Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West (41278 Views)

What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / The Japa After The Japa / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Eniolohunda: 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
And who told you, oyibos don't socialize? They work at the time of work, play at the time of play.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Hamachi(f): 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
Gadafii:
An average Nigerian is hard working stop cappin

Working from 9-5 here in Nigeria and gettting paid paltry 80-100k monthly is not compared to how much you get when you work same hours over there where you are likely to be paid between 18-25$ per hour minimum

Some Nigerians work two to three shifts because they know how much they will make from both jobs so don’t come here and be saying Nigerians like awoof

Na genZ spoil everything pata pata, they don’t want to work or go to school or even learn a craft but rather be online doing TikTok challenge and uploading mara pupo dance 💃 🕺

I know of a boy who recently left Nigeria for UK, his dad has been there for years, he was a big time yahoo boy and owns a Lexus car, his dad was able to get him a job and he led last month

Nigerians know how to work hard and party harder that’s just it
He actually said the truth and you know the truth is bitter. An average Nigerian with no experience would want you to pay him 250k because his simply a graduate angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Hamachi(f): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
Name: Madubuike Happiness
Mobile: 07034560701
Email: hapyamilli@gmail.com
sukkot:
speak for yourself , nigerians are known for cutting corners. if they are so hardworking why is nigeria a shithole ? lol. stop cappin bro
Cutting corners is more like a must in Nigeria and if you ain't doing it like you are lagging behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
Nigeria should revert to the pay by the hour system. no work no pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Tendd: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
Familiarity breeds contempt.During covid lockdown, some said it was horrible to sit at home, but for me it was a normal moment.There is a difference between feeling lonely and being alone.I find peace and solace being alone.I don't feel lonely at all.On my free time,l exercise more at home than going to noisy gyms full of egocentric fellows.I like running or walking too by myself.l will like to move to Canada cause it seem to match with my personality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
sukkot:
nothing like working smart in the uk. If they require you to wipe oyinbo yansh for 12 hours you will spend all 12 hours wiping yansh

Baba nla were ni bobo yi sha. grin grin grin grin

What about coffee and lunch break before going back to marathon nyash wiping!

person wey dey wipe nyash no go get break!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by soccerlite: 12:07am On Nov 19, 2023
Stupid generalisation
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Fearyourcreator: 12:30am On Nov 19, 2023
stanliwise:

Nonsense, you’re are a deluded fellow. See how uncanny you speak. What exactly is your point with all this Nigerians are this and that?
You see as them do MTN... NIGERIAns like Awoof and are lazy ... you can keep leing to yourself, just employ people first leave your work for sometimes

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by denzel231: 1:17am On Nov 19, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Well from my own experience oo, Nigerians or Japarians are hardworking and not lazy

Pakistani, Indian, Lebanese, Arab, comiunity would gather together to socialize, help themselves, intermarry, network

Nigerian neighbors won't even great themselves

One time our philipino HR back then needed, workers, overseas ... see as Pakistani, Indian were submiting CV for there people, we Nigerians submit nada, no help, we still dey survive

you said it all.. 9ja people no good for Yankee.. na so Dem dey form
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Difrent: 1:25am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
bro stop capping. The country is a shithole for a reason. Even your senators all go to the chambers to sleep. The only thing that motivates a Nigerian is money and even at that he will try to cut corners. The ones who are doing well have to be put in white systems and white countries under heavy white supervision

Now you begin to yarn nonsense.
Nigerians are among the most hardworking people on earth.
Just like we have some lazy Nigerians so also do we have lazy Americans and lazy Britons.
If Nigerian was such a shithole how come you and so many Nigerians leave the shithole and become geniuses abroad if they didn't have a solid foundation to build on.
Medical students endure the cheap medical education here and jump on the next plane to go practice what they learn in Africa in Europe....I still don't get it.....you want to be treating whites but it's black you are using to train....why not go do medicine abroad and stop gaming our system and allow those that will treat us get the education.

Some of you once you've joined the modern slave trade starts thinking so much of yourselves.....you are nothing but a modern slave doing housework christened Care job and washing diapers .....jobs their own citizens refused to do.

Abegiii

2 Likes

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Editorialtimes: 3:01am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
Truth of the matter is that if you are a social animal and you hate working hard and you like awoof you will absolutely hate living in the west.

Those 3 things I described is the typical naija person right ? Love to parrryyyyy and if you employ them they will spend half the time gisting or playing on the job and they like awoof like this is why naijas love 419 or olosho, it’s like awoof easy money.

Ehn so this is why many get miserable in the west. The west there is no socializing, nobody has your time, the west there is no free money and finally if white man employs you to do 10 hours walahi you will do all 10 hours no slacking.

And so this is why Nigerians get miserable in the west but if you are a rare type of Nigerian who is a hermit and you are a loner who hates socializing and you hate awoof money and you just loveee working extremely hard, you will love oyinbo country.

You seem to have this magnified image of yourself.

Abeg shift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:08am On Nov 19, 2023
Monaboo:

Really?

And there is free money in Nigeria? grin

Please there is a difference between Crime and Free Money.
free money full naija especially if you are a woman. just small birthday party you can collect 5 million naira in spraying money. thats 4000 pounds. tell me where in the uk someone will dash you 4000 pounds ? contracts nko ? kickbacks, deals, bribes etc. naija is the home of free money

davido ask his friends for donation to buy buggati they all donated 2 billion naira to him

mr ibu ask for surgery money everybody donate

free money everywhere bro lol

quick 2k is free money too lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:16am On Nov 19, 2023
Advancedman:

You didn't add the tuale baba o join the lady awoof entitlement miscreants.
grin
sukkot:
free money full naija especially if you are a woman. just small birthday party you can collect 5 million naira in spraying money. thats 4000 pounds. tell me where in the uk someone will dash you 4000 pounds ? contracts nko ? kickbacks, deals, bribes etc. naija is the home of free money

davido ask his friends for donation to buy buggati they all donated 2 billion naira to him

mr ibu ask for surgery money everybody donate

free money everywhere bro lol

quick 2k is free money too lol
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by COMPAQ(m): 4:23am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
bro stop capping. The country is a shithole for a reason. Even your senators all go to the chambers to sleep. The only thing that motivates a Nigerian is money and even at that he will try to cut corners. The ones who are doing well have to be put in white systems and white countries under heavy white supervision

So the question is that is it the Nigerian people that are hard working or the western system forces them to work hard because there is not hiding place?

I think it's a Bit of both. Nigerians in the last 30 or so years have been devastated by rapidly increasing poverty and dysfunctional economy which has forced the culture of cutting corners on us. Same reason why prostitution (hookup, runs etc) is so rampant now.
Nigerians no longer believe as much in hard work or personal integrity.

Too many Nigerians try to be 'smart' and game the system when they can. And this applies in both private and public sector. But when they are in environments where gaming the system is very, very difficult, they buckle up and work hard.
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:23am On Nov 19, 2023
DrAkpa:

Don't mind the ignoramus u quoted. I work with Nigerians in my base in the diaspora, if you see the way they try to cut corners and lazy about pressing their phones , you will be irritated. A Nigerian can make phone calls all through a 9-5 shift if he feels he is not being monitored. Very shitty set of people. Spits.
grin grin i totally feel you. i am yet to see a hardworking nigerian. ghanaians ? those guys are the epitome of hardworking
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:26am On Nov 19, 2023
Hamachi:
Basically, you work for every penny.
indeed. every penny
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:37am On Nov 19, 2023
Hamachi:
Name: Madubuike Happiness
Mobile: 07034560701
Email: hapyamilli@gmail.com Cutting corners is more like a must in Nigeria and if you ain't doing it like you are lagging behind.
lol. on many jobs In naija if you are not cutting corners they try to get you fired because that means you are the weak link who can spoil everything for them. It’s like when they employ those righteous people in government jobs they always get frustrated out of the position

2 Likes

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:43am On Nov 19, 2023
Skyview01:

Baba nla were ni bobo yi sha. grin grin grin grin

What about coffee and lunch break before going back to marathon nyash wiping!

person wey dey wipe nyash no go get break!
hehehe Ogbeni small 30 minute break go Dey na make you take am reset and eat the abula you bring from home. But after 30 minutes they expect you to start firing on all cylinders till close time 🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:50am On Nov 19, 2023
Difrent:

Just like we have some lazy Nigerians so also do we have lazy Americans and lazy Britons.
If Nigerian was such a shithole how come you and so many Nigerians leave the shithole and become geniuses abroad if they didn't have a solid foundation to build on.
Medical students endure the cheap medical education here and jump on the next plane to go practice what they learn in Africa in Europe....I still don't get it.....you want to be treating whites but it's black you are using to train....why not go do medicine abroad and stop gaming our system and allow those that will treat us get the education.

Some of you once you've joined the modern slave trade starts thinking so much of yourselves.....you are nothing but a modern slave doing housework christened Care job and washing diapers .....jobs their own citizens refused to do.

Abegiii
be calming down. there are no absolutes but we can generalize . if e sure for you open one business and take a one month break from it. leave the running of it to your naija workers lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:51am On Nov 19, 2023
Editorialtimes:

You seem to have this magnified image of yourself.

Abeg shift.
grin cheesy
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:59am On Nov 19, 2023
COMPAQ:

So the question is that is it the Nigerian people that are hard working or the western system forces them to work hard because there is not hiding place?

I think it's a Bit of both. Nigerians in the last 30 or so years have been devastated by rapidly increasing poverty and dysfunctional economy which has forced the culture of cutting corners on us. Same reason why prostitution (hookup, runs etc) is so rampant now.
Nigerians no longer believe as much in hard work or personal integrity.

Too many Nigerians try to be 'smart' and game the system when they can. And this applies in both private and public sector. But when they are in environments where gaming the system is very, very difficult, they buckle up and work hard.
you would be shocked to find out that every nigerian is always actively looking for ways to game the system no matter the country they find themself in. take for example Gbajabiamila a georgia lawyer found a loophole in the law and absconded with a clients 25000 dollars. he paid it back many years later after he done chop money for naija

1 Like

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Free2Fly: 6:01am On Nov 19, 2023
Bliss62:

Ok sha, some Nigerians,

We work smart, not really hard

Na all these Bangladesh Sri Lanka and Asia they work like Jaki

You don dey change mouth now grin
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Free2Fly: 6:02am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
nothing like working smart in the uk. If they require you to wipe oyinbo yansh for 12 hours you will spend all 12 hours wiping yansh

Mumu grin
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 6:06am On Nov 19, 2023
Free2Fly:

Mumu grin
grin cheesy
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Connected1: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2023
Difrent:

Abegiii
Nigerians are lazy and evil people, just shut up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by stanliwise(m): 6:47am On Nov 19, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You see as them do MTN... NIGERIAns like Awoof and are lazy ... you can keep leing to yourself, just employ people first leave your work for sometimes
Nonsense
Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by DECLAN2015(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2023
Kenn55:

I agree with you except on 2 issues.
The west is not anti social as you portray it. Anyone who wants to be social will always find social things to do, the thing is there is time to work and time to play, we don't mix it up, it is an organized society

You are right when you say people don't have your time in the west but in Nigeria the reason why people have your time is not necessarily by choice but by design.

For instance, when you live in a flat and you don't have light on a Saturday evening with heat making your life miserable, what do you do? You will come out to receive fresh air, your neighbors experiencing the same thing will come out too before you know it you are chatting and laughing with your neighbors, getting to know them and forming some kind of bond. When you go across the street to buy something, you meet someone that lives across the street coming to the same shop and you start talking. If Nigeria is a country with 24/7 light, you have AC and cheap unlimited wifi internet and no street trading like we have here, do you think people will be coming out to chat with neighbors? The streets will be quieter as people will rather watch movies, chop kpomo etc than coming out to gossip and feel good. People will have less time for neighbors. For example, how many people do you see on the street in those beautiful estates in Lekki and Ikoyi compared to streets in Ogba,Ojota, Surulere etc?

Secondly Nigerians work hard. The only problem with Nigerians is lack of quality customer service orientation. He can work all the hard but deliver a shoddy job cos he cares less about quality but just the money. If his salary is guaranteed at the end of the month, he can leave his house by 5am and get to work by 7am and still play around without delivering any tangible output and come back by 10pm. If his pay is dependent on finishing the job, he can even work overnight without sleep but delivers a shoddy job just to collect his money. Our service level in Nigeria is too poor cos all we care about is money not necessarily that we don't work hard.

All these just to demonize ya people
Mental slavery is real
No wonder suicide rate is higher

Some would die and it ll take months to know

1 Like

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Hamachi(f): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
lol. on many jobs In naija if you are not cutting corners they try to get you fired because that means you are the weak link who can spoil everything for them. It’s like when they employ those righteous people in government jobs they always get frustrated out of the position
Na true o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Akanaz(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2023
I always knew that everything about me was designed for the western culture.

God abeg answer my inner prayer 🙏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by 10thTenthMan: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Well from my own experience oo, Nigerians or Japarians are hardworking and not lazy

Pakistani, Indian, Lebanese, Arab, comiunity would gather together to socialize, help themselves, intermarry, network

One time our philipino HR back then needed, workers, overseas ... see as Pakistani, Indian were submiting CV for there people, we Nigerians submit nada, no help, we still dey survive

Let me lend my voice and say what I experienced and what I was told by a couple of new comers I met:

NIGERIANS MAY NOT BE LAZY, BUT:

NO OTHER NATIONALITY HATES THEMSELVES AND COMPETE NEGATIVELY AND UNHEALTHILY AGAINST THEMSELVES AS NIGERIANS DO.

NONE!

Now let me make a disclaimer. The primary purpose of Japa is not to go and hangout with your country men. No. So whether Nigerians unite or not, face your purpose of relocating abroad, please.

Nigerians in the UK might be crazy and noisy and jaiye jaiye o. But I bet you when you get to Canada you might envy Nigerians in the UK and their mostly scandalous life style. From what I saw/experienced when I visited and what I was told, NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST DISUNITED NATIONALITY IN CANADA. A foreign land where they break themselves into regions, ethnic groups, tribes, villages, etc. And that is even only online. It stops online. Na only to go picnic for June/July dem sabi. They will never discuss and tell you positive things and information to give you progress as a fellow Nigerian and especially if you are a newcomer. Instead na Scam, MMM, get rich quick schemes, and how to get you entrenched in debt like most of them are, that they focus on. They are like the sluts who are jealous of, envious of, and shame the virgin and goad her into having sex so that she becomes like them.

Take Saskatoon Canada for example. Every weekend you will see Indians gather. It was so refreshing and adorable. As I strolled with the people I went to Visit on Holidays I saw Asians gather for grills and cookouts especially during summer. As you walk in the evening you will see Arabs gathered in the house of one Arab or another. I was told they usually rotate it from family to family. The children are playing. The Men are discussing, hopefully progressive things. The women are talking hopefully about how to make their families comfortable and all that. They are having a good time. They associate and push for progress of their countrymen. They are eating, drinking, and the families interact.

Nigerians will see a fellow Nigerian and will not respond to a “good morning”. A Nigerian will pass by a Nigerian speaking Yoruba and will not even acknowledge one another. Na Oyibo instead Dey respond with a “Hi” and smiles and asking you where you are from and telling you how to prepare for winter.

The Nigerians WhatsApp groups is broken into Tribes. Na only how to sell hair and kulikuli dem sabi. Ask them questions on something serious and one week nobody don respond. Then they foolishly tell you to pay membership dues. Bunch of rogues, the most of them, anywhere they are.

The biggest a Nigerian will do for you is to fight with other Nigerians in dragging you to their Church as a new comer. Those who just arrived have real challenges. Not church. Church isn’t the problem of a new comer in Canada. Some of you will say “maybe in church they will provide information and assistance to solve your problems”. Haha Dey Play. Na LIE. Big Lie. Once they close, they all disperse. Then Friday the same person is asking if you are coming to church. Oga/Madam, to hell with you and your church. I have things to tick off. From SIM to SIN to Bank Account Opening to getting a bus card to getting long term accommodation, to registering kids for school, to knowing where to shop for what, to health insurance to claiming the benefits for kids, etc. Settling down is the problem of a new comer. Not church. And NO. The churches don’t help. And then when you attend the church what do you see? Classism. Groups and cliques. It is so bad that even their kids no the kids of other people they shouldn’t play with. Gossiping. Looking at who came with the best car. A Nigerian told a new comer not to get accommodation in an area of Saskatoon because there are too many Nigerians living in that neighborhood. Questions were asked that is the crime rate high? No. Is the neighborhood dilapidated or rundown? No, it is even one of the best. Do the Nigerians create trouble or fight or steal each others wives and husbands or something? No. The only reason is that there are too many Nigerians there! What manner of people are we?

Nigerians who just arrived get more information about settling down FROM INDIAN AND ASIAN UBER DRIVERS! Yes. A Nigerian Uber Driver even refused to acknowledge he is Nigerian till her overheard my discussions, knew the industry I work in and realized I did not come to Canada to Beg. He realized that for this guy to get an UberXL he obviously isn’t broke. Meanwhile I had seen his name on the App and he had seen mine.

You see a Nigerian in a thrift store, the moment you say Hello, they reluctantly respond . This is someone you probably saw somewhere and has been pointed out to you. Nigerians Dey shame to greet fellow Nigerians for thrift store. Oga there is no need for this big man attitude or to Dey hide and Dey shame make people no know say you Dey go Value Village. Nigerians are just one funny set of people.

Self expression, social interaction and a network of country men to socialize with is important. But many new comers quickly give up on it and realize the horrible snobbish attitudes of Nigerians. They adopt the same “make everybody Dey him house” attitude and the cycle continues.

Finally, it is known that as per foreigners in many Canadian Provinces you have Nigerians, Arabs, Asians, and Indians/Pakistanis. These other groups unite so well. They even influence elections and present candidates as Council Members. And they win. They can do this due to the Unity and Common sense of purpose they have. Nigerians will have serious issues in this regard. Jealousy, envy, unhealthy and very sick and wicked spirit of competition will not allow them achieve administrative strength and political power in these Provinces and cities in Canada.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by newoffer: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2023
That's how Indians came to Naija with no experience will be asking for fellow indians. Do you know MTN has less expatriates, Airtel that is owned by Indian have less than 15 India. In the whole network. Ask my naija network what the entire Indian is doing in the network that is not even taking advantage of its home base.
Bliss62:
cool

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2023
stanliwise:

Nonsense
Okay tell us why Dangote no gree employ Nigerians to run him refinery? No b because of all these negative habits? Instead he went to hire expatriates from other countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.