Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,237 members, 7,846,123 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Cassie Settles Lawsuit Accusing Diddy Of Rape And Abuse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cassie Settles Lawsuit Accusing Diddy Of Rape And Abuse (718 Views)

Most Nairaland Romance Section Men Smoke Weed And Abuse Alcohol / Lady Accuses Man Of Rape For Refusing To Stop After She Came During Sex (photos) / 'Rape & Beg': UnilagOlodo Who Was Accused Of Rape Takes Legal Action (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cassie Settles Lawsuit Accusing Diddy Of Rape And Abuse by MCentral: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs and the singer Cassie have reached a settlement just one day after she filed an explosive lawsuit accusing the hip-hop mogul of rape and numerous instances of physical abuse.

The parties announced on Friday evening that they had reached an agreement to resolve the case, though they disclosed no details about the terms of the settlement.

“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control,” Cassie, whose full name is Casandra Ventura, said in a statement. “I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”

In a statement, Mr. Combs said: “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love.”

For Mr. Combs, the settlement quickly shuts down what could have been a risky and potentially embarrassing process of legal discovery — in which reams of evidence are made public — and a possible trial. And Ms. Ventura, who has already aired her accusations through a public complaint, avoids a cross-examination by Mr. Combs’s attorneys.

In a lawsuit that drew international attention, Ms. Ventura — who signed to Mr. Combs’s Bad Boy label in 2005, when she was 19, and dated him for about a decade — accused Mr. Combs of what she said was years of beatings, controlling behavior and various forms of sexual abuse, including a rape. In response, a lawyer for Mr. Combs, Ben Brafman, said, “Mr. Combs vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations.”

According to Ms. Ventura’s suit, which was filed on Thursday in Federal District Court in Manhattan, Mr. Combs assaulted her numerous times, leaving her bloodied and bruised; she said his employees sometimes took her to hotel rooms for days to recover out of the public eye.

Mr. Combs, who started Bad Boy in 1993, became one of the most powerful and successful figures in the hip-hop industry, working with stars like the Notorious B.I.G. and Mary J. Blige, and helping to transform rap music and culture into a global pop phenomenon and a major business.

Last year, Mr. Combs received a lifetime achievement honor at the BET Awards, and in September he was given the global icon award at MTV’s Video Music Awards.

https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/cassie-settles-lawsuit-accusing-diddy-of-rape-and-abuse/
Re: Cassie Settles Lawsuit Accusing Diddy Of Rape And Abuse by TemplarLandry: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2023
cool
Re: Cassie Settles Lawsuit Accusing Diddy Of Rape And Abuse by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
Since she decided to dropped charge's and settled out of court with him, I'm sure the Cassie she's only trying to nail him base on deals gone wrong and nothing else.
She's only trying to played the victim cards then get compensation or rewards base on her performance during her prime in his records label.
Chai American wey no dey take rape cases play, same shit landed R. Kelly inside the orange colored house aka county jail.

Damned I missed the Late Notorious B.I.G 26years life after death

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Father Wants To Remarry To His Ghanian Lover At Age 72 / Cheapest, Very Good Hotel In Any Okay Location In Lagos / What Makes A Lady A Wife Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.