Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation (8112 Views)

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / My Donation And Contribution To Buhari Campaign (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
okija, it's clear, you want to be the mini moderator for this thread. you are welcom
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Francis5: 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

Read this list!!

Human resources!! What human resources?! The one that other States dont have or what?!

Entertainment?! I think you should leave that one to Lagos.

Educated workforce?! I laugh in Ohafia!!

Foreign exchange from trading!! Trading what? Last time I checked, Ariaria market was in Abia and Onitsha market was in Anambra so what exactly does Imo trade?

Repatriation of funds from Abroad. . . . . Now you are just being ridiculous.

Apart from Oil and gas which last time I checked was so small that the derivation Imo state makes from it isnt even enough to tarr one village road.

Now lets call on your states chief comedian (Osuagwu) to make jokes with the Heartland F.C one, Oguta lake resort one, most educated in Nigeria one and largest palm producer part.

The oil from Imo if left for Imo people will be enough for them
Yes foreign exchange. Nigeria gets 5 billion + USD annually from abroad. We know that most of those are from Igbos abroad
Nollywood is practically Igbo
Yes, traders who import stuff pay custom duties. Indeed the Customs is the second highest revenue generator in Nigeria. We know most importers are Igbos
Imo produces the highest numberof graduates in Nigeria. If they were not there, you will probably recruit foreigners and pay them USD.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Olawalebab!!

Dude! Okay! Lemme apologize for my comments, but you would agree with me that it is insulting for states like IMO State to call themselves oil producing where States like Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Akwa Ibom are talking. And to add salt to injury, they start talking and Heartland F.C. Please dont get me started on Ekiti State!  angry

As long as you can promise me that no IMO State or Ekiti State post would feature on this thread, I promise and swear on Alusi Okija to be civil.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
Francis-1:

The oil from Imo if left for Imo people will be enough for them
Yes foreign exchange. Nigeria gets 5 billion + USD annually from abroad. We know that most of those are from Igbos abroad
Nollywood is practically Igbo
Yes, traders who import stuff pay custom duties. Indeed the Customs is the second highest revenue generator in Nigeria. We know most importers are Igbos
Imo produces the highest numberof graduates in Nigeria. If they were not there, you will probably recruit foreigners and pay them USD.

@ O.P

Shey you are seeing Francis!! Warn him to stop o!!
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
ROTFLMAO!!!

E dey pain some ppl for here grin

@Post

Ekiti state - providing free education for deltans. cool
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
what is your grouse with these 2 states
Okija_juju:

@ Olawalebab!!

Dude! Okay! Lemme apologize for my comments, but you would agree with me that it is insulting for states like IMO State to call themselves oil producing where States like Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Akwa Ibom are talking. And to add salt to injury, they start talking and Heartland F.C. Please dont get me started on Ekiti State!  angry

As long as you can promise me that no IMO State or Ekiti State post would feature on this thread, I promise and swear on Alusi Okija to be civil.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!!

E dey pain some ppl for here grin

@Post

Ekiti state - providing free education for deltans. cool

welcome, being waiting for you
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by iykak47: 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

@ Yemi

Very true!! Your State is too gbaski! Better than Ekiti.

I hope lagos State would be interested in Buying Ekiti when they go bankrupt! Their land is good for Animal husbandary and although their indigenes are lazy, they can speak plenty english as well so they can make good secretaries for all those companies and industries in Lagos.
    @ Ikwere juju. If Ileke Idi break your head abeg no call me. lol
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2011
iykak47:

@ Ikwere juju. If Ileke Idi break your head abeg no call me. lol

Ileke-idi will not do anything. To have a guy running around NL screaming ekiti state up and down. I wont need to do anything. hypertension no be joke o cheesy
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by PointB: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ileke, you no try at all. you just fall my hand
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by kholis(m): 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
There is no better way to measure correctly the contribution of each state to the nation. The monthly federal allocation to the states, instead of the other way round, has introduced a very big contradiction in the works of federalism. If not, the supposed resource-deficient states would have turned their lands to gold mines and the better rated states would have done even better.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Benzora(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
First Capital City of Nigeria

Highly Educated and Skilled Citizenry

Rich Culture and a multi-ethnic society

Wide Coastline and easy access to Sea port

Fresh water resources provided by Calabar and other rivers sufficient for the entire country and for export

Tourism (Calabar carnival, Obudu Cattle Ranch Annual Race, Agbokim Waterfalls, Rich rain forest resources, Tinapa, etc)(http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=463908)

Rubber

Cocoa

Palm plantations

Pineapple

Cassava

Oranges

Yam

Groundnut

Baryte

Corn

Banana and Plantain

Honey

Fishes, Crayfish and periwinkle

Rice

Mango

Cashew

Granite

Marble

Mica

Lime stone (Cement Factories)

Crude Oil and Gas

Where else but Cross River State, The Canaan Land wink! Be amazed!!
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by nawfia(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
My state has the highest contributor of successful human beings in the history of the black nation, name them, statesmen,politicians(includes 3 senate presidents) grin grin,businessmen,writers,doctors,legal luminaries,actors,musicians,engineers, criminals, (four out of the fifty forbes most influential celebrities in africa come from my state)in everything, we rule,

Home to River niger ,Agulu lake,Ogbunike cave,famous river niger bridge,the imposing all saints anglican church, etc,

Home to the largest market in west africa,

Home to crude oil (discovered but sealed in achalla town)

My state is ANAMBRA, The light of the Nation.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
olawalebab:

Ileke, you no try at all. you just fall my hand

Plz, you dey carry me with your hand before? I get proper transportation, so forget that thing grin

@Post

Ekiti State - We help chop Nigeria's oil money.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by olawalebabs(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2011
it seem Okija is right, i think so
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
nawfia:

My state has the highest contributor of successful human beings in the history of the black nation, name them, statesmen,politicians(includes 3 senate presidents) grin grin,businessmen,writers,doctors,legal luminaries,actors,musicians,engineers, criminals, (four out of the fifty forbes most influential celebrities in africa come from my state)in everything, we rule,

Home to River niger ,Agulu lake,Ogbunike cave,famous river niger bridge,the imposing all saints anglican church, etc,

Home to the largest market in west africa,

Home to crude oil (discovered but sealed in achalla town)

My state is ANAMBRA, The light of the Nation.

If na so, so na you guys dey help the SE state? So na anambra be the light of the SE nation?

Interesting observation.

Didnt Chimamanda and Achebe come from your state too?
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2011
olawalebab:

it seem Okija is right, i think so

Yepp, very much right. grin
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
Benzora:

First Capital City of Nigeria

Highly Educated and Skilled Citizenry

Rich Culture and a multi-ethnic society

Wide Coastline and easy access to Sea port

Fresh water resources provided by Calabar and other rivers sufficient for the entire country and for export

Tourism (Calabar carnival, Obudu Cattle Ranch Annual Race, Agbokim Waterfalls, Rich rain forest resources, Tinapa, etc)(http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=463908)

Rubber

Cocoa

Palm plantations

Pineapple

Cassava

Oranges

Yam

Groundnut

Baryte

Corn

Banana and Plantain

Honey

Fishes, Crayfish and periwinkle

Rice

Mango

Cashew

Granite

Marble

Mica

Lime stone (Cement Factories)

Crude Oil and Gas

Where else but Cross River State, The Canaan Land wink! Be amazed!!

Bros!! You have told the truth in your comment but please remove oil and gas from that list!! Cross-River State is no longer a Niger Delta State. Una be champion in tourism though!! I love your state. Also your state in conivance with Akwa Ibom cater for 85% of Nigerias Houseboy/house gril demands, also 70% of Ashawos, 50% of Okada riders and 95% of groundnut hawkers. Your staet and Akwa Ibom is also responsible for the rapid decline in the population of the canine specie (Dog).
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by lwise(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
The sunshine state,with a population of 3,441,024 and a land mass of 15,500 km2.We are the largest producer of Cocoa in Nigeria,the largest producer of timber,one of the oil producing state.We have the largest deposite of Bitumen in Africa.With the bitumen we can take care of western Nigeria (in view).Idanre hill is a very good torist centre which attract people all over the world.
Ondo state the sunshine state,the most peaceful state in Nigeria.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by nawfia(m): 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If na so, so na you guys dey help the SE state? So na anambra be the light of the SE nation?

Interesting observation.

Yes they are, you have a problem with that? undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2011
lwise:

The sunshine state,with a population of 3,441,024 and a land mass of 15,500 km2.We are the largest producer of Cocoa in Nigeria,the largest producer of timber,one of the oil producing state.We have the largest deposite of Bitumen in Africa.With the bitumen we can take care of western Nigeria (in view).Idanre hill is a very good torist centre which attract people all over the world.
Ondo state the sunshine state,the most peaceful state in Nigeria.

How big are the mining companies in the state and whats the life of a mining worker like in comparison with that of an oil company worker, Serious question though!! I know some Goelogists who may be interested should the mining be on a large scale.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Interesting observation.

Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and (maybe) Abia, are the only states worthy of calling themselves true Igbo states. Imo State is just an embarassment and Abia State is being corrupted by them.
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by KejiOJ(m): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2011
my state is the only state that produce president during military era and also civilian era,
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by manchy7531: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ okija juju

Very true!! Your State is too gbaski! Better than Ekiti.

I hope lagos State would be interested in Buying Ekiti when they go bankrupt! Their land is good for Animal husbandary and although their indigenes are lazy, they can speak plenty english as well so they can make good secretaries for all those companies and industries in Lagos.

Like i said before you are an arse.

Mind you,people build nations(ask the Japaneses) not oil(ask you f**K up leaders).if your oil make feel feel better well done to you but make sure to consult ogoni people.

opportunist  Militant!
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by VoodooDoll(m): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
Whenever my state's people are wronged Nigeria doesn't have peace cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

We have "bastards" and "angels" in the same place with my town producing more heads of states than any other town.

We are the agricultural heartland of Western Nigeria,
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
manchy7531:

@ okija juju

Like i said before you are an arse.

Mind you people build nations not oil.if your oil make feel feel better well done to you but make sure to consult ogoni people.

opportunist  Militant!

What are you going on about?!

People build nations with OIL MONEY! Go ask the federal government why they cant give full resource control to the states? Go ask em why they are so scared for Nigeria to be a truely federal state?! Because states like Ekiti will starve to death and we would have a Sudan type famine in the land, and since you know poor people reproduce like rats, their population is so high that no state would be able to cater the the large influx of Ekiti refugees that will be migrating to their states.

What State are you from again sef! Cos you are now sounding like an Ekiti trained graduate from one of the numerous fake universities in that state.

And what Has Ogoni got to do with anything?!

Na wah o!!
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and (maybe) Abia, are the only states worthy of calling themselves true Igbo states. Imo State is just an embarassment and Abia State is being corrupted by them.

You really should not speak unless being spoken to. You tend to post foolishly, dont you?
nawfia:

nawfia:

Nope
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by smoothlips(m): 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
Abia State
contribution: 1.Home grown kidnappers
2. unintelligent governors
3. baby factories
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
smoothlips:

Abia State
contribution: 1.Home grown kidnappers
2. unintelligent governors
3. baby factories

I haff die with laff, Please tell me about Ekiti State, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by SHABZ: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
ondo state contribution: d most bleeped up road in naiija (ore)
Re: What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation by Akanbiedu(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
This is bad question, no?

My state "Ogun" contributes "crude oyel" since cocoa money was involved in prospecting for the oil in the first place. Hope you like my answer? He he.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: It’s Insulting For PDP To Attempt Returning To Power – Ex-speaker, Bamisil / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.