tinubu was their graduate, everyone should have got sense already. Tinubu can even choose to write on the sand to say he graduated from CSU, It's no one's business as long as CSU has confirmed him as their graduate which BBC even emphasized on.

My brother read my post again but this time slowly...
Don't be one of those idiots I was referring to or are you trying to be sarcastic
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by JimD(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
Obi is more like a clog in the wheel at this point. He should leave Tinubu and Atiku to slug it out.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Larryndelaw: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
Mr Olanipekun jokingly points out the contradictions in Atiku’s prayers, where he prayed the court to disqualify Mr Tinubu as a candidate in the election, and in another breath, called for a rerun to be conducted between him and Mr Tinubu.

Courtroom erupted into laughter.

Both SIDIKATU ATIKU and His Lawyers are confused

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Jostoman: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
tolue42:

Ahhhh, all obideints are lawyers naaaaa.

We see how y'all always interpret on nairaland and twitter.. baby politicians!
Na you Sabi.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
Antoeni:
The suffering is too much. Unfortunately, the people benefitting from the system don't care.

If the military can get Nigeria working again, pls let them rescue this country.
what's supreme court's business with your opinion on whether suffering is too much or not? Even if a cup of garri is now 50k it doesn't concern Supreme Court. You can use it to campaign when the time comes. The judiciary business is to check whether he was duly elected or not. His performance is none of their business.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
Tinubu the Greatest President of Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Dennisochampa: 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
Lol...
Small money wen atiku and obi get, them Wan spend am for court.
Anyway tinubu 8 years go complete.
Atiku and obi will NEVER rule 9ja...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Dsimmer: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

My brother read my post again but this time slowly...
Don't be one of those idiots I was referring to or are you trying to be sarcastic

I was referring to all the senseless fools who don't have a brain to know the meaning of student transcripts and if you're one of them, then it fits! Tinubu can even write on the mud to say he graduated from CSU as long as CSU confirmed him as their graduate!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Raskimonojendor: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
seeteazain:
Why will a judge who is suppose to be neutral ask a lawyer, "what will you gain if you win this appeal"?. That comment is enough reason to demoralize the lawyer, thus, he had no option than to withdraw the appeal.
What the lawyer would gain is money from his clients.

grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7886760/supreme-court-dismisses-apms-appeal

The Supreme Court has dismissed the appeal filed by the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) challenging the nomination of Kashim Shettima as the Vice Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the last presidential election.
A seven-member panel, headed by Justice John Okoro pronounced the dismissal of the appeal after the appellant’s lawyer, Chukwuma Majukwu Umeh applied to withdraw it.

Members of the panel had, at the mention of the appeal, noted that it was frivolous because the Supreme Court had, in an earlier case of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) v. INEC and others, resolved this issue that Shettima was properly nominated.

Justice Okoro pointedly asked Umeh what he thought his client would benefit from the outcome of the case if not only to further overburden the court.

Umeh had made efforts to distinguish his client’s case from that if the PDP v. INEC and others, but later had a change of mind when the Justice Okoro insisted that the appeal lacked any utilitarian value.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Generalyemi(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Atiku and Hoe B should continue fetching water with baskets.
While your mothers and fathers keep suffering...
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by SensetionalGoal(m): 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
Spirit04:
did he ask question?
Did Atiku's Lawyer ask him question? Go and listen to Appeal Court judgment. Judges hate piece of paper. If you want to say something, come to court and say it in front of the judges and the defendant let him defend himself in the presence of everybody. You cannot hold a talk show in one girls office and bring it to the Supreme Court and tell them this is your evidence. At least bring the person who wrote it so that he can come and swear before everybody

Are you being serious right now
Talk show in a girls office

See CSU are not meant to bring anyone to court... Their deposition is enough and can be tenderd in any law court that is the standard practice
The supreme court should not waste time to admit that CSU documents and critically examine it ... Thiefnibu should not escape on this one, he should be hold accountable for his forgeries
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by HRMK: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
[quote author=keymatt post=126571284]Tifffnubu going down. We Nigerians say no to political criminal and international certificate forger.
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by chuksoyo21(m): 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
Mynd44:

I said this earlier and someone was arguing with me. If you cannot call the desponent to testify in court, it is mere hearsay as it is assumed that the respondent didn't have a chance to ask questions thereby not defended his/herself. The deposition itself is merely a waste of time if it was not in open court.

As for this
forgery being a criminal offence have to be proved beyond any doubt else you are just playing around

Is the oath of the deposition given legitimacy when it is deposed to in an open court by the deponents as well?

I am just asking....
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Larryndelaw: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
SensetionalGoal:
I thought some people are educated in this forum but I just realized they are bunch of noise makers who can't read and comprehend...

Tinubus US lawyer was there when CSU representative deposition took place that makes it legal and can be tenderd in any court of law as evidence.

Let me be just be watching you clowns

It will just be regarded as an hearsay, The despondent still has to come to court to be cross examined. Meanwhile what is obtainable in America judicial system is different from America.
For Example in Nigeria, We dwell much on certificate but in America it is Transcript.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Britishpea: 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
keymatt:
Tifffnubu going down.
We Nigerians say no to political criminal and international certificate forger. 😎

50 year old boy! Maybe you will be wise in the next 5 years. The case is a dead case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by BJanta: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
tolue42:

Go down where? You people are really funny 🤣🤣🤣

Funny? No . They no brain at at all. They CANNOT decipher Wole Olanipekun and Olujinmi's superior arguments and Justice Okoro's rider - whether the depositions were done in court or somewhere else, and to which Atiku's response was ' Atiku's Attorney's office in the US ' This necessitates the need for the deponent to appear on court for cross examination. Then consider the legal strength of China Wole Olanipekun's joke and the response of the entire court audience, you'll see THERE'S NO CASE.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Bluntemperor: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
Dsimmer:

You dey mind those idiots. I don't even understand the stupidity. Those idiots don't even know the meaning of student transcript. The moment CSU severally stated that Tinubu was their graduate, everyone should have got sense already. Tinubu can even choose to write on the sand to say he graduated from CSU, It's no one's business as long as CSU has confirmed him as their graduate which BBC even emphasized on.

God bless you brother,as you have Oil in your brains!
The opposition will still come with different methods of wasting their time and Nigerians time for frivolous and mundane matters - when they know throughly that they only exists for stomach infrastructures and by coming 4- yrs,they will be back at Supreme Court again!
Court Matters is on Law and Facts,not in frivolous charges!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by SensetionalGoal(m): 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
Larryndelaw:

It will just be regarded as an hearsay, The despondent still has to come to court to be cross examined. Meanwhile what is obtainable in America judicial system is different from America.
For Example in Nigeria, We dwell much on certificate but in America it is Transcript.

So what was thiefnibu lawyer doing there in the first place if not to lean credence to process...
Go back and read that CSU deposition statement The representative was asked several questions by thiefnibus lawyer
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Larryndelaw: 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

Are you being serious right now
Talk show in a girls office

See CSU are not meant to bring anyone to court... Their deposition is enough and can be tenderd in any law court that is the standard practice
The supreme court should not waste time to admit that CSU documents and critically examine it ... Thiefnibu should not escape on this one, he should be hold accountable for his forgeries
American judicial system is differentl from our Court system.
For ordinary Speeding Ticket in America, Once the police Marked it on the Ticket that you must appear in court, You don't have any option than to appear or be represented my an Attorney Otherwise a warrant will be issued against you. Dop we do the same in Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by tolue42(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
BJanta:

Funny? No . They no brain at at all. They CANNOT decipher Wole Olanipekun and Olujinmi's superior arguments and Justice Okoro's rider - whether the depositions were done in court or somewhere else, and to which Atiku's response was ' Atiku's Attorney's office in the US ' This necessitates the need for the deponent to appear on court for cross examination. Then consider the legal strength of China Wole Olanipekun's joke and the response of the entire court audience, you'll see THERE'S NO CASE.

I tell you...Law is Law!
They don't actually see that coming ...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Menclothing: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
Lolz 😂
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Patriotic9ja(m): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
Atiku has no sense at all. Just chasing tail. There is a time for everything according to the constitution

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Celepope: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
This forum has a lot of people with funny thinking. If not that the judges are being economical with their futuristic intent, a deposition made with both parties duely represented be it on a boat cruise or by the beach ought to be presentable in any court of law. You guys forgot that this deposition was ordered by a court judge. So where it was made shouldn’t be questioned at all by the so called corrupt Supreme Court judge. Lastly, on the issue of third party Vendor issuing certificate, anyone who graduated from a US school should know that the school always have an accredited third party Vendor that issues their Certificate for them. The big question should be, is the accredited Vendor by CSU the one that issued the certificate submitted by Tinubu to INEC? If not then that certificate should be considered as being forged .
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Chioma1989: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
Tinubu may have presented a forged certificate to INEC but the electoral act is clear......you must provide evidence within 180 days after election. Atiku failed on that. Secondly, you can't bring additional evidence that was not presented before the trial court to the Supreme Court. Thirdly, CSU have not issued a public statement disowning Tinubu certificate. What CSU merely did was a deposition, which may not be entertained in Nigeria's Supreme Court. For it to be accepted, CSU will have to enter the witness box and testify against Tinubu, which I doubt CSU is prepared to do.
Atiku will loose on technicalities not that the offense was not committed. T

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by tolue42(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
SensetionalGoal:
I thought some people are educated in this forum but I just realized they are bunch of noise makers who can't read and comprehend...

Tinubus US lawyer was there when CSU representative deposition took place that makes it legal and can be tenderd in any court of law as evidence.

Let me be just be watching you clowns

Why cant they invite INEC as well?
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by 2BabaNairaland: 5:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
I pity you and your children and unborn ones.

Criminals in Nigeria space, so disgusting.

tolue42:

I just pity Obi and Atiku lawyers, their "shopping" of money is coming to an end as soon as possible.
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by BJanta: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
tolue42:

I tell you...Law is Law!
They don't actually see that coming ...

Never!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Trust34yf: 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
:

Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Cajal(m): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
Re: Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today by Babathanks(m): 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
cl0r0x:
A country where Ganduje is still in office and right hand man to the president, they ain't ready.

In a sane country both the giver and the receiver will be chastised.
None of your governor in south east work more than Ganduje. I live in Kano ooo. So forget social media talk talk. Ganduje really trie in Kano especially in terms of infrastructure. Go there and confirm and stop social media gossip

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose And His Family Spotted Praying In The Beach Water (video) / Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos / Tinubu: The Era Of Deceiving Us With Photographs Has Passed - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.