Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja (7301 Views)

Lawyer Begs Saraki To Enter Dock At The Tribunal / Tribunal In Ogun Nullifies Segun Adekoya, PDP Reps Member’s Election / Saraki In The Dock At Code Of Conduct Tribunal — LIVE UPDATES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Sunofgod(m): 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2011
Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock . . . . Try Me In Lagos State, He Insists!

ABUJA -The embattled former Governor of Lagos state and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Wednesday, declined to either mount the dock or enter his plea to the 3-count criminal charge that was preferred against him before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, sitting in Abuja.

The ex-governor who was charged to court by the federal government on allegation that he violated section 7 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, Cap C15 LFN, 2004, as amended, by operating 10 foreign accounts whilst he was in office between 1999 and 2007, Wednesday, insisted that “the CCT sitting in Abuja does not have the territorial jurisdiction”, to try him over the alleged offence.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/tinubu-refuses-to-enter-dock/
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by KayB: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
They r making dis guy smarter everyday afterall others were treated same
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Sunofgod(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
I'm not a lawyer - but doesn't this amount to contempt of court?

Can he not be locked up for that alone?

He's entered the dock already - so why now is he acting up?
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Beaf: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
Sun of god:

IMHO, it does. But something seems to have scared the pants off him.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Rhino5dm: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2011
That was previous picture,

All hail Emperor Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The rascal in chief! He even wanted to show some element of thuggery in the court. shocked shocked

Sun of god:

Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2011
This is an indication that Tinubu is starting to understand the sh1t he has found himself. He is obviously scared and that areaboy confidence is breaking down gradually.
Whether he likes it or not, his wings will be clipped.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by djustice: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
He's thumbing his nose at Lagosians, and at the law. One day, Lagosians will stone this bagga in the streets. His armies of area boys will not be able to save him. The last LG election robbery was so blatant and painful to a lot of Lagosians, both PDP and ACN who wanted to show him that imposition leads to failure. The depth of feeling against him is getting stronger and running deeper and wider. Mark my words. One day, Lagosians will drag him out and stone him and his allies. That day is drawing closer with his every act of impunity. Imagine the effrontery! An accused criminal refusing to enter the dock to take a plea!!! What on earth is going on in this Nigeria Even Ibori entered the dock in his Asaba arrangee court! Who da feck is he What is wrong with the President that he can't cage this cocaine addled slowpoke
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by PointB: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ Topic,

He is employing the well rehearsed act of delay tactics. They same tactics that kept Mustapha in jail for years. Let's see how smart he is.
Subscribing . . .
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
After what happened to Gaddafi, high power Corrupt leaders in Nigeria are starting to be very concerned. They are looking in the mirror more than before. I will not be surprised if Lagosians one day stone and set Tinubu on fire.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by PointB: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
Depilot:

After what happened to Gaddafi, high power Corrupt leaders in Nigeria are starting to be very concerned. They are looking in the mirror more than before. I will not be surprised if Lagosians one day stone and set Tinubu on fire.

Not gonna happen; Tinubu is too popular and too wealthy for that kind of justice. In the worse case, he will get the Bode Gorge treatment,
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by hercules07: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
We need a lawyer to tell us the true stance of the law, if he is meant to be tried in Lagos, then let them try him in Lagos.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
PointB: Are you telling me that Gaddafi wasn't popular or wealthy?
Come on, brother. Let's use our common sense and pray to God to continue to be on our side.

Nobody is special, anything can happen. All it takes is for Nigerians to wake up and be bold enough to get back what belongs to us.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by PointB: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2011
Depilot:

PointB: Are you telling me that Gaddafi wasn't popular?
Come on, brother. Let's use our common sense and pray to God to continue to be on our side.

Nobody is special, anything can happen. All it takes is for Nigerians to wake up and be bold enough to get back what belongs to us.

Gaddafi and Tinubu are not on the same pedestal. Gaddafi was in power and control, Tinubu was an Ex-governor, and puppeteer.

Much as I detest Tinubu, I very much doubt he would meet the same fate as Gaddafi. Besides we have a history of assassinating leaders, not lynching them.

By the way, I take exception to being asked to use 'my common sense.' I hope you grab?
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
Not gonna happen; Tinubu is too popular and too wealthy for that kind of justice. In the worse case, he will get the Bode Gorge treatment
Sorry for asking you to use your common sense, that's not cool at all.
Your statement in bold was the reason why I had to respond in such a way.

Wealthy and popularity don't mean nothing when you're dealing with people who are tired, and determined to fight for their freedom @ all cost.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
If Boko Haram could bring down UN building>
If Fed govt could tone down the Naija 51st anniversary celebration because of possibility of an attack>
If Obasanjo could be going to beg Boko Haram>

Oga PointB, it means things are changing, therefore anything can happen. I'm sure that corrupt leaders are well aware of this fact and taking note on a regular.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by marvix(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
This to me is the problem of "Rule of Law". He is accused of having foreign accounts and his lawyer was asking if he has only been accused he should not be put in the dock what does that have to do with the issue, then the Tribunal chief ruled in his favour and he was allowed to sit with his friiends, then the next question his lawyers are asking is if the court can try him and jurisdiction and bla bla bla, and I ask myself cant we just go straight to the issue, as gov of Lagos state did u operate foreign accounts.

The law is an ass I must confess, even an armed robber can manipulate the process.

Critically assessing this democracy of ours you would see that lawyers have benefitted most from this era, and govt wastes a lot of money trying to recover money stolen, pray tell me where do these ex govs actually get money to hire these SANs and keep them postponing court cases and keep running it.

What is the punishment that awaits this man if found guilty? I can bet that it may not be worth all the trouble!
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by PointB: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
Depilot:

Sorry for asking you to use your common sense, that's not cool at all.
Your statement in bold was the reason why I had to respond in such a way.

Wealthy and popularity don't mean nothing when you're dealing with people who are tired, and determined to fight for their freedom @ all cost.

No offense taken. And Tinubu deserves the Gadaffi treatment, but it wont just happen. He might flee to exile, and claim persecution and all that, until a friendly government comes to power. Thats how people like them roll.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Beaf: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
djustice:

He's thumbing his nose at Lagosians, and at the law. One day, Lagosians will stone this bagga in the streets. His armies of area boys will not be able to save him. The last LG election robbery was so blatant and painful to a lot of Lagosians, both PDP and ACN who wanted to show him that imposition leads to failure. The depth of feeling against him is getting stronger and running deeper and wider. Mark my words. One day, Lagosians will drag him out and stone him and his allies. That day is drawing closer with his every act of impunity. Imagine the effrontery! An accused criminal refusing to enter the dock to take a plea!!! What on earth is going on in this Nigeria Even Ibori entered the dock in his Asaba arrangee court! Who da feck is he What is wrong with the President that he can't cage this cocaine addled slowpoke

I feel you, bro. There is much too much slacking from Abuja with politics in Lagos, the party needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck and rebuilt with credible people that possess the energy to marshall success and freeze Tinubu in hell.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
djustice:

He's thumbing his nose at Lagosians, and at the law. One day, Lagosians will stone this bagga in the streets. His armies of area boys will not be able to save him. The last LG election robbery was so blatant and painful to a lot of Lagosians, both PDP and ACN who wanted to show him that imposition leads to failure. The depth of feeling against him is getting stronger and running deeper and wider. Mark my words. One day, Lagosians will drag him out and stone him and his allies. That day is drawing closer with his every act of impunity. Imagine the effrontery! An accused criminal refusing to enter the dock to take a plea!!! What on earth is going on in this Nigeria [size=18pt]Even Ibori entered the dock in his Asaba arrangee court[/size]! Who da feck is he What is wrong with the President that he can't cage this cocaine addled slowpoke

So if Ibori was tried in Asaba, Why is it that Tinubu has to be tried in Abuja and not Lagos?
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Sunofgod(m): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2011
, they should just try him in 'absentia' - find him guilty, and levy the sentence that should include at least:

- Imprisonment
- Fine
- Confiscation of all assets
- Ban from politics
- And amputation of the hand he uses to sign cheques.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by EkoIle1: 10:54pm On Oct 26, 2011
Another good move by Asiwaju and his lawyers. These government layers are obviously Alaba lawyers, they are not only crooked, they know nothing about the law and basic rights of every Nigeria.

It's really funny the way they are getting clowned and lectured by Asiwaju and his lawyers.

Asiwaju - 2

Fake and incompetent tribunal - 0

Long live Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by fyneguy: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
I suppose the law stipulates that an accused is tried where the offence was committed. I am not sure. However, I recall that Gbenga Daniel and Alao Akala are being tried in the states where they allegedly committed the offences.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Sunofgod(m): 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
fyneguy:

I suppose the law stipulates that an accused is tried where the offence was committed. I am not sure. However, I recall that Gbenga Daniel and Alao Akala are being tried in the states where they allegedly committed the offences.
. . . . They can even send him to the hague to face the 'ICC'.

Afterall, his crimes 'span' borders and continents.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
It takes one of these courageous moves to take place in Nigeria, and our country once again will become a promised land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luHqPVRleOk&feature=related&skipcontrinter=1

In a very short period, I predict that Ashiwaju and other criminals will experience this type of treatment from the hands of Nigerians they've cheated for too many years.
Say AMEN.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Another good move by Asiwaju and his lawyers. These government layers are obviously Alaba lawyers, they are not only crooked, they know nothing about the law and basic rights of every Nigeria.

It's really funny the way they are getting clowned and lectured by Asiwaju and his lawyers.

Asiwaju - 2

Couldn't have said it better. Thumbs Up,
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by PointB: 12:14am On Oct 27, 2011
He still has to return all the monies he stole from lagos coffers.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by EkoIle1: 12:27am On Oct 27, 2011
Sun of god:

. . . . They can even send him to the hague to face the 'ICC'.

Afterall, his crimes 'span' borders and continents.

You mean Asiwaju commited crimes too? olodo.

LMAO. That made my day.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Depilot(m): 1:23am On Oct 27, 2011
I think it isn't fair that our focus is too much on Ashiwaju. He isn't the only lowlife that has taken Nigeria for a ride. I suggest that we should all pay more attention to other criminals in this country.
I pray to God for all of them not to taste a peace of mind in their hopeless lives.

Back to Tinubu.
I still believe that the only thing Tinubu has going for him is the visible and excellent work of Fashola< but at the end of the day greed and uncivilization will be parts of what will contribute to Tinubu's down fall.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by marvix(m): 2:55am On Oct 27, 2011
I believe that when the code of conduct tribunal is involved u can be tried at Abuja or Lagos. The case of Daniels and co is one been tried by EFCC and its not a CCT case. Even at that Daniels and co are expected to answer to some charges in Abuja high court.
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by KayB: 3:09am On Oct 27, 2011
Liberty & freedom seem far from us if young NIGERIANS could be dis gullible. Is Tinubu among d 10 or 20 most corrupt rulers in Nigeria living. TAKE UP ON D MOST RATED, THEN OUR FUTURE IS OK. DARE D BIG FISH SMALL ONES FRICKLE
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by oddy4real(m): 3:35am On Oct 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Asiwaju - 2

Sychopants
Re: Tinubu Refuses To Enter Dock At CCT Tribunal In Abuja by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 27, 2011
I dont blame him.

By the time we know it, they'd be transferring his body back to Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Navy Destroys 40 Illegal Refineries, Arrests Operators In Delta / Tony Nwulu Felicitates With Muslims Over Eid-l-kabir / Kano Guber: Gov Yusuf Heads To Supreme Court Over Appeal Court Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.