Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation (8106 Views)

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / My Donation And Contribution To Buhari Campaign (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
An article publish by Reno Omokri, where he accuses the North of being a parasite on the country prompted my opening this thread. Simply State your state and it's contribution to the nation. This contribution maybe in form of human resources, social resources and mineral resources. This will also enable us to know maybe some of this state are viable and independent. Success
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by maga1: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2011
BOKO HARAM which in turn reduces unemployment, improve security conciousness & reduction population. Employment because we have to employ pple to man our security.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Beaf: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2011
My state contributes a great chunk of the banking industry and the nations press.
The people are industrious and entrepreneural, 5 out of the ten richest Nigerian's hail from there.

We are hosts to Nigeria's first and largest ocean fishing industries and see food farms.

My state also produces the vast proportion of the nations gas, hosts two important power stations, a refinery and produces 33% of the nations crude oil.

My state is, Delta State, the big heart.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Love that Beaf
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Akanbiedu(m): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2011
Post the article
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2011
My State is the second largest contributor to the federal revenue.

The second largest producer of oil and gas

My state is Rivers State. Treasure base of this god forsaken Nation!!

I wonder what Ekiti has to offer!! undecided
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

My State is the second largest contributor to the federal revenue.

The second largest producer of oil and gas

My state is Rivers State. Treasure base of this god forsaken Nation!!

I wonder what Ekiti has to offer!! undecided
Please, no abuse, drop your contribution and move on
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by grafikii: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
how did this make front page
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by mikron(m): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2011
my beloved state produces a large chunk of the nations wealth. We produce the black gold a.k.a crude oil, & gas, e.t.c. Oil was 1st found in a village (oloibiri) in my state. We're predominantly fishermen & farmers. WE ARE THE PRIDE OF THE NATION. I AM 4rm BAYELSA.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Andrew3(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
WE ARE THE FOOD BASKET OF THE NATION. cool cool cool cool
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by llbhuds: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
My state is the first capital of naija during colonia admin. Home to lots of historical events in naija like the first primary sch in nothern nigeria, the burial sites where missionaries were laid down for their final rest, the city where the flag of the royal niger was first lowered, the ammunition used in the second world war is in a city in my state. E.t.c
My state produced the first african with a cure for HIV, produced lots of ministers most especially in the judicial aspect of the country, home to the larget cement facory in africa, home to the largest steel company in africa, home to one of the larget iron ore factory in africa, all the records of the whole military men in niigeria is kept in my state e t c
ABOVE ALL, HOME TO WHERE THE MOST POPULAR RIVERS IN NIGERIA RIVER NIGER AND BENUE MET.
KOGI , THE CONFLUENCE STATE
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
what a non-tribalistic thread, you fit use am sew suit,
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ekiti State prides itself as being the leech of Nigeria.

They contribute absolutely nothing to the federal coffers.

Their total IGR in a year can be counted within 30minutes by two people counting manually and transported to the bank on an Okada or Keke Napep.

They also have the largest known natural forest reserve in the country as only 2 % of its land mass is inhabited.

angry

@OP

Dont tell me what to do!! You are not the boss of me! angry
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
Am not your boss just as you rightly said, this thread is not open for tribal bashing
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by drgica74: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Crude Oil
Palm Oil
Palm Canel
Cassava and its products
Human Resources

EASTERN HEART LAND: IMO
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by manchy7531: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2011
Despite the non siting of federal parastals in my region,

i am proud to tell you that my state has one of the biggest tourism industries in this country,

also contribute to Nigeria oil revenues with several oil well drilled,still being drilled  and also undrilled

also has produce some of our most admired superstar

Genevie nnaji,, (africa's most influential female celeb)
Rita Dominic,
Kanu Nnwakwo,
Stephani Okereke, the list is endless,who have helped in shaping the image of our dear nation

Also home to Nigeria's largest lake  (oguta lake)

Also the most educated state in Nigeria

also has Nigeria's most advance and dangerous military battalion(34 field artillery brigade Owerri)

Also has produce alot of industrious individual that are contributing their own quota to the national cake

also house the largest palm oil industry in the country

also house one of the most successful footballs club in Nigeria(Heartland of Owerri)

AND THAT STATE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE EASTERN HEARTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE LAND OF HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMO STATE!!!!!!
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
Human resources, oil and gas, entertainment and educated workforce, SME industrial base, foreign exchange from trading, funds repatration-Abia
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2011
Human resources, oil and gas, entertainment and educated workforce foreign exchang from trading, repatration of funds from abroad-Imo
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2011
manchy7531:

Despite the non siting of federal parastals in my region,

i am proud to tell you that my state has one of the biggest tourism industries in this country,

also contribute to Nigeria oil revenues with several oil well drilled,still being drilled  and also undrilled

also has produce some of our most admired superstar

Genevie nnaji,, (africa's most influential female celeb)
Rita Dominic,
Kanu Nnwakwo,
Stephani Okereke, the list is endless,who have helped in shaping the image of our dear nation

Also home to Nigeria's largest lake  (oguta lake)

Also the most educated state in Nigeria

also has Nigeria's most advance and dangerous military battalion(34 field artillery brigade Owerri)

Also has one of the most industrious people in the world.

also house the largest palm oil industry in the country

also house one of the most successful football club in Nigeria(Heartland of owerri)

AND THAT STATE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE EASTERN HEARTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE LAND OF HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMO STATE!!!!!!

In other words, Your state has nothing offer us other than a few onshore wells with a combined maximum capacity of 200liters of oil a day!!  sad

Well. . . On to the next.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
Human resources, gas, entertainment and educated workforce, foreign exchange from trading, SME industrial base, money from abroad-Anambra
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
Human resources, agriculture, entertainment and educated workforce, foreign exchange from trading, industrial base, money from abroad-Enugu
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
Human resources, entertainment and educated workforce, foreign exchange from trading, agriculture-Ebonyi
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by yemiyemi: 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
My State is the financial and economic hub of the country. And despite the relocation of the Federal Capital to Abuja,  continues to exhibit immense economic attributes. We attract human population of about 18.4 million occupying a land area of about 3577 square kilometers, thereby, making Lagos State the most densely populated and smallest in land size.

Available records show that Lagos State contributes about 12% of Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) which is comparable, only, to the addition of Rivers and Delta States which are Oil-Producing States; and we are the leading contributor in the Non-Oil Sector with average contribution of 19% which is equal to the contribution of 13 States put together. Moreover, Lagos State hosts over 60% of the manufacturing/industrial sector, which, if properly harnessed will be a major driving component of the National Vision at meeting Millenium Goals targets.

The only State in Nigeria that can survive without statutory allocation from the federal govt, cos its IGR is over 70% of its Ordinary Total Revenue(TOR)
   No wonder, Lagos State has become a model that other States and even some neighbouring West African Countries emulate at achieving excellence.

Though more stil needs to be done in other areas but the State has been able to lay a formidable path to excellence.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by manchy7531: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2011
In other words, Your state has nothing offer us other than a few onshore wells with a combined maximum capacity of 200liters of oil a day!!  Sad

Well. . . On to the next.
\

you are just an arse.

Grow up bro, when people are making reasonable statements,you should shut up or rather go and drink crude oil

cos am not here to derail this trend, OK?
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Yemi

Very true!! Your State is too gbaski! Better than Ekiti.

I hope lagos State would be interested in Buying Ekiti when they go bankrupt! Their land is good for Animal husbandary and although their indigenes are lazy, they can speak plenty english as well so they can make good secretaries for all those companies and industries in Lagos.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by hercules07: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2011
I claim both Lagos and Oyo but let me do that of Oyo.

We contributed Akala
We contributed Adedibu (Amala Politician)
Cocoa
Home to UI
Regional Capital
Tobacco
and others
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by daywatcher: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2011
I am from Lagos, need I say more?
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by hercules07: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
@Okija

Which one is your own with Ekiti, abeg leave my inlaws alone jare, if they had better governors they would have been developed with all the professors they have.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
yemiyemi:

My State is the financial and economic hub of the country. And despite the relocation of the Federal Capital to Abuja,  continues to exhibit immense economic attributes. We attract human population of about 18.4 million occupying a land area of about 3577 square kilometers, thereby, making Lagos State the most densely populated and smallest in land size.

Available records show that Lagos State contributes about 12% of Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) which is comparable, only, to the addition of Rivers and Delta States which are Oil-Producing States; and we are the leading contributor in the Non-Oil Sector with average contribution of 19% which is equal to the contribution of 13 States put together. Moreover, Lagos State hosts over 60% of the manufacturing/industrial sector, which, if properly harnessed will be a major driving component of the National Vision at meeting Millenium Goals targets.

The only State in Nigeria that can survive without statutory allocation from the federal govt, cos its IGR is over 70% of its Ordinary Total Revenue(TOR)    No wonder, Lagos State has become a model that other States and even some neighbouring West African Countries emulate at achieving excellence.

Though more stil needs to be done in other areas but the State has been able to lay a formidable path to excellence.

Not quite. All oil money should go to the producing states and they all will survive just fine
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Welcome to my state, the gateway between the north and the south, A state that is rich in both human and Agricultural resources, A state that produce 14% of the total food crop to the country, a state that has produce far more jurist than any state in the country, a state that is truly a reflection of peaceful co-existence among diverse populace, a state with a truly natural stone craft. Welcome to my state Kwara State - State of harmony.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
Francis-1:

Human resources, oil and gas, entertainment and educated workforce foreign exchang from trading, repatration of funds from abroad-Imo

Read this list!!

Human resources!! What human resources?! The one that other States dont have or what?!

Entertainment?! I think you should leave that one to Lagos.

Educated workforce?! I laugh in Ohafia!!

Foreign exchange from trading!! Trading what? Last time I checked, Ariaria market was in Abia and Onitsha market was in Anambra so what exactly does Imo trade?

Repatriation of funds from Abroad. . . . . Now you are just being ridiculous.

Apart from Oil and gas which last time I checked was so small that the derivation Imo state makes from it isnt even enough to tarr one village road.

Now lets call on your states chief comedian (Osuagwu) to make jokes with the Heartland F.C one, Oguta lake resort one, most educated in Nigeria one and largest palm producer part.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by iykak47: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
My  state is an oil producing state, not  a ''liability'' to the country  Nigeria, I wont mention names. IMO is my state cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakowas death - Buhari Postpones Birthday Lecture / Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South / We Are Patiently Waiting For Ayade's Sack soon - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.