Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems (1131 Views)

Guy Cries Out After Lady Tricked Him Into Giving Her "Head" While On Her Period! / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? / See 10 Serious Problems Girls With Big B00bs Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by Fangasia: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2011
My friend has been dating this guy for 3yrs now and has been coping with his spoken english which isnt smooth and most times incorect, she is not excatly posh but she can be viewed as one.now,it has goten so bad that she has to speak for him in public cos he wil surely "tabon", she claims to love him but his spoken english wan do "ojoro" for d love.
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by Dabss(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by pendo89(f): 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
That is a stain which will erode the love if her attitude doesn't change.
But tell me this for 3 yrs she has tolerated the guy, so what changed? When he first started talking to her did she not notice the broken english or was she 'blindly in love?'
3 yrs is no joke but here's is another question.How old is the dude? A grown up I guess.That means he has been communicating to people in various places even before he met the girl. People dont succeed in life because they speak good english. He must  be good in other areas so she needs to focus on that more.
A guy that is good in all aspects and lacking in refined foreign language is worth keeping. classes/reading can help

Dont make a mistake of asking the dude to take english classes straight to his face. That's disturbing. Use wise ways to encourage him and stop all that caging in public. its a shame.
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by bekay911(f): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2011
Sumtyms i wonda wat dose ppl were doin wen odas were polishing dere english vocubulary
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by r231(m): 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
undecided
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by MMM2(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
can i polish ur pun winkwink with my pen angryangry
bekay911:

Sumtyms i wonda wat dose ppl were doin wen odas were polishing dere english vocubulary
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by slimyem: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
what has she been doing with him for the past three years if she knew his communication skills would be an issue for her later in life?smh for her.the guy's a grown man and it might be difficult for him to change him.she should either deal with it or walk away.
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by MMM2(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
op is not dat bad embarassed english is a borrowed language undecided
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by Russialane(m): 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
undecided
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by freecocoa(f): 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
Op are you looking for an english tutor for him in here?cos I no understand which one you come dey tell us.
Since when is english speaking ability a prerequisite for love?
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by claremont(m): 11:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
Where are the people who said that "love" knows no language barrier?! None-sense!!!
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
After 3yrs u suddenly realise his English is bad? Abeg commit dia! 3 whole years!!! Time waster! tongue
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by coogar: 12:36am On Oct 27, 2011
NaJa HaJe:

After 3yrs u suddenly realise his English is bad? Abeg commit dia! 3 whole years!!! Time waster! tongue

she had hoped his spoken english would improve within 3 years but she miscalculated. cheesy
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by slimyem: 1:17am On Oct 27, 2011
coogar:

she had hoped his spoken english would improve within 3 years but she miscalculated. cheesy
is she your sister?u sound like you know her,
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by iice(f): 3:46am On Oct 27, 2011
What did she do to help him?
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by arsenefc: 5:08am On Oct 27, 2011
bekay911:

This is not exactly what polished English looks like.

Remove the speck in your eyes so you can see clearly!
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by itiswell1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
Abeg forget English Jo. Na your papa language?
Re: His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems by coogar: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
slimyem:

is she your sister?u sound like you know her,

i don't know her neither is she my sister but i understand exactly how these stories play out.

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma: What Do I Do? / Shei You Go Watch Your Bf/gf Dey Shyte? / Pls Reply If You Are 45yrs Plus. I Need Advice. I'm Confused About Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.