Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation (8111 Views)

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / My Donation And Contribution To Buhari Campaign (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by dabrake(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
AKWA IBOM STATE
economy: 2nd/1st highest oil producing state. Infrastructure : fastest growin state in 9ja. Security : most peaceful state in d south of d niger. Comedy : our language is a natural comedy that wil cause u laffta that wil make u live long. Christianity: abak lga has d highest no of churches in d world. Noise pollution reduction: we help reduce frequent dog barkings by eating them, thereby leavin much meat 4 d rest of 9ja pple. Division of labour: by sendin our pple 4 housemanship, we help ease burden on d part of parents. International acclaimation: wikileaks listed ma state as a state 2 watch out for in terms of performance. Craftmanship: we r a raffia headquaters. Our guys also make quality coffins and so on. I could go on and on
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by lagcity(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2011
dabrake:

AKWA IBOM STATE
economy: 2nd/1st highest oil producing state. Infrastructure : fastest growin state in 9ja. Security : most peaceful state in d south of d niger. Comedy : our language is a natural comedy that wil cause u laffta that wil make u live long. Christianity: abak lga has d highest no of churches in d world. Noise pollution reduction: we help reduce frequent dog barkings by eating them, thereby leavin much meat 4 d rest of 9ja pple. Division of labour: by sendin our pple 4 housemanship, we help ease burden on d part of parents. International acclaimation: wikileaks listed ma state as a state 2 watch out for in terms of performance. Craftmanship: we r a raffia headquaters. Our guys also make quality coffins and so on. I could go on and on
Bros i dey fear your state ooo.  cheesy cheesy cheesy we said contribute, not scare us away.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by omobadan(m): 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
My state is known for setting the pace in Nigeria.
1. The first university in Nigeria - University of Ibadan
2. University College Hospital; the first teaching hospital in Nigeria
3. The internationally acclaimed International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (lITA).
4. Cocoa House, the first skyscraper built in Africa
5. The first television station in Africa
6. Liberty Stadium the first stadium built in Africa.

We’re the cigarette capital of Nigeria. Contributing close to N80bn to the Nigerian economy since 2003. We have the largest city in West Africa as our capital, Ibadan. Notable peoples from my state are:

1. Sade Adu - Singer
2. Harry Akande - Businessman
3. Kase Lawal - Businessman
4. Richard Akinjide - Lawyer/SAN
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by seedord247(m): 2:06am On Oct 29, 2011
omobadan:

3. The internationally acclaimed International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (lITA).

We’re the cigarette capital of Nigeria. Contributing close to N80bn to the Nigerian economy since 2003. We have the largest city in West Africa as our capital, Ibadan. Notable peoples from my state are:

1. Sade Adu - Singer
2. Harry Akande - Businessman

Wa Gbayi . . . let me add More to it

The state where democracy starts in Nigeria

The state were FuJi music is Originated and also were almost 90% Fuji Musicians came from.

The largest commercial centers in West Africa

Though we produce the Highest Agbero . . But i love my state.

The OYO Kingdom.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Jarus(m): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2011
My state, like my kinsman Op has said earlier, offers a model on how 'northerners' and 'southerners'(the 2 rival regional classifications in the country as a whole) can live together as a whole. The Yorubas co-exist harmoniously with the Fulanis and Nupe. Nigeria can learn from this model and solve it's'inter-tribal/region crises.

My state has offered to Nigeria incorruptible men of integrity like Tunde Idi-Agbon, who in just 20 months was turning Nigeria into China. If subsequent regimes followed the footsteps of Buhari/Idi-Agbon, Nigeria would today be the China of Africa. We have gave Nigeria Justice Alfa Belgore, the man that within 6 months reformed Nigerian judiciary before Katsina-Ala started messing it up again. Our men are reformers.

We offer Nigeria a model of how meagre resources can be used to achieve reasonable development.

Welcome to Kwara - the state of harmony.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 29, 2011
omobadan:

1. [b]Sade Adu - Singer[/b]2. Harry Akande - Businessman

Sade Adu's father was from Ikere-Ekiti. Although she was born in Ibadan when her father was a lecturer at the U.I
So, she's a gift from Ekiti.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by gratiaeo(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2011
People are here mentioning only Ekiti State though i know they were very poor but the last time i checked their conducting their self very well i think their are one of crisis free state in Nigeria. What about other poorer States from north like Jigawa, Kwara, Adamawa, Nasarawa and many others
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2011
gratiaeo:

People are here mentioning only Ekiti State though i know they were very poor but the last time i checked their conducting their self very well i think their are one of crisis free state in Nigeria. What about other poorer States from north like Jigawa, Kwara, Adamawa, Nasarawa and many others
tell us your state contibution and stop demeaning other states
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by oduasolja: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2011
my home state.

largest cement producer in the country.

major agricultural producer. oil palm, kolanuts  , cassava , cashews,fish , poultry

major producer of skilled manpower .

major influential figures in nigerian history-kutis , abiola, obasanjo, wole soyinka .

largest or second largest bitumen deposits

large industrial  base.

My state is ogun state.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by sweet9ja: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
In post like this, I miss the "core" north.

Yoohoooooo! Is there anyone out there?

Where una dey,eh? we like to hear from you.

Haba, the silence is deafening.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Briz(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
What's happening to People in the North

Heeeellloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can sombodi hear me thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

Can som1 tell me where our northerners are to tell us their contributions!!!

My State is a very Solid State. We hv produced people that would open the eyes of Nigerians to be intellectually sound to man the affairs of the country. The problem is we continue to dish out the Knowledge in a slow pace. But we are taking shape. We are the Center for Nigerian Research and Develoment.

All Intellectual property in Nigeria has itz root from Ekiti State. We are about to go gaga.

And u, Okija_juju and woteva ur name is, in dis world of Technology, don't forget that ur Juju from Okija shrine wud not help u build up a fone, ipad, carz, et al. Itz all called knowledge. Go bak to ur herbalist in d shrine and ask him wot knowledge is all about!!! Am sure he'll gladly tell and u'll come back to apologise to Ekitites.

AM FROM EKITI
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2011
Briz:

All Intellectual property in Nigeria has itz root from Ekiti State. We are about to go gaga.

This is a public forum and you never know who may be reading this. Do you mind explaining the bolded?
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Briz(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2011
@Okija_juju, we've also got Tourism centers, courtesy of our God given rocks, hills, springs, waterfalls et al,

@Okija_juju, Wat has Delta State Brought to Nigeria when the proceeds from ur state has made people dt refuse to come to Ekiti State to gain more knowledge spend the Wealth of the masses anyhow.

If only ur oil theives sought knowledge from Ekiti State professors and other indigenes from relevant sectors, Nigeria would have been a better place.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Ekiti1: 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2011
Briz:

@Okija_juju, we've also got Tourism centers, courtesy of our God given rocks, hills, springs, waterfalls et al,

@Okija_juju, Wat has Delta State Brought to Nigeria when the proceeds from your state has made people dt refuse to come to Ekiti State to gain more knowledge spend the Wealth of the masses anyhow.

If only your oil theives sought knowledge from Ekiti State professors and other indigenes from relevant sectors, Nigeria would have been a better place.

Aye re a da.
Leave that cretin called okija. I am sure one Ekiti man has shown him where he belongs.
@op
Nobody can distpute my state has the largest no of professors that serves as a fountain of knowledge for others to drink.
Tourist center in form of Ikogosi warm spring is also there.
Agriculure? Why do u fink they call us the owners of pounded yam? Yes, we produce lotsa them yams!
Am from Ekiti State (the fountain of knowledge)
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Briz(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2011
Well @afam4eva, when i say ALL, am using a figure of speech i felt u'll recognize. I didnt mean literrally ALL. Well i didn't expect u'd hv figured dt out anywayz.

FYI @afam4eva, we've contributed to Nigeria several pioneers in the academia, mention it

Profs Adegoke Olubummo(1st Nigeria Professor in the field of Mathematics),
Adeyinka Adeyemi(1st Professor of Architecture in West Africa)
Prof. Sam Aluko (The Great Economists) noted for popular saying of Economics is common sense made difficult
Prof. Olu Ogunsakin (a notable policing consultant to the Home Office of USA)
Prof Bolaji Aluko (Bayelsa state -oil producing state had to borrow him to head itz fed. uni)
Prof. Peter Bodunrin (The great Nigerian Philospher)
Professor Olufunmilayo Falusi Olopade, (member of United States National Cancer Advisory Board)

This is the few am going to mention here. We so hv a lot of them notable in their fields. Just for the sake of the Situation the country is to provide enabling environment for R&D, we've decided to export some of our Professors to other parts of the globe as part of our state's foreign exchange.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2011
Briz:

FYI @afam4eva, we've contributed to Nigeria several pioneers in the academia, mention it

Profs Adegoke Olubummo(1st Nigeria Professor in the field of Mathematics),
Adeyinka Adeyemi(1st Professor of Architecture in West Africa)
Prof. Sam Aluko (The Great Economists) noted for popular saying of Economics is common sense made difficult
Prof. Olu Ogunsakin (a notable policing consultant to the Home Office of USA)
Prof Bolaji Aluko (Bayelsa state -oil producing state had to borrow him to head itz fed. uni)
Prof. Peter Bodunrin (The great Nigerian Philospher)
Professor Olufunmilayo Falusi Olopade, (member of United States National Cancer Advisory Board)

This is the few am going to mention here. We so hv a lot of them notable in their fields. Just for the sake of the Situation the country is to provide enabling environment for R&grin, we've decided to export some of our Professors to other parts of the globe as part of our state's foreign exchange.

I'm sure many states can provide a similar list like the one you provided. However i think Ekiti has contributed immensely to education in Nigeria. But i would love to see Ekiti citizens using the education they've aquired to better Ekiti state. the state is really lagging behind states that are not known for the academic prowess. It doesn't speak well for education.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by sweet9ja: 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm sure many states can provide a similar list like the one you provided. However i think Ekiti has contributed immensely to education in Nigeria. But i would love to see Ekiti citizens using the education they've aquired to better Ekiti state. the state is really lagging behind states that are not known for the academic prowess. It doesn't speak well for education.
Is it so bad over there?

Btw, I've still not heard fom our northern brethren, what going on out there?

There's no denying that this is one of the most sensible posts on NL so far.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Ekiti1: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2011
afam4eva:

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that Ekiti has CONTRIBUTED to academic development in Nigeria which is the TOPIC UNDER DISCUSICCUSION
Not how develped the state is. Dont imitate clueless okija _oogun in critisizing my state (unless u want to start a cyber war here wc I will gladly fight wt all sorts of sophisticated weapons in my arsenal)
Ciao.
sweet9ja:

Is it so bad over there?

why dnt u come and see with your own 'korokoro' eyes b4 joining the bandwagon of haters
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Ferdinandu(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2011
My State has has one of the highest concentration of small and medium scale industry in one area in Africa,the biggest market in west Africa,The most industrious and innovative people in Nigeria,I'm proud to announce to you ''The Light of the Nation" Anambra.Somebody follow the light
Please no Nothern brothers in this forum. Somebody enlighten uS
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2011
I've seen some post from kwara and kogi state.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by edoyad(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2011
who said Ogun state was the highest cement producer in the country ? You must be high on drugs. That belongs to kogi or benue if i'm not mistaken.

Since i'm in sokoto at the moment, i'll speak for them before my own state. I speak with evidence and not out of the blues like most juveniles here

www.sokotocement.com/
the above company produces about 500k tonnes of cement annually and plans are under way to boost production by 200% to 1.5 million tonnes in a 40billion naira deal

Sokoto has the 2nd largest number of livestock in Nigeria. There's also a booming hides and skins business where they're taken to kano and lagos for processing(unfortunately). This means that Gucci belt your girlfriend is getting you for christmas or that Louis hand bag your Aristo brought back from spain might originally be from sokoto.
www.tradeinvestnigeria.com/news/711371.htm
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by edoyad(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2011
Another state i've been in (NYSC) is the power state. Since no one has mentioned it here i'll chip in a bit.

Any time you switch on a bulb, charge your phone/laptop, watch a movie, use the washing machine or sleep in an Air conditioned room, it's probably because of this state. Why ?

1. www.wikimapia.org/1196335/
Shiroro-Hydro,

2. www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Kainji_Dam

3. www.wikimapia.org/2836959/Jebba-Hydroel. . .

The state is also an agricultural one. It has got subsistence and commercial farms . Infact it has a land mass that is only slightly smaller than the whole of the South South combined. . . .
LAND MASS As at 26th August 1991
(before the emergence of
Borgu and Agwara LGAs) the
state covered a land area of
74,244 square kilometres,
which is 8% of the total land area of Nigeria. With the
merger, the land mass is about
10% of the total land area that
is about 85% of the arable
land.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by sweet9ja: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ekiti1:

Ciao.why dnt u come and see with your own 'korokoro' eyes b4 joining the bandwagon of haters
Ah, ma broda, I no hate ya state, some of my very good friends come from there.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Ekiti1: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2011
olawalebab:

tell us your state contibution and stop demeaning other states
The guy is telling you what Ekiti has contributed & you call it deameanin? Now I know you have a hidden agenda b4 starting this topic.
sweet9ja:

Ah, ma broda, I no hate ya state, some of my very good friends come from there.
Aiight. Thank God you said good friends. Catch ya.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 31, 2011
Ekiti1:

The guy is telling you what Ekiti has contributed & you call it deameanin? Now I know you have a hidden agenda b4 starting this topic

That's why I ignored his instigation on the previous pages. Very obvious.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
why do you think forest reserve is the bad thing? until them kill the natural habit to make parking lot before you happy?
what do you tihnk allowed malaria to grow so much? I was finding your post very funny actually til you mentioned this,
deforestation is NO joke abeg, that's the ONE thing they've done right (according to your list) kudos to them,

[quote][/quote]

Okija_juju (m)
Okija Shrine

Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation
« #12 on: October 28, 2011, 02:31 PM »
Ekiti State prides itself as being the leech of Nigeria.

They contribute absolutely nothing to the federal coffers.

Their total IGR in a year can be counted within 30minutes by two people counting manually and transported to the bank on an Okada or Keke Napep.

They also have the largest known natural forest reserve in the country as only 2 % of its land mass is inhabited.

@OP

Dont tell me what to do!! You are not the boss of me!
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by cjfavour(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2011
I am bt from dt state that allowed its state gov to use a minority number of members of house of assembly to sack d majority,I'm from that state that made history by kidnapping a sitting gov.I'm nt from that state dt is ruled by only one family,i'm from that state dt has d biggest river in africa bt doesn't know how to use it.I'm nt frm that state that had a God father that used to mess up,dictating to a governor,and getting paid frm d state coffers without doing anything,i'm from d state a former president wanted to compasate one of his boys by making hin a gov of d state.I'm nt frm a boko haram infested state,bt frm a state that had all its structures burnt down by one man who was connected to a former president.I'm nt frm a militant infested state but frm a state with the biggest market in west africa but does nt have an airport. I'm nt frm a state dt have bn destroyed by communal crisis,i' frm a state with the biggest river in west africa bt does nt have a sea port.I' nt from a state that have a gov that admitted that he's a failure bt shld b returned for 2nd term and he rigged himself back,i'm frm d state that have a personality the whole of africa respect(zik) yet the feds dnt regard them.All the fed roads in d state have spoilt even the house of the famous man have nt bn completed. I AM FRM ANAMBRA STATE, THE LIGHT OF THE NATION,HOME FOR ALL.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2011
Hmm, You mean a state where the governor confess to the president that his election is rigged.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by calid16: 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2011
^^ Evidence please, no wild accusations.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:28am On Dec 06, 2011
dabrake:

AKWA IBOM STATE
economy: 2nd/1st highest oil producing state. Infrastructure : fastest growin state in 9ja. Security : most peaceful state in d south of d niger. Comedy : our language is a natural comedy that wil cause u laffta that wil make u live long. Christianity: abak lga has d highest no of churches in d world. Noise pollution reduction: we help reduce frequent dog barkings by eating them, thereby leavin much meat 4 d rest of 9ja pple. Division of labour: by sendin our pple 4 housemanship, we help ease burden on d part of parents. International acclaimation: wikileaks listed ma state as a state 2 watch out for in terms of performance. Craftmanship: we r  a raffia headquaters. Our guys also make quality coffins and so on. I could go on and on

^^^The mind boggles shocked. Abeg, remind me never to waka just anyhow into any mama-put in Akwa Ibom for a hearty plate of hot pepper soup. Don't think i could stomach the outcome of such a trip.

Does anyone know if their Calabar cousins have similar culinary tastes ?
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by nedu666: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
my state contributes nothing because we believe in monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 6:09am On Apr 02, 2012
No post from Ondo, cross river, Kaduna yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida / 2019: It’s Insulting For PDP To Attempt Returning To Power – Ex-speaker, Bamisil / Independence Anniversary: FG Declares Monday, October 3rd, Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.