Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

A Wife Material But Not Well Educated - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Material But Not Well Educated (8963 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
I met this lady a month ago and since then we've been getting to know each other well. All the while i thought she was an undergraduate most especial with the sense of reasonning she posseses and her spoken english. Jst last week i asked about her field of study and was shocked when she told me she's not opportuned to further her education. But she has this wifelike qualities, one of those things which attracted me to her. As it is now i'm reconsidering my feelings towards her. Please i need candid advice from you married men and women.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by 2mch(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
If she is smart enough without a university degree imagine how well she will do in school. You have to make sure she has goals and dreams of becoming someone or doing something with her life. Encourage her to go to school in a way that both of you work towards it. You can chip in to help but not all the way. Let her understand the reward of hard work and following her dreams, with your support. She can get a part time job to contribute her share to her education, while you help with the other half. If she has other wifely attributes, then you have a potential investment on your hands. But make sure you understand what she wants for her life, and if her plans work well with yours. If they do, both of you can start working towards achieving it. wink

1 Like

Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
@2mch tnx 4 dat piece of advise. Yes, she's currently learning a fashion designing and also have a part-time job. And she's jst 19 yrs old. She finished her Sec. Edu 2yrs ago. And she also plan studying microbiology if given d opportunity.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by 2mch(m): 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
lutha:

@2mch tnx 4 dat piece of advise. Yes, she's currently learning a fashion designing and also have a part-time job. And she's jst 19 yrs old. She finished her Sec. Edu 2yrs ago. And she also plan studying microbiology if given d opportunity.

It is a good sign that she is not sitting down at home dreaming, she is learning a skill. Let her finish the fashion designing first, and then decide if she wants to go back to school. Being a fashion designer will pay more than a part time job when she is in school. And who knows if she is very good at fashion designing she may not even need the school. Working as a fashion designer will also help her be flexible with the time she has to work, and give her time to continue her education. She has to be realistic about her goals though. In Nigeria, where are the jobs? If she is brilliant enough for Microbiology why not study medicine? Except she wants to be a professor. undecided. Dont write anyone off because of lack of opportunity, try to help them create one and you will not regret your decision.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2011
True talk@2mch! I rilly like ur sense of reasoning.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2011
I call on you married men&wowen in the house please, i need more advice/veiw on this matter. PLEASE!
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Godwin7(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
My dear do you know that it is important you marry a woman that will give you rest of mind,peaceful and god fearing. In addition to being hard working. Do not let these opportunity pass you by.The fact that she is not educated now does not mean she can not get education later,once your spirit goes with hers and she meets all the qualities you are looking for in a woman then please go ahead and plan your life with her. Just ensure you pray seriously about it . Good luck.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hmmm! Thank so much godwin.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by ronkebp(f): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2011
She is still a very young girl, she is 19, haba!!!! she still has a long way to go, and am sure she would be more than glad to further her education, we see 60yr old men/women going back to school to finish their careers. Meanwhile, i am an example, have a wonderful man, who loves me to pieces, did not finish his education due to numerous problems, i am a woman, and i had a choice to say no, (moreover, my parents must not know that he was half-baked educationally) but he is in school now and would be finishing soon, moreso he is a business person to the core, but decided to go back to school just to make me happy. So it is do-able, if you have a good plan.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ronkebp, tnx 4 dt piece.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
Let her go to school

She is just 19 and you can wait till she finishes her education before marrying her.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2011
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by lutha: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2011
@dayokanu, tnk u. @chaircover, i think the issue of not being able to guarantee her true character now is another point which needs my careful consideration. You've all spoken well. Thank you.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by freecocoa(f): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2011
Op when you say she is not "opportuned" to further her studies,is it due to monetary issues or that jamb\aptitude test has not been favorable?
We know how the latter can frustrate one's efforts.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by shumno(f): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2011
OP don't be confused, she seems to be a hard worker, and you say she is only 19. Pls encourage her to further her studies she is still very young, if you are sure she is God's will for you, do not let her slip through your fingers.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by kayalla(f): 10:08am On Oct 26, 2011
send am go skull na!
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by potableliz: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2011
for fact that she is, that intelligent in terms of her vocabulary,reasoning, e.t.c you can marry her and educate her,there are so many par-time school in nigeria and distance learning center (dlc),distance learning institute (dli).
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by VALIDATOR: 10:13am On Oct 26, 2011
@OP,
Let us assume that she is never going to have any tertiary education.Verily I say unto you, if you are able to love her in spite of her short comings,then you have truly loved. When do YOU feel loved?Is it when you earn goodies that you have truly worked for and deserved OR when you earn goodies that you did not deserve?Are you looking for a trophy that you can show to your friends or are you looking for love?Your mother continued to love and support you even though you are not the most brilliant and handsome kid in town. That is love.

If the feeling between you two is mutual,then let time decide if you will marry her. Don't let real love pass you by.
By the way:
Phuck her a few times first and see.If you are still feeling the love then I believe she is yours.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by abiolag(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2011
19yrs old is young and can still achieve a greater height if only u help her to attain her goals.don't let her slip away and train her to ur taste so dat she will not change her character @ d long run(though d only permanent thing in life is change).wish u all d best
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 26, 2011
[size=15pt]@OP The unfortunate thing is wife materials are always not educated or smart. Sorry you can't have it both ways.[/size]
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by daywatcher: 10:52am On Oct 26, 2011
if you love her you will do what is right for her
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by soladisc: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2011
My wife is not a university graduate like me but i always thank God for giving her to me. We are the best example of couples around. Meanwhile a man/woman is educated if he/she know how to get thing done, not necessarilly knowing how to do it his or herself. Dont make that mistake my brother. Wish you best of luck.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by baslone: 11:00am On Oct 26, 2011
f^C@KK Schoool!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by tim2: 11:02am On Oct 26, 2011
Its not easy
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Sijo01(f): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2011
kayalla:

send am go skull na!

Chikina!
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by geosegun(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2011
Does going to higher institution makes one educated alone?
So someone who is intelligent, can express herself and full of life but has secondary education is not educated?

If I may ask WHAT DOES IT MEANS FOR ONE TO BE EDUCATED.

If you dare miss opportunity of a life fulfilling wife just because of higher degree. I pity you.
Attaining higher degree is good but it doesn't make a woman a better wife.

Mentor her. That is your best bet and you will not regret you did.

I AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

ALL THE BEST MY FRIEND!
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Oct 26, 2011
Train her or dump her

chikina
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by adaphik(f): 11:48am On Oct 26, 2011
chipmunkey:

[size=15pt]@OP The unfortunate thing is wife materials are always not educated or smart. Sorry you can't have it both ways.[/size]
R u ok? 'Wife materials are ALWAYS not educated or smart'.
How can u say such a thing, for christ sake If u are actually educated, then u are a disappointment to the educated class for making such a statement.

For u to draw such a conclusion, u must have conducted an intensive research on ALL uneducated ladies. Which is HIGHLY IMPOSSIBLE, my friend.
So pls think b4 u comment.
This is bullshit.
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Arogboojo: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hey, my dear friend ! what do you want ? A wife or Education? have you not noticed not many so called schooled, learned and wow babes has character, attitude and behavior

It is what you called her that pple will calld her for u.

you better grab her
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
heh

one u send the chick to school, her eye will open and she will find you are er 'not up to her standards'

enough stories on nl about same
Re: A Wife Material But Not Well Educated by andyanders: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2011
Listen, you do not dump a relationship because of her weakness, rather assist the person to statnd if you realy love the person. At 19ys, she can be the best if you can help her. It is better for you to mould her to your taste rather than start complaining of her defenciency.

No 2 perfect people on earth. Since you have atested to her good qualities, you can add beauty by helpng to see her through the College.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Court Marriage In Nigeria / Why I Slapped My Father? / Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.