Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc (30172 Views)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by luminouz(m): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
You are very childish. Sorry to say.
Is this the kind of behavior you want to use and keep your home?

A woman should be able to take all heat from around her and simmer it down, silently.

You talk here, you talk there. You did many needless things. so many errors.

You are the originator of all the issues.

Someone said your husband will use all these information about your family against you. It's true so prepare.

Will you shüt dafuq up?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by oglalasioux(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
Pure case of a narcissist mother.

You've got a lot on your hands but the best thing you'll do for yourself is to cut off your mother completely in your life. She'll never change and she'll do everything to make the world see you as the bad child.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by wolebest: 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:
Nairaland, please what should I do?

I gave birth 9 months ago and for some reason, my mom never expressed interest in visiting me and my child. She is a new wife now and I heard from some family members that when she wanted to come, her new husband said ‘your daughter has other people around, why are you worrying yourself’.

I did not take it personally at all. My mother has never been a dependable person. Me and my mom still talk everyday and my child is always on her status. This is her ONLY grandchild.

My mom’s elder sister’s (my aunty) youngest child is moving to my area. My aunty said that she’ll visit me during the move, and come and hold baby. She reached out to my mom and even told my mom that if they plan it, they can visit me together. My mom and my aunty are VERY close. I even consider my aunty my second mom in a way.

Suddenly, my mom starts calling me, saying she wants to plan her visit. I say okay. But with work and everything, my aunty will get here before her. She started telling me not to let my aunty into my house, saying that my aunty is a husband snatcher etc. she said my aunty will destroy my home. I tell her I don’t care about that. She started calling their mutual friends and telling them to tell me that my aunty is a husband snatcher. I did not fall for that.

Frustrated, she called my aunty and said that the truth is that my husband is uncomfortable. She said that MY husband is not from our town and that my husband’s people don’t like visitors. She said that I did not tell her about this out of respect.

My aunty called me and was apologizing, saying that she did not know. I responded and said that this is a lie. I even put my husband on the phone. Here’s my mistake - I sent her a screenshot showing my mom saying that she’s a husband snatcher and that’s why I should not let her into my home.

My aunty and I now agreed that we should let peace reign and that she won’t visit. She said she will still like to see me and we can meet somewhere. MATTER SUPPOSE TO END.

My mom decided to bring my aunty husband into this. She told my auntys husband that his wife is not respecting my husband’s wishes. My auntys husband now sent her my screenshot saying that he knows the real reason and that your child doesn’t even support you.

The screenshot has shattered my mom. She feels betrayed. My siblings who live with my mother are calling me a betrayer. I want to salvage the relationship between my siblings and I, not so much my mother. I have not spoken to any of them since the screenshot.

What do I do? How do I approach this.

Your anger has led you this far........ family destroyer.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Mom007(f): 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
You are not wise and you are not loyal. I feel like calling u mumu. Your first allegiance should be to your mom regardless of her flaws. She was trying so desperately to not have her sister visit you before she did. Why didn't you take the hint? Look how far you went to discredit your mom... your own mother... even sending screenshot. What were you trying to prove or achieve? I hope you are happy now. Even here on a faceless forum, you still call your mother unreliable abi dependable... she is not reliable and you and your siblings did not die in infancy or childhood...when will you people learn to give your parents honor? It's one of the governing laws of the universe set by God Himself! The other day one nzuzu was insulting his father here... later he will wonder why his life is not doing fine. God forbid children that insult and expose their parents to public ridicule, amen!

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Ybholy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
Your mother knows more about your Aunty to make her call her an husband snatcher.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by FireUpNow(m): 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Divorced. I agree that she should obey her husband. That’s why I did not fight her with her not visiting.
The new husband doesn't want her to get too close to you people because he feels she is giving all her attention to you her kids from her previous marriage. All I will say is that let her be if she doesn't want to go to nurse her first grand child. Please allow peace to rain. You and your wife can take of your child without her. Don't worry.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by OmugwoAunty: 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mom007:
You are not wise and you are not loyal. I feel like calling u mumu. Your first allegiance should be to your mom regardless of her flaws. She was trying so desperately to not have her sister visit you before she did. Why didn't you take the hint? Look how far you went to discredit your mom... your own mother... even sending screenshot. What were you trying to prove or achieve? I hope you are happy now. Even here on a faceless forum, you still call your mother unreliable... she is not reliable and you and your siblings did not die in infancy or childhood...when will you people learn to give your parents honor? It's one of the governing laws of the universe set by God Himself! The other day one nzuzu was insulting his father here... later he will wonder why his life is not doing fine. God forbid children that insult and expose their parents to public ridicule, amen!

Understood. I have no allegiance to my mom and she didn’t even really raise me. My life is doing fine, I have job, husband and child. I would not have said anything until people started accusing my husband of being wicked and barring my aunt from visiting. My mother told people to warn my aunt from visiting because my husband doesn’t want her there. M

That’s why I released the screenshot.

6 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Adenle041(m): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
Stevenbright:
Just ignore all of them for now. Time will surely heal all concerned!!
Time will heal all. Give it time and don't talk about it again to anyone.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Bravepenis: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
This is a case of infidelity.
Your Aunt snatched your father from your mother or her boyfriends back in the days.

I believe your aunt is the most beautiful woman among you and your mother

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by LordReed(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

I gave birth 9 months ago and for some reason, my mom never expressed interest in visiting me and my child. She is a new wife now and I heard from some family members that when she wanted to come, her new husband said ‘your daughter has other people around, why are you worrying yourself’.

I did not take it personally at all. My mother has never been a dependable person. Me and my mom still talk everyday and my child is always on her status. This is her ONLY grandchild.

My mom’s elder sister’s (my aunty) youngest child is moving to my area. My aunty said that she’ll visit me during the move, and come and hold baby. She reached out to my mom and even told my mom that if they plan it, they can visit me together. My mom and my aunty are VERY close. I even consider my aunty my second mom in a way.

Suddenly, my mom starts calling me, saying she wants to plan her visit. I say okay. But with work and everything, my aunty will get here before her. She started telling me not to let my aunty into my house, saying that my aunty is a husband snatcher etc. she said my aunty will destroy my home. I tell her I don’t care about that. She started calling their mutual friends and telling them to tell me that my aunty is a husband snatcher. I did not fall for that.

Frustrated, she called my aunty and said that the truth is that my husband is uncomfortable. She said that MY husband is not from our town and that my husband’s people don’t like visitors. She said that I did not tell her about this out of respect.

My aunty called me and was apologizing, saying that she did not know. I responded and said that this is a lie. I even put my husband on the phone. Here’s my mistake - I sent her a screenshot showing my mom saying that she’s a husband snatcher and that’s why I should not let her into my home.

My aunty and I now agreed that we should let peace reign and that she won’t visit. She said she will still like to see me and we can meet somewhere. MATTER SUPPOSE TO END.

My mom decided to bring my aunty husband into this. She told my auntys husband that his wife is not respecting my husband’s wishes. My auntys husband now sent her my screenshot saying that he knows the real reason and that your child doesn’t even support you.

The screenshot has shattered my mom. She feels betrayed. My siblings who live with my mother are calling me a betrayer. I want to salvage the relationship between my siblings and I, not so much my mother. I have not spoken to any of them since the screenshot.

Your siblings are being ridiculous. YOU are the one they should be support not your mom who is behaving in such an abominable manner. Are they still receiving support from her? I don't see why independent adults would think this way.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by evictor305: 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
I suppose this. Also, if you still have dad or a father figure explain this issue to him and i believe he will be able to resolve the issues for you
TheBillyonaire:

Simply tell them that your weakness is that you are incapable of lies and secrecy. That if they have a secret, they should understand you can not help them keep therefore you are not interested in their games.

Be bold, and they will respect you for it.

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by BRATISLAVA: 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Stevenbright:

Time doesn't heal everything, not even until death.

If your family tells you something, you don't need to go spilling it about like a kid. That is how family bad blood starts. It takes one reckless person trying to report to another person what this or that other person said about them, for whatever reason be it revenge or stupidity, not knowing the person who said it has moved on. The recipient of the news will carry it about like a club foot of hate forever.

Clearly the OP hates her mother, so expect her to spill some more things that are best left unsaid to get her siblings on her side. People like that are difficult to love.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by finallybusy: 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
I no read am complete. I tire. At 9 months old, that is already a toddler. Wetin you need omugwo for again? By 3 months, person go dey look mama or mother-in-law as intruder because the hard parts don end. Sha, first grandchild things.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Berankis: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
Truly, an act of betrayal but done in all honesty. I will advice you to act angry too for a while and allow everybody to simmer down. You can later apologise to your mother and tell her it was accidentally sent.
Your mother is your mother. You will have to be very skilled, patient, intelligent and tolerant in handling her. A lot of mothers are like this.
In my situation too, they sometimes quarel and won't settle it within themselves but they would want to bring their children who have been good cousins into their issue.
Women are the problems of this world but there would be none without them.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by grandstar(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty

Your mum is a self centered person and wants you under her thumb.

Something she did not want she suddenly wants to grab with both hands because your aunty wants to help.

My dad was a bit like this. Very possessive behavior.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by allenpaul(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mom007:
You are not wise and you are not loyal. I feel like calling u mumu. Your first allegiance should be to your mom regardless of her flaws. She was trying so desperately to not have her sister visit you before she did. Why didn't you take the hint? Look how far you went to discredit your mom... your own mother... even sending screenshot. What were you trying to prove or achieve? I hope you are happy now. Even here on a faceless forum, you still call your mother unreliable abi dependable... she is not reliable and you and your siblings did not die in infancy or childhood...when will you people learn to give your parents honor? It's one of the governing laws of the universe set by God Himself! The other day one nzuzu was insulting his father here... later he will wonder why his life is not doing fine. God forbid children that insult and expose their parents to public ridicule, amen!
. Honestly i think you actually the mumu u trying to call her you failed to see her mother evil intent she did paint her husband bad person and what's special about who sees a child first if not the fact the wicked always find an excuses to justify the evil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by seguno2: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
arkonpoint:
This is serious

Where is the seriousness about an old woman who is misbehaving?

Do you pray to die and be buried with any of or both your parents, meaning that each person is only meaningful in one’s life to the extent that they add value to it, and not by taking away from it.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by seguno2: 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
Stevenbright:

Exactly.
Why should she get hypertension over people who have chosen to create problems for her
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
No human is perfect,even Jesus Christ said Love your neighbour as you love yourself
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by seguno2: 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Simply tell them that your weakness is that you are incapable of lies and secrecy. That if they have a secret, they should understand you can not help them keep therefore you are not interested in their games.

Be bold, and they will respect you for it.

A zillion likes for this wise post.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by toprealman: 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Why bring your family ish here. Who do you think will have time for this crap?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by CaptMarvel(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
The deed has been done. But next time be wise. You don't have to use your own hand stab your mother because she gave you knife.

Since your Aunt apologize and wanted to retreat, you should have let her be so your mom can come in. Anyway the deed is done, I hope and pray it will be settled soon. Apologize to your mom and your siblings cos they feel offended that you expose and disgrace their/your mother.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Mhizzard(m): 8:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
phorget:
So upon all the wahala Ebola has subjected us to nah who go come hold baby be una own problem.

Nah wa o.
what does 'holding of baby' mean?
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by fkelly(m): 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ur mother is a very wicked woman, since 9 months she never cared how u are doing after child birth.

Then when someone showed interest to come assist u she started forming nonsense.

My mother died when my father was 43 years, my dad is 65 now, yet he didn't remarry, he dedicated his life ensuring he gave us the best a parent can ever give.

Tell ur mum to face her new family, while u face urs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by lapintoz: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
This na serious family matter o.....some bonds don shatter irreversibly. I feel for you.

Your pursuit of projecting the truth and vindictiveness towards your mum has really damaged some of your family bonds beyond repairs. Try and salvage what you can and leave the rest to God. Nobody is perfect.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by seguno2: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:
Divorced. I agree that she should obey her husband. That’s why I did not fight her with her not visiting.

Is she not the husband snatcher, instead of your aunt who she is wrongfully accusing
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by SUCKCESSFUL: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
You are a very big disgrace for ratting your mom out, what you did to her is very despicable and I know she may never forgive you.
I guess you don't know the consequences of your actions yet, that screenshot have created a perpetual division between your mom and her sister, you're such a terrible human being.
Tufia!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by seguno2: 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
toprealman:
Why bring your family ish here. Who do you think will have time for this crap?

Why did you not just open the thread but you even posted a comment about the crap.

Can you see ya life of hypocrisy
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by ceejay80s(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Before I tell u anything.....where is ur father?
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by SUCKCESSFUL: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Understood. I have no allegiance to my mom and she didn’t even really raise me. My life is doing fine, I have job, husband and child. I would not have said anything until people started accusing my husband of being wicked and barring my aunt from visiting. My mother told people to warn my aunt from visiting because my husband doesn’t want her there. M

That’s why I released the screenshot.

You have a Job but you really don't have sense.
You're such an unfortunate child no parent should pray for, a very despicable human being.
Bold of you to come here and try to justify why you snitched on your own mom, even if you hate her, pray make your mama no curse you with indignation, useless thing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
Dear Op,

98% of women behave like little children without good reasoning or mature thinking.

1. Op, you're the chief character in this plot...You are not wise or mature...You're only mature to Bleep and have a child even though within wedlock.

2. You sold your real mother out to your relatives irrespective of what she said...You should be ashamed of yourself and start sobbing right now.

3. It's obvious that you hate your mom and prefers to align with your aunt and husband.

4. Your siblings look at you as the Judas of the family...You're are fuuucked and now ostracized by them.

5. Your husband is watching you carefully in 3D because he now knows that you're from a bad family without trust, real love and cooperation and he's going to fuuuck you up in no time.

6. Your marriage won't last, bet me because your mom is going to fuuuck your marriage up by going to herbalists to destroy it so that you'll have a taste of your medicine - betrayal.

7. When your marriage eventually get fuuucked up or shatter, your mom and siblings are going to be the first to rejoice over your downfall.

8. Your so called aunt, won't even get closer to you anymore, so that you won't fuuuck her up in the future too.

9. You're never going to have any peace of mind anymore because of your inability to apply good sense of judgement in the saga.

10. Dear Op, you're the architect of your own misfortune.

Click LIKE if you agree and SHARE if you disagree with my candid thought.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / Nigerian Man Living In South Africa Needs Help Reconnecting Back Home / Girl He Never Slept With Claims To Be Pregnant For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.