Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight (29582 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / Watch Pastor Sign Fireman In Documentary Titled Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by doyin13(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
Lol . . Hustler's paradise
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
Wow!!! just watched the program now and God!! how can Nigerians allowed themselves to be taken for a rid like this?

This is daylight robbery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
With this channel 4 documentary I rest my case.

So all those who were abusing and attacking me in other articles, what do you think now.

Christ Embassy is the Worst, security guards aka thugs beating up people 

What !!!

Where are the Christ Embassy members to defend this fraud called Pastor Chris  undecided

No doubt God's judgement will catch up with them !

But then again, the people are greedy looking for Lamborghinis and Bentleys  grin grin grin grin

Maybe they deserve what they get, wow oh wow !!! shocked
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by ada24: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
Judas was many things but an Accountant?

the worse thing is that a lot of people will believe the yellow hummer pastor - I have said it time without number, most of these churches are a fraud - and the love of money is really what drives people to these churchs

jesus was rich indeed - KMT
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by ada24: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
frosbel - i don't understand how people think that by giving money to a pastor/church they will buy a bentley and buy a house in the hamptons or Bishops Avenue.

the one that makes me sick to my bone marrow is that these same people throwing cash at the pastors feet will probably walk past people that really need help, going to church on sunday and giving money to ur church does not make u a good christian. Its disgusting
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by miket2(m): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
lol, the same woman having demons cast out of her was his receptionist,

I dont feel sorry for any idiot that gives money to these churches, its not as if these so called men of God are hiding what they are up to,
If as a so called Christian your main purpose for going to Church is to ask God for riches you deserve to be conned out of your money

What would Jesus do?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by 4real(m): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
@Frosbel i dont attend christ embassy but in what way are they the worst, am not defending anybody but if i go by your post i would take it that your state of mind is the same with the white people where you live, there is nothing far worst then a fake pastor then a one sided thinker/person. I can bet my life on it that you have no clue about Christ embassy apart from what you have seen from afar or heard from people, there are bad eggs everywhere does not mean the one basket is bad, So like other if you dont have facts pls just shut up
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by lepasharon(f): 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2011
woow dem don shocked :oknow us!!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by miket2(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
@Frosbel i dont attend christ embassy but in what way are they the worst, am not defending anybody but if i go by your post i would take it that your state of mind is the same with the white people where you live, there is nothing far worst then a fake pastor then a one sided thinker/person. I can bet my life on it that you have no clue about Christ embassy apart from what you have seen from afar or heard from people, there are bad eggs everywhere does not mean the one basket is bad, So like other if you dont have facts pls just shut up

The biggest problem is that the so called "good churches" refuse to condemn these conmen and so called miracle workers, so therefore in the eyes of many of us they are one and the same
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by ada24: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
this is what i picked from the channel 4 website - I guess to balance the disgusting behaviour of yellow hummer guy.

Friday 28 October 2011

A sequence that didn't make it in to our film featured Reverend Mrs. Chika Oluchi. A remarkable women, she is in charge of The Mountain of the Lord Ministries International: Centre for Liberation. Her church is based in Ejigbo, a suburb of Lagos that is famous for having a very high concentration of churches.

She runs a widows fellowship every Thursday night, The Widows Fellowship is a chance for widows who are struggling to make ends meet to pray together and look for help. The church tries to gather food that can be distributed to the women and provides somewhere for them to sleep if they've become homeless. There are currently 120 women who come every week and a handful who live there.

We met the reverend when we were following up the case of a widower called Therese. She lost her husband a few years ago. Soon after she was introduced to a new church run by a husband and wife pastor couple.

At the end of her first visit to the church the pastors told Therese that her late husband had been a member of a devil worshipping cult and persuaded Therese that God wanted her to sell everything her husband owned. The car (a Mercedes), carpets, a gas cooker, dining table and chairs, clothes, cutlery, crockery and even the curtains were all taken to the church. Therese was told that if anyone found out what had happened God would kill her and her children.

Therese ended up sleeping on the streets with her 2 teenage children. We were told it was a common story of how those in a position of power and respect had taken advantage of a vulnerable individual.

Luckily Therese met Reverend Oluchi. For over a month she slept on the floor of the church without telling anyone what had happened to her before the reverend managed to get the story out of her.

When we followed up this story during our filming we found the police just about to arrest the couple Therese accused. The police took us to the church in question. We watched as they stormed into the middle of Sunday service and arrested the couple.

We went along to court to see what would happen. The judge was clearly unimpressed with the couple, she adjourned the case to September but to stop the couple from absconding again she set bail at a £2000 each, a small fortune in Nigeria. Their 2 guarantors also had to provide up-to-date tax records. That was the killer. Finding someone with £2000 to lend them may not have been hard, but finding someone with up-to-date tax records in Nigeria is very difficult when few people actually pay tax. The couple were driven back to prison.

Therese still lives with the reverend and she has become a key member of the Widows Fellowship.

If you want to contact the reverend, her address is:

The Mountain of the Lord Minitsries International: Centre for Liberation
29 Adekonye Street
Powerline - Ejogbo
Lagos

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/articles/the-making-of-nigerias-millionaire-preachers

the couple that did this to the widow should rot in hell - i feel like throwing up just reading the story
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2011
4real:

I beg your pardon !!

Are you telling me that a church where security guards ( 10 in number ) beat up people for simply taking a picture of the church building is sanctioned by GOD.

Common this did not start today, random stories abound particularly of Christ Embassy all over Nigeria of fraud , robberies and scams.

Do you know that the South African authorities want to ban a few of their questionable pratices.

It's all a con mate,.

All you need is beloved JESUS, love HIM and not what he can give you. He died for your sins and that is enough.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by lepasharon(f): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
WHAT TIME IS THE PROGRAMME HAVE I MISSED IT shocked cry
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sunofgod(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
Anybody know the fee to raise somebody from the dead?

I want to put the money aside now for when I quench -  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerians bad ohh. . . . . we no dey fear the 'Creator' again.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
lepasharon:

WHAT TIME IS THE PROGRAMME HAVE I MISSED IT shocked cry

channel 4 + 1 will show it again at 8.30pm
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2011
It's on Youtube already , but the embeded feature is disable.

Link here -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQoQIMqJoQ&feature=sh_e_top&list=SL
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
jeeez, all these orobo sisters don't have husbands?

this documentary is hilarious.
how come all the s[i]e[/i]x maniacs on nairaland don't go to these places.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Niseamaka(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Just finished watching the programme. Nigerians are so gullible. The most iron clad way to swindle Nigerians these days is to call on the name of jesus, once you do that, everyone will close there eyes and you take whatever you want from there pockets and maybe there bank accounts.The central figure in this documentary is a small fry, not even among the well known pastors and churches, i`m hearing his name (Dr. firman)and that of his congregation (perfect christian ministry) for the very first time, yet he is swimming in opulence, moving around with about a dozen uniformed  bodyguards, three luxury vehicles valued at about £150,000, yet families that are in the lowest strata of our society gives them the little they have in the name of tithes. That channel 4 reporter is a star, he pointed out to the pastor that there is no difference b/w them and politicians. Politicians drive around in the most expensive cars on earth and live in the best houses while 80% of nigerians wallow in abject poverty. similarly pastors live the same lifestyle while there congregation worry where there next meal will come from. Nigerians are the most manipulated on earth by politicians and the so called men of God. why should supposedly educated and enlightened populace fall prey to such eloborate scams. why is it that once you mention the name of God or Jesus, everyone will do your bidding. christianity is not about your relationship with your pastor, it`s about your relationship with God, with Jesus.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by 4real(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
@Frosbel Mr Man if you watched the program or if you taped it go and watch it again there is a big sign with no pictures or fire arm, are you telling me if it was in the uk and he did it he wont be hearing from there lawyers, Pls spare me this double standard.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by plappville(f): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
frosbel: Are you telling me that a church where security guards ( 10 in number ) beat up people for simply taking a picture of the church building is sanctioned by GOD.
Becareful, this may not be true, a church wont do it even if they are fake, they must avoid scandal.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sunofgod(m): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
frosbel:

It's on Youtube already , but the embeded feature is disable.

Link here -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQoQIMqJoQ&feature=sh_e_top&list=SL

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQoQIMqJoQ&feature=sh_e_top&list=SL[/flash]
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
Niseamaka:

Just finished watching the programme. Nigerians are so gullible. The most iron clad way to swindle Nigerians these days is to call on the name of jesus, once you do that, everyone will close there eyes and you take whatever you want from there pockets and maybe there bank accounts.The central figure in this documentary is a small fry, not even among the well known pastors and churches, i`m hearing his name (Dr. firman)and that of his congregation (perfect christian ministry) for the very first time, yet he is swimming in opulence, moving around with about a dozen uniformed  bodyguards, three luxury vehicles valued at about £150,000, yet families that are in the lowest strata of our society gives them the little they have in the name of tithes. That channel 4 reporter is a star, he pointed out to the pastor that there is no difference b/w them and politicians. Politicians drive around in the most expensive cars on earth and live in the best houses while 80% of nigerians wallow in abject poverty. similarly pastors live the same lifestyle while there congregation worry where there next meal will come from. Nigerians are the most manipulated on earth by politicians and the so called men of God. why should supposedly educated and enlightened populace fall prey to such eloborate scams. why is it that once you mention the name of God or Jesus, everyone will do your bidding. christianity is not about your relationship with your pastor, it`s about your relationship with God, with Jesus.

but if the congregation are not getting the blessings - why do they keep going?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Skywalker5(m): 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2011
Men. reality check on me
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sun of god:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQoQIMqJoQ&feature=sh_e_top&list=SL[/flash]

Sun of god , you go kill me oooo,    grin grin

Whats the point, when you cannot watch it here , again because the embedded feature has been disabled !!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2011
4real:

@Frosbel Mr Man if you watched the program or if you taped it go and watch it again there is a big sign with no pictures or fire arm, are you telling me if it was in the uk and he did it he wont be hearing from there lawyers, Pls spare me this double standard.

But for the life of me, why will anybody go to church with a firearm 

And also how can christians hire thugs to beat up people who take photos of their building  undecided
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by 4real(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
@Forebel are you for real are you really asking why people would take fire arms to church am guessing your just having a laff, i think you have stand tooo long in the uk, churches are prime targets for thief's, So how police men are now thugs, and was anyone beaten, was there proof that anyone was beaten, what am saying is this why in the world would you want to film when there is a big not small a fucking BIG sign that says he cant, oh he thinks he can come to Nigeria and be lawless abi, he is lucky am not a lawyer if i was i would have sued channel 4 over it, because we no fit try that rubbish for uk
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
frosbel:

But for the life of me, why will anybody go to church with a firearm 
And also how can christians hire thugs to beat up people who take photos of their building  undecided

in nigeria? where there's a breakdown of law and order? where assassins walk freely and can take shots at anyone? where when people get shot, they always die because of the poor health system?

of course, religious leaders need bodyguards. politicians too!
bride and groom use bodyguards let alone public figures. nigeria is not the united kingdom or the united states. a bit of perspective, please.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sunofgod(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2011
frosbel:

Sun of god , you go kill me oooo,    grin grin

Whats the point, when you cannot watch it here , again because the embedded feature has been disabled !!

Hopefully the poster will enable the embedding facility.

This needs to be seen by all . . .  cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by denzel2009: 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
How can you believe a pastor who calls himself fireman?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by tlops(m): 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2011
Dr Fire-brand!

he started writing books at the age of six had 5 companies at the age of 17.hhmmmm and yet chose the name Sign fireman. yet he doesn't appear to know the scriptures, even to back his claims.

what a patient God we serve.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by paris10: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
Few months ago I contacted the BBC and offered to reveal false and millionaire pastors in Nigeria. They gave me the go ahead to provide as many evidence as possible before embarking on the Journey to see for themselves. We plan on visiting Churches like Christ Embassy, RCCG, Chris Okotie's Church, T.B Joshua and many more. We also plan to visit most of their branches all over the world.

This is an ongoing project and should be completed by summer of next year by His grace.

Channel 4 beat us to it, but they only came up with a small fraction. We are involving the Nigerian Mobile Police Force (MOPOL) and few of the state central intelligence and crime unit.

Fanatic members of these Churches should brace themselves for the unthinkable, shocking, daring and shake up of these so called manipulative and criminal  Pastors. It is a crime to deceptively obtain money from an individual for a promise of a better day. This is a moral and religious contract that have taken away the right and state of mind of thousands of Nigerians.

Pastor Chris would soon announce that you should not call God either when praying or talking to someone. He already told members of his Church to stop praying to God through Jesus. And just of recent, he told them not to say 'May God be wit us' anymore.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by coogar: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
denzel2009:

How can you believe a pastor who calls himself fireman?

people want to see miracles, mate.
if you call yourself dr satan and you heal people and perform outlandish miracles, people will flock to your church.
the name means nada to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye: After Receiving Babies From Devil People Give Testimony In Church / 'Men That Wash Plate Don't Prosper' - Evangelist Ebuka Obi / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.