Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West (41194 Views)

What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / The Japa After The Japa / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:38am On Nov 17, 2023
Truth of the matter is that if you are a social animal and you hate working hard and you like awoof you will absolutely hate living in the west.

Those 3 things I described is the typical naija person right ? Love to parrryyyyy and if you employ them they will spend half the time gisting or playing on the job and they like awoof like this is why naijas love 419 or olosho, it’s like awoof easy money.

Ehn so this is why many get miserable in the west. The west there is no socializing, nobody has your time, the west there is no free money and finally if white man employs you to do 10 hours walahi you will do all 10 hours no slacking.

And so this is why Nigerians get miserable in the west but if you are a rare type of Nigerian who is a hermit and you are a loner who hates socializing and you hate awoof money and you just loveee working extremely hard, you will love oyinbo country.

221 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Bliss62: 4:51am On Nov 17, 2023
cool

Well from my own experience oo, Nigerians or Japarians are hardworking and not lazy

Pakistani, Indian, Lebanese, Arab, comiunity would gather together to socialize, help themselves, intermarry, network

Nigerian neighbors won't even great themselves

One time our philipino HR back then needed, workers, overseas ... see as Pakistani, Indian were submiting CV for there people, we Nigerians submit nada, no help, we still dey survive

229 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:57am On Nov 17, 2023
Bliss62:
Well from my own experience oo, Nigerians or Japarians are hardworking and not lazy
To be forced to be hardworking is different from being naturally hard working. if not that new minister of interior it takes the average nigerian 6 months to produce one passport lmao. lazy pipo

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Bliss62: 5:00am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
To be forced to be hardworking is different from being naturally hard working. if not that new minister of interior it takes the average nigerian 6 months to produce one passport lmao. lazy pipo

I don't know one single Nigerian that is not hard working to survive or live off Government stipend

And I know many many Americans on food stamps, many British living in Council home, many homeless

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 5:05am On Nov 17, 2023
Bliss62:

I don't know one single Nigerian that is not hard working to survive or live off Government

And I know many many Americans on food stamps, many British living in Council home, many homeless

because they have to. Abi is it not this same Nairaland frontpage that many Nigerians are sacked in the same UK for being caught sleeping on the job ?

Have you been to government office in naija ? Are the Nigerians there different from the ones abroad ?

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by 1TrippleCee: 5:13am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
because they have to. Abi is it not this same Nairaland frontpage that many Nigerians are sacked in the same UK for being caught sleeping on the job ?

Have you been to government office in naija ? Are the Nigerians there different from the ones abroad ?

Are you not a Nigerian? This forceful slamming is beginning to appear like self elevation

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Bliss62: 5:13am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:

Ok sha, some Nigerians,

We work smart, not really hard

Na all these Bangladesh Sri Lanka and Asia they work like Jaki

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 5:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Bliss62:

Ok sha, some Nigerians,

We work smart, not really hard

Na all these Bangladesh Sri Lanka and Asia they work like Jaki
nothing like working smart in the uk. If they require you to wipe oyinbo yansh for 12 hours you will spend all 12 hours wiping yansh

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 5:23am On Nov 17, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Are you not a Nigerian? This forceful slamming is beginning to appear like self elevation
I am a Nigerian and that’s why I know my people lmao. Just the other day I went to the restaurant, the egusi was not salty, just for the woman to go and bring me salt you will think I asked her to perform brain surgery on someone . Lol . Happens all the time

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Rilwayne001: 5:56am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
nothing like working smart in the uk. If they require you to wipe oyinbo yansh for 12 hours you will spend all 12 hours wiping yansh

Haha grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by madone: 6:02am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
truth of the matter is that if you are a social animal and you hate working hard and you like awoof you will absolutely hate living in the west. Those 3 things I described is the typical naija person right ? Love to parrryyyyy and if you employ them they will spend half the time gisting or playing on the job and they like awoof like this is why naijas love 419 or olosho, it’s like awoof easy money. Ehn so this is why many get miserable in the west. The west there is no socializing, nobody has your time, the west there is no free money and finally if white man employs you to do 10 hours walahi you will do all 10 hours no slacking. And so this why Nigerians get miserable in the west but if you are a rare type of Nigerian who is a hermit and you are a loner who hates socializing and you hate awoof money and you just loveee working extremely hard, you will love oyinbo country
person will just have mb come online to type nonsense.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 6:04am On Nov 17, 2023
Rilwayne001:

Haha grin
keepin it real grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 6:04am On Nov 17, 2023
madone:
person will just have mb come online to type nonsense.
its real. wink

6 Likes

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by stanliwise(m): 7:31am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
I am a Nigerian and that’s why I know my people lmao. Just the other day I went to the restaurant, the egusi was not salty, just for the woman to go and bring me salt you will think I asked her to perform brain surgery on someone . Lol . Happens all the time
Nonsense, you’re are a deluded fellow. See how uncanny you speak. What exactly is your point with all this Nigerians are this and that?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2023
stanliwise:

Nonsense, you’re are a deluded fellow. See how uncanny you speak. What exactly is your point with all this Nigerians are this and that?
define UNCANNY. so i can understand your question

13 Likes

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Gadafii: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2023
An average Nigerian is hard working stop cappin

Working from 9-5 here in Nigeria and gettting paid paltry 80-100k monthly is not compared to how much you get when you work same hours over there where you are likely to be paid between 18-25$ per hour minimum

Some Nigerians work two to three shifts because they know how much they will make from both jobs so don’t come here and be saying Nigerians like awoof

Na genZ spoil everything pata pata, they don’t want to work or go to school or even learn a craft but rather be online doing TikTok challenge and uploading mara pupo dance 💃 🕺

I know of a boy who recently left Nigeria for UK, his dad has been there for years, he was a big time yahoo boy and owns a Lexus car, his dad was able to get him a job and he led last month

Nigerians know how to work hard and party harder that’s just it

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2023
Gadafii:
An average Nigerian is hard working stop cappin

Working from 9-5 here in Nigeria and gettting paid paltry 80-100k monthly is not compared to how much you get when you work same hours over there where you are likely to be paid between 18-25$ per hour minimum

Some Nigerians work two to three shifts because they know how much they will make from both jobs so don’t come here and be saying Nigerians like awoof

Na genZ spoil everything pata pata, they don’t want to work or go to school or even learn a craft but rather be online doing TikTok challenge and uploading mara pupo dance 💃 🕺

I know of a boy who recently left Nigeria for UK, his dad has been there for years, he was a big time yahoo boy and owns a Lexus car, his dad was able to get him a job and he led last month

Nigerians know how to work hard and party harder that’s just it
speak for yourself , nigerians are known for cutting corners. if they are so hardworking why is nigeria a shithole ? lol. stop cappin bro

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Gadafii: 9:39am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
speak for yourself , nigerians are known for cutting corners. if they are so hardworking why is nigeria a shithole ? lol. stop cappin bro
you ask me to speak for my self but went ahead to generalize your own opinion

Are you aware of several millions of hard working and smart Nigerians out there, some of holding international positions, political offices, military high commands etc, don’t be lame

Nigerians are me of the hard and smart working people in the world, bad government and few bad Nigerians are the ones putting Nigeria and Nigerians on the bad spot

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2023
Gadafii:
you ask me to speak for my self but went ahead to generalize your own opinion

Are you aware of several millions of hard working and smart Nigerians out there, some of holding international positions, political offices, military high commands etc, don’t be lame

Nigerians are me of the hard and smart working people in the world, bad government and few bad Nigerians are the ones putting Nigeria and Nigerians on the bad spot
bro stop capping. The country is a shithole for a reason. Even your senators all go to the chambers to sleep. The only thing that motivates a Nigerian is money and even at that he will try to cut corners. The ones who are doing well have to be put in white systems and white countries under heavy white supervision

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by ednut1(m): 11:29am On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
truth of the matter is that if you are a social animal and you hate working hard and you like awoof you will absolutely hate living in the west. Those 3 things I described is the typical naija person right ? Love to parrryyyyy and if you employ them they will spend half the time gisting or playing on the job and they like awoof like this is why naijas love 419 or olosho, it’s like awoof easy money. Ehn so this is why many get miserable in the west. The west there is no socializing, nobody has your time, the west there is no free money and finally if white man employs you to do 10 hours walahi you will do all 10 hours no slacking. And so this why Nigerians get miserable in the west but if you are a rare type of Nigerian who is a hermit and you are a loner who hates socializing and you hate awoof money and you just loveee working extremely hard, you will love oyinbo country
This boy you no dey tire There is no socializing indeed. All the pubs/bars , musicals/stage play, football/basketball/hockey, game nights/ birthday by fellow Nigerians or Colleagues, road trips , is not socializing

https://www.nairaland.com/7819069/bicycle-ride-adventure-toronto-mississauga The people i went on bike ride with 5 times this summer are they ghosts

https://www.nairaland.com/7606132/skiing-trip-blue-mountain-ontario The skii trip i went with colleagues no be socializing

All the Davido, Buju, Adekunle Gold, wizkid, Burna etc shows in the west 50 cent , Beyonce, and others that did shows nko.

Going to the beach with friends to do BBQ, play music and ride inflatable boat is not socializing Even oyinbo dey join for our tent 😆

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by FinidiGeorge: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
E be like say this ass wiping dey real o grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by Kenn55: 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:

I agree with you except on 2 issues.
The west is not anti social as you portray it. Anyone who wants to be social will always find social things to do, the thing is there is time to work and time to play, we don't mix it up, it is an organized society

You are right when you say people don't have your time in the west but in Nigeria the reason why people have your time is not necessarily by choice but by design.

For instance, when you live in a flat and you don't have light on a Saturday evening with heat making your life miserable, what do you do? You will come out to receive fresh air, your neighbors experiencing the same thing will come out too before you know it you are chatting and laughing with your neighbors, getting to know them and forming some kind of bond. When you go across the street to buy something, you meet someone that lives across the street coming to the same shop and you start talking. If Nigeria is a country with 24/7 light, you have AC and cheap unlimited wifi internet and no street trading like we have here, do you think people will be coming out to chat with neighbors? The streets will be quieter as people will rather watch movies, chop kpomo etc than coming out to gossip and feel good. People will have less time for neighbors. For example, how many people do you see on the street in those beautiful estates in Lekki and Ikoyi compared to streets in Ogba,Ojota, Surulere etc?

Secondly Nigerians work hard. The only problem with Nigerians is lack of quality customer service orientation. He can work all the hard but deliver a shoddy job cos he cares less about quality but just the money. If his salary is guaranteed at the end of the month, he can leave his house by 5am and get to work by 7am and still play around without delivering any tangible output and come back by 10pm. If his pay is dependent on finishing the job, he can even work overnight without sleep but delivers a shoddy job just to collect his money. Our service level in Nigeria is too poor cos all we care about is money not necessarily that we don't work hard.

75 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2023
ednut1:
This boy you no dey tire There is no socializing indeed. All the pubs/bars , musicals/stage play, football/basketball/hockey, game nights/ birthday by fellow Nigerians or Colleagues, road trips , is not socializing

https://www.nairaland.com/7819069/bicycle-ride-adventure-toronto-mississauga The people i went on bike ride with 5 times this summer are they ghosts

https://www.nairaland.com/7606132/skiing-trip-blue-mountain-ontario The skii trip i went with colleagues no be socializing

All the Davido, Buju, Adekunle Gold, wizkid, Burna etc shows in the west 50 cent , Beyonce, and others that did shows nko.

Going to the beach with friends to do BBQ, play music and ride inflatable boat is not socializing Even oyinbo dey join for our tent 😆
ednut because you carry stool go beach for Canada by yasef Dey bbq grass cutter no mean say social life Dey Canada ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

E be like say this ass wiping dey real o grin grin grin
no be small thing ooo bros 🤣🤣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kenn55:

I agree with you except on 2 issues.
The west is not anti social as you portray it. Anyone who wants to be social will always find social things to do, the thing is there is time to work and time to play, we don't mix it up, it is an organized society

You are right when you say people don't have your time in the west but in Nigeria the reason why people have your time is not necessarily by choice but by design.

For instance, when you live in a flat and you don't have light on a Saturday evening with heat making your life miserable, what do you do? You will come out to receive fresh air, your neighbors experiencing the same thing will come out too before you know it you are chatting and laughing with your neighbors, getting to know them and forming some kind of bond. When you go across the street to buy something, you meet someone that lives across the street coming to the same shop and you start talking. If Nigeria is a country with 24/7 light, you have AC and cheap unlimited wifi internet and no street trading like we have here, do you think people will be coming out to chat with neighbors? The streets will be quieter as people will rather watch movies, chop kpomo etc than coming out to gossip and feel good. People will have less time for neighbors. For example, how many people do you see on the street in those beautiful estates in Lekki and Ikoyi compared to streets in Ogba,Ojota, Surulere etc?

Secondly Nigerians work hard. The only problem with Nigerians is lack of quality customer service orientation. He can work all the hard but deliver a shoddy job cos he cares less about quality but just the money. If his salary is guaranteed at the end of the month, he can leave his house by 5am and get to work by 7am and still play around without delivering any tangible output and come back by 10pm. If his pay is dependent on finishing the job, he can even work overnight without sleep but delivers a shoddy job just to collect his money. Our service level in Nigeria is too poor cos all we care about is money not necessarily that we don't work hard.
but brother if you deliver a shoddy job just to collect your money that means you are not hardworking lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by ednut1(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
ednut because you carry stool go beach for Canada by yasef Dey bbq grass cutter no mean say social life Dey Canada ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣
at least na evidence be this. One of a woman , one of a man . The one under na another friend snap am. I still dey save to buy real yatch. My money go complete by 2033, i go invite you come 🤣
I don go remove d pic😁

6 Likes

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by APOPTOSIS: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
U nailed it.
I have lived Abroad for years now.
I detest it when Nigerians abroad complain too much.
That your neighbor in Nigeria is leaving doesn't mean you should join the bandwagon.
Rather cross examine your lifestyle in Nigeria and see if the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand will be befitting for you.

The United States for example is not as lawless as most African countries, hence the reason people mind their businesses. IF a woman is interested in you in the US, you have to compel her to call you more. This is for record keeping, else if you do she can slam you with harassment if she has got an ulterior motive.
If you are very humble & serious-minded person with no single trace of greed, then the US doors are opened, however if the reverse is the case, Abeg I take God beg you, remain for Naija. No come destroy ur record.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

U nailed it.
I have lived Abroad for years now.
I detest it when Nigerians abroad complain too much.
That your neighbor in Nigeria is leaving doesn't mean you should join the bandwagon.
Rather cross examine your lifestyle in Nigeria and see if the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand will be befitting for you.
The United States for example is not as lawless as most African countries, hence the reason people mind their businesses. IF a woman is interested in you in the US, you have to compel her to call you more, else if you do she can slam you with harassment if she has got an ulterior motive.
If you a very humble serious-minded person with no single trace of greed, then the US doors are opened, however if the reverse is the case, Abeg I take God beg you, remain for Naija.
bartender give this man chilled orijin and fried catfish

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by GloriousGbola: 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
but brother if you deliver a shoddy job just to collect your money that means you are not hardworking lol

A large number of Nigerians focus on the quantity of motion rather than the quality of result

Efficiency is not one of our watchwords.

I remember how a colleague used to make a big show of how difficult it was to print a set of 50 drawings. But the real issue was that he was satisfied with knowing the bare essentials of the software he was using. I could literally set up my system and print the same drawings he was taking 1 hour to print in 5 minutes.

But that is what we Nigerians love hard inefficient work. Not smart effective efficient work.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
ednut1:
at least na evidence be this. One of a woman , one of a man . The one under na another friend snap am. I still dey save to buy real yatch. My money go complete by 2033, i go invite you come 🤣
grin grin grin grin grin grin more grease to ya elbow. a yatch on lake sasquatchewan with bbq moose meat and maple syrup in sub zero temperature sounds like fun. count me in

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by sukkot: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

A large number of Nigerians focus on the quantity of motion rather than the quality of result

Efficiency is not one of our watchwords.

I remember how a colleague used to make a big show of how difficult it was to print a set of 50 drawings. But the real issue was that he was satisfied with knowing the bare essentials of the software he was using. I could literally set up my system and print the same drawings he was taking 1 hour to print in 5 minutes.

But that is what we Nigerians love hard inefficient work. Not smart effective efficient work.
hmmmm hard inefficient work not smart efficient work. Somebody give that man Glorious a chilled glass of palm wine. I am in total agreement with you. They will rather be perceived to be working than actually working. It’s all a show. Eye service . It’s a form of witchcraft if you ask me lmaooo. This is just to piggy back off of your solid point. Eye service wink

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West by FinidiGeorge: 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
sukkot:
no be small thing ooo bros 🤣🤣
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? / UNICAL Undergraduate Dies As Car Hits Him (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.