Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues (2375 Views)

My Fiancee's Anger Issues / She Have Anger Issues And Is Affecting Our Relationship / “some Nigerian Ladies Have Killed Romance” - Relationship Expert Joro Olumofin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by nelboy: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
I noticed that many older single ladies have anger issues and many times are very stubborn. Could this be the reason why they are still single

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Offpointng: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
nelboy:
I noticed that many older single ladies have anger issues and many times are very stubborn. Could this be the reason why they are still single

maybe

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Jeon(f): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Chaii, this life em good make person get sense.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by ufotty2001: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
nelboy:
sometimes it is depression and frustration. Hardly you see an older woman without children and husband that is happy with herself..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by imoh4king(m): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2023
ufotty2001:
sometimes it is depression and frustration. Hardly you see an older woman without children and husband that is happy with herself..

Well, its not easy for them especially in Nigerian culture and contexts that frowns at older single women not to even talk about family pressure, societal pressure, fear of menopause etc.
Their frustration no dey just tie wrapper, he dey follow wear cover shoe.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by ojun50(m): 12:13am On Oct 24, 2023
Jeon:
Na question he ask
You self why you dey get anger issues Aunty

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by talented321: 12:36am On Oct 24, 2023
Frustration, i have many of them as friends. Though i bleep them once in a while.. Many of them are very bitter and smart
nelboy:

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by udede(m): 3:44am On Oct 24, 2023
Transferred aggression, but they should quickly remind them selves that every other man is not like their ex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Myer(m): 4:15am On Oct 24, 2023
nelboy:

1. Defense mechanism. Unlike some countries marriage is not optional in Nigeria and being single is demonised. In order to handle the pressure from family and society, some ladies have resolved to make themselves unapproachable to insensitive people. Though it may not be the best solution as they may end up unapproachable to everyone, pushing away even their prospective suitors or helpers.

2. Character flaws. Some are unmarried cos of bad character, anger issues being one of them. Anger is hereditary in some families, and they need to deal with this prayerfully.

3. Frustration/Depression. Some are actually getting desperate to marry and getting frustrated that they're not getting any younger and the singles pool is a jungle. They're probably still healing from their previous relationship that went south. Depression starts kicking in in some cases.

4. Depends on the location. Commuting in certain states will make you naturally develop anger issues. Not mentioning names but Lagosians are trying sha, we deserve palliatives- government sponsored vacation to restore us to factory settings. cheesy

That said, we need to improve as a People. Marriage is a blessing but even Jesus Christ agrees that it's not compulsory. In fact according to Paul, he wished we could all stay singlelike him because being single is such a blessing too especially for those following their purpose in life. Marriage becomes simply the icing on the cake if you choose to marry.

God bless the singles.
God bless the married.
Let's learn to be sensitive and respect one another.
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Efna55: 4:57am On Oct 24, 2023
Jeon:
Mommy if you get sense and remove anger from your life person for done marry you by now..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Exceed15: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2023
Loneliness, fear of menopause, bitterness of lost opportunities dey affect them

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Jeon(f): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2023
[

Money over marriage son.

Efna55:

Mommy if you get sense and remove anger from your life person for done marry you by now..

Chai, En good make person get sense.
So nah only single ladies dy get anger issues, I have learnt another lesson.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Jeon(f): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2023
But their anger issues no fit destroys life and prosperity,is that one an issue?.

ojun50:

Na question he ask
You self why you dey get anger issues Aunty

Because nah today I know say nah only single ladies get anger issues.
But my location everyone + kiddos has an anger and can react like a beast in a second.

Anyways ,Society is till destroyed by Men that has no anger issues. Wetin you go talk for this one?.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Hideaki: 7:44am On Oct 24, 2023
Maybe you're smelling that's they reject you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Jewessgratitud3: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2023
imoh4king:

Well, its not easy for them especially in Nigerian culture and contexts that frowns at older single women not to even talk about family pressure, societal pressure, fear of menopause etc.

Hahahahaha... very childish reasoning

How did you come up with all these claims? Like who is not frustrated in this present economy?
Even you that is talking, is life treating you well?
Are you not feeling the heat of the harsh economy?how did you know it's her single status that is making them frustrated?

I can't laugh abeg.
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Davidcorny: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2023
The poster who said transferred aggression is spot on, I was once friends with an older woman during my youth service who said she was deceived by her guy that he'll marry her but didnt, now she's 46 and unmarried.

Very nasty character, tries to hook up with my older relatives she spoofed off my phone and is always suspicious men want to furk her, she has mental issues I'm sure of that, she's on every dating app asking for marriage.
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2023
I've noticed my aunt is like this, whenever she comes to the house, she always causes tension and would want to take over the entire house by being in charge, the same house that belongs to my parents... You can't even have a constructive discussion with her because she would just flares up.

She lost her husband at a young age and never did remarried and had children.

I honestly no longer enjoyed her visits... I've told my mom many times to talk to her younger sister and caution her, but she just keeps letting her do as she pleases in the house... Mom says she's afraid that if she cautions her, she might feel neglected since she has no one else back home.

This aunt of mine is very good at emotionally blackmailing my mom... Each time my mom would try to caution her, she would start ranting of how my mom is kicking her out of the house just because she doesn't have any husband and children, big fat lies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by CHoccolaTE: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2023
Maybe they are angry because economy is bad. Many married women also have short tempers.
It doesn't necessarily mean that they want marriage.

Marriage sef na suffer head life for majority of women.
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by daveP(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I've noticed my aunt is like this, whenever she comes to the house, she always causes tension and would want to take over the entire house by being in charge, the same house that belongs to my parents... You can't even have a constructive discussion with her because she would just flares up.

She lost her husband at a young age and never did remarried and had children.

I honestly no longer enjoyed her visits... I've told my mom many times to talk to her younger sister and caution her, but she just keeps letting her do as she pleases in the house... Mom says she's afraid that if she cautions her, she might feel neglected since she has no one else back home.

This aunt of mine is very good at emotionally blackmailing my mom... Each time my mom would try to caution her, she would start ranting of how my mom is kicking her out of the house just because she doesn't have any husband and children, big fat lies.

My Dad's Cousin is on this table. Way back when we spent holidays with them after school term were over, we'll move for a week or more. Twas fun. But Uncle's wife has an elder bro and younger sis that behaved just like your aunt. Uncle's wife tried to no avail, but both were like a tag team whenever she tries to resist them.

Fortunately, her elder bro came one day and began to insult, bully my cousins for half an hour. My dad was inside. He heard all, came out, and called him to order. Took him aside and told he needs to listen. My dad reprimanded him in a wise, calm, but firm way. He tried to justify his actions to no avail.

At the end, he stopped and my uncle's wife was super excited that an elder has helped her. Her excitement was caught short when her younger sis came on a Sunday to start her own anger games. Uncle's wife was telling her she can't dialogue with a mad woman, expecting she will calm down and then discuss.

My mum came around later and took her aside too. I dunno what they discussed but i saw the younger sister weeping. Oops!!

Long story cut short, both stopped it altogether and are still grateful. Younger sis is married and elder bro is doing really well now. Frustration of no husband for younger sis, and no job for elder bro. That was the origin of their shege and Vawulence to their nephews and nieces.

Conflict Resolution is gold

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2023
I knew one 39 year old lady in working in Federal polytechnic Nekede, she has a serious anger issue and guess what she is neither married nor having a kid.....
sometimes when we dey chat, she go just vex anyhow and I even offers to marry her despite the 8 years age difference but she go dey vex anyhow if you I no reply her chat quick and atimes she go call me just dey vex.... I no say this one na serious anger issues....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by InfinityFabric: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2023
imoh4king:

But what were they doing between the ages of 18 - 25 ? 26, 27, 28 ? Dem all dey coma ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by InfinityFabric: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2023
Because they've become masculine, they want to act like men... which always end in tears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Rickmann: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2023
nelboy:

Many are just frusterated.
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by nelboy: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2023
So most times older single ladies becomes too independent which I think affect them, they feel they can do everything for themselves.
Another reason could be that they are usually financially stable at this stage of life.

InfinityFabric:
Because they've become masculine, they want to act like men... which always end in tears.
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by CrownOfClay724: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2023
Not a gender thing.

If you've not achieved some things at some point in life, body go permanently dey pepper you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by nelboy: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2023
If you are an older single lady in this thread please I am not referring to all single ladies, some ladies fell victim of meeting time wasters.
I am only saying what I observed amongst older single ladies which I think could be the reason men are running away from them.
If you are an older single lady you must learn to be forgiving, you must learn to resolve conflict and move on quickly and try to make peace with people.
Be kind with your words.
These are soft skills that attract men. Every man need s a woman that can give him peace of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Streetmovement(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

E dey happen op, So many things dey contribute to that anger my brother...we wey understand as he be we dey give them space but we still dey let them know say no matter how much anger them smoke, our own worse, so mk them dey try calm down when them come around us cuz life can life you anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by DrAkpamudehe: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2023
daveP:

My Dad's Cousin is on this table. Way back when we spent holidays with them after school term were over, we'll move for a week or more. Twas fun. But Uncle's wife has an elder bro and younger sis that behaved just like your aunt. Uncle's wife tried to no avail, but both were like a tag team whenever she tries to resist them.

Fortunately, her elder bro came one day and began to insult, bully my cousins for half an hour. My dad was inside. He heard all, came out, and called him to order. Took him aside and told he needs to listen. My dad reprimanded him in a wise, calm, but firm way. He tried to justify his actions to no avail.

At the end, he stopped and my uncle's wife was super excited that an elder has helped her. Her excitement was caught short when her younger sis came on a Sunday to start her own anger games. Uncle's wife was telling her she can't dialogue with a mad woman, expecting she will calm down and then discuss.

My mum came around later and took her aside too. I dunno what they discussed but i saw the younger sister weeping. Oops!!

Long story cut short, both stopped it altogether and are still grateful. Younger sis is married and elder bro is doing really well now. Frustration of no husband for younger sis, and no job for elder bro. That was the origin of their shege and Vawulence to their nephews and nieces.

Conflict Resolution is gold

Abeg summarize

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by P1PrinceKT(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2023
nelboy:
I have to agree 👍with this post.
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Kobicove(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
Why do some of you derive joy in creating threads to denigrate women here? undecided

Every day women this, women that...can't you discuss something else?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by Efna55: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
Re: Why Do Most Older Single Ladies Have Anger Issues by mischief003: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2023
Worked for one like that, always insulting and disgracing me in public as though I am the cause of her loneliness cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine Lies Men Tell Themselves About Women / Nigerian Housewives / How Do You Handle Boyfriend Of Girlfriend With Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.