Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc (30180 Views)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Prettychild(f): 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:
Nairaland, please what should I do?

I gave birth 9 months ago and for some reason, my mom never expressed interest in visiting me and my child. She is a new wife now and I heard from some family members that when she wanted to come, her new husband said ‘your daughter has other people around, why are you worrying yourself’.

I did not take it personally at all. My mother has never been a dependable person. Me and my mom still talk everyday and my child is always on her status. This is her ONLY grandchild.

My mom’s elder sister’s (my aunty) youngest child is moving to my area. My aunty said that she’ll visit me during the move, and come and hold baby. She reached out to my mom and even told my mom that if they plan it, they can visit me together. My mom and my aunty are VERY close. I even consider my aunty my second mom in a way.

Suddenly, my mom starts calling me, saying she wants to plan her visit. I say okay. But with work and everything, my aunty will get here before her. She started telling me not to let my aunty into my house, saying that my aunty is a husband snatcher etc. she said my aunty will destroy my home. I tell her I don’t care about that. She started calling their mutual friends and telling them to tell me that my aunty is a husband snatcher. I did not fall for that.

Frustrated, she called my aunty and said that the truth is that my husband is uncomfortable. She said that MY husband is not from our town and that my husband’s people don’t like visitors. She said that I did not tell her about this out of respect.

My aunty called me and was apologizing, saying that she did not know. I responded and said that this is a lie. I even put my husband on the phone. Here’s my mistake - I sent her a screenshot showing my mom saying that she’s a husband snatcher and that’s why I should not let her into my home.

My aunty and I now agreed that we should let peace reign and that she won’t visit. She said she will still like to see me and we can meet somewhere. MATTER SUPPOSE TO END.

My mom decided to bring my aunty husband into this. She told my auntys husband that his wife is not respecting my husband’s wishes. My auntys husband now sent her my screenshot saying that he knows the real reason and that your child doesn’t even support you.

The screenshot has shattered my mom. She feels betrayed. My siblings who live with my mother are calling me a betrayer. I want to salvage the relationship between my siblings and I, not so much my mother. I have not spoken to any of them since the screenshot.

What do I do? How do I approach this.

lol! Abeg ignore them, they would come around later. It’s sad that your siblings don’t even know who their Mum really is until she showed them shege
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by ceejay80s(m): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
tuzle:
One thing I noticed from ur post is how easily u guys in ur family share proof of urself abusing each other. Why did u share the screenshot of ur mom calling ur aunt an husband snatcher with her?
Why did her mother make such statement....that's bad of her,
I no dey there but her mother lied
She's a bad mother
Her mother is married to another man, is the man she's married to not someone else's husband before
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Prettychild(f): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
FaceTanke:
You have let ur husband know too much about your family

He may hurt you with this information
It’s better her husband knows so that he won’t become a prey in future

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by hahn(m): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

I gave birth 9 months ago and for some reason, my mom never expressed interest in visiting me and my child. She is a new wife now and I heard from some family members that when she wanted to come, her new husband said ‘your daughter has other people around, why are you worrying yourself’.

I did not take it personally at all. My mother has never been a dependable person. Me and my mom still talk everyday and my child is always on her status. This is her ONLY grandchild.

My mom’s elder sister’s (my aunty) youngest child is moving to my area. My aunty said that she’ll visit me during the move, and come and hold baby. She reached out to my mom and even told my mom that if they plan it, they can visit me together. My mom and my aunty are VERY close. I even consider my aunty my second mom in a way.

Suddenly, my mom starts calling me, saying she wants to plan her visit. I say okay. But with work and everything, my aunty will get here before her. She started telling me not to let my aunty into my house, saying that my aunty is a husband snatcher etc. she said my aunty will destroy my home. I tell her I don’t care about that. She started calling their mutual friends and telling them to tell me that my aunty is a husband snatcher. I did not fall for that.

Frustrated, she called my aunty and said that the truth is that my husband is uncomfortable. She said that MY husband is not from our town and that my husband’s people don’t like visitors. She said that I did not tell her about this out of respect.

My aunty called me and was apologizing, saying that she did not know. I responded and said that this is a lie. I even put my husband on the phone. Here’s my mistake - I sent her a screenshot showing my mom saying that she’s a husband snatcher and that’s why I should not let her into my home.

My aunty and I now agreed that we should let peace reign and that she won’t visit. She said she will still like to see me and we can meet somewhere. MATTER SUPPOSE TO END.

My mom decided to bring my aunty husband into this. She told my auntys husband that his wife is not respecting my husband’s wishes. My auntys husband now sent her my screenshot saying that he knows the real reason and that your child doesn’t even support you.

The screenshot has shattered my mom. She feels betrayed. My siblings who live with my mother are calling me a betrayer. I want to salvage the relationship between my siblings and I, not so much my mother. I have not spoken to any of them since the screenshot.

Focus on your husband and baby.

Do your best to raise your child with the love you never received.

Let all adults handle their own problems abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by easzypeaszy(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Hahahahaha Kaiii pikin sense no gree leave u.
I won't lie to u.. Na ur mama character u get oo.
Anyways der is a way out.. Call her and ur siblings n beg dem explaining ur frustrations and how u made d mistk
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Karleb(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
You need to look your mum in the face and give her the middle finger.

She's the only problem you have in your life from this write up.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Danmisra(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
The lesson I learnt from this hot drama is that keep sensitive information and anything that doesn't concern your spouse from knowing it. Pls learn to keep a secret and correct it before it goes out , not every grown up person is matured and know how keep his mouth shut

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Pzpropertylimit(m): 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
None of them should visit u . Be silent in all this . In fact block all their lines
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by nkypat: 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

you are the okay.Why did your betray your mother

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by ceejay80s(m): 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Divorced. I agree that she should obey her husband. That’s why I did not fight her with her not visiting.
Just saw this now, ur mother is divorced..
Let me be honest with u, ur mother is the problem of that family,
She no wan go do omugwo for u, u now want ur aunt to come and immediately label ur aunt husband snatcher, ur aunt read the conversation doesn't mean anything to me, it good she saw it and will now know the kind of person she has as a sister, ur mom dey scatter house, lying against ur husband as well.....
Madam stay away from ur mom, she is evil.
If u like no hear my own, she will break up ur house and u too will divorce and marry another.
The problem is not even the omugwo anymore, it's about the lies, hate and deceit coming out of a woman who calls her self a mother

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by BRATISLAVA: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
lapintoz:
This na serious family matter o.....some bonds don shatter irreversibly. I feel for you.

Your pursuit of projecting the truth and vindictiveness towards your mum has really damaged some of your family bonds beyond repairs. Try and salvage what you can and leave the rest to God. Nobody is perfect.

The hate is clear to see.

People will give her a pat on the back and go back to their families.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by MuslimIgbo: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

You're not a good human being.
Common sense didn't tell you that sharing such screenshot will cause problem?
If I were your mother, I'll forever not talk to you again as a disgrace of a child that you are.
Also, YOU SAID THAT YOU GAVE BIRTH 9 MONTHS AGO, WHAT DO YOU STILL NEED A BABYSITTER FOR?
ARE YOU THAT LAZY AND UNORGANISED?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by BRATISLAVA: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
Danmisra:
The lesson I learnt from this hot drama is that keep sensitive information and anything that doesn't concern your spouse from knowing it. Pls learn to keep a secret and correct it before it goes out , not every grown up person is matured and know how keep his mouth shut

Exactly this.

But those things were revealed to damage her mother's reputation irreparably. For selfish reasons.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by theamazonguru(m): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
jojothaiv:
This Omugwo of a thing, is it mandatory?

I'm asking for a friend residing in Australia.

Nothing is compulsory.
Do what makes you happy.
If it's convenient for the parties involved, fine. Else, forget about it.

Omugwo is just to come and assist the new mother as a way of relieving her of stress just after the child birth.
It is not supposed to cause issues between family members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by OmugwoAunty: 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

You're not a good human being.
Common sense didn't tell you that sharing such screenshot will cause problem?
If I were your mother, I'll forever not talk to you again as a disgrace of a child that you are.
Also, YOU SAID THAT YOU GAVE BIRTH 9 MONTHS AGO, WHAT DO YOU STILL NEED A BABYSITTER FOR?
ARE YOU THAT LAZY AND UNORGANISED?

I do not need a babysitter. I’ve been doing this by myself for 9 months. My aunty was just passing by my town and was stopping by. I did not invite my aunty to visit.

I’m not interested in my mom like my post said. I’m more worried about my siblings.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by themanderon: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mothers like yours make me appreciate and love my mother even more God rest her soul. Your mum has many baggages. She no wan come and she no want another person to come now what do we call that? I see her type as the uncaring type who is selfish and looks after her own interests alone. How can she label her own sis a husband snatcher even if she truly is. The dysfunctionality started from her. Your family Is a strange bunch I must confess.
Just apologize to her and your siblings una Don too wash una dirty linen for full public glare.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Jidefido(m): 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Sincerely, you made a big error by sending the screenshot. I don't blame your siblings for calling you a betrayer. You shouldn't have sent the screenshot to your aunty. Now you have destroyed your mum's relationship with your aunt and also your relationship with your mum and siblings.
My advice for you is to go meet someone you know your mum respects a lot and use him or her to beg your mum. Also, find means to get your mum and aunty back, though that will be hard. God help you through
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by MaddKingg001(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
It’s evident the mother doesn’t want her sister to hold the baby first, so she is throwing all the tantrums so her wishes come to pass.

Poster didn’t indicate the place your mother is coming from, but if you are close to each other, I will advise you schedule a visit to her house. Then your aunty can come there too, that way it’s a family meeting and also a step for peace to reign.

If your are far from her, you can also call her and talk to her like a daughter to a mother. Don’t look at her from the gate perspective, talk to her and understand what the issue really is.

Wish you luck
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by engineerkola: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

A full childish family. Your mum is obviously young. She involves in petty gossips. You do not respect your mum. On no account should you screenshot and share your mother's chat with another person. It shows your respect and regard for your mum already crashed since.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by themanderon: 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
nkypat:
you are the okay.Why did your betray your mother

That mama na one kind mama sef. At her age she is still playing all these silly games. Her mother betrayed her sister first by calling her a husband snatcher. She then went ahead to lie to her sisters husband. I mean what kind of mother does that and what are her intentions? She is not a good woman and if the Op wants to have a happy marriage she she keep the mother at arms length. Some people can be Petty sha.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by OmugwoAunty: 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
Jidefido:

Sincerely, you made a big error by sending the screenshot. I don't blame your siblings for calling you a betrayer. You shouldn't have sent the screenshot to your aunty. Now you have destroyed your mum's relationship with your aunt and also your relationship with your mum and siblings.
My advice for you is to go meet someone you know your mum respects a lot and use him or her to beg your mum. Also, find means to get your mum and aunty back, though that will be hard. God help you through

The relationship was already destroyed before the screenshot. They had already blocked each other because my mom had already accused her directly of coming to snatch my husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by MuslimIgbo: 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

I do not need a babysitter. I’ve been doing this by myself for 9 months. My aunty was just passing by my town and was stopping by. I did not invite my aunty to visit.

I’m not interested in my mom like my post said. I’m more worried about my siblings.
You just know how much of damage you've done to yourself with this grave act of betrayal.
People would be very scared of sharing secrets or sensitive information with you, EVEN YOUR HUSBAND!
I HATE IT WITH PASSION WHEN SOMEONE SCREENSHOTS MY CONVERSATION WITH THEM AND SEND IT TO OTHERS.
What do you people, especially females gain from such stupidity?
You make it look like you're trying to let the person you're sharing the nonsense with see from both sides of the story and to make them trust and believe you, and so that they take sides with you, BUT ALL IS STILL HYPOCRISY.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by egunna(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

I dont want to believe that u actually did dat.how old are you again?
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Ginaz(f): 10:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
your mother is a terrible person. for she to be so bold to say lies with a straight face shows the kind of person she is and I won't be surpised if she was the cause of the divorce between her and your father.

Don't feel guilty for exposing her, she brought the disgrace on herself. how can she go about lying against everyone without a conscience? she's now acting like the victim and playing mind games with your siblings.

she's very terrible. keep her away from you pls an becareful of sharing information about your family with her. she seems toxic and troublesome. Don't feel guilty , Ah! your mother own dey her body! which kind mama be that?

forget everyone and face your life. If your siblings ain't feeding you, then to hell with them. how can you mom just lie against your husband like that? so disrespectful!

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Microwhy: 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Story for the gods..
Let assume the story is true, you're truly a bustard. You're great grand father of asshole people.
Your story irritates.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by kaydee(m): 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
You have a lot of dumb and selfish people in your family but your aunt's husband is right on top of the chain. He's so dumb. Now that was really dumb exposing your mum like that but your aunt's husband being a man should know better than to forward your screenshots to your mum.

Your mum is right bout your aunt, cut her off and don't let her visit you, she'd ruin your home. Listen to your mum, she might not be there for you but she's so right bout your aunt. Don't let your aunt and her husband near your home
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by dinachi(m): 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Very Simple. Be Bold. Is your auntie not your Mum's sister? How can your Mum tell such terrible lies against her own Sister? Turn it on her. She should feel bad not you felling bad for exposing the terrible lies against her own sister.

Apologize to her because it was meant to be a private information but then make it abundantly clear that your couldn't hide it from your auntie because she is also your blood. Madam be bold.

What audacity! How dare your Mum accuse her own sister(Your Auntie).
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by BarrElChapo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Leave them all alone, you don’t owe anyone any explanation for your actions, you’re a new mom who needs all the help she can get now, focus on your family I.e. husband and child.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by HopeSpencer: 10:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nebes:
My interest is in your aunty. Did she ever snatch anybody's husband?

Op's mom and the aunty must have visited a herbalist before who did a charm for them that any man that sets eyes on them must want to date them.

Only a thief can identify the footprints of another thief on the rock surfaces.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by cooooooks(m): 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
There is nothijg to salvage.

Why did she lie??
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by tuzle(m): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
ceejay80s:

Why did her mother make such statement....that's bad of her,
I no dey there but her mother lied
She's a bad mother
Her mother is married to another man, is the man she's married to not someone else's husband before
the statement is bad yes, but u shouldn't be sending such kind of message, instead u should find another way. She could have approached the aunty and asked her if her and the mother have any issue with each other.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by ogele: 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Let ur swear before an Oracle if no be wetin she talk. Igbo people say person wey they cutlass cut people head, no dey want person carry cutlass stand near am. Your mum is the husband snatcher in these. Your aunt has a heart of Gold and stick to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl He Never Slept With Claims To Be Pregnant For Him / Woman's Online Boyfriend Turns-Out To Be Ex-husband / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.